Windows Media Player 11 and Album Art

This concerns WMP 11 in XP where I have some album art icons appearing OK in
the individual expanded icon view but an incorrect piece of album art (from
elsewhere in my library) appearing in the library icon view.  I have been
unable to force a correction, even when I re-paste the correct album art.
Can anyone help?

Go to the folder where the tracks of a particular album are located, by
right-clicking one of the tracks in WMP and selecting Open file
location. Look for JPG files in the folder (these files are usually
hidden, so make sure Explorer is set to show hidden files). Delete any
JPG files you see, this should remove all album art from the album.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

David wrote:
> This concerns WMP 11 in XP where I have some album art icons appearing OK in
> the individual expanded icon view but an incorrect piece of album art (from
> elsewhere in my library) appearing in the library icon view.  I have been
> unable to force a correction, even when I re-paste the correct album art.
> Can anyone help?
0
Tim
11/16/2009 6:16:13 PM
hey Tim (& David)
brief Q along these lines pls
if the .jpg's ARENT located w/ the album files themselves
where else mite i find them ?(& yes, i did unhide the folder/subs)

dont know if this makes a diff. but the mp3 folders/files are
located on an external drive which  i access thru my notebook

thx for time & allowing me to butt-in --i too am encountering
some crossover/ and want to add the artwork to my notebook files
-- Regards
Scorp

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> Go to the folder where the tracks of a particular album are located, by
> right-clicking one of the tracks in WMP and selecting Open file
> location. Look for JPG files in the folder (these files are usually
> hidden, so make sure Explorer is set to show hidden files). Delete any
> JPG files you see, this should remove all album art from the album.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> David wrote:
> > This concerns WMP 11 in XP where I have some album art icons appearing OK in
> > the individual expanded icon view but an incorrect piece of album art (from
> > elsewhere in my library) appearing in the library icon view.  I have been
> > unable to force a correction, even when I re-paste the correct album art.
> > Can anyone help?
> .

It's also possible that the album art is embedded in the actual music
files. If you right-click one of the tracks of the album in WMP and
select Advanced Tag Editor, do you see anything on the Pictures page?
You can add/remove embedded album art there.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

iScorpious wrote:
> hey Tim (& David)
> brief Q along these lines pls
> if the .jpg's ARENT located w/ the album files themselves
> where else mite i find them ?(& yes, i did unhide the folder/subs)
>
> dont know if this makes a diff. but the mp3 folders/files are
> located on an external drive which  i access thru my notebook
>
> thx for time & allowing me to butt-in --i too am encountering
> some crossover/ and want to add the artwork to my notebook files
> -- Regards
> Scorp
>

> "Tim De Baets" wrote:
>
>> Go to the folder where the tracks of a particular album are located, by
>> right-clicking one of the tracks in WMP and selecting Open file
>> location. Look for JPG files in the folder (these files are usually
>> hidden, so make sure Explorer is set to show hidden files). Delete any
>> JPG files you see, this should remove all album art from the album.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Tim De Baets
>> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>>
>> David wrote:
>>> This concerns WMP 11 in XP where I have some album art icons appearing OK in
>>> the individual expanded icon view but an incorrect piece of album art (from
>>> elsewhere in my library) appearing in the library icon view.  I have been
>>> unable to force a correction, even when I re-paste the correct album art.
>>> Can anyone help?
>> .

0
Tim
12/16/2009 4:46:29 PM

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> It's also possible that the album art is embedded in the actual music
> files. If you right-click one of the tracks of the album in WMP and
> select Advanced Tag Editor, do you see anything on the Pictures page?
> You can add/remove embedded album art there.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> iScorpious wrote:
> > hey Tim (& David)
> > brief Q along these lines pls
> > if the .jpg's ARENT located w/ the album files themselves
> > where else mite i find them ?(& yes, i did unhide the folder/subs)
> >
> > dont know if this makes a diff. but the mp3 folders/files are
> > located on an external drive which  i access thru my notebook
> >
> > thx for time & allowing me to butt-in --i too am encountering
> > some crossover/ and want to add the artwork to my notebook files
> > -- Regards
> > Scorp
> >

> > "Tim De Baets" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to the folder where the tracks of a particular album are located, by
> >> right-clicking one of the tracks in WMP and selecting Open file
> >> location. Look for JPG files in the folder (these files are usually
> >> hidden, so make sure Explorer is set to show hidden files). Delete any
> >> JPG files you see, this should remove all album art from the album.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tim De Baets
> >> http://www.bm-productions.tk

> >> .

How do you stop WMP from creating album art in the folder where the mp3 is?
I have my album art embeded into the mp3. Everytime WMP plays a song, it
creates the 2 album art files in the folder.
Ray wrote:
> How do you stop WMP from creating album art in the folder where the mp3 is?
> I have my album art embeded into the mp3. Everytime WMP plays a song, it
> creates the 2 album art files in the folder.

