Sorting songs

i have windows xp pro service pack 3, windows media player version
11.0.5721.5268, is there anyway to stop WMP from breaking up my folders into
separate albums? I recorded all my cds into folders and WMP keeps breaking
them into separate albums.

thanks for any help in the matter,

brian

For WMP to group tracks as part of the same album, all these tracks need
to have the same value set for both the Album Title and Album Artist
fields. To change these fields, right-click the track(s) and select
Advanced Tag Editor.

If WMP still alters these fields after you have manually edited them, go
to WMP's Options - Library, and either disable "Retrieve additional
information from the Internet" completely, or select "Only add missing
information".

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 28/04/2010 5:11, brian5028 wrote:
> i have windows xp pro service pack 3, windows media player version
> 11.0.5721.5268, is there anyway to stop WMP from breaking up my folders into
> separate albums? I recorded all my cds into folders and WMP keeps breaking
> them into separate albums.
>
> thanks for any help in the matter,
>
> brian
0
Tim

Thumbnail pictures in cells don't sort with rest of row
Hi- We use Excel for student grades here and we like to print the pictures of each student in their assigned small group. These small groups change membership frequently and the "Sort" function in excel is an easy way to keep track of which student is assigned to ehich small group tutor. I've placed a small thumbnail photograph of each student into a column "PHOTO". The thumbnails have been converted to "picture metafile" format and are entirely contained within the cell. Each picture property is set to "Move, but don't resize". Tools->Optio...

Reminders Fail on Messages Sorted to Favorite Folder -- HELP
I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing mail sorts itself into folders to help me keep track. However, I've found that any incoming message in one of these folders for which I set up an alert/reminder -- will fail to notify me with a reminder. Alerts set on messages in the inbox work no problem -- it's only the alert failure on messages sorted to a specific box that fail. Any help with this GREATLY appreciated! Paul <lindy_ngo_spam_corp@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing &...

Any way to sort by subject and just select the parent subject?
I'm needing to make a filter that will show all items under a couple parent subjects. Right now it looks like I would have to manually add all the child subjects as well. Is there a way to just select the parent subjects and not have to also select the child subjects? ...

Can Excel sort rows by color?
I want to sort a spreadsheet by the color of the rows. Here's a website that will help you accomplish this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm tj "Grant" wrote: > I want to sort a spreadsheet by the color of the rows. Grant, have a look here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

SORTING BY "text"
I have hit uppon another problem which is as follows:- My banking transactions are set out on excel as follows: Date Source Amount 24-Nov-03 TESCO STORE 2387 DALKEITH $191.61 17-Oct-03 MARKS & SPENCER EDINBURGH 291 $28.00 etc. etc. What I would like to do is work out how much money the wife has spen at various outlets. For example how much has she spent at "TESCO" ove a set period of time like a month. Is there some way or formula of identlfying every time a certian wor appears in a range of cells eg. "Te...

Song BPM (Beats per minute) algorithm for VB6?
I'm looking for some kind of algorithm for being able to read MP3, WMA and similar files on the fly and determine the beats per minute of a song. Something like the Abyssmedia BPM Counter which works superfast: http://www.abyssmedia.com/download.shtml Does anybody have any kind of sourcecode that can do this? Doing that by source code yourself is quite annoying and lots of code. You could use "BASS" from un4seen.com "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hr629f$3ro$2@news.eternal-september.org... > I'm looking f...

sort by date #2
I am trying to sort by date where formatting is 'yyyymmdd' and the months are December, January, February, and March. The months need to show in the above order. Thanks for helping with this.. Create a helper column with a ranking as you see fit such as =IF(MONTH(G1)+1=13,1,MONTH(G1)+1) and sort by the helper column. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Red" <Red@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFDAB427-51F1-4B73-9591-09DDEE8B2E43@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by date where formatting is 'yyyymmdd' > and the months are December, January,...

Sort by state AND time zone?!
Calling all creative Excel users! I have client phone numbers in an Excel report, and want to somehow link the phone number to its time zone--and then sort the report by time zones! The purpose is to be able to assign outbound calls to staff at different times of the day, depending on time zone we are reaching I'm possibly an advanced beginner in the user of Excel, so don't be afraid to be VERY detailed in your suggestion for a formula! I don't know how to use pivot tables, by the way.. Many thanks Kay Provided you can find a list of area codes/time zones, you could use ano...

