No audio with WMP 11

I'm running XP SP3 with WMP 11.  Everything was working fine earlier, but I
noticed today that I suddenly have no audio at all from it.  Nada!  No matter
what kinds of files I try to play, even .WAV.  Other players (Real Player for
example) that will play files associated with WMP have no problems with audio.
Wave clips play when I open and close XP with no problem.  Volume is up on WMP
and the sound isn't muted.  Everything else that's supposed to produce sound
does.  WMP doesn't, although it handles video as usual.  DirectX version is
9.0c.  XP updates are current.

Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Larc
0
Larc

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:30:16 -0400, I wrote:

| I'm running XP SP3 with WMP 11.  Everything was working fine earlier, but I
| noticed today that I suddenly have no audio at all from it.  Nada!  No matter
| what kinds of files I try to play, even .WAV.  Other players (Real Player for
| example) that will play files associated with WMP have no problems with audio.
| Wave clips play when I open and close XP with no problem.  Volume is up on WMP
| and the sound isn't muted.  Everything else that's supposed to produce sound
| does.  WMP doesn't, although it handles video as usual.  DirectX version is
| 9.0c.  XP updates are current.
|
| Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Problem solved!  For some mysterious reason, WMP had decided to switch its
output to the ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio installed with a
recent video driver rather than the default sound card.  When I disabled the ATI
audio driver, WMP audio output reverted to the sound card.

Is there any way to specify where the WMP output goes?  If it's going to start
latching onto things other than the chosen default audio device, there should be
some way of controlling it other than by disabling what it's outputting to.  It
may take a notion to grab onto something I don't want to disable.

Larc
0
Larc
6/27/2010 6:04:39 PM
Goto "Tools" menu then "options" and then "devices". Under devices click
Speakers and properties. In the drop down menu select your output device
instead of disabling it from device manager.
Hope it helps. Good Luck!
--
Vanshaj Daga
vanshajdaga2002net@hotmail.com

"Larc" wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:30:16 -0400, I wrote:
>
> | I'm running XP SP3 with WMP 11.  Everything was working fine earlier, but I
> | noticed today that I suddenly have no audio at all from it.  Nada!  No matter
> | what kinds of files I try to play, even .WAV.  Other players (Real Player for
> | example) that will play files associated with WMP have no problems with audio.
> | Wave clips play when I open and close XP with no problem.  Volume is up on WMP
> | and the sound isn't muted.  Everything else that's supposed to produce sound
> | does.  WMP doesn't, although it handles video as usual.  DirectX version is
> | 9.0c.  XP updates are current.
> |
> | Any ideas about what could be wrong?
>
> Problem solved!  For some mysterious reason, WMP had decided to switch its
> output to the ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio installed with a
> recent video driver rather than the default sound card.  When I disabled the ATI
> audio driver, WMP audio output reverted to the sound card.
>
> Is there any way to specify where the WMP output goes?  If it's going to start
> latching onto things other than the chosen default audio device, there should be
> some way of controlling it other than by disabling what it's outputting to.  It
> may take a notion to grab onto something I don't want to disable.
>
> Larc
> .

installing latest update (12.11)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Dear all, for some reason, I do not seem to be able to install the latest office 2008 update (12.11). I have installed service pack 1 and the updated autoupdate tool. The update appears in the autoupdate window and will download , but will not install. I come up with a message " You cannot install Office 12.1.1 update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I suspect that it got to be preferences related, as my installation of Office is completely...

Sub Forms 11-15-07
Hi All, I have customer Order Form, Includes General Customer Information & Order Details on the Sub Form Sub form contains Prduct Name, Unit, Rate I want that when I am on Product Field by pressing a shortkey Like Ctrl+D a popup form appear and ask for character or Keywords to be enter for searching a particuler product e.g. I have apple as product the Keyword "app" appears it in product field or a popup form appear contains list of all product when I double click on a particuler product it appears on Product field. Thanks. ...

need 8.5 X 11 trifold brochure template for MS2003-help
need 8.5 x 11 trifold brochure template for Windows 2003 -- can u help? On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:55:01 -0800, Cyndi <Cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >need 8.5 x 11 trifold brochure template for Windows 2003 -- can u help? Click File > New. On the right side of the screen, under "Templates", type "trifold" in the search box (without the quotes) and click the Go button. You'll see a list of templates that you can download directly into Word -- click on any one to see a preview. Or you can click the link "Templates on Office Online"...

