No album info on WMP11 when ripping cd

On WMP 11 when I insert a cd to rip I do not get any album or track info. I
am logged onto the internet when I do this.

Is this on Windows XP or Vista?

What exactly happens when you right-click one of the tracks and select
Find Album Info?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Tom4music wrote:
> On WMP 11 when I insert a cd to rip I do not get any album or track info. I
> am logged onto the internet when I do this.
0
Tim
5/15/2010 12:18:48 AM
I am running Vista Home Premium Sp2 and MP v11.0.6002.18111 with all updates.
Same problem here after I installed iTunes which I believe broke this in
MP11. Under Find Album Info it shows me the album info including track list.
But track list is still Track 1, Track 2, etc. I have tried to remove but MP
does not appear in Program List. Also have tried to re download but MS
download site only allows me to update for Windows Mobile. I have also tried
to run wmpconfig.exe and setup_mp, nothing helps. How can I restore this
capability ?

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> Is this on Windows XP or Vista?
>
> What exactly happens when you right-click one of the tracks and select
> Find Album Info?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim De Baets
> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>
> Tom4music wrote:
> > On WMP 11 when I insert a cd to rip I do not get any album or track info. I
> > am logged onto the internet when I do this.
> .

When using Find Album Info, have you gone through all the steps to apply
the album information? After clicking Finish in the last step, do you
see any changes on the tracks?

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 28/06/2010 18:59, brucef wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium Sp2 and MP v11.0.6002.18111 with all updates.
> Same problem here after I installed iTunes which I believe broke this in
> MP11. Under Find Album Info it shows me the album info including track list.
> But track list is still Track 1, Track 2, etc. I have tried to remove but MP
> does not appear in Program List. Also have tried to re download but MS
> download site only allows me to update for Windows Mobile. I have also tried
> to run wmpconfig.exe and setup_mp, nothing helps. How can I restore this
> capability ?
>
> "Tim De Baets" wrote:
>
>> Is this on Windows XP or Vista?
>>
>> What exactly happens when you right-click one of the tracks and select
>> Find Album Info?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Tim De Baets
>> http://www.bm-productions.tk
>>
>> Tom4music wrote:
>>> On WMP 11 when I insert a cd to rip I do not get any album or track info. I
>>> am logged onto the internet when I do this.
>> .

0
Tim

how to copy my contacts to my cd-rw drive
I selected all my contacts, then click copy. then my computer fab, then my cd-rw drive then paste. However it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.hanks "Garth" <mpringle1260@rogers.com> wrote in message news:xrOdnQ8VJNqtOEDcRVn-oA@rogers.com... >I selected all my contacts, then click copy. then my computer fab, then >my cd-rw drive then paste. However it didn't work. > Any help would be appreciated.hanks > Computer "fab"? What is "fab"? Fab, to mean, is short for fabrication, fabricate[d], and only for fabulous when wat...

Downloading info from brokerages
I have been hand entering info from my Schwab account for years and thought I would try to download it. My question is, lets say I own XYZ Mutual Fund, but in my file I called it XYZ Mid Caps, but Schwab calls it XYZ Not So Large Fund. How can I match up the XYZ transactions I download with the fund in my Money file? Capish? -- Dave Schwartz Commack, NY In microsoft.public.money, Dave Schwartz wrote: >I have been hand entering info from my Schwab account for years and thought >I would try to download it. My question is, lets say I own XYZ Mutual Fund, >but in my file I calle...

How do I get CD-RW to be revisable?
I don't understand your question. Does this have anything to do with Excel? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B85D26B-00F0-4FF8-8716-9B37ED3CBBFA@microsoft.com... > ...

installing Publisher 2003 from original Office CD
Hi I'm getting a new laptop and will be getting Office Home & Student Office 2007 which doesn't have Publisher. so my query is... Is it possible to install just Publisher from my Office 2003 CD? And what are the activation implications? Or do I just get Publisher 2007 as a standalone program? (Reviews suggest that it isn't much different from 2003 so wonderedf it's worth investing in) I have Quark for my work but really love Publisher so would prefer not to lose it if I possibly can. Many thanks for any help/ suggestions. Install Pub 2003 first, then Office 2007. B...

windows media player 11 suddenly stops creating audio or mp3 cd's
can someone help me maybe? about a few weeks ago for no reason windows media player 11 on vista stopped creating audio cd's it was burning things fine whether or not they were wma or mp3... whether they were DRM or not was never something i thought of. then that all stopped and now some things burn and others do not i have tried lowering the burn speed from fastest to fast to medium and still no go. any one have any ideas why this happens? oddly enough windows reports in explorer that the discs i insert are blank, but windows media player sees the files on the cd. ...

Looking up info
Hello. I'm trying to create something that I can type in certain words and it will search multiple sheets and give me the data that I need. What is happening is that we some times start a new project and someone will say it is just like one we did for someone else. Only problem is they can never remember the job number. They can only remember the city or some other little bit of information. I have started putting in this information in excel but before I go to far with it, I what to know how I am going to retrieve the data that I'm after. Here is what I have so far Numbe...

Help decide upon RMS
Hi, I was interested in RMS (possibly) but I’m surprised as to how tightly controlled any detailed information is held. In order to get into most parts of Microsoft’s website for this product, I need a special login that comes only after buying the support, and even then it’s limited according to what I’ve read in this newsgroup. Specifically, I’d like to know what sort of customizations can be made for RMS. I read that there’s a customization guide and possibly source code (that I’d find hard to believe) that’s available to some of you. If someone (preferably a real RMS partner) could ...