Sorting hidden columns
PP 2007 Why doesn't a Sort sort what is also included in Hidden Columns? Provide more details about what you have in what columns, what columns are hidden, what your sort parameters are, what you do when you sort, what happens when you sort, and what you want to happen when you sort. I tried sorting a number of columns, with some columns hidden, and all sorted correctly. HTH Otto "zyzzyva" <zyzzyva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D77EA68-BF4C-4728-B908-4F784190340D@microsoft.com... > PP 2007 > > Why doesn't a Sort sort ...

How can I sort my contacts in Outlook 07 alphabetically
In Outlook 07 I am trying to sort my contacts by last name alphabetically - can't seem to figure out out to do this. Need help. View->Current View->Customize Current View; Press 'Sort' and 'Sort items by' then... --- Sergei "cbrock" <cbrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56942413-6297-4231-A85D-BAA568BD9E3F@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 07 I am trying to sort my contacts by last name > alphabetically - > can't seem to figure out out to do this. Need help. click on Tools, Options, Contact Options - then you can ch...

Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't find the answer to this.. I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible. Any help appreciated! Thanks, -- Rob Hi Terri and Rob, You could include the JavaScript (Bookmarklet) within your HTML cod...

Sorting by Item Description and then Item ID?
Hello: A GP 10.0 client wants to be able to have the Inventory Item Description appear in the Inventory Items lookup window but have the window sort in order of Inventory Item ID. So, the first column would be the Inventory Item ID and the lookup window would be sorted by this. But, the third column would have GP’s Item Description appear. Is it possible to accomplish this using Modifier with VBA? Thanks! childofthe1980s get smartfill from rocktonsoftware "childofthe1980s" <childofthe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B3B5B5A-1266-4174-91FC-5D7...

Why have I got some repeating rows after a Excel 2003 sort
I copied and sorted an existing worksheet which had been obtained from an unknown source. I found some of the rows were duplicated after the sort, but with the number column showing different results from the original row and not formatted. The original worksheet had no duplicates. Why would this happen? I have used older versions of Excel for years and this has never happened before. Hi jayne are you sure there were no hidden rows in the original data? Cheers JulieD "Jayne" <Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C7F6BE-EE34-434A-B829-68B2FA6C4AD2@...

Flag sorting
Hi I create a custome toolbar when i give different name for my flag. When i sort by the flag colum i still get Flag status red Flag status Blue etc... Is there a way to show the name of the flag instead of the color??? Thank No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Luc" <l@.com> wrote in message news:uMwcV2CkEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I create a custome toolbar when i give different name for my ...

Sorting #13
I want to sort from cell a1 to a10 by selecting them and choose sort ascending. However, only the cell a2-a10 are sorted, and cell a1 is leaving out every time I do this. Is there is bug in my excel or something? You have " header row" selected. Do this: Data> Sort > select "No header row" -- Regards, "Richard" wrote: > I want to sort from cell a1 to a10 by selecting them and choose sort > ascending. However, only the cell a2-a10 are sorted, and cell a1 is leaving > out every time I do this. Is there is bug in my excel or something...

help on sort
Hello I have a sheet contains data in colum A to G and I keep on adding dat below it. I want to run a macro to sort the data. I need a macro t find the last row and do the sorting on column C. Hope you got what need. Thanks Tom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If there's no other data on your worksheet, you could just sort A:G. with worksheets("sheet1").range("a:g") .sort key1:=.columns(3), order1:=xlascending, header:=xlno end with if you can use a column to determine the last used row (I used A in my example): With Worksheets("sheet1&...

Sorting queue names in workplace
Has anybody found a way to get the queue names sorted in the Workplace list. Seems the sequence is totally random. We have quite a long list of queues (15) and would definitely benefit from an alphabetic list. ketil Not the full answer, but maybe there is a clue here: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6007dd8e-bbdf-487a-85f1-630a9b6920dd&dg=microsoft.public.crm -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user "ketilsam" wrote: > Has anybody found a way to get the queue names sorted in the Workplace > list. Seems the sequenc...

