No audio with WMP 11

I'm running XP SP3 with WMP 11.  Everything was working fine earlier, but I
noticed today that I suddenly have no audio at all from it.  Nada!  No matter
what kinds of files I try to play, even .WAV.  Other players (Real Player for
example) that will play files associated with WMP have no problems with audio.
Wave clips play when I open and close XP with no problem.  Volume is up on WMP
and the sound isn't muted.  Everything else that's supposed to produce sound
does.  WMP doesn't, although it handles video as usual.  DirectX version is
9.0c.  XP updates are current.

Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Larc
0
Larc

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:30:16 -0400, I wrote:

| I'm running XP SP3 with WMP 11.  Everything was working fine earlier, but I
| noticed today that I suddenly have no audio at all from it.  Nada!  No matter
| what kinds of files I try to play, even .WAV.  Other players (Real Player for
| example) that will play files associated with WMP have no problems with audio.
| Wave clips play when I open and close XP with no problem.  Volume is up on WMP
| and the sound isn't muted.  Everything else that's supposed to produce sound
| does.  WMP doesn't, although it handles video as usual.  DirectX version is
| 9.0c.  XP updates are current.
|
| Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Problem solved!  For some mysterious reason, WMP had decided to switch its
output to the ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio installed with a
recent video driver rather than the default sound card.  When I disabled the ATI
audio driver, WMP audio output reverted to the sound card.

Is there any way to specify where the WMP output goes?  If it's going to start
latching onto things other than the chosen default audio device, there should be
some way of controlling it other than by disabling what it's outputting to.  It
may take a notion to grab onto something I don't want to disable.

Larc
0
Larc
6/27/2010 6:04:39 PM
Goto "Tools" menu then "options" and then "devices". Under devices click
Speakers and properties. In the drop down menu select your output device
instead of disabling it from device manager.
Hope it helps. Good Luck!
--
Vanshaj Daga
vanshajdaga2002net@hotmail.com

"Larc" wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:30:16 -0400, I wrote:
>
> | I'm running XP SP3 with WMP 11.  Everything was working fine earlier, but I
> | noticed today that I suddenly have no audio at all from it.  Nada!  No matter
> | what kinds of files I try to play, even .WAV.  Other players (Real Player for
> | example) that will play files associated with WMP have no problems with audio.
> | Wave clips play when I open and close XP with no problem.  Volume is up on WMP
> | and the sound isn't muted.  Everything else that's supposed to produce sound
> | does.  WMP doesn't, although it handles video as usual.  DirectX version is
> | 9.0c.  XP updates are current.
> |
> | Any ideas about what could be wrong?
>
> Problem solved!  For some mysterious reason, WMP had decided to switch its
> output to the ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio installed with a
> recent video driver rather than the default sound card.  When I disabled the ATI
> audio driver, WMP audio output reverted to the sound card.
>
> Is there any way to specify where the WMP output goes?  If it's going to start
> latching onto things other than the chosen default audio device, there should be
> some way of controlling it other than by disabling what it's outputting to.  It
> may take a notion to grab onto something I don't want to disable.
>
> Larc
> .

Passwords #11
When I open outlook express I have it setup to slect a profile. My question is can I set it up to password the profile selection. I would like to select a profile and then be promted for a password. Can this be done ? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&News...

budget #11
are there any workarounds to these problems 1) an annual bonus occurring once a year in march, the budget has the amounts divided by 12 and in each month 2) a monthly disability check shows up in every month except february these 2 items makes the budget practically useless for any serious planning jd 1. Is your annual bonus set for yearly? Or custom? Is it a scheduled deposit? If a manual budget entry, make it a custom frequency with only the month in question valued. If it's a scheduled bill, I think it will average it out monthly, even if scheduled yearly. 2. Are you saying ...

My audio doesn't work
It seems like media playback on my computer doesn't work anymore. I feel like I have tried everything to fix the issue. I have had this problem in the past but it seemed to fix itself after a day or so. It has been weeks now and I still can't get sound to work. Symptoms: itunes won't play anything when I click on a song itunes will play a video but without any sound windows media player skips/fast forwards through videos and mp3s in about 3 jumps without any sound you tube will play videos without sound trying to view other videos online skips through as well I'...

