WMP 11 Won't update Album info

Hey Group,

Bought 2 new CD and now WMP11 won't extract album info.  I use "Find Info"
and it locates the right info...I click ok.  But nothing gets updated.  I try
using "Update info" but not pop up no nothing.

Album stays as "Unknown.  Tried the same CD on my Windows7 PC and it
extracts info fine.

Any thoughts/suggestions?  It's not an internet connection thing but don't
know what tolook for in WMP11 that would make this stop working.

Thanks for the help from the group,
David

"David" wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> Bought 2 new CD and now WMP11 won't extract album info.  I use "Find Info"
> and it locates the right info...I click ok.  But nothing gets updated.  I try
> using "Update info" but not pop up no nothing.
>
> Album stays as "Unknown.  Tried the same CD on my Windows7 PC and it
> extracts info fine.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions?  It's not an internet connection thing but don't
> know what tolook for in WMP11 that would make this stop working.
>
> Thanks for the help from the group,
> David
Hi!  Have you tried editing the Album name/Artist name manually?  I think
you can change them by hovering the cursor, then right-clicking the desired
label.    Also,  there is an option on the LIBRARY pull-down menu,  that says
"Apply media information changes";  I tried those steps, and it seemed to
help me.  I also had mucho problems getting the WMP to recognize the album
info on some obscure albums.
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:26:01 -0700, Robert Lobo <Robert
Lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Also,  there is an option on the LIBRARY pull-down menu,  that says
>"Apply media information changes"

For me, the silver bullet was in "More  Options..." under the Library
tab. Under "Library" there is a radio button "Only add missing
information".

Put another way: "You can go and find any information you like, just
don't mess with the stuff that I set myself"

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

On 1/07/2010 1:05, B. Gaerlan wrote:
>ive got a problem using the "Apply media information changes" never updates just says server busy 'retrying' always... not a biggie, but frustrating not connecting and updating....   tnx, bgg

Are you sure that this is Apply media information changes? (I've never
seen it saying something like "server busy")

When exactly does it come up? What do you mean with "connecting and
updating"?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> On 1/07/2010 1:05, B. Gaerlan wrote:
> >ive got a problem using the "Apply media information changes" never updates just says server busy 'retrying' always... not a biggie, but frustrating not connecting and updating....   tnx, bgg
>
> Are you sure that this is Apply media information changes? (I've never
> seen it saying something like "server busy")
>
> When exactly does it come up? What do you mean with "connecting and
> updating"?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
> .
> going to>Tools>"Apply Media Information Changes" it shows a progress bar .."retrieving media information and updating files" after a min i get "Server busy, retrying" and the progress bar never starts

I.ve ck'd my firewall and antivirus to allow exceptions for this program
'Win Media Player 11".  Still no joy using this Tool, same results as above.
Tnx, bgg.

Money 2006 Fails to Update
When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer." It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete. Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays at 1%. I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be. Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the updates? In microsoft.public.money, hurrican...

Updating treeview control in form
I have an Access 2007 form that has a treeview ActiveX control that lists the dates and names of scheduled events. I have a popup form to edit and or delete an event. On the popup form there is a command button for saving any edits and a command button to delete a selected event. In both cases I need code to refresh the event list displayed in the treeview control of the event form after closing the popup form. I keep playing with refresh and requery methods but can't seem to figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Ken ...

Arcserve 11.5 failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103
We use ArcServe 11.5 to do a document level backup of our Exchange 2003 mailboxes. When the application ran for the first time last night on the production server, after testing on a test server, the notification I recieved was that the backup job was incomplete. It failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103. How can I determine which mailboxes were not backed up and more importantly, why they were not backed up. I am not sure if this is an Exchange 2003 issue or an ArcServe issue. My inclination is that it is an Exchange 2003 issue because it did successfully back up the other 1...

Update KB973904 keeps getting cancelled
Yesterday I noticed disk activity on my PC and guessed that it was applying updates. After it quieted down I logged onto my Administrator account to check (I like to see what's been updated), and sure enough there had been updates. But what was listed (after going to Microsoft Update Home and clicking "Review your update history") was four successful updates and then one, KB973904, with a grey circle in the Status column, meaning Cancelled. This I haven't seen before! There were also several High Priority updates which hadn't been applied, and I noticed the l...

Autochk not found
Hey yesterday I installed Linux ubuntu, on my computer. It works fine. When i try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Try to explain how i can fix this. :) -- Simooon19 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simooon19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159277.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1276598.htm http://forums.techarena.in Contact the people who wrote your b...

Fixed Asset Import
I am trying to import Fixed Asset records using Integration Manager 10.0 and I am running into the following error message: Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I would like to be able to update. Does anyone know how I can change this to allow for insert and update functionality? Unfortunately the eConnect Requester setup tool does not have that table as an option to update. Thanks, Craig Craig: I don't use integration manager so I apologize if this is diffferent but I do use ...

Can't Use Microsoft Update
When I check for updates with Office Access it doesn't send me to the office web site and it doesn't trigger Windows Update. I suggests I install Microsoft Update. But, of course, I get the following error number: Error number: 0x80070002 I am told: "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the " I try later on and the same thing. No I didn't try all the options. So there is a controversy among Microsoft products as to which update service to use? Should I us...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I ...

SumProduct 12-11-09
I am trying to creat a roll up sheet. on my data sheet I have multiple columns of data. F K L R 51160 2 6 3 51160 1 4 1 51162 0 5 2 51162 1 0 3 I am trying to create a formula that will search column F for matching numbers and then add all cooresponding data in column K, L, and R. So cell A1 of my roll up sheet for "51160" will show the total of 17... Any ideas? Thanks Try =SUM(SUMIF(F1:F10,51160,INDIRECT({"K1:K10","L1:L10","R1:R10"}))) -- Jacob "HeatherMichelle" wrote: >...

