Stopping media player from downloading information when ripping

I have a lot of old music on cds that I want on my computer and everytime I
pop one in I get this message....Is there a way to stop it from checking
after every disk??

Windows Media Player cannot download media information for the CD. The
tracks,artist, and album will be identified as "Unknown" in your library. For
best results, connect to the internet or manuall ad media information for the
CD.

What version of WMP and Windows?

Try right-clicking the unknown album title in WMP, select Edit, and
enter the correct title. Do you still get the message the next time you
insert this CD?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

ESF36 wrote:
> I have a lot of old music on cds that I want on my computer and everytime I
> pop one in I get this message....Is there a way to stop it from checking
> after every disk??
>

> Windows Media Player cannot download media information for the CD. The
> tracks,artist, and album will be identified as "Unknown" in your library. For
> best results, connect to the internet or manuall ad media information for the
> CD.

0
Tim

Updates stopped
For some reason updates from my bank (WAMU) stopped on 4/3. No useful message. It is the only account that doesn't update and is also the only account that uses the alternate procedure instead of direct polling at update time. Anyone getting this banks updates? Have you contacted your Bank? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message news:e2$wIkQeHHA.3...

Trial Balance Stop Printing
I was just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head why a Trial Balance would stop running after a few pages. For example, I ran a 390 page Trial Balance for a particular company and it printed all the way through. Then I tried to print a 333 page Trial Balance for another company with basically the same parameters and it stopped printing after 30 pages. No error messages or anything. I tried printing it again and it stopped after 33 pages. I then went to the server, launched Great Plains and tried to print the report and it stopped after 16 pages. There is more than suffici...

Money Download #2
I bought and donwnloaded MS Money in Jan 2004. I received a registration code from Microsoft along with the downloaded file. I just formatted my hard drive and tried to reinstall MS Money and it says that the trial version has expired. Where can I get redownload the file so that I can enter my registration code. I appreciate your help. Bill Byrnes In microsoft.public.money, Bill Byrnes wrote: >I bought and donwnloaded MS Money in Jan 2004. I received a registration >code from Microsoft along with the downloaded file. I just formatted my hard >drive and tried to reinstall ...

Important Information about Microsoft
Information about Microsoft =85Visit www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Download from Bank Troubles
I need help. My wife downloaded our statements from our bank online. This is something we have done successfully within Money many times. However, this time there was approximately 4 months worth of transactions and it took several attempts to actually receive the download without Money crashing. We finally did it. The problem is that when we click on "Read Online Statements" or "Transactions to read: 980" the scroll bar loading it finishes and then the program just hangs. The computer's hard drive keeps working (and will continue to do so for up to 20 hours)...

Same-Same Question
A useful forum this........ Especially: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/535.aspx OK, so I stupidly used the free US download in the UK and I now see why I cannot open my Money 2002 UK files as passwords are locked. I do however understand the problem and just need the US software installed I have thus used 3 different PC's for 3 successful trials for the last 6 months but now just want to buy the software to resolve the problem My Barclay bank accounts are updating fine and I only use MSN money for my stock inventory and 2 current accounts, nothing. Digital river via Microsoft ...

After downloading Service Pack 2 Outlook stopped responding
Yesterday I downloaded Service Pack 2 for XP. Everything seemed to be working fine until today. Suddenly Outlook stopped loading. It gets hung up and I am told it is not responding. It takes several tries to get it to shut down. Then when the system asks to send the "error message" to Microsoft, the error message stops responding. I have had to shut down several times and restart, but I still can't get my Outlook to open...and I need to get an important phone number! Any suggestions? ...

Downloading 2 credit card accounts from same bank?
Hello. I'm back again among the experts and hope you come through for me as usual. I'm giving MS Money Plus Deluxe Version 17.0.120.1415 trial version a test spin, and for the most part I'm loving it. However, I have 2 credit cards with one bank, and Money is only downloading one account and not the other...even when I've changed to the other account and downloaded (or so it says) the information. However, when I click on the Account List, the download is there alright, but only the name of the bank with no account, transactions or amount listed (except 0.00). Can someon...

