WMP sees sync devices differently by user??

I am experienceing unusual behavior with WMP11.  I am running Windows XP-MCE
with SP3, and a Sandisk Sansa c240, all firmware and software up-to-date.  I
have 3 user accounts set up on the machine - 2 administrative and 1 limited.
The Sansa is recognized as an MTP device, and appears as a portable device in
explorer, and device manager under both administrative accounts.  However,
WMP only sees it under one of the administrative accounts (the one I'd prefer
not to use).
- When connected, the WMP instance in questions briefly displays "Sansa c240
detected" in the bottom right status area but the device never appears as
connected or "syncable" and does not appear under the device list in the
"more options".
- I can then switch user, logging in as admin account 2, open WMP, and see
the device in WMP fine, just as I used to be able to do under admin account
1.  All behaves normally - I can sync, disconnect/reconnect etc. If I switch
back to admin account 1 - still no device.

The fact that both accounts report them in explorer and device manager leads
me to think the problem is somewhere in WMP.

This behavior seems odd to me, and I'd really like to be able to only use
the one account - the one I use on a regular basis for all computer
management.  As for the reason I have 2 admin accounts - one is the default
OEM admin account (which I have kept pristine except for the password) and
the other is my personal admin account which I have on all my home network
PC's for ease of credential administration.

Any thoughts about how I might restore things to their original state of
funtion would be greatly appreciated!

Hmmmm that's a tricky one. I've been wondering about some variant of
AutoInsert notification issue which could confuse WMP - but I can't
find anything documented.

ZachD's site http://zachd.com/pss/pss/html#autoplay seems to have
similarities if you consider CD devices, but I can't find a related
entry in the registry for other device types.

The only other setting I could think to try, is to head to Tools ->
More Options -> Devices and click Advanced, then Delete... the
transcoded files cache for the affected account.

Other than that, I've drawn a blank.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:48:01 -0800, VarianWrynn
<VarianWrynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am experienceing unusual behavior with WMP11.  I am running Windows XP-MCE
>with SP3, and a Sandisk Sansa c240, all firmware and software up-to-date.  I
>have 3 user accounts set up on the machine - 2 administrative and 1 limited.
>The Sansa is recognized as an MTP device, and appears as a portable device in
>explorer, and device manager under both administrative accounts.  However,
>WMP only sees it under one of the administrative accounts (the one I'd prefer
>not to use).
>- When connected, the WMP instance in questions briefly displays "Sansa c240
>detected" in the bottom right status area but the device never appears as
>connected or "syncable" and does not appear under the device list in the
>"more options".
>- I can then switch user, logging in as admin account 2, open WMP, and see
>the device in WMP fine, just as I used to be able to do under admin account
>1.  All behaves normally - I can sync, disconnect/reconnect etc. If I switch
>back to admin account 1 - still no device.
>
>The fact that both accounts report them in explorer and device manager leads
>me to think the problem is somewhere in WMP.
>
>This behavior seems odd to me, and I'd really like to be able to only use
>the one account - the one I use on a regular basis for all computer
>management.  As for the reason I have 2 admin accounts - one is the default
>OEM admin account (which I have kept pristine except for the password) and
>the other is my personal admin account which I have on all my home network
>PC's for ease of credential administration.
>
>Any thoughts about how I might restore things to their original state of
>funtion would be greatly appreciated!
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

infratructure for 2500 users CRM
I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM Servers is necesary for 2500 users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

excel differences
I have Excel 2000 at home and have also downloaded the free trial for 2003. At work I am using excel 2002. Being a new user I need to know what the differnces are so as not to create any confusion. sapphria wrote... >I have Excel 2000 at home and have also downloaded the free trial for >2003. > At work I am using excel 2002. Being a new user I need to know what the > differnces are so as not to create any confusion. I have XL 2000 & 2003. They are almost the same. If you are new user, you might not even notice any signficant differences. There are some subtle toolba...

How to get device name?
Hello all: I want to know all the name of devices in my PC, because I want to open them using API CreateFile and test it, how to do?thanks. Hi, what you want do by meanin "test it"? You cant open all devices with the API CreateFile (for several reasons). Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#vVH#JkqKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

user profiles
i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was created and last visited. user profiles wrote: >i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was > created and last visited. Is this on OneNote? Could you pls explain a little bit what you are after? Rainald ...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

see contacts at lower left pane???
in outlook express i used to be able to view contacts in lower left beneath my folders. is this possible in outlook? thx in advance! No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gordo" <Gordo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38D1AB48-BC5E-4BFF-AFE3-D297A25EED14@microsoft.com... > in outlook express i used to be able to view contacts in lower left > beneath > my folders. is this possible in outlook? > > thx in advance! Gordo <Gordo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in outlook express i used to be able to view contacts in lower left...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

