WMP 11 - No CD Information

I'm using two computers, side-by-side. Both with WMP 11 and both running
WinXP-SP3. On one, when I put in a CD, WMP gets all the album
information automatically (title, tracks, artist). But with the other it
shows 'Unknown Album' and I'm not able the download the info. I've
checked the options on both and don't see any differences that would be
causing this. Any ideas or suggestions?

--
woch2331
woch2331's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/186955.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
woch2331

Logs not erased when backing up information stores
Months ago, I restructured my mail server, I moved certain information stores from 1 storage group to another and deleted some information stores and a storage group that are no longer needed. I scheduled a daily backup of all my information stores but I noticed today that the logs continue to pile up even with the scheduled backups. What should I do? I'm running out of space now. What types of backups are you running each day? The type of backups that purge log files are a Normal and Incremental backup. If you are doing a copy or differential backup the log files are not purged. ...

Sending Emails 11-09-04
What happens if you send an email within the Sales for Outlook Client using the CRM Toolbar buttons while on the internet but not Online with the Web Client interface? For instance: You take your laptop home, connect to the internet there, open SOC, send an email using the CRM Toolbar E-mail button. I know the message gets sent but where does the sent message get recorded? From what I have read it will not be recorded in the Sent Items folder in Outlook. If someone was to reply to an email sent this way, do you receive it in the CRMSOC environment or through Outlook? What happens w...

test 06-11-10
Just moved over to this usenet server from MS and am checking to see if it accepts posts --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- "bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message news:huucn2$15ai$1@adenine.netfront.net... > Just moved over to this usenet server from MS and am checking to see if it > accepts posts Nope, try again. :oD ...

FS: 11 Books for $50 CHEAP
I am selling these books in a lot. I am not selling them individually. Total Number of books: 11 Total List Price Value: $476.98 Total Asking price: $50 Location: Houston, TX USA, but willing to ship via Media Mail. I take Paypal. Most of the books are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. A small minority may have some shelfwear. There may be remainder marks. One book has a tear on the binding cover, but the binding is as tight as a drum. There is no highlighting or writing in any of the books. Please include the subject heading so that I will know which books your are interested in as I ...

Published Free & Busy Information inconsistent
Envirnonmet=Windows 2000 SP4, E2K SP3+Sept 2003 rolled up hotfix, Outlook 2000 SR1 clients. I have recently deployed a group policy to force OL clients to publish 12 months of Free&Busy data to our organization, all this seems fine and all 4000 clients have the setting set to 12 months and update every 15 minutes, we have 7 servers and replicate the public folder to all servers. The data that is visible in the client meeting request window pane is very inconsistent with very few actuall displaying the 12 mths, some have upto 6 mths and some only 2, i have observed that this varies at times...

backing up to cd-rw
I have money 2002, and I don't seem to be able to backup to a cd-rw. It only appears to offer me the option of backing up to the hard drive, the floppy drive, or removable drive "F". Can anyone suggest a solution? Money doesn't support this option. Copy your .mny file to the cd-rw using the operating system. You might be able to redirect the *hard drive* backup (under Tools>Options>Backup) to the cd-rw drive, but don't rely on it. >-----Original Message----- >I have money 2002, and I don't seem to be able to backup >to a cd-rw. It only appears...

CD Key problems with FrontPage
I am trying to install FrontPage 2003. For some reason, my cd key is not working. What should I do? I have even looked on sites that offer keys but they dont work. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200712/1 This Newsgroup addresses issues with Microsoft Office Publisher. "vista2 via OfficeKB.com" <u32050@uwe> wrote in message news:7d5f22c87a5bc@uwe... >I am trying to install FrontPage 2003. For some reason, my cd key is not > working. What should I do? I have even looked on sites that offer keys but > they dont wo...

Vlookup 05-11-10
I would like to flag a cell with an A for active or I for inactve (lets say cell A1) and based on the entry have another cell (G1) populate an entry from another worksheet. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A7,'EQN''s'!$A$1:$B$2048,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A7,'EQN''s'!$A$1:$B$2048,2,FALSE)) The catch being that it will be dynamic in the sense that the data retrieved can be reused if it ever becomes inactive again. So I have some dilema's. 1) When cell A1 is marked active I not only want to populate the cell with data from Sheet2 ('EQN'...

File Repository Server Input is down 11-01-04
When trying to run a report the following error is generated. Crystal Report Viewer File Repository Server Input is down If you restart all of the services you can run reports for a few minutes before the error reappears. The Server is Windows 2000 Adv Server CRM Server 1.2 SQL Server Enterprise Edt 2000 Any thoughts? ...

can't install office 2004 update version 11.5.0
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can download the update but when I try to install it I get the following message "installer can't located correct version of software required to install this update. My version of Mac Office 2004 is 11.3.9 "Which" update are you trying to apply? The latest is 11.5.4 but that can't be applied directly to 11.3.9 -- there are a number of required updates that precede it. I'd suggest that you go to Help> Check for Updates in any of the Office programs & let the AutoUpdate app do its thi...

Hi, 11-19-07

"Package for CD" missing
Hi everybody, I have PPT 2007 (Office Professional Plus) on a Windows XP (v2002, SP3) machine. The problem is: the menu does not have the "Package for CD" icon! It's ust not there. So far I tried: 1) "Repair" using the installation CD 2) Remove PPT and install again 3) Looked for the command with "Customize" and put it into QuickStart. The icon is grayed out 4) Installed all current updates 5) Checked MS help site but my files is not read-only, not marked as finisched/completed, not in a network environment nor accessed by others simultane...

