WMP 9.0 Core dowload

I have WMP 9.0 in XP.  When I visit a particular web site (one that I trust),
I get a pop-up on every page where a video/music is played.  The pop-up says
that Windows Media Player Core should be downloaded and installed.  There is
no reference to the version of WMP.

What is WMP Core?  Is this pertinent to XP SP2?  What does it do and are
there any side-effects?  The only reference I found on Microsoft was to WMP
10 and 11.

Thank you for any info.

What's the exact text of the message?  It sounds bogus to me.

There is no Windows Media Player Core, really.

--
Speaking for myself only.

On 5/11/2010 10:19 AM, Hickory wrote:
> I have WMP 9.0 in XP.  When I visit a particular web site (one that I trust),
> I get a pop-up on every page where a video/music is played.  The pop-up says
> that Windows Media Player Core should be downloaded and installed.  There is
> no reference to the version of WMP.
>
> What is WMP Core?  Is this pertinent to XP SP2?  What does it do and are
> there any side-effects?  The only reference I found on Microsoft was to WMP
> 10 and 11.
>
> Thank you for any info.
0
zachd

SQL setup RMS 2.0
I am setting up a new system with 3 registers (Win XP SP2), two back office computers (Win XP SP2 and SQL 2005 Express), and Windows SBS 2003 with SQL Server 2005 Professional. The problem: Can't get the back office workstations to connect to the SQL Server. I installed RMS on the server, it connects to SQL and run perfectly. When I try from the workstation using RMS Admin, I get a time out error. I did everything in KB932078 without success. Must be something very minor with major consequences that I've missed. Can anyone help? Thanks Rich -firewall -sql surface area co...

#DIV/0! hiding
how can i make a #DIV/0! message either hide, or appear as a 0.00 or something else that would look better in a spreadsheet? ...

Change event missing from Forms 2.0 combo box.
I'm doing a project in Access 2000 using forms and MS Forms 2.0 combo boxes. I'm not using the native Access combo box because it lacks an Add Item method and is therefor very difficult to populate. I want to do something when the user makes a selection in the combo box so I need to respond to the Change event. The object browser shows a number of events including Click and Change available for the combo box. However, these events do not appear in property list of the combo box so I cannot get to them. I have confirmed that I'm using the Forms 2.0 combo box and not the native o...

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

Dynamics GP 9.0
When you install Dynamics GP 9.0 from the CD, in the Insallation Type window you will see Server Option or Client Option. The first option should technically say "Server & Client", not just Server. Needless to say, when you Install Server, it installs Client as well. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Downgrade RMA 2.0 database to 1.3?
Is there anyway to do this? NO. Can go up but not back unless you have backup from before the upgrade ...

CRM 3.0 installation failed on reporting services installation last step
CRM 3.0 installation failed again at last step of installing reporting services. it only says unexpected error occured and error code is 25616. is there a recommended way of CRm 3.0 install? i meant to say that is it preffered to install reporting service seperatly ??? now what i should do with the installation? should i need to prepare the machine again for re-installation? this installation is not helpful as it did not tell any detail error and it says every thing ok on Pre req verification. One further thing i encountered after 25616 error that it displayed me a Message to Retry Abort or ...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...

Bug report � CRM 3.0 IE client crashes when you do the following:
Start up CRM from IE, click on accounts, click on more actions, then with the drop menu displayed, click anywhere outside of the drop down menu. This causes an IE crash consistently on both IE6 and IE7. This happens other places in CRM with drop down menus. Basically, if you open a drop down menu, you better click something in it or IE will crash. Anyone have any ideas what can be done to fix this. This happens on both our development CRM box and the live server. (Completely isolated installs). You probably have patch 918899 installed. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923762 for how to ...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

performance of system.xml vs msxml4.0
I have an xsl file to generate xml in to an html file. The size of the xsl is 300kb and size of the xml is 47 kb (the size of xml is variable). I am using VB.net to convert the xml file into an html file. The vb.net module peforms following task: load the xml file in XMLDocument object ( I can't use XpathDocument object) load the xsl file in XSLTransform object perform the transformation. When I was using VB6 with Msxml 4.0 parser, I was getting good performance results. The transformation was completed in an average time of 40-50 milli second. When the same trasformation was perf...

asp.net page with framework 2.0 andajax
I initially made an ASP.NET page and after I added AJAX code by entering the page is the initial declaration <% @ Register Assembly = "System.Web.Extensions, Version = 1.0.61025.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 " Namespace = "System.Web.UI" TagPrefix = "asp"%> then I have write the ScriptManager in this page. In the web.config page i have write the tag <add assembly = "System.Web.Extensions, Version = 1.0.61025.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 "/></ assemblies>. Now w...