"On Slow Connections Download Only Headers" Doesn't works
Server: Win2003 + Exchange2003 + RAS (VPN Acces) Client: WinXP SP2 + Outlook2003 Usually when I connect to the LAN status bar shows "Connected". When I use GPRS or Dial-up + VPN and I have checked in Outlook "On Slow Connections Download Only Headers" than the connection status been rightly detected slow connections speed (less than 128Kbs) and shows "Connected (Headers)". It is one month ago when this function last works. Now I must select manually "Download Headers". I don't really know what was happened with this function. I have installed ...

Media List Pane sort
Is there anyway to change the default 'by Title' to 'by File Name'? On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:35:32 -0400, "Theo" <Theoleo54@optonline.net> wrote: >Is there anyway to change the default 'by Title' to 'by File Name'? You mean the Playlist panel ? Click the small dropdown on the top-right (on WMP12 this is to the right of the green 'Play To' icon) Then choose Sort ... By File name to order the playlist by that instead of title HTH Cheers - Neil ------------------------------------------------ Digital Media MVP : 2004-201...

Please make it stop!
I'm a Quicken user and dont want to use Money. When I download my staements from my bank or credit card co. Money automatically converts it to a Money file or at least wont let me save it as a Quicken file. How do I make it stop? In the past when I've uninstalled MS programs it has caused my computer to become unstable. And don't tell me to use Money!!! This is one more reason I hate MS.!!!!!!!!! In microsoft.public.money, Dave B. wrote: >I'm a Quicken user and dont want to use Money. When I >download my staements from my bank or credit card co. >Money autom...

Download #1: World's Major Stock Exchanges Tracker Chart
Hi Friends, In quest to learn MS Excel VBA/VSTO Programming, I've made a useful utility for all of excel users and stock investors. This utility helps individuals to track their markets for analysis and information purposes. I've covered around 12 major stock indexes as mentioned below. 1. Dow Jones 2. NASDAQ 3. BSE 30 4. DAX 30 5. CAC 40 6. FTSE 100 7. Nikkei 225 8. ASX 200 9. NSE 50 10. Hangseng 11. Shanghai Composite Index 12. STRAIT Index and then there are sectorial indices, midcap and all other major and relevant indexes are contained in respective Microsoft ...

how do i print labels using excell information
how do i print labels using excell information If you have Word, do a mail merge and use the excel file as the data source. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ricoh danielson wrote: > > how do i print labels using excell information -- Dave Peterson ...

GPO needed to stop and disable a service
Hi all, We are running a Windows 2003 domain and I would like to know if anyone can help we with a GPO to *Stop and Disable* the "Help and Support" service? TIA, Clayton On 22/06/2010 14:56, Clayton Sutton wrote: > Hi all, > > We are running a Windows 2003 domain and I would like to know if anyone can > help we with a GPO to *Stop and Disable* the "Help and Support" service? Sure: Create a new GPO (or use an existing one if applicable to the computers you're wanting to apply it to), and navigate to Computer Configuration -...

During change username in Outlook account, Exchange don't ask me any information #2
When I change the username in Outlook (all versions) with an Exchange 2003 account, the server doesn't ask me new user information, as domain or password. In this way I could connect to other mailboxes, be sufficient I have the username only. How I connect to the server with another username and how Exchange is be able to ask me correct informations? ...