Money 2005 Premium won't update accounts
When I tried updating accounts this morning, Money could not do it. I would get an error message to try again later or to disable then setup the online account updates for the accounts in question. Waiting 18 hours has not helped and neither has trying to setup the online account updates for those account again either. Could this have something to do with the release of M06? I notice that the support page for Money "cannot be found" as well. I've tried creating a brand new money file and I still cannot update any of my accounts that I used to be able to update automatical...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES / BUG
Hi all, Take 2 at this post as I mashed the keyboard on my last attempt and posted it half the way through! :) Wondering if anyone knows any timeline on Update Rollup 1. I have a few bugs in which when followed up with MS they have simply explained that it is a known issue and they will be realeasing an Update Rollup to address the bugs, mine included. They cannot provide a timeline and I have clients crucifying me over it. Some of the bugs have workarounds, but for sites with a lot of users OR for our hosted clients which are generally remote users that are geographically all over the p...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

How do I create an 11 X 17 document in Word?
I am trying to create an 11X17" document in Word and I get a message that my margins don't fit. When I go to print preview about 1/3 of the document isn't showing. The same thing happens in Publisher. What am I doing wrong? I'll bet your printer can't handle an 11 x 17 sheet of paper. You need drivers for one that does. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A vexed teacher" <A vexed teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E978CF3-208B-4174-B83A-A2469D5241CE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an 11X17" document ...

Delay on update the mailbox size, OWA event slower on update?
Hi...there is a single win2k3 domain and single Ex2k3 environment, a user reported his mailbox is run out of size, we increated the size a lot. But we wait for another hour, it is still complaining not enough space to send message. Check the System Manager again, the size is way under the limit. How to force the system to update the mailbox size right away when it is increased? Would OWA take longer to update the size? how to force OWA to update as well? Thanks, fshguo. I don't think OWA would be any different. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];327378...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

Interactive Voice Response
Interactive Voice Response - IVR Info (May 2006), Introduction, Applications, Solutions, how IVR works, IVR Solutions, Examples, IVR Software Informations http://ivr-info.atspace.com ...

update a link to a CSV
How can I refresh a link to a CSV file without re-loading the CSV? It may vary somewhat depending on what version of Excel and how the 'link' was actually created, but if it is an OLE link you should be able to go to Edit>Links and use the features of the dialog box. If 'Links' is dimmed in the Edit Menu, then you don't actually have a link. In that case, go to Data>Refresh or View>Toolbars & select the External Data toolbar (if it isn't already displayed). Use the red ! To refresh the data. Should neither options work out, post back with more info. HTH...

Timesheet task updates and notifications not coming through
We are using MSP Server 2007 with Timesheets and have installed a third-party Single Tied Mode. We have one resource that task updates and email notifications of the updates are not being sent throught to PMs when saved. However, the timesheet can be submitted, apporved, and reviewed - but no task updates come through to the task approval page. Another issue is that the timesheet errors when the resource updates the remaining work field - timesheet fails in the queue. We have verified the resources' security and authentication settings. This occurs on any PC the resoruce ...

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel 2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking them. On Apr 21, 2:06=A0pm, June <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Ex= cel > 2003. =A0Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without br= eaking > them. After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls" with ".xlms" Hope this helps, Chris M. It's not clear what you'v...

Account Update Problems
I'm unable to update any accounts through Microsoft Money. I was able to set up my Fifth Third accounts when I first started the program, but cannot update the accounts nor add a Sam's Club account. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, clippertonenet wrote: >I'm unable to update any accounts through Microsoft Money. I was able to set >up my Fifth Third accounts when I first started the program, but cannot >update the accounts nor add a Sam's Club account. Any suggestions? This assumes you are using Money 2007 or Money Plus. You did not say. Fifth Thi...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

Updating an excel chart on a webpage
using Frontpage2003.. Website is www.applestats.com There are numerous charts in this website. Right now, I just create the chart using the chart wizard in Excel and I copy and paste the chart into Frontpage 2003 and publish it using http. As the data grown in the spreadsheewts, I use to updating function to update the chart and re-copy it to FP 2003 to republish. There has to be a simpler wasy. I would like to put the spreadsheets in a folder in the webfile, and as I update the numbers, have the charts on the web pages update with the new data. Is this possible? I do not know scrip...

Vista 64 Critical Updates Without Internet Connection?
I bought a refurbished computer for a customer and we're having problems detecting a Netgear WN111v2 USB wireless adapter. The first thing I think is update Vista 64 Business but there's no Internet connection on the machine. Is there a way to get all of the Vista 64 critical (and related) updates downloaded to my local dev machine then burned to a disk I can then install manually? I'm paging through the test.catalog.update.microsoft.com website at the moment but haven't done this before so confirmation may help me out. Hillbilly wrote: > I bought a refurbi...

Extracting Names & Info from an Outlook distribtuion list to Excel
I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file. Can this be done - and if so, how??? Thanks! Cynthia No. The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Cynthia in Seattle" <Cynthia in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6DBB5A6-FC5E-49D0-A0BF-0E311DFB2835@microsoft.com... > I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list > (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file. Can this be done - > and...

Updating Accounts via MSN/Yodlee
Hello - I have two credit card accounts with institutions that do not support direct downloads themselves, but work through the MSN/Yodlee servers (CapitalOne & Bank of America). I have noticed that if I leave Microsoft Money running for a while, and do an "Update Now", these two accounts typically generate an "Update Unsuccessful" message. However, if go to moneycentral.msn.com, choose the "My Money" tab, and sign in immediately before the update, it typically works! Perhaps it has something to do with my Passport/Live ID credentials expiring and n...