WMP 11 error C00D1163 (after update KB971513)

Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs.  I always get error C00D1163

   "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem
with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card.
Try installing an updated driver for your video card."

DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals).  I
am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system
configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem.

It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately after
Microsoft sent me the update KB971513.  Immediately, meaning the same day,
12/5/2009.

I have done everything in the tech support help pages, including:
   Install all Windows updates (no video driver updates were available)
   Remove and re-install all video drivers
   Download new copy of WMP 11
   Verify license with Microsoft
All this, and more, to no avail.  DVDs I could play two weeks ago are no
longer playable, even DVDs with no copy protection.

My specs.
System:
   Windows XP
   Media Center Edition
   Version 2002
   Service Pack 3

Latest Updates:
   Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971513) Installed On 12/5/2009

Windows Media Player 11 Version 11.0.5721.5268
   New copy downloaded
   All trouble shooting procedures done

--
Frustrated WMP 11 User

I have lost my printer too.  Reinstalling driver does not work.  The printer
was fine last week -- prior to 12/5/2009.
--
Frustrated WMP 11 User

"Frustrated WMP 11 User" <FrustratedWMP11User@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:5438BAF1-FCA7-4060-9B7F-8347663E608F@microsoft.com...

> Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs.  I always get error C00D1163

snip>

This is the details of that error code:
http://snipurl.com/tlmzx

Did you try a system restore when you made a correllation with the
problem occuring and and that automatic update?

> I have done everything in the tech support help pages, including:
>   Install all Windows updates (no video driver updates were available)

You get updated video card drivers from the site of the OEM for
your card, do you know the make and model, do you know how
to check Device Manager for those details?

>   Remove and re-install all video drivers

"Remove"? Exactly what did you do?

It isn't a WMP problem as such, but seemingly an update conflict
with your specific configuration.

0
Panzy
12/7/2009 11:18:48 PM
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 03:23:01 -0800, Frustrated WMP 11 User
<FrustratedWMP11User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs.  I always get error C00D1163
>
>   "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem
>with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card.
>Try installing an updated driver for your video card."
>
>DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals).  I
>am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system
>configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem.
>
>It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately after
>Microsoft sent me the update KB971513.  Immediately, meaning the same day,
>12/5/2009.
>
>I have done everything in the tech support help pages, including:
>   Install all Windows updates (no video driver updates were available)
>   Remove and re-install all video drivers
>   Download new copy of WMP 11
>   Verify license with Microsoft
>All this, and more, to no avail.  DVDs I could play two weeks ago are no
>longer playable, even DVDs with no copy protection.
>

>My specs.
>System:
>   Windows XP
>   Media Center Edition
>   Version 2002
>   Service Pack 3
>
>Latest Updates:
>   Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971513) Installed On 12/5/2009
>
>Windows Media Player 11 Version 11.0.5721.5268
>   New copy downloaded
>   All trouble shooting procedures done

Do you definitely have a compatible DVD decoder instaled ?

You can check with DecCheck :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DE1491AC-0AB6-4990-943D-627E6ADE9FCB&displaylang=en

Also check the Monitor is recognised : Right-click on Decktop, choose
Dispay Properties, Monitor.

If it says "Generic PnP Monitor", see if you received a driver disk
with your monitor - there's a tiny update which would be on the driver
CD which wold help windows to identify the monitor and may help here

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

tesuto 03-11-07
tesuto...

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

error 553

80070005 error #2

Date format 04-11-06

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

CRM Error

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Error when changing average perpetual
I Have the following error in Microsoft Dynamics GP on the screen of average perpetual "Message #10577 Missing" somebody knows about this??? Thankļæ½s. Gabriela Martinez. ...

Re: Updates infected with "Antivirus Soft" virus?
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: >>> I'm sorry you had to go through this absurd experience just because >>> IE 6 is so susceptible to malware but, as you've stated, it's just >>> another lesson. I try to push folks to upgrade to IE8 >> [snip] >> >> Is IE7 not as secure as IE8? If not, in what ways is IE8 more secure? >> >> Is it possible to harden IE6 so that it is just as secure as IE8? > > A1. No. See, e.g., > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd919181(WS.10).aspx > A2. No. Also see http://blo...

Outlook MAPI (WMS idle error message while shutting down)
I am loading the mapi32/mapisp32 dll in my program. When I shut down while my program is still running, I am getting "WMS Idle" message. 1. While shutting down, why i am not getting 'fnevCriticalError' notification in my IMAPIAdviseSink class?? and 2. What exactly is causing the WMS Idle message ? Any help will be appreciated... ...

Cascade update in axapta
Hi all, I find a post from http://axapta-dynamics.blogspot.com/ describe that it is possible to cascade update tables at axapta. I have follow what he describe at the post, I modfied the groupid (primary key) at the assetgroup table , but the related record foreign key field at assettable didnt got update. Can you guys explain more on how to cascade update? Thank you. Below is the post text: Monday, August 27, 2007 Cascade Update in AX Many people think that cascade update functionality is not available in AX. Since delete actions of 'Cascade' type are available to provide...