WMP corrupting audio tracks

I have had a long-standing problem with Media Player introducing bursts of
noise or creating short drop-outs in my audio files while playing.  This
seems to happen primarily when I am also performing other tasks on my
computer that require a fair amount of CPU time.  Once this happens to a
file, it is corrupted forever and must be reloaded from CD (or some other
source).  In other words, this is not just a play-back problem.  While WMP is
playing, it can alter the mp3 file.

I have tried every combination of search-terms on many search engines, yet
cannot find articles from anyone else having this problem.  It occurs on
every PC that I use; including a 2000 vintage Dell desk-top (XP), 2008
vintage (XP) and laptop at work (XP).  If I were playing music for two or
three hours in an afternoon, I might end up with three or four additional
files corrupted.  I have resorted to keeping a list of corrupted files so
that I can periodically reload from CD when it gets so bad that I cannot
stand it anymore.

Any thoughts as to what is happening?

A very weird problem indeed.
WMP simply has nothing inside to edit the file  except the tags, not the
audio part.
High system load might cause drop outs but are not supposed to alter the
audio file.
Maybe volume levelling? Use a editor like MP3Tag to check ReplayGain?
A simple test would be to set the audio files to read only and check if this
cures the problem

--

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com

"mlb freestyle" wrote:

> I have had a long-standing problem with Media Player introducing bursts of
> noise or creating short drop-outs in my audio files while playing.  This
> seems to happen primarily when I am also performing other tasks on my
> computer that require a fair amount of CPU time.  Once this happens to a
> file, it is corrupted forever and must be reloaded from CD (or some other
> source).  In other words, this is not just a play-back problem.  While WMP is
> playing, it can alter the mp3 file.
>
> I have tried every combination of search-terms on many search engines, yet
> cannot find articles from anyone else having this problem.  It occurs on
> every PC that I use; including a 2000 vintage Dell desk-top (XP), 2008
> vintage (XP) and laptop at work (XP).  If I were playing music for two or
> three hours in an afternoon, I might end up with three or four additional
> files corrupted.  I have resorted to keeping a list of corrupted files so
> that I can periodically reload from CD when it gets so bad that I cannot
> stand it anymore.
>
> Any thoughts as to what is happening?
Try to set the mp3 files to read only once and for all.
Hope this simple solution works.
Good Luck!
--
Vanshaj Daga
vanshajdaga2002net@hotmail.com

"mlb freestyle" wrote:

> I have had a long-standing problem with Media Player introducing bursts of
> noise or creating short drop-outs in my audio files while playing.  This
> seems to happen primarily when I am also performing other tasks on my
> computer that require a fair amount of CPU time.  Once this happens to a
> file, it is corrupted forever and must be reloaded from CD (or some other
> source).  In other words, this is not just a play-back problem.  While WMP is
> playing, it can alter the mp3 file.
>
> I have tried every combination of search-terms on many search engines, yet
> cannot find articles from anyone else having this problem.  It occurs on
> every PC that I use; including a 2000 vintage Dell desk-top (XP), 2008
> vintage (XP) and laptop at work (XP).  If I were playing music for two or
> three hours in an afternoon, I might end up with three or four additional
> files corrupted.  I have resorted to keeping a list of corrupted files so
> that I can periodically reload from CD when it gets so bad that I cannot
> stand it anymore.
>
> Any thoughts as to what is happening?

Tracking Email in CRM 07-07-06
Im getting error messages on user pc's when they try and select Track in CRM for email. The error is "error has occured" Thats it. I was told to search the updates and hotfixes page but it isnt listed unless im being thick! If anyone knows the hotfix number then i can go straight to MS with it Can anyone help as this now is really ticking me off...... ...

Burned cds won't play all tracks
(I use two software programs for burning cds, and I'm not having this problem with every cd I burn, otherwise I would think I just need a new burner.) I don't get any error messages. When I play the cd, the player--I've tried players at home, in the car, and at the office--shows the cd has 12 tracks and is 64 minutes and 32 seconds long, but only the first track plays. I'm using Windows Media Player Version 11.0.5721.5268 on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. Do burners do that when they need to be replaced? The other program I use is Sony CD Architec...

corrupt database or corrupt database element
having a problem with exchange server 2003 on win server 2003. Veritas backup exec is reporting a corrupt database or corrupt database element when it is trying to backup a particular persons email box. The offending email it mentions is in the INBOX and has a subject of (about 20 box (ascii char)) re: outlook 10 I dont believe that the database is actually corrupt but i do believe that this email is some sort of spam/garbage email that now is lodged in the inbox. Through outlook or the OWA you can not find/see this particular message. Is there a way to get into the individual's email...

Unable to remove or add files to WMP on Windows 7 x64
Hi, Recently, I have found that I am unable to add or remove video files to or from Windows Media Player on Windows 7 Professional x64. The main issue I have is with adding new .MP4 files. I can still add and remove music files to and from Windows Media Player. I have set up all my folder permissions correctly. I have added all the relevant files to my Videos Library. Windows Media Player can still play .MP4 files. It is the default player for this format. My full system specs. are included below. Thank you. -- BadHead :) -- OS: Windows 7 Professional (6...