I don't really see how those small and hidden JPG files can become an
annoyance, but you could try the tweak in the first post at
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=75461

I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to be working.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

0
Tim

Windows Server 2003 Logo?
Is it still possible to submit for Windows Server 2003 Logo? If not is there WS2K3 signability available under Windows Server 2008 Logo? Thanks, Steve WLK 1.5 is the latest logo kit available. It does allow for testing and receiving a logo for specific Windows Server 2003 devices (see http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/categories.mspx). John Garcia [MSFT] "S. Heck" wrote in message news:40F84979-5F92-4E04-8A8B-8A482D6A0EAA@microsoft.com... Is it still possible to submit for Windows Server 2003 Logo? If not is there WS2K3 signability available under ...

windows desktop wallpaper?
Hi all, in my programm I want to change the desktop wallpaper with an image saved in a bmp-File. Does anyone know how to do that? Is there source code in the web? Thanks for help Guido SystemParametersInfo( SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER, 0, "c:\\windows\\blah.bmp",0); Last parameter can be SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE if you want to update user-profile. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ "Guido F." <guidof2000@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:c5otju$s8b$1@nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE... > Hi all, > > in my p...

How do I set up 11" x 14" document and print in Publisher?
I'm trying to create a newsletter in a format 11" x 14". I found how to change the printer to print 11" x 14" but haven't found how to create the document. Help! Roxie wrote: > I'm trying to create a newsletter in a format 11" x 14". > I found how to change the printer to print 11" x 14" but > haven't found how to create the document. Help! ======================================== File / Page Setup / Custom -- John Inzer John Inzer <oobie@doobie.xyz> was very recently heard to utter: > Roxie wrote: >>...

reminder popup hidden behind other windows
Hi, Does anyone know how to get reminder popups to show up in front of all open windows? If I am working on something other than Outlook, the reminders are hidden and I can't see them ... making them rather useless. Thanks! -Bret ...

Windows XP Virus
We've encountered a virus on one of our windows xp professional machines. It locks the computer up at random intervals. We've cleaned the computer using multiple different anti-viruses which fixes the problem for a time, however the virus always comes back within a day. We've used anti-rootkits and found nothing as well. It also seems to only lock the computer up if it is connected with the ethernet cable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Eric wrote: > We've encountered a virus on one of our windows xp professional machines. It >...

Macros #11
I want to add a short text string to the start of the existing text in a long list. For example, add "lab" to a list of laboratory results. So "CBC" becomes "labCBC", "Glucose" becomes "labGlucose", etc. Any suggestions on how to write a macro to do this? Thanks. You dont need a macro for this. A macro loop will take longer than a formula. try this. Lets say your long list Starts in A1 then in B1 insert this ="lab"&A1 then fill down. regards, Cesar Zapata "Douggen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Windows 64bit Latest service pack.
Where can i find the latest service pack for windows xp 64 bit? Ernie wrote: > Where can i find the latest service pack for windows xp 64 bit? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=893FD6C0-6283-44C3-BB84-B2F0315B2AE6&displaylang=en Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition (There is no SP3 for XP x64, SP2 is the latest available) John Here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=893FD6C0-6283-44C3-BB84-B2F0315B2AE6&displaylang=en Ernie wrote: > Where can i find the latest service pack for windows xp 64 bit? ...

Launching file from Windows Exploer problem
I am always able to launch an excel file by double- clicking in the file name within Windows Explorer. But when I save an excel file as an HTML format, and keep the original .xls file, for some reason, when I double click on the .xls file, it will not launch Excel and open the file automatically. When I double click on the .html file, it does launch Internet Explorer and displays the file as expected. Any ideas why I can't get the .xls file to launch? ...

Word and Excel open slowly from Windows Explorer
I am having a problem with office 2003. If I have word or excel running and pick "file" "open" and pick a file there is no problem at all - it opens immediately. If I am in windows explorer and double click on it, it takes up to a minute to open the file - this is the same for word or excel. It is also the same from the desktop. (Note: this does not include Power Point - It works fine) This does not occur with any other file type - like .pdf's, .jpg's, etc they all open immediately. The problem appears to be with excel and word files only. This ...

Drag and drop stopped working after the latest Windows Update
Hi, I got this annoying problem on XP after automatic update 2 days ago. I can no longer drag and drop files. That is, I can drag a file over a folder - which is highlighted - but then nothing happens. I had this problem about a year ago and it was somehow linked to MSXML4 (unfortunately I do not remember the details). I'm not sure if this is the same issue again. I do not have msxml4.dll in my windows\system32 so it must be a different issue. I'd appreciate _any_ suggestions. Thanks, Bogdan Try using another mouse Check for stucked keys (usually its th...

Bring back line numbers in Integration Manager script windows V10
I have noticed in V10 Integration Manager the ability to “Show Line Numbers” in the script windows has been removed. I have found this feature to be beneficial in the past and find it painfully missed in V10 IM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

I cannot view clip art in Publisher 2003
So far I've discussed this with Microsoft tech support, had my computer checked by a computer repair shop, uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times, but I still cannot view the clip art in Publisher 2003. If I save the file in Publisher 2000 the clip art shows up. I have the same software installed on my laptop and have no problems viewing clip art with Publisher 2003. I don't know what to do. Artccc <Artccc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > So far I've discussed this with Microsoft tech support, had my > computer che...

