WM Player rips automatically even with setting off

When I insert a CD, Windows Media Player beigns to rip.  The setting for
automatic ripping is unchecked.  I have executed (virtually) all permutations
of the following actions:
- uncheck automatic ripping
- restart the computer
- check automatic ripping
- rip a CD
- insert a CD
WM Player will not desist from automatically ripping a CD while the rip pane
is active.  Are there any known fixes?  Anyone else had this problem?

The reason I want to manually rip is so that I can enter the information
manually.  I want to enter the info manually so that WM Player can
automatically name the ripped file according to (in part) the title of the
track.  So, essentially I want to control the name of the ripped file by
naming the track BEFORE WM Player begins ripping and naming the files, "track
1.WMA", "track2.WMA".  Thanks for the help.  Rock on.

  In WMP,tools,options,youve edited the correct boxes...Also,in WMP,
 press the F3 key for other options.

"Milam" wrote:

> When I insert a CD, Windows Media Player beigns to rip.  The setting for
> automatic ripping is unchecked.  I have executed (virtually) all permutations
> of the following actions:
> - uncheck automatic ripping
> - restart the computer
> - check automatic ripping
> - rip a CD
> - insert a CD
> WM Player will not desist from automatically ripping a CD while the rip pane
> is active.  Are there any known fixes?  Anyone else had this problem?
>
> The reason I want to manually rip is so that I can enter the information
> manually.  I want to enter the info manually so that WM Player can
> automatically name the ripped file according to (in part) the title of the
> track.  So, essentially I want to control the name of the ripped file by
> naming the track BEFORE WM Player begins ripping and naming the files, "track
> 1.WMA", "track2.WMA".  Thanks for the help.  Rock on.
You probably have System AutoPlay set to rip still.
--
Speaking for myself only.
"Milam" <Milam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert a CD, Windows Media Player beigns to rip.  The setting for
> automatic ripping is unchecked.  I have executed (virtually) all
> permutations
> of the following actions:
> - uncheck automatic ripping
> - restart the computer
> - check automatic ripping
> - rip a CD
> - insert a CD
> WM Player will not desist from automatically ripping a CD while the rip
> pane
> is active.  Are there any known fixes?  Anyone else had this problem?
>
> The reason I want to manually rip is so that I can enter the information
> manually.  I want to enter the info manually so that WM Player can
> automatically name the ripped file according to (in part) the title of the
> track.  So, essentially I want to control the name of the ripped file by
> naming the track BEFORE WM Player begins ripping and naming the files,
> "track
> 1.WMA", "track2.WMA".  Thanks for the help.  Rock on.

0
zachd

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

Automatic Find and Populate
Ok, I have several spreadsheets that represent bills and have tabs that represent the months. So, when I recieve a new bill for the month, I copy last month's bill onto a new tab, and rename it using the billing cycle. Each year, for each account number is contained in its own workbook- ie: account 245-9999 has a workbook for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005; within that workbook are tabs for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Ok, on a single month's tab, there are anywhere from 10 to 900 individual line items representing circuits. What I want to do is create a separate spreadsheet that lists unique c...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Automatic calculation
Hi I have a workbook that takes an eternity to calculate and therefore, have the calculation mode set to manual. I would like the calculation mode set to Automatic when the workbook is deactivated or closed, but do not want the workbook to be calculated when this happens. Is that at all possible? Thanks in advance Ben You could use workbook events that fire when the workbook is activated/deactivated. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of File|Edit|...) on the menubar. Select view code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Applica...

cant set up a rule
i have a hot mail account but i am how using offine outlook and wanted to set up a rule it wont let me because message sent and received using http e-mail accounts can not be filtered using outlook rune all i want to do is send a reply e-mail as my template As you've mentioned rules don't work at all on HTTP mail accounts. Doesn't matter what action you're trying to take on the items "julie fun fitness" <juliefunfitness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9AA672B-A499-4438-A6C5-E3E363B5FBF2@microsoft.com... >i have a hot mail accoun...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Pasting picture files to Excel
Whenever I paste ia jpg picture nto Excel (or Word for that matter), I get only 3 choices (bitmap, metafile (bigger than bitmap), and photoediting (bigger than both)) . My question is, is there anyway to paste in a picture to an Excel file, but keeping it compressed as a jpeg file, this way the excel file size doesn't grow by leaps and bounds? Thanks. Matt: Since Excel has the ability of editing a picture, the software has to limit its pictures to those formats that MS has editing tools to work with. That's why you can't easily set up JPG or GIF pictures as embedde...

Manual Worklflow
hi I have a manual workflow and am keen to know how to go about creating a scheduled job to automatically execute the workflow every morning/every night .. any advice would be helpful. regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, the first step is to modify your manual workflow to wait 24 hours and execute itself: Manual rule ... your logic Wait for 1 day(s) Exec: Manual rule You may want to add some checks to ensure that workflow is stopped when appropriate, e.g. when record becomes inactive, e.g. Manual rule ... your logic Wait for 1 day(s) if <Your entity>....

how do I get rid of the automatic 2 spaces after every period
when i am in Excell and i put in 1.29 it always comes out as 1. 29 it does this is Word as well when ever i use a period anywhee it always puts 2 spaces in. if i go ... i get . . . >-----Original Message----- >when i am in Excell and i put in 1.29 it always comes out as 1. 29 > >it does this is Word as well when ever i use a period anywhee it always puts >2 spaces in. if i go ... i get . . . >. > Sounds like it could be a keyboard problem. Does it do this in Notepad or any other application where you can input characters? "squarelock" <s...

