Not getting album title list

I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes
to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title
listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when
I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has
'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to
reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to
download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news,
can't downgrade. Help please ... (Sorry I thought that I posted this same
issue yesterday but cannot find it now)
bruce

using windows vista sp2 with media player 11.0.6002.18111

"brucef" wrote:

> I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes
> to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title
> listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when
> I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has
> 'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to
> reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to
> download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news,
> can't downgrade. Help please ... (Sorry I thought that I posted this same
> issue yesterday but cannot find it now)
> bruce

Hmm, I replied to your post in the "No album info on WMP11 when ripping
cd" topic, but it doesn't seem to appear at Microsoft Discussions, so
here's my reply again:

When using Find Album Info, have you gone through all the steps to apply
the album information? After clicking Finish in the last step, do you
see any changes on the tracks?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other issue (about the CD
Inserted notification). I suggest that you repost this in the Vista
Music and Sound forum at
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/threads

Also note that this newsgroup is closing really soon (it could even be
within the next 24 hours).

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 1/07/2010 0:08, brucef wrote:
> using windows vista sp2 with media player 11.0.6002.18111
>
> "brucef" wrote:
>
>> I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes
>> to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title
>> listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when
>> I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has
>> 'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to
>> reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to
>> download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news,
>> can't downgrade. Help please ... (Sorry I thought that I posted this same
>> issue yesterday but cannot find it now)
>> bruce

0
Tim
6/30/2010 11:37:50 PM
OK, I see the Album and track info in Find Album Info, found 'Edit this
information manually', clicked through Done and Finish.  Still did not update
the track list. Even after removing and reinserting the CD to reset it.

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> Hmm, I replied to your post in the "No album info on WMP11 when ripping
> cd" topic, but it doesn't seem to appear at Microsoft Discussions, so
> here's my reply again:
>
> When using Find Album Info, have you gone through all the steps to apply
> the album information? After clicking Finish in the last step, do you
> see any changes on the tracks?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other issue (about the CD
> Inserted notification). I suggest that you repost this in the Vista
> Music and Sound forum at
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/threads
>
> Also note that this newsgroup is closing really soon (it could even be
> within the next 24 hours).
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> On 1/07/2010 0:08, brucef wrote:
> > using windows vista sp2 with media player 11.0.6002.18111
> >
> > "brucef" wrote:
> >
> >> I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes
> >> to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title
> >> listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when
> >> I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has
> >> 'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to
> >> reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to
> >> download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news,
> >> can't downgrade. Help please ... (Sorry I thought that I posted this same
> >> issue yesterday but cannot find it now)
> >> bruce
> >>
> .

I do not see any actions that allow me to 'apply the album info' from the
'Find Album Info' window. How do I do this ?

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> Hmm, I replied to your post in the "No album info on WMP11 when ripping
> cd" topic, but it doesn't seem to appear at Microsoft Discussions, so
> here's my reply again:
>
> When using Find Album Info, have you gone through all the steps to apply
> the album information? After clicking Finish in the last step, do you
> see any changes on the tracks?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other issue (about the CD
> Inserted notification). I suggest that you repost this in the Vista
> Music and Sound forum at
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/threads
>
> Also note that this newsgroup is closing really soon (it could even be
> within the next 24 hours).
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> On 1/07/2010 0:08, brucef wrote:
> > using windows vista sp2 with media player 11.0.6002.18111
> >
> > "brucef" wrote:
> >
> >> I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes
> >> to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title
> >> listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when
> >> I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has
> >> 'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to
> >> reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to
> >> download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news,
> >> can't downgrade. Help please ... (Sorry I thought that I posted this same
> >> issue yesterday but cannot find it now)
> >> bruce
> >>
> .

First, try clearing the album info cache: in WMP's Options, go to
Privacy and click the Clear Caches button.

If that doesn't help, then you probably have a corrupted media library.
To reset it, follow the instructions for WMP 11 on Vista at
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary
Note that resetting the library will make you lose all current play
counts, and possibly ratings too.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 1/07/2010 3:53, brucef wrote:
> OK, I see the Album and track info in Find Album Info, found 'Edit this
> information manually', clicked through Done and Finish.  Still did not update
> the track list. Even after removing and reinserting the CD to reset it.
>

> "Tim De Baets" wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I replied to your post in the "No album info on WMP11 when ripping
>> cd" topic, but it doesn't seem to appear at Microsoft Discussions, so
>> here's my reply again:
>>
>> When using Find Album Info, have you gone through all the steps to apply
>> the album information? After clicking Finish in the last step, do you
>> see any changes on the tracks?
>>
>> Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other issue (about the CD
>> Inserted notification). I suggest that you repost this in the Vista
>> Music and Sound forum at
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/threads
>>
>> Also note that this newsgroup is closing really soon (it could even be
>> within the next 24 hours).
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Tim De Baets
>> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>>
>> On 1/07/2010 0:08, brucef wrote:
>>> using windows vista sp2 with media player 11.0.6002.18111

>> .