PDF file #11

IF statement #11
I am familiar with IF statements, however, the limitation of having "thens" has me stumped. The situation is as follows. I am doing a sales commissio spreadsheet. If the sales person hits the $20 sale, they get standar bonus, i.e. 100%. However, if they hit $25, they get 5% increase. Th sale targets increase by $5, where $30 sale gets a 10% increase, a $3 sale gets a 15% increase, and on and on. Is there a way to write an IF statement beyond the 7 "thens" that I a able to do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com J Checkout lookup in help. Come back if ...

windows media player #11 08-10-10
Hello to all, I need some help from some of you. Friends send me e-mails sometimes that has short movies in them. The media player plays most of them. The ones that wont play has a pop up that says, This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder option control panel. I guess I am not smart enough to do this myself. I would appreciate any help from you people that are more savy than me. Thanks a lot Thomas Stevens "TJ STEVENS" <tsteve...

SPAM #11
Does anyone know how to get accounts onto spam list so that we can use them for harvesting??? Leo On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:49:12 -0500, "Leo Smith" <leosmith@earthlink.net> wrote: >Does anyone know how to get accounts onto spam list so that we can use them >for harvesting??? > >Leo > Start using them. ...

Security Update for Outlook Express released 11 May 2010
[crossposted to OE General & OE6 newsgroups as an FYI] MS10-030: Vulnerability in Outlook Express...could allow remote code execution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978542 And is this in with our automatic updates or do we have to get it ourselves? S "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Ob%238aCX8KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > [crossposted to OE General & OE6 newsgroups as an FYI] > > MS10-030: Vulnerability in Outlook Express...could allow remote code > execution: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb...

Office 11.4.0 error
I attempted to run Autoupdate to get this update and I get this error message. The installer could not locate the correct version of the software to install the update. I even tried downloading it directly and it didn't work. I have 11.3.9 on my computer and don't know why it isn't working. On 2/18/08 2:05 PM, in article ee8deb4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mac09@officeformac.com" <mac09@officeformac.com> wrote: > I attempted to run Autoupdate to get this update and I get this error message. > The installer could not locate the correct version of the softwar...

Product 02-11-05
Hello: Does anybody know why I can not enter a new product. My orders icon on the short cut also has an exclamation Mark!! Thanks GJ How, precisely, are you trying to add a new product? And where does the process stop you? "gjelveh@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:218201c51063$964d6b30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello: > > Does anybody know why I can not enter a new product. My > orders icon on the short cut also has an exclamation > Mark!! > > Thanks > > GJ I also cannot enter a new product, there is no ...

aa 11-29-05
adada ...

search remote calendars with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11
Hello! I am trying to write a web application that allow me to search and view outlook 2003 calendars. so far I have only been able to read my own calendar information via the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11 in a console application. do any one have an idea of how I could search other peoples calendar ? and how to do it in a console application would be fine too Smile so what I am trying to do is really 1. logon a outlook account 2. read other peoples calendar <-- where I am 3. upload the results to a web application so other can view them and search them Thanks in advance Prog...

Outlook Express #11
When I shut my computer down, my email settings are lost. I have to reinput them to recieve email. Anyone had this problem? Know the solution? ...

Outlook Attachments #11
Can I setup Outlook to list the name of an attachment anywhere within an "Original Message" when I hit REPLY, REPLY ALL or FORWARD? Thanks! Steve As far as I know, no A forward will carry the original attachment with it, however "Steve Forrester" <gfr92@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D5ydnbOFFJo0ozyiRVn-gw@comcast.com... > Can I setup Outlook to list the name of an attachment anywhere within an > "Original Message" when I hit REPLY, REPLY ALL or FORWARD? Vince, Thanks! I wonder if any third-party products might be able to help me? Stev...

Data Migration Question 11-05-04
Hello, when migrating contacts -and leave values for the "Prefered Contact Methods" (like Phone->True/False, Email-->True/False, etc.) in cdf_contact blank- does CRM populate them in ContactBase with default-values set in customization? I checked this on table contactbase and the values were not set to default. They have the value 'null' -Is this correct? Just thouht the DMF uses the SOAP Interface itself for generating Crm entities. Can you confirm if this behavior is correct? Cheers; DS The DMF does use the SOAP interfaces. However, those interfaces are configur...