Setting Primary Contact Should be Easier
SUGGESTION: Setting a primary contact inside an account should be a lot easier than it is. Here are some ideas: 1) A user should be able to right click one of the contacts in the list of contacts FOR THAT ACCOUNT and choose from a menu to make them the Primary Contact. 2) Have an option inside the contact window to make them the primary contact for the associated account. 3) At minimum, you should have the form assistant ONLY show contacts associated with that account . . . or when you do a lookup for the primary contact field, it ONLY shows contacts for that account. This is just...

Automatic sending massages( in background)
Most of the time i receive a massages(E-mail) from server (Etisalat) that my massage failed to send (from:internet mail server) (subject: problem during delivery processing)(Message-id:<BAY114-W39F46A05A177215177A8F5A7990@phx.gbl>) this is one example of id You haven't given us much to go on. As a minimum we would need to see a verbatim copy of the failure notice. Are these messages you have sent? If not, they are probably emails sent out by a spammer who is using your 'From' address. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...

How to stop reviewing bar from automatically appearing
Everytime I open any Excel sheet in 2003, the "reviewing toolbar" keeps showing up [what a pain] - I turn it off - and oops it's there again next time. Is there an option for controlling this? Any way to turn off in the registry? I just don't want the barthere.... Thx. -- NAG - Network Administrator Guru 8-) Nor do most people I think!, That ,and the accursed smart tags are the annoying things about the later versions of XL. As far as I'm aware the only way to permanently stop it is using code in a Worksheet _Open or Activate event. Obviously adding VBA code ...

Why my Inbox automatically erases all e-mails received?
why everytime I go out of the Inbox, when I come back there are no e-mails at all? thanks, Juan zrjuan wrote: > why everytime I go out of the Inbox, when I come back there are no e-mails at > all? > > thanks, Juan Check what *view* you have set. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Paycheck set up, but now want to delete
While trying to figure out how to do a budget, Money Deluxe Plus told me to set up my paycheck in detail (all the deductions etc). I did that, but then decided I didn't want that anymore because it was adding this like a payment to my balance. So I had duplicate paycheck payments in my account. How can I remove this? How can I remove the historic paycheck deposits that I set up in bill pay? TIA, Blake You can delete the Paycheck item Budget created directly from Bills and Deposits. Since you say it's duplicated, I'm guessing that you already had one there when Budge...

testing for left 2 characters in set of 3 choices
following returns true even if false a1=ab1234 b1=if(left A1,2)=or("cd","ef","gh"),1,2) test if A1=cd or ef or gh, true 1, false 2 the above should return 2 false but returns 1 true in error? I tried formula evaluation and it shows "ab"=false but then evalutes combined to true in error. =IF(OR(LEFT(A1,2)={"cd","ef","gh"}),1,2) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 Hi, =IF(OR(LEFT(A1,2)="cd",LEFT(A1,2)="ef",LEFT(A1,2)="gh"),1,2) "MusicMan" wrote: > followi...

Changing default character set from Japanese in Outlook 2003?
We have a number of users who require the use of the Japanese character based version of Windows XP SP2. A number of them initially accessed their Exchange 2003 SP2 mailboxes using these clients via webmail. However, a number of them have now been migrated over to English versions of Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The issue is that when they connect to their mailbox using the English language version of Outlook, certain folders on the Exchange Server (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc.) are all showing up using the Japanese character set. Is there a way to default these fold...

Disable Media-Player-style vizualizations in PowerPoint Presentati
I recieved a powerpoint presentation comprised of several slides with audio narration. However, when the audio narration kicks in I get weird Windows Media Player visualizations displayed on the screen during the narration. I can therefore no longer see the underlying slide. Is there a way to see the slides and hear the audio narration at the same time? Is there a setting in PowerPoint that I am missing? I am running Windows XP SP3, and I am using Office 2003 trying to view an Office 2007 presentation. I have the Office compatiability pack installed. Any suggestions? ...

How to make different cells fill in automatically from one entry?
Hi, I have a workbook with three sheets: Activity, Expenses, Income. I only want to enter data on the Activity sheet. I select the date, I select the DESCRIPTION (matches the sheets Expenses and Income) and I select the Category (Categories match columns on Expenses and Income sheets). I already set up the selections, the Category is a data value dependent (indirect) function. When I enter data on the Activity sheet I want it to appear automatically where it belongs on the Expenses or Income sheets. - in the row for the date (already there) in the column for the Category select...

Outlook 2007 still very sluggish even with performance patch.
Outlook 2007 is very sluggish on my machine. It takes 4 to 5 minutes for outlook to become usuable after I execute the application. When first creating a new message there is a fairly significant lag between typing and the words appearing on the screen. I have disabled all add- ins and installed all the updates for outlook. I have deleted all the large emails, over 100mbs worth, and archived several thousands emails yet my .pst file was only reduced by a 20 - 30 mbs. Is this not also strange? Any ideas on how I can get this to run fasters? I have an older machine with only a 1.33ghz Ath...

Changing Security Role Settings
Hi, Currently our security role settings allow users to be able to delete activities. I want to change this so that they cannot delete any activities. However, having made the changes the users that already had activities scheduled can no longer enter the sales module as they get the general error message � an error has occurred contact your system administrator. However, for a new user that does not have any activities scheduled yet the security changes work as required. Does anyone know of a way to successfully change the security settings for existing users? Thanks Lee Hi Lee, Normall...