THIS NEWSGROUP HAS BEEN CLOSED - check here for alternatives

(My apologies for using full caps in the subject, but I really want this post
to draw attention).

On July 1, 2010, Microsoft has closed this newsgroup. This means that you
might not be able to make any posts here anymore, and even if you still can,
others won't see your post and you won't get any replies.

It's highly recommended to post your message in one of the Microsoft online
forums instead. There's no forum specifically aimed at Windows Media Player,
but you can go to
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/group/WindowsAnswers
On that page, first click on your version of Windows. Then, go to either the
"Music and Sound", or the "Pictures and Video" forum, depending on the
subject of your post.

Kind regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Alternative to Calendar Control 8.0
I noticed that the Active X Calendar Control 8.0 control is not currently installed on my machines at work, and for now I am assuming that I will NOT be allowed to install it at my highly secure workplace. (I couldnt find it anywhere in the "Additional Controls" area) So.... Does anybody have any bright ideas on how to implement something similar to a calendar control?? I just want an easy way for my users to select a date. Right now we are simply typing a date in a target cell, but I thought it would be nice if we could select dates in a more flexible manner. The...

Programmatically Close Report
Hi. I have a report that, when opened with OpenArgs, prints the number of copies specified in OpenArgs. Shown here: Private Sub Report_Activate() If Len(Report.OpenArgs) > 0 Then DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , acHigh, Report.OpenArgs End If End Sub I'm trying to programmatically close the report if OpenArgs exist. But no mater which method I try (Load, Current, Deactivate, etc), I'm getting the error "Run-time error '2585'. This action can't be carried out while processing a form or report event." Private Sub Report_Deactivate() If L...

Closing a child Dialog when the Mouse button is clicked outside the Parent Dialog
Hai I Have a Parent Dialog and a ChildDialog associated with that and when the mouse is clciked outside the Parent Dialog the child window has to be closed and the parent dialog has to minimized to the taskbar please let me know how to handle this situation Thanks and Regards sures h Are you referring to a dialogs that have Parent/Child relation? The reason I ask is because this is rather unusual. Modeless dialogs are used as children of the frame window as form view. Are you writing something similar to this? "Suresh" wrot...

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

Word 2007, Spell Checking is not working
I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) Check Spelling as you type is - Checked. Why the spelling still not working ? - niladri Please read "Office Word 2007" (not Work..!) "niladri chatterjee" wrote: > I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. > Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. > > Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) > > Check Spell...

Check Box Sizing
Hi, When using check boxes, no matter how much I resize the area, the actual check box itself never gets larger (only the area for a description does). Is there any way to increase the size of the check box so that a larger check mark appears on the worksheet? Thanks, Brad. Brad, If you select "move and size with cell" (on the properties tab) then you can resize the checkbox by increasing the column width and/or row height. Give my regards to Boston. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "beantownbrad" <beantownbrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63B5725-...

Payroll Check comment
Is there a way to include a one time comment/note on payroll checks and direct deposit stubs? When we want to put a message on the check stubs, I go to the correct report in Report Writer and place it on the format of the check and direct deposit. After checks are completed you just need to go back to Report Writer and be sure to remove it. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > Is there a way to include a one time comment/note on payroll checks and > direct deposit stubs? Thanks...i was hoping for a better way like Paybles has. have a great weekend "Eleanor@fac" wrot...

When you open a message (in a new window), and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Word spell check 04-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I skip all repeated words. My documents intentionally use repeat words but the spell checker always stops at each one. The ignore all and the add functions are not available The spelling checker will always stop at repeated words. Your only option is not to use Spelling. Cheers On 21/04/10 4:34 PM, in article 59bb736f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amclean4@officeformac.com" <amclean4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard...

Check for values that are not integer
How can I query a column to check for values that have a decimal value. I want to change the data type of a column in a table but I 1st want to confirm there are no values like 3.24 or any other decimal value. thanks in advance, bob On Aug 27, 9:08=A0pm, "Bob McClellan" <bob...@tricolift.RemoveThis.com> wrote: > How can I query a column to check for values > that have a decimal value. > I want to change the data type of a column > in a table but I 1st want to confirm there are no values > like 3.24 or any other decimal value. > > thanks ...

Outlook sends mail on closing program
On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!! outlook, options, mail setup / send receive, see if there is a check mark on the performa an automatic send/receive on exit "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:475701c3ff5c$5858e200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've > tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any > virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!...