Downloading .xls files
I am writing a spreadsheet program and will offer it for sale in a downloadable form. Being an executable, I am concerned if I will have trouble with my customers being able to receive the file past their companies firewalls. Any advice? Thanks! -- PROINWV Zip it up for download. Ian "proinwv" <proinwv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73ECD9B7-72F8-405C-B5A6-475F57D39C7F@microsoft.com... >I am writing a spreadsheet program and will offer it for sale in a > downloadable form. > > Being an executable, I am concerned if I will have trouble with...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so #2
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

how do you delete database information from access first screen
i am a new learner and have numerous database information in access (on the front page) and want to delete some of them (some of them are saved on my computer and some on drive (E/F), i want to delete some of them, does anyone know how? On the front screen on my access program... anyone know? Please do not cross-post like this. Your original post has already been answered. See: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.access&p=1&tid=469f3759-76dd-4286-ba82-c6060f9ebdbb -- Hope ...

Media Sharing 12-07-09
I am trying to move the current media from my Windows XP driven PC to my PS3 wirelessly on the same wireless network. The Windows Media 11 recognizes the PS3 device, but would not permit me to "Allow" the PS3 to media share. Can someone help??? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:13:01 -0800, Kenny <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to move the current media from my Windows XP driven PC to my PS3 >wirelessly on the same wireless network. The Windows Media 11 recognizes the >PS3 device, but would not p...

media play goes away when playing cd/dvd
acts like it starting then disappears.... plays installation disks etc... -- JJ ...

One database on SQL2000 stops responding until optimization
I have a SQL 2000 SP4 server on a W2003 SP2 server. The SQL server has about a dozen databases on it each a few GB to 20 GB and one database that is about 100 GB which is having an issue hanging up randomly. The databases are on a 600 GB RAID 5 array with over 450 GB free so there is plently of free space. Also, the DB maintenance plan that runs weekly on all DBs is set to optimize and increase free space to 10%. This dababase has about a dozen tables in it and holds test results from a propriatery program an engineer wrote in the program Labview. Most tables have fields l...

Delete table information
Hi have a form with a subform where I input item numbers. This saves to a table where I use those inputted item numbers in a query. This works fine. On the form I have a clear table button, (that dosen't work yet) where I would like to clear the table of the information and the person can enter in new items? Now would this be an append query by chance? Or what would be the best way to do this? Thanks in advance. Ryan Ryan, Run a Delete query... DELETE tblItemNumbers.* FROM tblItemNumbers; That will delete everything in your table. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access...

How do I stop CNA typed in an Excel cell becoming CAN by itself?
On a spreadsheet listing my shares, one is Centrica plc, EPIC code CNA. I type CNA in the cell for the EPIC code, but when I hit Enter it becomes CAN. It seems to do this in all cells, but if I enter xCNA, press Enter, then edit it to remove the x, it stays as CNA. Either disable the AutoCorrect option or remove the relevant entry fro AutoCorrect. richard1943 Wrote: > On a spreadsheet listing my shares, one is Centrica plc, EPIC code CNA > I > type CNA in the cell for the EPIC code, but when I hit Enter it become > CAN. > It seems to do this in all cells, but if I enter xC...

Downloading images from URLs using vba
I have an Excel sheet with vba code that grabs an image from the internet and inserts it onto the sheet. For example, there's an image of clothing at http://www.gap.com/resources/productImage/v1/770868002/P01 (which I can see when I paste the URL into my browser bar). To insert the image into my workbook, I use code like this: Sub AddImage() Dim thePix As Shape Dim imageURL As String Dim wks As Worksheet Dim pasteBelowCell As Range Set wks = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1) Set pasteBelowCell = wks.Range("D8") imageURL = "http://www.gap.com/resources/pro...

Downloaded details from Bank Of America
Hi, I'm using Money 2005, and downloading transactions from my Bank of America account. Money downloads the transactions OK, but does not grab all of the transaction description from the bank. The details from the bank website seem too much for Money, and it truncates them. Bank Of America (using questionable judgement) has about 3 lines of text for each and every transaction posted using a check card. The first couple of lines are useless because they are common for most transactions. Money 2005 only seems to grab the first 20-30 characters of the description, and does not captur...