Tracking & updating Multiple Credit Cards from the same bank
I know this issue is covered within this discussion group. I have tried the suggestions presented without success. So, I'd like to vent my frustrations with MS Money 2006 Deluxe and beg for mercy. Help! Between my wife and I, we have 4 credit card accounts with one bank. Capital One. I am able to successfully set up 2 of the 4 accounts in MS Money 2006 Deluxe. On one occasion, I set up 3 successfully. When I attempted to set up the 4th credit card account from the same bank, MS Money 2006 Deluxe modified the 3rd credit card account settings with data I was entering for the ...

multiples * in message tracking log file Exchange 2003 Server
Dear All, When i track message and click for details it shows me error message " The object ****************************** in the message tracking logs can't be found in the directory.The object may be deleted. The tracking history may be incorrect. Any similar expirience or idea what could be a problem? Regards Goran Kubelka <GoranKubelka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i track message and click for details it shows me error message >" The object ****************************** in the message tracking logs >can't be found in the directory.The obj...

Outlook Client
In CRM V4 is there anyway to stop a Outlook user from Tracking Contacts in CRM? Ideally the 'Track In CRM' button would be disabled, but if that is not possible is there another way. Can you detect from a PreCreate Contact Plugin that the contact was created from Outlook and abort the creation? We can't deny them security access as they must be able to create contacts through the web client. TJ Hi TJ, Have you tried, in outlook, going to CRM/ options/ synchronization tab / and unchecking the contacts box? Jarrett Coleman Dynamics Four ...

Corrupt Matrix Wizard?
Hi I am having a problem with the HQ New Item Wizard, specifically creating matrix items. Recently it has gone completely crazy, when a matrix is made, for example matrix name Testmatrix with items Test1 Test2 and Test3, once the matrix is complete I look at Testmatrix and the items associated with this matrix are old completely unrelated items - NOT Test1 Test2 and Test3. And when I look at the specific items Test1 2 and 3 in the items list then say Standard no Matrix items. Why are these wires getting crossed and how is this resolved? Enter: Testmatrix with 3 items Test1, Test2 an...

Corruption on 2002 / 2000 database showing "blank" objects
Database created in Office XP, used by clients with Office 2000 (database is saved as 2000 format). warning: it's a multi-user environment -- including replication. After few days of usage, the database loses some of the macros and seems to display several empty or blank objects that did not exist previously. Once clicked on receive "object does not exist error". This also appears sometimes in the Reports area, too. Any thoughts? Although Office XP can/does use Access2000 format files, there seems to be a difference depending on which Access it is run under, and that is...

Tracking previous positions for a contact
Hoping you can assist: What is the best way to track previous positions for a contact? These could be positions within the current company, or any other company? We want to be able to see or have access to this information when we open the contact form, and also to be able to search on this data if possible. Many Thanks Cathy ...

Web video play issue
This is my computer config; Intel Calpella CPU(i7-620M), Win7 HP 32b, 4GB DDR3, IE8.0.... When I palying some video file on the web, sometiems the audio and video stop shortly or hang the video and make audio noise. Don't you see like this issue? Thanks, Hi BL, Yes, sometimes.... usually when I have exceeded my download limits with my ISP and they throttle back my connection speed, or during peek times when I am watching something that is popular. There is only so much water you can fit in a pipe. You can adjust your Flash buffering by right clicking on some players ...

Handling tracking with replies
Scenario Client contacts us about one thing its recorded in CRM and given a ref number. Email exchange ensues and that issue is resolved. Then client 'replies' to an email from the first exchange that has a CRM ref in subject, to start a new issue. when this is recieved CRM connects it to the previous issue and as the email is 'closed' you cannot change anything to start a new issue. Anyone got a suggestion on how to handle this? Remembering the client is always right even if they do something such as this! TIA Antony There really is not a technical way of handling this. It r...

Access 2007 Corrupt VB Project
Hi Everyone, When I tried to open an Access 2007 database I had been working on, I got a message saying that the database couldn't be opened because the Visual Basic project in the database was corrupt. It gave me the option to press "OK" and lose all the VB modules in the database, or press "cancel", get out of Access, and make a backup of the database. I did this, then tried to reopen the original database. I got the same message about corruption. This time I pressed "OK", and sure enough, all the VB code was gone. I found a KB article on the MSDN site ...

corrupted Money 4.0 file
Unexpected crashing of Money 4.0 has corrupted existing file and it will not reopen. Existing (intrinsic)repair utility fails ('error signature' message) as does latest salvage.exe operation ('no broken record' message) Program uninstalled and reinstalled and runs old backup files correctly but not recent ones (attempts to repair all of these - unsuccessfully) Most recent good backup 3 months old - lots of data to re- enter if I cannot fix corrupted file(s) Any other utilities available? Could later versions open (repair) a 4.0 file if it is unhealthy ? Grateful for a...