Navigating between windows and helper class functions?
Hi all, I have a dialog in a child window and want to call a public function of a CObject derived helper class I wrote. I have created a public member of my helper class in CMainFrame and want get a pointer to the member instance. Why can I not use "AfxGetMainWnd()->m_myHelperClass.myFunction()"? And what can I use instead? Best regards from sunny south Wales! :-) Thomas I am sorry to say but that is bad programming. You need to find a different way to access that object. But either way, Becasue AfxGetMainWnd() return a pointer to a CWnd, you need to cast it to your own win...

Add a Transaction Search Box to the Register Window ...
.... and I will probably switch back to Money from Quicken. You need to be able to type the dollar amount or any text and finds all hits in your register. Quicken has this. It's much faster than the clunky search interface in Money 2005 (the last version I used) where you have to type Ctl-F, choose Advanced, click Next, choose Amount, type the amount, click Next, etc. Thanks, Larry ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Exchange 5.5 Std Edition to Windows 2003?
Is this possible? I am planning to move my Exchange 5.5 server to new server but with Windows 2003 Server. Will W2k3 Server accept this application? Mark NO ! Not even Exchange 2000, see also: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321648&Product=exch2k "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:OcztqNBAEHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is this possible? > > I am planning to move my Exchange 5.5 server to new server but with Windows > 2003 Server. Will W2k3 Server accept this application? > > Mark > > thanks for the ...

32-bit programs on Windows x64
Can two 32-bit programs each have access to 4.0 GB of RAM, if there is 8.0 GB of RAM on the system? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Can two 32-bit programs each have access to 4.0 GB of RAM, >if there is 8.0 GB of RAM on the system? On a 32-bit system, each process gets a 4GB virtual memory space. At any time, bits of this space are in physical RAM, or on disk, or noplace (since they haven't been allocated yet). The OS keeps track of where everything is. If you've got 8GB of RAM, then you must have a 64-bit system. I'm not sure what the...

sign in window no longer opens, can't sign into outlook for email
Get error message (0x800ccc33) Was working at one time, but now it seems to be stuck in "Work of Line" and won't allow me to signin to my email account Is this perhaps a Live Hotmail account? Use the Outlook Connector instead. More info can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/news/hotmailaccessforbidden.htm If it is not a Live Hotmail account see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/sendreceiveerrors.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and ...

windows vista update(service not running)
hi when ever i click the check for updates button,it says service is not running,u need to restart your computer ,i always restart it but the same thing is all over again what shall i do? Date: 4/3/2010 6:04 AM, Author: windows vistaUpdate(service not running) Wrote: > hi > when ever i click the check for updates button,it says service is not > running,u need to restart your computer ,i always restart it but the same > thing is all over again > what shall i do? What Operating System version? What Service Pack level is installed? At what point in the update p...

Office 2004, G5, Tiger & Update 11.2.0
OK...This is my experience with the 11.2.0 Update: I d/l'ed and installed the upgrade. When I loaded my spreadsheet in Excel it wouldn't run my macros because it said it couldn't load Visual Basic for Applications. I used Spotlight to find the file on my disk and it found it in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder. I opened it up and could not find the file. So I called MS Support. The "Support" person had me run the Remove Office application that was in their Application/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office folder. That trashed the Mi...

Contacts and Accounts 12-11-03
Is it possible to add one contact to multiple accounts. for example the director of a company that also has a position in another company??? Thanks Michael Not in the current releases (v1.0 or v1.2). This is something that has been indicated will be available in a future release (I think they said v2, but I don't remember for sure). I have heard there are a few ISV products that can handle this type of relationship though. "Michael Kl�ffer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e0801c3bfed$38ed3550$a101280a@phx.gbl... Is it possible to add one ...

Gmail in Windows mail
I can not send nor receive e-mail (gmail) through Windows mail anymore. I know this question has been up here before but in spite of excellent information it still doesn´t want to fly. The name of my internet provider here in Sweden is www.comhem.se. The POPImaptroubleshooter from Google says: "This account is skipped when fetching new mail". The Windows mail says (in translation from Swedish): The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL)...

Word does not remember position of window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed office:mac 2008 on my new iMac. Exept, that Word does not remember the position of the window for allready saved documents, everything works OK. According to some comment I found in the forum, I edited a script to size and also position the active window. No problem with this script. At reopening the saved documentm the size of the window is correct but it is always positioned at the upper left corner. <br> All other office applications do remember the last position of the window. &l...

excel viewer for windows ME #2
Hi, I am using windows ME and i need a excel viewer. i do not have office installed. Where can i download this? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 SP2?
Does anyone know of a way to install Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Pro with SP2? Or is this even possible with the restrictions on this product? Thanks, Gary You need to be at SP-3 level with Windows 2000. Any reason you can't/won't update to SP-3? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, gcrich@projectgroup.com asked: | Does anyone know of a way...

problem in excel 97 (running in windows-xp)
hello, I have a problem in excel 97 running under windows-xp. The display of the cell "spills" over to the next cell, even though there is enough space in the cell. The same file running in excel 97 under windows 97 does not show the problem. Does anyone know that to do? ...