Office 11
I was recommended by John McGhie (MVP) to wait for Office 11 instead of getting Offixe X now. Can anyone tell me then, when Office 11 is due? cheers In article <70d401c3444b$7038ea40$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Annick C." <annickcbl@aol.com> wrote: > I was recommended by John McGhie (MVP) to wait for Office > 11 instead of getting Offixe X now. Can anyone tell me > then, when Office 11 is due? AFAIK, MS has not released an expected date for Office 11. As usual, until it's officially announced, those that know can't tell you, and those that tell you alm...

Office 2003 05-11-10
Hello, How do I uninstall office 2003 from my computer without leaving traces of the application Thanks With great difficulty. Why the concern about "traces"? Antivirus wrote: > Hello, How do I uninstall office 2003 from my computer without leaving traces > of the application > Thanks use revo-uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download_other.html "Antivirus" <Teyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F943C548-C6EF-4057-9D72-0351F6E44F91@microsoft.com... > Hello, How do I uninstall offi...

Is it possible to run MS CRM Forms inside of parent Iframe/Form? How pass to CRM login/password programatically from parent form? Thanks. i believe this is what you're looking for: http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2006/06/showing-associated-activities-in.html unsupported but it works. is_vlb50@hotmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to run MS CRM Forms inside of parent Iframe/Form? > How pass to CRM login/password programatically from parent form? > Thanks. No,I need to display full crm inside my application.And pass login information to crm. Thanks. rvrebel@gmail.com wrote: >...

Read receipt #11
Hi, I have a problem with Outlook 2003. I was sent an email today and the person that sent it requested a read receipt. I clicked ok to send it. Now when I try to send and receive it says sending message 1 of 1 and then just stops and an error message is displayed. I think the read receipt is stuck in Outlook. It says the connection to the server was interrupted. How do I clear it?. Why isnt the receipt visible in the outbox like a normal email? Any help anyone could give me would be most welcome. Jake -- "Today I saw a little worm Wriggling on his belly. Perhaps he'd ...

Outlook Inbox 11-15-09
I had a problem with my inbox soI ran the inbox repair tool. It fixed the problem but my inbox is now gone and replaced with a folder called Recovered Folder. How do I get my Inbox back? Start Outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetfoldernames (note the space in the command) That said; when you get the Recovered Folder by running the Inbox Repair Tool, your pst-file had a bad corruption in it. In those cases I would recommend to start with a new pst-file instead of continuing with this fixed one. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.in...

Font styles lost in Word 11.5.6
Hi all - I just updated my copy of Word 2004 to Word 11.5.6. I'm now, for the first time, having a weird problems with font formats. When I view a document (new or saved, makes no difference) in either normal or page preview views, the various font formats (italic, underline, bold, etc) fail to display. They display properly in print preview, and they print properly. Interestingly, if I select italic in either normal or page preview views, the cursor slants appropriately but the actual text displays as normal. I upgraded to OS 10.6.2 from 10.6.1 a few days ago. I suppose...

Shared Workbook #11
I have created a shared workbook - when I allow others to use it - it does not keep my setting of Automatically update every 5 minutes it goes back to 15 minutes. How can I keep it at 5 minutes no matter who opens the workbook? ...

Outlook 2007 Error Message 11-19-09
Hi. Whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get the following error message: The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in. I uninstalled Google Desktop awhile back and the path is no longer valid. Is there anyway to stop Outlook 2007 from looking for this add-in so I wont get the error message anymore? Thanks for your help. "Asord...

MOV files
I have ffdshow installed on several computers successfully but I have a problem with one machine that refuses to use ffdshow audio codecs when it opens video-camera Quicktime MOV files. The result, of course, is a silent movie as MP11 can't figure out the audio track (which I believe is just PCM). For other ffdshow supported formats MP11 correctly activates video and audio codecs as necessary, but for the MOV format this particular machine activates only the ffdshow video and then briefly flashes the message "Acquiring Codec". The movie properties show only "-&qu...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.7 Update
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When I tried to implement this update, both automatically and manually, my computer hung. I found that the updater was not responding and I had to force it to quit. What can I do to implement this update, or is there something wrong with it? On 2/14/10 12:38 PM, in article 59bb2d27.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "joegez@officeformac.com" <joegez@officeformac.com> wrote: > When I tried to implement this update, both automatically and manually, my > computer hung. I found that the update...

