windows media player 11 suddenly stops creating audio or mp3 cd's

can someone help me maybe?
about a few weeks ago for no reason windows media player 11 on vista stopped
creating audio cd's

it was burning things fine whether or not they were wma or mp3... whether
they were DRM or not was never something i thought of.

then that all stopped and now some things burn and others do not
i have tried lowering the burn speed from fastest to fast to medium and
still no go.

any one have any ideas why this happens?

oddly enough windows reports in explorer that the discs i insert are blank,
but windows media player sees the files on the cd.

they do not play either way on my xbox, car stereo etc.
niether audio cd or data cd.

help!

Folder security in Windows CE 6.0
Does any one let me know whether folder security (user should not be able to delete the folder or folder can be password protected) can be implemented in windows CE 6.0? Can anyone please let me know how i can implement it? Thanks Vikram G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BOOK REVIEW: C# In Depth by Jon Skeet (Manning) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42abae52-2297-42bb-b020-2b02f9f436a9/book-review-c-in-depth.aspx On 1/12/2010 11:00 AM, Vikram G wrote: > Does any one let me know whether folder security (user should n...

Stopping autoformat when replacing cells.
I'm trying to replace text cells that read 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. to be 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc. I've been going to Find and finding "1-" and replacing with "2-", which changes the 1-1, for example to 38749. What am I doing wrong? Hi Excel is treating 1-1 etc as a date - and hence it comes up with 38749 (which is 1st Feb). I would suggest either formatting the cells to Text before you start or prefixing your entries with ' Andy. "Jaelou" <Jaelou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBB6D3EA-9DD4-4255-9D21-D760A4D50CBE@microsoft.co...

Send/Receive suddenly disabled
My Send/Receive button highlights when I point at it and changes color when I click, but then nothing happens. The same is true of the Send/Receive button on the Mail Setup tab of the Options dialogue box. To get my email, I must 1) Download headers 2) Select those head and "Mark to Download" 3) Process all marked headers. I recently had to create a new profile and recreate all of my accounts and it's possible I changed some other setting while I was going about it, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that might have been. Can anyone tell me how to get buck to ...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

FileFormatConverts.exe stopped working
I have been using the converter without problem for docx. to .doc. It has stopped working - no changes to my system to explain. I am using MS Office SP3. Convert documents from Outlook Express 6. It now opens Word, the "Convert File" dialogue box appears, choose "Word 2007 Document", it says "word is converting ...", and "MSWord: There was an error opening the file". Not exactly helpful. Went to Add/Remove Programs, chose "repair". Rebooted computer. Opened msg in mail again and same error msg. Uninstalled Converter prog...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

How do I stop axis titles from overlapping with negative chart da.
The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still overlaps. Hi, You can find an explanation here. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy KarenNeedsHelp wrote: > The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, > but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still > overlaps. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Karen - Double click on the category titles o...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Sudden shutdown
Once every couple of days my computer will suddenly shutdown, this happens when I am using outlook' 03. ie. composing a message of deleting something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Does the Event Log show anything of note happening when the machine shutdowns/reboots? <knockoff50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1153233278.918711.59090@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Once every couple of days my computer will suddenly shutdown, this > happens when I am using outlook' 03. ie. composing a message of > deleting something. > > Any help would be ...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Outlook 2002 Suddenly Sluggish
I need some help with Outlook 2002. I've been using it for over a year with no problems. Suddenly, a few days ago, it began acting very sluggish. When selecting email messages to read, there is a long wait (2-5 seconds) before the message appears in the preview pane. Without the preview pane and double-clicking to open a message, there is a similar wait before the selected email opens up. I have downloaded 1-2 Windows security patches/updates this week. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but any suggestions about how to troubleshoot this problem will be greatly a...

Creating a task with a duration = sum of all tasks durations
Is it possible to have a task that has a duration equal the sum of the duration for a set of tasks and that has work for that task calculated automatically based on a formula of say number of hours per day times the number of days duration? Duration is not additive but work is. Imagine a summary task that has 3 subtasks, each of which lasts one day. If the three are in parallel, starting together, they all finish at the same timne and all work on the summary is complete since all work on its children is complete, The summary task duration is 1 day. But as to work, each subt...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

priv1.edb has suddenly grown double size?
Hello, hope you can help. Yesterday our exchange 2003 suddenly broke down. I looked in the eventviewer and it told that the database has reached its maximum size 16Gb. This couldn't be true? I have 70 users and their maximum mailbox size are 150Mb each. This could maximum be 10,5Gb. I ofte check the database size and recently it was 7Gb. But - yes the priv1.edb was 15Gb and there was 1800 .log files, which together was 10Gb. WHAT has gone wrong? I called MS tech support, and they advised me to apply Exchange SP2. I did and then it was possible to mount the IS again. Thats great...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...