How to protect data in rows from being seperated during sort
I have a huge spreadsheet that needs to be sorted a million times but several people. The problem is that during some of the sorts they don't always grab the whole row and the data then gets scrambled. how can I protect the sheet so that the rows can be moved and sorted and edited but the data within the rows always stays together If your sheet is not too dynamic, and tends to stay the same size, then simply create a named range. Select *all* the rows and columns concerned. Click in the "Name box", and enter a short appropriate name, like "sort" (no quotes), an...

Excel 2007 Pivot table's Report filter fields value sorting
Hi, I have an excel sheet with huge data in a pivot table and some report filters for the pivot table. but the list for each report filter is not sorted. how do i get a sorted list for each report filter. Any help would be appreciated. thnx in advance Hi Drag the field to the Row area. Click the dropdown on Row Fields>select the field you have just dragged there>More sort options>click Ascending Now drag the field back to the Report Filter area -- Regards Roger Govier "Amigo" <Amigo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60F5A33F-0F57-4E32-B621-5...

Desktop Icon Sorting
Why can't I get my Desktop Icons to actually Sort by name? No matter what I attempt I end up with the following Alphabetical Sorting: ande, computer, network, inernet explorer, control panel, recycle bin, acrobat, e-sword, faststone image, google, jasc paint, life-frame, nero home, open office, peachtree, quick time, sony, virtual, clip, documents, e-sword tutorial, folder, john's, microsoft, solitare, windows As you can see, this is far from being sorted alphabetically. It jumps from 'r to a' and 'v to c'. What is Vista actually sorting on? Than...

How to exclude header row from sort button sorts?
I have a large spread sheet that I like to sort alot of different ways using the sort buttons on the tool bar. I know how to use the Data - Sort function and selecting header row or not. I want Excel to remember I have a Header Row when I use the toolbar buttons. It used to remember, but somehow it doesn't anymore? How can I make this always work? I find Excel will rcognize a header row if the cells in that row are formatted to Bold or Underline or some other format that will distinguish it from the cells below. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:15:03 -0800, "JCabo&...

sort equal groups of data
hi, i need a help in this, plz i got this list, id like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this, p.ex (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups of data) LG-0060-0703 MT 6 LG-0060-0703 CX 6 LG-0060-0703 MT 1 LG-0060-1003 MT 6 LG-0060-1003 CX 6 LG-0060-1003 MT 1 LG-0060-1203 MT 6 LG-0060-1203 CX 6 LG-0060-1203 MT 1 LG-0060-2003 MT 6 LG-0060-2003 CX 6 LG-0060-2003 MT 1 LG-0060-3003 MT 6 LG-0060-3003 CX 6 LG-0060-3003 MT 1 LG-0060-4003 MT 6 LG-0060-4003 CX 6 LG-0060-4003 MT 1 LG-0100018 UN 1 i appreciate your help thanks Not certain what...

Sorting in Pivot Tables
Please help. I have a pivot table that displays 07 data vs 08 data. 2007 2008 CATAGORY1 SUBCATAGORY SALES SALES SUBCATAGORY1 10000 9000 SUBCATAGORY2 0 500 SUBCATAGORY2 500 10 CATAGORY1 Total 10500 9510 SUBCATAGORY1 1000 6000 SUBCATAGORY2 20000 800 SUBCATAGORY2 50 0 CATAGORY2 Total 21050 6800 The above is exactly how it want to be displayed... first sort the main catagories by the totals of the 08 sales descending, then, within those, sort the subcatagories by the 08 sales descending. Everytim...

Sorting dates in Excel
It should be easy.. but I just can't figure this out. My employees vacation and sick time are accrued bi-annually according to their hire date. I want to create a list that will help me manually update vacation and sick time, a list sorted by the month and day the employees were hired. I can export a list of employees and hire dates to excel. I want to sort the list by hire date, treating the hire date alphanumerically for the sort. In other words, I want to sort a hire date of February 10, 2006 (02/10/2006) BEFORE a hire date of December 14, 2001 (12/14/2001). I've tried to c...

Taking data from a row moving it to another row and sorting it.
I have a worksheet that outputs totals to row F columns 10-20. I would like to be able to automatically transfer these outputs to Row B columns 10-20 and automatically and sort in ascending order. Is this possible? ...