How to switch users in Outlook
I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a "switch users" selection but Outlook does not. Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you using? "Dennie" <Dennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C03B0A9-F2C7-4AFD-9300-F138A643346E@microsoft.com... >I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has > Ou...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Monitor sending/receiving per user
We have the need to monitor all incoming and outgoing items for one exchange mailbox. We are running exchange 2003 Standard. I know exchange provides the option to archive all messages on a per mailbox store basis. And exchange 2003 standard only lets you have one mailbox store... So can anyone recommend any 3rd party software, that would allow us to monitor all incoming and outgoing email for a specific user? We need to access the emails, not just the subject line... Thanks IvaSoft Selective Journaling should allow you to journal specific mailboxes. http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml...

CRM Device CAL
I'm trying to find more about enabling users through the CRM device CAL. There are no available information on that matter. Supposably, one CRM device CAL can enable more users to access CRM application from that particular device. So question is how to register particular device for CRM device CAL, and how to assign and recognize (differentiate) users that will access CRM application from it. Bottom line, who will be the owner of CRM entities they create? Device itself, or the users that access through the device. I have this same problem, I can't find any information about th...

Another users account appearing
We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users accessing email through Outlook 2000. We have one user who will sometimes receive another users email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and will have the other account. The account that keeps coming up is the Administrators account. It is always the same account that will come up. We have not been told of any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles on the machine and are running mandatory pr...

How to wireless sync WinMobile 6 with Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to sync WM phone with outlook, calendar, notes and tasks? I don't have an Exchange account, and would prefer not to use google calendar sync. (Running Vista Home Premium) My laptop calendar is always avail to my family and it would be great if the events I add to my phone calendar would automatically sync to the laptop at home. Thanks! Instal Active Sync on your PC http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-synch.mspx "slw7228" <slw7228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF461EB-9CC2-49B5-A933-A94F1A2DB07A@micro...

CRM
Can anyone advise me : 1. fastest quickest way to get quick review of the CRM product from user point of view? Is the online tutorial at $25 per 20 mins worth the cost 2. does the system include screen designs for all the transactions (multi-language?) 3. imagine a customer who uses Outlook for their contact management (ie basic system) - would CRM replace this -ie although it needs to be tailored and built upon, what functions come completed 1. The fastest way to get quick review of Microsoft CRM is to have an on-site demo from a MSCRM consultant. Also you can test drive the software...

Outlook won't accept other users' Hotmail passwords
Hello forum, I'm trying to set up our pc for Outlook 2003. We both use free Hotmail for email. The problem is that we can't access Hotmail via Outlook through any other user identity other than my own. For every other identity I create, I'm continously prompted to enter the password when I try to send/receive. I haven't seen any solutions to this problem posted relating to an http email service such as Hotmail. Please help. Thanks AJS ...

Cannot access user's mailbox
I disabled the active directory account of a user who recently left the company (I'll call her Cammi), after setting up forwarding of all her mail to her replacement (I'll call her Nala). Nala recently requested access to older items in Cammi's mailbox, but after reenabling Cammi's account all my attempts to access her mailbox still failed, whether thru exmerge, OWA, or Outlook. I was called away, and when I came back roughly 30 minutes later, I was able to access her mailbox with no further problems. I have two questions about this: 1) Is there some kind of refresh...

Multiple display names for one user?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42D19.8EED3880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is this possible? We have a few people that I like to call "special" = who seem to have some identity problems. These people have a first = name, middle name and a nick name. Well they don't like the fact that = their email shows up as their legal name, but they still want it there = incase people use it. So what we have ended up doing is creating = multiple logins and email accounts th...

What are the Windows Messages when the user logs in?
Hi, I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are the Windows Messages that will be posted when the user logs in. I had already tried to enumerate the windows messages from my application, but no luck. Is there any unique message that the windows posts to all the applications, when the user logs in. Thanks & Regards, YASH YASH wrote: > Hi, > I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to > do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are th...

Administrator has no rights on New Users, Exchange 2K
Good Afternoon. If I add a new user to AD, mail and everything is created, the user can log in and all is happy, except that the Administrator has NO rights! :( I have tried accessing the new folder by going to the Exchange (M:) directory, but I get kicked off (Access Denied). I cant change the owner or anything in the folder properties. This has only occured recenly, as there are about 5 users with this problem. The other problem is that I cant use Exmerge to back up their mail, as the program doesnt have access rights. Any ideas are appreciated. 404 Exchange 2k SBS SP3 Win 2K SP4 P4 51...