Alternative Mail Collector in Exchange 2007?
Having used Exchange 2003 extesively, I have been making the transition to Exchange 2007 recently and have found the changes in its fundamentals to be exceptional. However, I haven't yet managed to work out if it is possible to use an external mail collector to collect mail from alternative POP3 email accounts as it was in Exch2003. Has anyone had experience with collecting mail from external accounts in Exch 2007 and would be happy to share their findings? Thanks in advance. On 11 Feb 2007 06:06:34 -0800, "Pierce Lynch" <lynch.pierce@googlemail.com> wrote: >Having...

check if programme exist with HWND
Hello NG, so I have a HWND of an application. Sometime it crashes, and so my CopyData runs into unknown space. Is there a possibility to find otu, if an HWND is still alive or if the programme has crashed or was stopped in another way? (I can't find it in Task Manager then). Thanx for help Guido Guido Franzke wrote: > Hello NG, > > so I have a HWND of an application. Sometime it crashes, and so my CopyData > runs into unknown space. > Is there a possibility to find otu, if an HWND is still alive or if the > programme has crashed or was stopped in another way? (I can&...

Check Other User's Calendar Macro
Here is my scenario: I work for a not-for-profit company with no budget for purchasing any new apps or software. We do not have Exchange Server and use Outlook 2002. Two people in the office want to share there calendar info so that they can book appointments without having to always contact each other. We have Windows Server 2003 R2. Is there a macro that would copy user A's calendar to a folder on our server (N:) and have that same calendar accessed by user B? Any information would be greatly appreciated. We have limited technical knowledge and no money to purchase exchange se...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

Passwords not saves for checking emails
I am running Outlook 2002 on Win XP Home, and I cannot get Outlook to save passwords! Every time I select to save the password, it defaults back to not saving the password when I shut Outlook down. Thus, every time I restart Outlook, I enter passwords for the 5 POP3 accounts I am checking. Frustrating. I assume it is a security setting from elsewhere in XP, though can't figure it out! HELP! Thanks, Jaime Andersen andersenj**REMOVE**@comcast.net Jaime Andersen wrote: > I am running Outlook 2002 on Win XP Home, and I cannot > get Outlook to save passwords! Every time I...

newsgroup setting for thunderbird
hi, i have just downloaded thunderbird from mozilla (going by Jim Gordon' suggestion in a post). could someone please help me with the settings? server name, port, an what have you... thanks in advance, mac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Files still left on this newsgroup but can't read
Hi all I've just finished reading all the unread postings on this ng. Before I started there were 5 unread (5 was in bold in brackets) and nothing would bring them up. Now I've gone through there are now 7 that I can't read. Why is that? aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > I've just finished reading all the unread postings on this ng. Before > I started there were 5 unread (5 was in bold in brackets) and nothing > would bring them up. Now I've gone through there are now 7 that I > can't read. Why is that? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup, ...

Can't Post to these newsgroups from MAC
At work I'm using MAC os 9.2 and IE v. ??? When trying to post to these newsgroups, the send button wonk't respond. I can click it all day, but nothing. It doesn't lock up the machine, I can still surf and do what ever else, but can't post. Cancel button does work though. So the only thing I can do is copy everything I've just typed in to a word doc and take it to a Windows machine to post it. Does any body know why? Thank you, Conan Kelly On 12/18/03 17:41, in article 069101c3c5c8$cbf862d0$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Conan Kelly" <anonymous@discussions....

Money still downloading Closed account online information
I have an account (duplicate) marked as 'closed' in Money 2006. However, money is still downloading the online account updates from fidelity. Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening? Thanks ...

GP 9.0 Accounts Payable
Hello, We are on GP 9.0 and we use Safe Pay to transfer our checks to the bank. Question - why are some of my voided checks showing no GL Acct distribution and has no posting date? I verified my vendor card which does have a default GL account and my posting settup also have a default positng account setup. Please advise. If the check was raised with the invoice, the GL accounts would have be showing on the invoices distribution. So if you void the check, the voiding (reversing) GL accounts will show against the invoice. ------ Robert "Cuong" <Cuong@discussions.micr...

Launch a process with topmost and know when it is closed c#
I have a window form with the property topmost =true. Now I launch the process to view a pdf file with Process.Start(...), set myform 's topmost to false and use SetWindowPos to bringtoFront the window launched by process. At this point all ok. but.... Now How to know when the window is closed....??? because I want to reset the topmost of myform to true; C# C# thanks Attasc wrote: > I have a window form with the property topmost =true. > Now I launch the process to view a pdf file with Process.Start(...), > set myform 's topmost to false and use Set...

Error while Calculating Checks
While calculating checks, the system hangs up on the same employee every time and gives me this error message: Unhandled script exception: Inded 0 of array 'Federal Wage Array' is out of range in script 'UPR_CHK_CALC_Process_Pay_Record'. Script terminated Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Many Thanks,, Have seen this before. Remove the employee from the batch. Then check the state tax code on the employee card, the federal tax card and all of the pay code cards. Reset the state code on all of those fields - then re-add the employee to the batch and try to calcul...

Fixing a Closed Batch
I am trying to fix some mistakes in a closed batch. How do I do this?? ...

How can I close of remove the "Favorites Folder"?
I don't care for the Favorites Folder. I use so many of my email folders, it doesn't make sense for me to take up room for a Favorites Folder box. Use the folder list instead - Ctrl+6 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUES...