.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update will not install

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

on an XP Pro SP 3.  i use Zone Alarm Suite AV, Spam, and Firewall.  i set
zone alarm to NOT load at boot up and rebooted - still failed to install
KB953297.
Tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1 (Add or Remove Programs) failed with "The
installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the
source exists and that you can access it."
i do have KB928366 installed (1.1 hotfix).  Also, have .NET Framework 2.0
SP2 and 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Millard

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

=====================

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in...

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0,
or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
Installer error code "1603" (ignore the title, if need be)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install all .NET Framework
versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the
download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install
security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.

DrDuck wrote:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
> Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> on an XP Pro SP 3.  i use Zone Alarm Suite AV, Spam, and Firewall.  i set
> zone alarm to NOT load at boot up and rebooted - still failed to install
> KB953297.
> Tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1 (Add or Remove Programs) failed with
> "The
> installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the
> source exists and that you can access it."
> i do have KB928366 installed (1.1 hotfix).  Also, have .NET Framework 2.0
> SP2 and 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bob Millard

0
PA
11/25/2009 7:37:35 PM
[Like a voice crying in the wilderness...]

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
> receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982
>
> =====================
>
> Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
> versions are currently installed:
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in...
>
> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0,
> 3.0,
> or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
> Installer error code "1603" (ignore the title, if need be)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>
> After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install all .NET Framework
> versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the
> download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install
> security updates for same.
>
> NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 using the tool, reinstalling .NET
> Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
> Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
>
> IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, reinstall your .NET
> Framework versions in the following order:
>
>    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
>    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
>    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1
>
> NB: KB923100 references this page:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please
> read
> ALL of it as well as the related page
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
> Framework Cleanup Tool.
>
> Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
> updates offered.
>
> DrDuck wrote:
>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
>> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
>> Windows
>> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>>
>> on an XP Pro SP 3.  i use Zone Alarm Suite AV, Spam, and Firewall.  i set
>> zone alarm to NOT load at boot up and rebooted - still failed to install
>> KB953297.
>> Tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1 (Add or Remove Programs) failed with
>> "The
>> installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the
>> source exists and that you can access it."
>> i do have KB928366 installed (1.1 hotfix).  Also, have .NET Framework 2.0
>> SP2 and 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Bob Millard

0
PA
11/26/2009 12:49:29 AM
Your fix worked like a champ!  [ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982]

Had to run the .Net Cleanup utility three times before it finished without
errors, rebooting between each.  Had to remove one entry in 'Add Remove
Programs' manually.  The three update files ran without error and
'Update.ms.com' says that everything is current.

Thanks - couldn't have done it without ya!
Happy TurkeyDay!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Like a voice crying in the wilderness...]
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> > When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
> > receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982
> >
> > =====================
> >
> > Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
> > versions are currently installed:
> >
> > How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> > whether service packs have been applied
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
> >
> > Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in...
> >
> > When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0,
> > 3.0,
> > or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
> > Installer error code "1603" (ignore the title, if need be)
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
> >
> > After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install all .NET Framework
> > versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the
> > download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install
> > security updates for same.
> >
> > NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 using the tool, reinstalling .NET
> > Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
> > Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
> >
> > IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, reinstall your .NET
> > Framework versions in the following order:
> >
> >    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
> >    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
> >    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1
> >
> > NB: KB923100 references this page:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please
> > read
> > ALL of it as well as the related page
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
> > Framework Cleanup Tool.
> >
> > Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
> > updates offered.
> >
> > DrDuck wrote:
> >> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> >> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
> >> Windows
> >> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> >>
> >> on an XP Pro SP 3.  i use Zone Alarm Suite AV, Spam, and Firewall.  i set
> >> zone alarm to NOT load at boot up and rebooted - still failed to install
> >> KB953297.
> >> Tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1 (Add or Remove Programs) failed with
> >> "The
> >> installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the
> >> source exists and that you can access it."
> >> i do have KB928366 installed (1.1 hotfix).  Also, have .NET Framework 2.0
> >> SP2 and 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1.
> >>
> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Bob Millard
>
> .

[Bingo, I had a winner this time!]

YW & thanks for your feedback, Doc.

DrDuck wrote:
> Your fix worked like a champ!  [ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982]
>
> Had to run the .Net Cleanup utility three times before it finished without
> errors, rebooting between each.  Had to remove one entry in 'Add Remove
> Programs' manually.  The three update files ran without error and
> 'Update.ms.com' says that everything is current.
>
> Thanks - couldn't have done it without ya!
> Happy TurkeyDay!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Like a voice crying in the wilderness...]
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
>>> receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982
>>>
>>> =====================
>>>
>>> Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
>>> versions are currently installed:
>>>
>>> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
>>> whether service packs have been applied
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>>>
>>> Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in...
>>>
>>> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0,
>>> 3.0,
>>> or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
>>> Installer error code "1603" (ignore the title, if need be)
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>>>
>>> After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install all .NET
>>> Framework
>>> versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using
>>> the
>>> download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install
>>> security updates for same.
>>>
>>> NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 using the tool, reinstalling
>>> .NET
>>> Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
>>> Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
>>>
>>> IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, reinstall your .NET
>>> Framework versions in the following order:
>>>
>>>    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
>>>    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
>>>    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1
>>>
>>> NB: KB923100 references this page:
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please
>>> read
>>> ALL of it as well as the related page
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
>>> Framework Cleanup Tool.
>>>
>>> Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
>>> updates offered.

>> .

0
PA

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

update column

Meeting updates #2

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

attachment previewers not installed?

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

MS CRM Security 05-26-04
Hi, I have 2 business units: 1. New Business Sales 2. Account Management (management of current customers) I want to use the MS CRM security settings so that users in New Business Sales cannot see any account records for our current customers. This includes if the New Business Sales users select the &#8216;All Accounts&#8217; view. Is this possible with MS CRM? Yes. When you assign access rights to the role, only give them "Business Unit" access, they will only be able to see data within their BU. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ------------------...

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...