Apply format to >0 cells
Hi All I have a code below that formats cells - but it formats all cells in the row & I need it to only format cells >0 in the row. I tried a few things and got errors .... How do I incorporate the additional If Then Else into this code? Sub Decorate() Dim rngB As Range Dim rngTemp As Range Set rngB = Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange.Columns("A:S") For R = 1 To rngB.Rows.Count If Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(R, 1).Value = Range("A3") Then Set rngTemp = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(R, 1).Range("C1:S1") '''' If rn...

Case Resolution & Total Time in CRM3.0
I have noticed that the Total Time displayed when Resolving a Case is not accurate in that it only seems to show time spent on email activities. I have one case where an 8hr appointment shows up in the History but this is not being included in Total Time. Any ideas ? Ian ...

copying formulas #9
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every 4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6, n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row, anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I correct this? One way =OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$6,,COLUMN(A:A)*4-4) copy across Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Tracey" wrote: > I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every > 4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6, > n6). Wh...

Extracting invoice data from GP 9 using a SQL query (ODBC)
I'm working to extract invoice detail information from a client's GP 9 MSSQL database, with the goal of being able to mock up their invoices in external systems. Just to keep things interesting, they aren't using GP to it's maximum ability - quotes are generated from another software package, and when converted to a sale, minimal data is entered into GP and processed (such as shipping address, job name, job number, PO number, and occasionally a line it of what appears to be free-form text. I have hard copies of several invoices, various web resources, and access to t...

MS CRM 3.0 and SBS Server
what is the supports SBS Server edition for MS CRM 3.0? is it Premium or Standard? CRM Small Business Edition -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Benjie Fallar III" <bfallar@wizardsgroup.com> wrote in message news:eYlvm9CPGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > what is the supports SBS Server edition for MS CRM 3.0? is it Premium or > Standard? > Premium. You need SQL Server, which only comes with Premium. "Benjie Fallar III" <bfallar@wizardsgroup.com> wrote in message ...

How to generate MS Word documents (CRM3.0)
�ste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C8A624.D4495BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: =20 We need Dynamics CRM generates MS Word documents merging CRM data and = static Word templates. As far as we know, there isn't a simple way to = have this functionality in place, so there are some third parties = selling such type of add-on. =20 Do you know any good product (and cheap) being capable to perform a mail = merge and generating Word documents? Note: Documents we need ...

CRM 4.0 E-mail Router poll frequency
Hi, How often will the E-Mail router access the Exchange mailboxes being monitored? I waited for 15 minutes with 3 new message hanging in the inbox. I restarted the service and they all came in. The performance counter "Incoming mailbox access attempts" didn't move for the 15 minutes i waited. After a restart -- furious activity for a few seconds. No errors/warnings were logged to the event log. Can this be controlled somewhere? Thanks, Manso I have almost the same problem there can go up to 1 hour before the email is going trough the system. If you found a solution pl...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Excel Report Data Refresh
We recently rolled out a new PC for a user and now when they try to refresh various CRM based Excel reports the data connection cannot be established. Is there an additional installation from CRM for this automatic update to work on the new PC? ...

Upgrade From Ctree GP7.0 to SQL2005 GP10
Hi, Good day. I'm have a customer who currently using GP7.0 with Ctree. What I found from the web is they suggest to upgrade Gp7.0 with Ctree with migration tool provided from GP, however, I can't find this tool. I really need this in order to upgrade for my customer, can anyone please tell me where can I get this? Beside using migration tool, do you guys know is there any other way I can do the upgration? What are the steps? Any comment and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. :) Thaiken, If I remember correctly, you will need to take your customer from eEnterprise 7.0 to Gr...

Services-Core
Hello! Can somebody tell me, then is needed to use Services Core Maybe in an example. http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/200510215808_FRAGE_Core_Services.png Thanks a lot in advance. Michaela "Michaela Brauner" <m_B@MNEWS.de> wrote in message news:uMrYlbF%23KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can somebody tell me, then is needed to use > > Services > Core > > Maybe in an example. > http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/200510215808_FRAGE_Core_Services.png Are you asking about the specific items tha...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Attachments #9
I have recently purchased several new systems running XP Professional and have found that now emails containing .exe attachments are being blocked because potential virus problems. My company sends programs to end users all the time how can I avoid this problem? >-----Original Message----- >I have recently purchased several new systems running XP >Professional and have found that now emails >containing .exe attachments are being blocked because >potential virus problems. My company sends programs to >end users all the time how can I avoid this problem? > >....

Hosting CRM 3.0 (shared)
Www.alfapeople.com have successfully created a shared hosted solution of CRM 3.0. It is possible to make customization of the different objects in each BU which makes it really flexible. The English website will be up soon but you can contact info@alfapeople.com if you want to try it out. ...