Relationships 11-12-09
Hi, I was hoping someone could explain to me in "layman" terms about relationships. I have done 3 course using access and have even had a consultant come out and spend the day with me. my problem is i cannot figure out how to make my tables work. I have 25 tables that have nothing in common with each other. for example, one is for steel parts, another one for valve's, consumables etc they have nothing in common but at the end they give me a price for a job installation. How do i make the relationships work with each one? Should i be putting like an ID number ...

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

Pivot Tables 01-11-10
Does anyone knows how to display the values under the headers on the Pivot table? I have not been able to copy the values into a new work sheet and then filter them. I will show me only the header on that especific column. Thanks to anyone that can help me. Someone else may have a better way, but you can copy the whole pivot table and paste/special/values into another worksheet. From here you can copy/paste any cells to where you want them. -- Daryl S "cromagnon21" wrote: > Does anyone knows how to display the values under the headers on the Pivot > t...

Script errors 11-26-07
Hello, I'm receiving currently quite many script errors like this : Character : 1 Error: Syntaxe error Code: 0 URL: http://myserver/Workplace/home_activites.aspx What can I do to get ride of them please ? Thank you I had this on a machine, it seems to be a configuration in Internet Explorer. The way that I got rid of the error was to go to Internet Options in Internet Explorer (7), click on the advanced tab and then click on the Reset button near the bottom. Make sure you read the warning before continuing. -- ----------------- Please note that the c...

Can the Playback Rate for WMP be Changed?
See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. You might get more definitive results on this in the microsoft.public.windowsmedia newsgroups (there are several of them; probably the player one is the one you want) W. eWatson wrote: > See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. W. eWatson wrote: > See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. Yet tried the Play -> Play Speed menu? VanguardLH wrote: > W. eWatson wrote: > >> See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. > > Yet tried the Play -> Play Speed menu? Ah, ha. Thanks. ...

Micosoft Office for 2004 version 11.2.6 causes Internet Explorer not to work
Just updated to version 11.2.6 and now my Internet Explorer ver 5.2 no longer starts up. Since MS no longers supports IE and you can't uninstall ver 11.2.6, I wouldn't update at the moment. <mollydog1993@gmail.com> wrote: > Just updated to version 11.2.6 and now my Internet Explorer ver 5.2 no > longer starts up. Since MS no longers supports IE and you can't > uninstall ver 11.2.6, I wouldn't update at the moment. Weird... I did the update as well and IE still works just like before... Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.ne...

vc7 and wmp.dll wrapper class
created a wrapper class(COcx1) for windows media player by using MFC wizard. but it seems that the COcx1 does not work. can someone shed some light on this for me? What's a C0cx1??? Here is the wapper for the media player ///////////////////////////// h file //////////////////////////////// #pragma once // Machine generated IDispatch wrapper class(es) created by Microsoft Visual C++ // NOTE: Do not modify the contents of this file. If this class is regenerated by // Microsoft Visual C++, your modifications will be overwritten. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////...

Reports 11-03-07
Hi all I took a lot of advice, my thanks to all!! Now I need to create production Reports. I have 2 Tables one for Production which stores the operation ID, The description, the Date, Employee Name, start time, End Time, Total Time, and quantity. The second Table is for production goals. It will store the totals, the fields are, Operation id, the catagory, employee name, perhour, perweek, permonth. not sure if I need more. Basicly this is how the data is placed. the operationid is 10,20,30,40 etc. the catagory is the description of the code, ie. 10 = Boxes Cleaned, 20 = Boxes Repaired and...

Save Button 11-16-07
Can someone tell me step by step how to create a save button for a data access page when clicked on it writes the current record to my database. Any Ideas Plz "Chris" wrote: > Can someone tell me step by step how to create a save button for a data > access page when clicked on it writes the current record to my database. ...

spam #11
Hi. Before I download my emails into Outlook, I always go into my bt.yahoo account online to check what's there and make sure there is no spam and yet eveytime I click on Send/Receive (a second later) , I get 3 - 5 spam messages that were not in my Inbox on line!! Can you please tell me how this happens and what I can do about it. Win XP Outlook 2003 Only started to happen 1 month ago Thanx jb <nope@tospam.com> wrote: > Before I download my emails into Outlook, I always go into my bt.yahoo > account online to check what's there and make sure there is no spam > a...