Search #11
This is way beyond my skill level so I decided to come here first. I need to search within a cell and add up all of the numbers. The problem is the numbers lie within text A1 contains this: Green(17) Red(12) Blue(16) Orange(230) So the search function would add up all the numbers of the cell and return 275 -- Brad1982 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brad1982's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15690 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501093 Assuming your values are in A1...

Test 11-10-07
JUST TETSING test "Heather Lake" <hlakesundown@aol.com> a �crit dans le message de news: %23oarXrzIIHA.3672@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > JUST TETSING > ...

Outlook Express 6.0 #11
Hi, Does any one know how to force Outlook Express 6.0 to use pipelining command. I've no problem on Authenticate operation (server answer that ESMTP is supported and the command Pipelining too). Does anyone know if for Outlook could be the same problem or not? Thanks in advance. "JPS" <jpsf1uk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173956561.147854.131870@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Does any one know how to force Outlook Express 6.0 This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Expres...

maximum number of songs per playlist in wmp 11
anyone?, it seems to be 10.001, but i want more...How? Are you sure that this is WMP 11? Windows XP or Vista? How exactly are you creating the playlist? I can create a playlist with almost 3.000 songs here just fine, on WMP 11 (XP). Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 22/05/2010 12:57, reinds wrote: > anyone?, it seems to be 10.001, but i want more...How? ...

Outlook 2003
Hello! We run Outlook 2003 Exchange My manager has a recurring weekly meeting set up with twelve attendees. We have all accepted the original request. Sometimes she updates one occurrence - moving the appointment to a different day/time. Several of us are having the same issue - we accept the meeting request, but the appointment does not update on our calendar. We still show the original meeting time. Would love some insight on how to correct this. Please keep in mind that we do not have any administrative rights to Outlook, so refreshing/deleting system files etc. may be ...

How can I "undo" an entry on a form/subform while still entering data ? 11-16-07
Hi I have a form/subform for entering invoice data. What can I do if I realize that I have already entered the invoice ? Example: I enter the main form data and enter 5 lines of detail on the subform and then I realize that I have already entered this invoice before ? I would love to have a button that I could click that "undoes" the entire entry. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad When you enter the main form record, and move into the subform to enter the line items, the header record saves into its table. Consequently you can't just "und...

Duplicate personal folders #11
I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders How con I get rid of the duplicate There are countless posts in this group that address this exhaustively documented issue. Feel free to read any of them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nick C" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uBoS2tg$GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal >folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders > > Ho...

receiving e-mail 04-11-10
I can sent e-mail but it won't receive them. It says Account: 'home mail', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 help! I don't think Cox supports advanced port settings or SSL. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option., and change port 995 to port 110.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.suppo...

Text 11-13-07
I have a form I created and the field will only let me type in 20 characters, how do I change it so I can enter the full text?? thanks -- Croque Open the table in design view. Click on the field. In the lower part of the window, adjust the Field Size. "Croque" <Croque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB664706-27F2-48F2-A8B0-280EC9D6833F@microsoft.com... >I have a form I created and the field will only let me type in 20 >characters, > how do I change it so I can enter the full text?? > > thanks > -- > Croque I tried this and it...

Outlook Express 6 #11
I can't seem to figure out how to minimize my outlook to my taskbar (the same way you would minimize a messenger service)so that it would continue running and checking for mail while I'm working on my PC. Can anyone help? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS...

How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video
The guide shows How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and= convert other popular video and audio even HD video Stpe 1: Download(http://www.5idownload.com/download/daniu-digital-media-c= onverter-pro_full310_461741.exe) and install the Daniusoft Media Converter Pro= ( http://www.5idownload.com/dan-Media-Converter-pro.html ) Stpe 2: Run the software and click "Add=E2=80=A6" button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC,= WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files ( http://www.5idownload.com/img/guide-dan-media-converter-pro1.jpg) Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to c...

Publisher #11
I have a friend who wants to buy Publisher by itself. She already has MSOffice. Do you sell it by itself? Could she install it without problem? If yes, could you tell me where it is on sale in Ottawa? Do you know the price. Please answer me and thank you for that. Have a good day. Anne-Marie No, I don't sell it by myself but Microsoft does. ;-) Installation is quite easy. Check your local office supply stores (Office Max, Staples, Kinkos (?), even some wholesale houses carry it). You're welcome - and you have a nice day as well. -- JoAnn ...