Excel8.olb corrupt with no admin permissions #2
I've been struggling with an odd issue here for several days. Situation is as follows: As per company directive, all users are required to members of the local Users group on their NT or in2K workstations, and to not be members of the Power Users or Administrators groups. With one particular user, if he does not have admin rights on his machine, he gets an error when opening Excel about excel8.olb or excel9.ob (depending on the version of office) being missing and corrupt (and I have to kill the application, as the error pops up constantly). If he's a member of the Administrators grou...

RTCClient Audio Out device problem
Hi, I need some help understanding how the RTC stiff works in WinCE R2. When you call Accept() on an incomming RTC session, how does the waveout audio device get initialized? I have a ringing loop much like the CE demo but during the ring loop delay, if the Accept() routine is called I get no audio. However, if I signal the thread termination while the audio is playing or immediatly after it finished, I get session audio. This is pretty consistent. After the ring has played and before the delat timeout expires, if I call accept() no audio. I moved the thread termination code to...

How to Add a Sub Form to track Expenses
I have a need to add a sub form to track expenses into a form that is for work orders. I need to track expenses by the following criteria: -Whether it is labor or parts & give me a total expense for each -Who is to be reimbursed for it (Repair Center, Technician, Manufacturer, Wholesaler, etc.) -What the total expenses are for the call -A way to notate individual actions on each line item in the expense subform (charged to credit card, entered in accounting, sent check, etc.) I'm pretty sure I know how to add a subform, I just don't know how to setup the subform with all the crite...

Incoming emails not tracked for particular email addresses
We have CRM 3.0 installed with Exchange router running correctly. Email tests inbound and outbound are being tracked using the token apart from contacts using mail.com for email. When a mail comes in from a mail.com address, there is an exchange router error in the application that displays the message had a valid tracking token prefix but followed by an unrecognized id. We are concerned that this might happen for other email addresses. Has anyone else come across this? Hi Andrew, I am seeing that message when an inbound email comes from one of our clients who ave attached their own MS...

Corruption in access 2003 form
I have a form that will not open in normal or design mode and there are 2 Form_~TMPCLP######## objects in my VBA Project window, and there are 2 Objects with the same name in the MsysObjects table of type 32678 which means they are forms. I expect that if I am able to delete these I might be able to salvage my form. However, Nothing I have tried allows me to delete anything from MsysObjects. OH there is one other issue, Not able to run any code from the data base with that form in it. I get a message that the module can't be found... Nothign specific. So I have been ...

Change tracking and printing
I'm trying to print off a document on which the original owner had enabled change tracking. Is there a way to remove the footer so that it won't print the revision information? In the Print dialog, choose something other than "Document with markup" in the "Print what?" dropdown. If you want the tracked changes to go away, then click Accept All Changes. If you want to stop tracking changes, then press Ctrl-Shift- E. On Feb 11, 10:43=A0pm, ejvogie <ejvo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to print off a document on which the...

Can't Track contacts in an Outlook Public Folder
Our current company contacts are in a public folder called company contacts When we try to track these contacts in CRM we get the following message “Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook Store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM” If I track a contact in my local Outlook contacts, this appears in CRM However, the contact then appears twice in my local contacts list If I delete the contacts they stay in CRM but no are no longer in Outlook The reason we have our company contacts in a public folder is to ensure that everyone is referencing one source so that any new contacts and update...

Non-microsoft tracking
Can the Journal track items from files from AutoCAD (DWG files)? -- Bill DeShawn bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bill DeShawn asked: | Can the Journal track items from files from AutoCAD (DWG files)? ...

FedEx Tracking Number Appear in SQL but no GP
Hello Microsoft, We're using both UPS and FedEx shipping apps, and both feed data to SOP 10107. The UPS numbers appear in the Sales User Defined Entry window, but the FedEx numbers do not. Is there a problem with using both methods? There are multiple line in the Tracking Numbers window, so I cannot see how this wouldn't work. Thanks Tom Harrison IT Manager ELK Lighting, Inc No, there is no problem from the GP side. I have integrated fedex. DHL/Airborne and UPS into GP without a problem Check the integration/data mapping from the Fedex app. HS -- www.DynExtra.com A resour...

Corrupt MSMoney File
I am using MSMoney 2004. When I try and open my money file, I get the error that my file is corrupt or not an MSMoney data file. I then try and open my backup file and get a similar message. I have tried all the steps in both Microsoft knowledgebase articles using the repair and restore and salv.exe tools. I also searched for other mny and mbf and *.m* files on all my drives to no avail. I even used recovery software to try and find deleted files to recover and use but they found none. I spoke with Microsoft support who confirmed my files are corrupt and ten lectured me on backups and having ...

Exchange 2003 Tracking Center
Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the message tracking center they pull up but the subject line is left blank on all searches done. Do I have something miss configured that is causing the subject lines to be left blank? Thanks blusporttrac you have to enable "subject logging and display"...I do not believe it is enable by default... <blusporttrac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117119115.669602.209960@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the > message tracking center they pull up...