Does windows media player have a cache files folder?  Where is the cache
files folder located for windows media player?  Or how do I find the cache
files folder for windows media player?

Thank You for your Help.

Bob

Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way
bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I purchased new February
2008 running 32-bit MS Vista Home Premium SP2 box.  I use MS auto updates.
I think it has onboard shared memory for video and sound.  My ISP is Comcast
12mbps with Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem direct to computer.  No
other switches or routers or wireless or phone line or any other networking
hardware hooked up to this computer.

0
Bob

Probably in
 C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player
--

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com

"Bob" wrote:

> Does windows media player have a cache files folder?  Where is the cache
> files folder located for windows media player?  Or how do I find the cache
> files folder for windows media player?
>
> Thank You for your Help.
>
> Bob
>

> Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way
> bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I purchased new February
> 2008 running 32-bit MS Vista Home Premium SP2 box.  I use MS auto updates.
> I think it has onboard shared memory for video and sound.  My ISP is Comcast
> 12mbps with Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem direct to computer.  No
> other switches or routers or wireless or phone line or any other networking
> hardware hooked up to this computer.
>
> .

I found:
C:\Users\Bob1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media\11.0
Inside are two files "WMSDKNS.DTD" and "WMSDKNS.XML"
This does not seem like cache.  Maybe windows media player does not have
cache?
Thanks again.
Bob

"Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message
> Does windows media player have a cache files folder?  Where is the cache
> files folder located for windows media player?  Or how do I find the cache
> files folder for windows media player?
>
> Thank You for your Help.
>
> Bob
>

> Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way
> bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I purchased new February
> 2008 running 32-bit MS Vista Home Premium SP2 box.  I use MS auto updates.
> I think it has onboard shared memory for video and sound.  My ISP is
> Comcast 12mbps with Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem direct to
> computer.  No other switches or routers or wireless or phone line or any
> other networking hardware hooked up to this computer.

0
Bob
1/28/2010 3:13:57 AM
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:52:19 -0600, "Bob"
<bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote:

>Does windows media player have a cache files folder?  Where is the cache
>files folder located for windows media player?  Or how do I find the cache
>files folder for windows media player?

A cache for what ? Computers use caches widely throughout the OS and
applications, so it'd help if you defined what you're looking for (and
why ?)

There is a transcoded files cache for example, which is used when WMP
converts a track for use by a portable device like an MP3 player.

This is to avoid the overhead of re-converting the file again if it's
deleted from the device then soon after you want to add it back.

In that case, check Tools -> (More) Options -> Devices and click the
Advanced button. You can change the location of the transcoded files
cache from the Change button, or clear the cache using Delete Files

Some downloaded tracks played back from a website may be temporarily
stored in IE's temporary internet files subfolders before it's handed
off to WMP, though it's not normally usefully recoverable from there.

I seem to remember the files don't have a WMV or WMA extension and
might end in .dat or similar, with a temporary nonescript filename.

They may also be missing important information and not be playable
directly by media player, even after renaming the file to WMV or WMA
filetype.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil
1/29/2010 11:07:46 PM
I need to rephrase the question.  I copy and paste a link (mms:// and
others) into the player.  I want to look for and save the file so I do not
have to stream it form the Internet any more.  Some of those links are
getting old and I fear will be gone soon.
Bob

"Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message
> Does windows media player have a cache files folder?  Where is the cache
> files folder located for windows media player?  Or how do I find the cache
> files folder for windows media player?
>
> Thank You for your Help.
>
> Bob
>

> Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way
> bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I purchased new February
> 2008 running 32-bit MS Vista Home Premium SP2 box.  I use MS auto updates.
> I think it has onboard shared memory for video and sound.  My ISP is
> Comcast 12mbps with Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem direct to
> computer.  No other switches or routers or wireless or phone line or any
> other networking hardware hooked up to this computer.

0
Bob
1/30/2010 6:13:25 PM
Oh, you're probably talking about the browser cache (Temporary Internet
Files) and not about WMP's library cache. mms:// links point to
streaming video, and they aren't saved locally, not even in the browser
cache. To record such streamed videos, you need a special program like
WM Recorder - http://www.wmrecorder.com

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Bob wrote:
> I need to rephrase the question.  I copy and paste a link (mms:// and
> others) into the player.  I want to look for and save the file so I do not
> have to stream it form the Internet any more.  Some of those links are
> getting old and I fear will be gone soon.
> Bob
>
> "Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message
>> Does windows media player have a cache files folder?  Where is the cache
>> files folder located for windows media player?  Or how do I find the cache
>> files folder for windows media player?
>>
>> Thank You for your Help.
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way
>> bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I purchased new February
>> 2008 running 32-bit MS Vista Home Premium SP2 box.  I use MS auto updates.
>> I think it has onboard shared memory for video and sound.  My ISP is
>> Comcast 12mbps with Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem direct to
>> computer.  No other switches or routers or wireless or phone line or any
>> other networking hardware hooked up to this computer.

0
Tim

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Access 97 can't resize database window

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Outlook 2003

Office installation and Windows 7

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...