Remove music files from disk, but want to remain in library & devi

Running WMP11 on an XP box with small hard drive.

Got a Sony Walkman - been ripping in lossless format and downloading same to
device. I want to remove the rather big set of WMA files (from my box) after
in WMP library and not have songs removed from the Walkman.

Don't want to invest in bigger, or external, hard drive as I'm getting a new
PC soon.

How do I "fool", or configure, WMP so it doesn't remove corresponding files
from my walkman after I delete same on hard drive (which it tends to do when
I sync up)?

As an FYI, I was able to do this successfully with four albums until I
updated "monitor folders" and it did a fresh update/sync - at which time it
deleted the 4 albums from my walkman.

automatically naming files for savingb

How to get a macro to do what i want?
I have designed a form in Excel and the data that is inputted i want to be able to save in a separate worksheet. The problem i am having is that eveytime i record the macro, it over writes the same row each time (if that makes sense). For example if i copied every cell in the form and paste them into the database Row 1, i then want the new piece of information inputted into the form to go into Row 2 and then Row 3 etc.... But it keeps going into Row 1, it wouldnt move down the rows. Hopefully this makes sense to someone and someone can give me some advise. Calculate the last row ...

Removing hidden mailto:s from Excel?
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. What terms would she use to search for these pests, either in My Docs or on opening each sheet? ...

I want to read,but:
The web display: Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. could you tell how to access another web like this? "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:eDQ5RlJmEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The web display: > Directory Listing Denied > This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. > could you tell how to access another web like this? > > looks like the link got wrapped, you may have to copy it out and put it back together... or you could try this: http://tinyurl.com/3mtvv ...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Disk Defrag (Not DB defreag w/ eseutil)
I'm planning on doing a disk defragment on the volume which contains my Exchange DB's & logs - I know they should be on different volumes but since I didn't build the machine I'll live with it. My concern is the amount of reads and writes that take place during a disk defragment. I am planning on doing the defrag overnight when there is far less usage, but I was not planning on taking the Exchange stores offline. Does anyone have experience performing a defrag while exchange is running? If so would you mind sharing your experience? The last thing I need is to have to rec...

removing history
Hello If you remove a customer's transaction history, period history, journal history, and distribution history, can you then delete that customer even if they have previous-year transactions? Thanks! childofthe1980s How can the customer have prior-year transactions if you remove the history? -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello > > If you remove a customer's transaction history, period history, journal > history, and distribution history, can you then delete that customer even if > they have previous-year transactions? > &g...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Removing Hyphens from a Number
I have a huge database of numbers (several thousand) with hyphens in them and I want to remove the hyphens in some automated fashion. For instance: 42-291-32455 change to 4229132455 Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a formula to put number in an adjacent cell =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Trebor249 >" <<Trebor249.zxxy0@excelforum-nos...

I want to add scroll bar functionality in my screen capture utility
hi all, i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll the image. please help me thanks & regards shoeb shoeb ali wrote: > hi all, > i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and > allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality > in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll > the image. please ...

"Do you want to save changes" not working...
I copied an excel chart into powerpoint as "Excel Chart (entire workbook)" so that it would not have any links to the orginal worksheet. When I then go in to edit the data the changes are made to the chart however if I close the powerpoint presentation it does not ask me if I want to save my changes, and when I reopen the presentation the chart goes back to the orginal data. If I consciously save the presentation before closing it, the changes made, however I'm afraid I might close it without remembering to save it since I'm not prompted. Is this a problem wi...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Removing Special Characters
Hello, I exported to Excel 2003 my Outlook Calendar and now I have a lot of odd little square characters that I cannot remove. Any suggestions please? Thank you! Cathy "Cathy Landry" wrote: > I exported to Excel 2003 my Outlook Calendar > and now I have a lot of odd little square characters > that I cannot remove. Any suggestions please? Refer to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP030561311033.aspx. Basically, you can use CLEAN to remove nonprinting characters with ASCII codes 0-31. But I suspect the nonprinting characters you are seeing (hm...

want to display number when = zero
Hello, I am creating a report but find problem in number display when the value = 0. When I've amended the format as "#,##0.00", it was automatically changed to "Standard" and displayed blank on report preview. Kindly please advise what should I do in order to display as 0.00 or 0 instead. Many thanks. Try this: #,##0.00;-#,##0.00;0;; -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Mary" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:e6$NPk%23iHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, I am creating a report but find problem in number display when the ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...

jpg files
I have had several users experiencing problems opening pictures from Outlook 2000. Their O/S is XP Pro. Any ideas? Thank You, Jamie ...

Reinstall without a disk
I downloaded Microsoft Money 2007 from Microsoft.com. When I purchased it I didn't order a back-up CD. Now I'm getting the following message: A file need to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, reinstall Money and reopen your Money file. Where can I re-install if I don't have a CD? In microsoft.public.money, MarkH wrote: >I downloaded Microsoft Money 2007 from Microsoft.com. When I purchased it I >didn't order a back-up CD. Now I'm getting the following message: > >A file need to run the Planner is either missing o...

Copying Very Large files
Would there be any performance gain if we used win2008R2 rather than Windows 7 at each end for copying large(2-5GB batches). -- Craig On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:56:55 -0600, "News" <nf@no.com> wrote: >Would there be any performance gain if we used win2008R2 rather than >Windows 7 at each end for copying large(2-5GB batches). > >-- Craig > I doubt it but the performance will differ in ways that depend upon the file size not just the total bytes. You may find some clues in http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/02/04/28261...

Web link to Excel 97 file
I've got a link to an Excel '97 file from a ColdFusion page. The link works fine the first time I click it. However, if I close the file down and click the link again, I get a message saying 'Cars.xls is being modified by (my user name). Would you like to open as read only?' I can open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, even when I'm not modifying it? I've had other users try and it works the same way for them, except it tells them they're the one currently modifying it. We're using Internet Explorer 5.5 and Windows 20...