0
Tim

All Task bars gone How do I get them back?
All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen disappeared. I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on the name but I can not Open a document inside word. I have never seen anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone. How do I get them back. http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

Getting the longest string

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > Check this out > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OoSFMGZhGHA.12...

Job Listing- VC++ MFC with Isofttech
Position: Technical Lead Experience: VC++/C++ with MFC Good to have: Wireless 802.11 Skills & Windows development experience. 5-6 years of experience. Work Location: Chennai Education: BE/B Tech, ME/M Tech ( CS,IT,ECE,EEE) Do send in your CV to sridhar.doss@consultniche.com thanks s.doss niche consulting ...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

What is the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system.
I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system. I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Bob Robert J. Stevens wrote: > I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid > COA/License for a XP SP1 system. > I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Not sure you can, anymore - for Windows XP. Assuming you are doing this because it is counterfeit/bad... http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart ...

Get paid to surf
Surfjunky pays up to .75$ per hour you surf, no limit to how long you surf. I've had an account for 2 days now, and i've let it sit and i've raked in 27$ http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=Etra1n ...

How to get device name?
Hello all: I want to know all the name of devices in my PC, because I want to open them using API CreateFile and test it, how to do?thanks. Hi, what you want do by meanin "test it"? You cant open all devices with the API CreateFile (for several reasons). Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#vVH#JkqKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP0...

I have a problem with getting a total Sum of numbers (URGENT)
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Microsoft Office XP system. I a trying to develop a minor league baseball schedule, but am having som problems. I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give everyone some idea o what I'm doing here. I have where the fans list the "RUNS, HITS & ERRORS) of both teams an for each game of the series. I then have it set up in the TOTA WON/LOST column where if the T-Bones RUNS are more than the SALTDOG runs, a "1" appears in the WON column. If the SALTDOGS have a highe numbe...

Image List
Hello All I Need To Get The Path Of The Image Saved In An Image List Any One Know How Thanks Start Run Browse to the field Select view all field types Select open Cut the path from the box Close run Be aware the you will have extra "" around the path (just in case you are using the path in a code) Good luck -- Wayne Manchester, England. "RABEA" wrote: > Hello All > > I Need To Get The Path Of The Image Saved In An Image List > > Any One Know How > > Thanks > > > I'm not sure whether this info is retained but even if it ...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

CObarray and list
Can any one give me some pointeres? I have a CObArray, say, with 4 items. I have a list box, of which the content is generated from the string variables of the 4 items. The list box is sorted alphabetically. When a users clicks on an item in the list box, what's the best way to reference back to the original array, i.e which array has been selected? I can't use GetCurSel() as the list box is sorted alphabetically. I can't do a direct comparison either as the list items are generated from a bunch of variables within each array object. In some cases, it may be possible for dupli...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

Can't get at downloaded transactions
While Money was going through it's online update I also was in the process of requesting a download of transactions from a bank which uses web statements rather than direct statements. Somehow things must have gotten out of sync so that now Money is showing I have 19 transactions from this institution to review (which is correct) but it doesn't present me with anything to review when I'm in that account. I've tried re-downloading from the bank but that doesn't help. Any ideas how I can access the downloaded transactions? In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote: &...

need help with list box?
Hi I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a few columns. I am new to excel programming. For example. I have a list of colors (red, green, blue) that I want to go under the Color column. how can I allow the user to click on a pulldown or list box similar to ms access for each cell. thanks in advance. Hi you could use 'Data - Validation'. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a >few columns. >I am new to exc...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

How do i get send/receive back
-- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA7F81D0-A97A-4265-8676-82A0CDC143FA@microsoft.com... > ...

MSN account list
How come I can't get a CASH account to show up in MSN. I want to enter transaction on MSN site from work and on the road, and sync them when I get home. ...

getting consolidate list of "follow up" items
Dear All, I would like to get a consolidated list of items (sent and received mails)that have matured - i.e. whose follow up time is up. I have the habit of tagging a sent mail (after actually sending) for follow up. Similarly, mails received are also tagged for my further action (for follow up). Would appreciate a consolidated follow up report generation way - rather that opening each folder and looking for mature items (i.e. red). Thanks in advance. Sanjay ...

list view problems
hi all basically I have a few questions CListViews that I'm trying to use: 1. are the rows uniform in height, and rowheight cant be adjusted? 2. How can I set column width as per my wish. i tried SetColumnWidth and LVCOLUMN structure 3. is there a setting so users cannot resize the column or in other words make column width fixed? Thanks a lot. Harish 1. There are several ways by which you can set the row height of a list control. Create an owner-draw list control and handle the WM_MEASUREITEM message, and set the itemHeight attribute of LPMEASUREITEM struct. Create a C...

C#, .net 3.5sp1 and Visual Studio 2008 sp1 errors list
What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with Visual Studio 2008sp1? "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23tmIzu4vKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? e Why would you expect any? On the face of it vs 2008 sp1 will target .Net framework 3.5 sp1 by default. Andy B. wrote: > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? That all depends on what ki...