Outlook freezes #11
When I click on a hyperlink in a post Outlook Freezes, any ideas? Bissell ...

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail. Thanks, Sonya Please learn how to crosspost instead of multi-posting. Multiposting vs Cro...

Information Store Service Terminates
I'm currently running an exchange 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003 SP1 Domain Controller with Mcafee virus scan 8.00 Its been running fine for about a year. Recently the information store terminates intermittently with the following error. I can restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7024 Date: 19/09/2006 Time: 21:54:43 User: N/A Computer: ICCUK-MAIL2 Description: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specif...

Display of hyperlinked information
Hi...when I hyperlink from one worksheet to another, the cell referenced comes up at the bottom left of the page. I'd like, when I hyperlink, to see the hyperlinked referenced cell in the upper left hand corner of the screen - wher A1 normally is! Hope this is clear, it's harder to describe than to demonstrate! Thanks. Warfighter ...

Information suddenly appearing in the middle of messages
My wife, on two occasions, was preparing a message when suddenly the address I use on news groups (i.e. frog@pond.com) appeared in the middle of the sentence. On the other occasions, some health-related data I record using Microsoft Word appeared in the middle of her sentence. Both occurrences are strange events, as she does not get involved in newsgroups and has nothing to do with my health data. I first thought my problem had to do with information remaining in memory somehow. After some more thinking on this subject, I started thinking this was not likely since (1) I hadn...

Passing information from Cell to SQL Query
I have made a connection to an AS/400 Database through Excel and have successfully run a query against this and have pulled back the required information. I plan to run this query on a daily basis and the information is based on date parameters that I enter. Currently the only way I know how to do this is to edit the SQL 'Command Text' directly. The command I currently have is WHERE (XMTFTXD45 between '20091021.000000' and '20091021.999999') What I would like to do is to have the 2 dates entered into cells on my Spreadsheet and for the SQL to query the cells dir...

Using VBA to export list of mailbox information from System Manager
Hi I need to analyse the mailbox information in System Manager (Admin Groups - {Domain} - Servers - {Server Name} - First Storage Group - Mailbox Store - Mailboxes) by exporting the information to Excel. I use VBA to sort out the exported information as required and I thought it'd be a nice touch to automate the whole thing. Is there any way that VBA could be used to connect to the mailbox store and export the information automatically? If so, are there any links to sites which could help explain it? Thanks M "Someone" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote: >I nee...

Do current Office 2004 cd's have a "newer" version on them??
Can anyone tell me if MS, when producing their supply for retailers, update the version of Office on the install cd's?? Meaning, I bought mine just after Office 2004 came out. When I install and run autoupdate, I get: * the latest version of the autoupdate application itself * the 11.2.3 combined updater I was wondering if anyone, who has bought the recently (the STANDARD edition), noticed if the version on the cd was newer than the original release (aka version 11.2). I wonder how you would be able to tell just from the box, if even possible. Thanks, I can't speak to MS practice...

How can I force IE8 to use WMP to ALWAYS play .m4a files?
I'm running Win7 x64. Prior to QuickTime being installed, .m4a files would open up in WMP when I'm using IE8, which is my preference. Also, outside of IE, for example in Windows Explorer, double-clicking on a .m4a file also opens up WMP, per my association default. But as soon as I install QuickTime--even though the default for .m4a is still set to WMP--in IE8 the .m4a file is now opening up with the QuickTime browser plugin! Windows Explorer is still fine and it opens up the file with WMP, but only IE is using the wrong default program. How can I change the de...

Eject (button and command) fails on both optical drives (CD & DVD) under XP. Works fine under Linux and pre XP starting
Both my drives (G: & H:) are fine and work perfectly once disks are loaded but I can no longer change disks while operating XP. I have to re-start XP and change the disks before XP starts.. They work perfectly under Linux (Mint8) although that is no longer installed and I've recently tested using the LIVE CD I've today disabled all start-up programs, re-booted and killed some processes that might be causing a problem but to no avail.. This has been happening for at least six months so I suspect some update at some has caused the problem.. The machine is fully up ...

Information Store won't start after installing exchange (in child domain) #2
We are installing exchange 2003 in a child domain of a domain tree where an exchange 2003 server already exists in the parent domain. Netdiag and DCDiag were both performed before installation and indicated no problems with the general setup. The account used to install exchange has Full Exchange Administration rights at the org. level. The installation completes without any error messages, but it is impossible to start the information store. The store refuses to start and events 9153, 1121 and 5000 are then logged in the event log. Event 1121: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Ac...

Multiple Mailboxes for same user in Exchange 2003 Information store
Here's the problem: Had a number of problems with a users mailbox, so I exported the mailbox contents to a pst, deleted the mailbox and recreated the user and imported the pst... Everything worked good there, except now I've got 2 copies of the user in the mailbox store... I set the expiration date to be 0 days for deleted users, but I still see the mailbox.. How do I get it to disappear? Thanks! Wait for store maintenance to run. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Steve Aschettino" <steveaschettino@yahoo.com&...

Formatting #11
Hi, Can anybody tell me if it is possible to format a cell so that a negative number will automatically appear in parenthesis. Need urgent answer please. Highlight the desired cell, goto Format/Cell and pick Number. Choose one of the selection on the right, either (1234.10) in black or in red. Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Can anybody tell me if it is possible to format a cell so >that a negative number will automatically appear in >parenthesis. Need urgent answer please. >. > Hi Irl You can use any of the numerous custom number form...