How to best provide Contact info (Notes <---> E2K3)?
Our corporate office has their own W2K3 AD forest and they use Lotus Notes. They are connected to us via a T1 frame relay link. We have a W2K3 AD forest and we use Exchange 2003. There is currently no trust between our forests but we may be adding one in the near future. We have just upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and our corporate office had been using a simple anonymous LDAP query against one of our E5.5 mail servers for contact lookups. Since Exchange 2003 does not allow anonymous LDAP queries, this has broke. We do not want to turn on the anonymous LDAP query registry edit for security ...

LOGO in personal info
How can a user save a logo (graphic file) to the "Primary & Secondary & Other Organization field" in the "personal information sets" area of Publisher? From the menu bar, click on "edit" and scroll down to "personal information" In the HELP file type in the word LOGO and you will find out all you need to know. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Tabs recovered more info
Ie 8 Win 7 Pro. Also is there a way of editing these post. Many thanks. ...

Sharing excel info
Is there a way to create an MS Calendar using information from an Excel spreadsheet?? I have tried using the calendar function in both Word & Works to no avail. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. ...

Downloading Paypal info into Money 2002
Attempting to download in Quicken format results in a single file of 357 bytes, regardless of the time-span selected. Having failed to get PayPal to understand a simple complaint in plain English, after 3 attempts I have given up seeking their guidance. I wonder if anyone has solved the problem of downloading their entire account history into Money 2002? Any pointers would be most welcome! Mike ________________________________ FREE LISTING FOR CARS IN ENGLAND SCOTLAND, WALES, NORTHERN IRELAND AND THE IRISH REPUBLIC http://www.buy-my-car.com/ ________________________________ In microso...

redeem CD/Bond w/2005 Deluxe
WinXP Pro, Original CD matured and renewed under new terms and thus different idenity. It has now matured and I need to spend the money to pay off a loan. The last bit of interest was entered seperately. Then when I hit 'enter' to finish the transaction to redeem it and transfer to a Money Market acct. I get a window that says " Adding this Sell, Remove or Redeem Shares activity will cause the balance of '1740340565' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction". Only action is a button called OK I hav...

CD Liner template wanted
Can anybody help with a source for a CD tray liner, that's the back page, the one with the fold-up edges. I've got Publisher 2000 and it only has the CD inserts template. TIA Mike mike o'sullivan wrote: > Can anybody help with a source for a CD tray liner, > that's the back page, the one with the fold-up edges. > I've got Publisher 2000 and it only has the CD inserts > template. > > TIA > > Mike ================================ If you post an e-mail address...I'll send you a copy of one I created...(there's a single and a double ver...

How to extract info from MSDN files
Hi, I would like to know if there is any mean of extracting information from my MSDn files. I have a list of function name in a file like shown below : InitializeCriticalSection DeleteCriticalSection EnterCriticalSection .... .... and I would like to parse each line and then to retrieve the complete function declarations: void InitializeCriticalSection( LPCRITICAL_SECTION lpCriticalSection ); .... And if it's possible I would like to add a filter since I am only interested by SmartDevice functions (WM5). Is it possible ???? "Vincent RICHOMME" <richom.v@free.fr> ...

Where to get the best code info.
I am looking for a book that will give me the best code information that is easy to underdstand. I am to a point where I have alot of questions that I need to put in a code for. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ go to John Walkenbach's site and look at the link to his books. His power programming series is very good. http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy fwday <fwday.vk36a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:fwday....

pst files copied to CD
After copying pst files to CD, upon using File-Open Other Data File, get error "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." I even tried assigning permissions to the file before copying and still get the error. How can my user access their saved pst files from CD? Nancy B. Hi There, Try copying the file from the CD to a hard drive...and be sure to change the properties of the file from READ-ONLY to allow read/write access to the file. David Reed "nbryant@meyersnave.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Drive info on Computer
Recently I used my Recovery disc on my laptopm. No problems, but since then I have noticed that when I click onto the Computer icon in its usual top LH position I don't see what I am used to. Instead of the usual display of the info on the various drives I see the basic information about my machine. It doesn't show that and I cannot find it through the various options offered through the icon. I can find it through windows explorer/computer but would prefer it to come on screen through Computer. Is there any way I can do this? Thank you. "Wrinkly" <Wri...

trying to save a publisher doc to cd,message no disc in drive
I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving other things, in other programs without a problem. MsJLee <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I > get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each > time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving > other things, in other programs with...

Corrupt Apply to Info
Running GP 8.0. In AP we have a vendor with several invoices that show as Open and are not paid. However GP thinks they have been paid and when you check the APPLY info the invoice amount shows as the applied amount and there is a Voucher/Pymt Number. The Document # , All Dates and the Original amount is all blank. Appears to be a corruption of some sort. Is there some way of removing this corrupted apply info from the invoices so that they can be paid ? Check Links and Vendor Reconcile did not seem to fix anything. Its a file called RM_keys you can find some info in customer/part...

Formula to Autofill Info based on Other Data
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 Good morning! I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basic Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workbook with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelled PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the product name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, and Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those are the columns we will be dealing with. All specific inform...

ripping cds in a row
when i rip a cd it ripps it then ejects it but when i put in a new cd it does not roconize it it leaves up info from last cd. i have to close wmp then reopen it to get the new cds info so i can rip it does any one no why What version of WMP and Windows? This could be caused by a disabled autorun notification. Follow the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330135 to re-enable this. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk kewl wrote: > when i rip a cd it ripps it then ejects it but when i put in a new cd it does > not roconize it it leaves ...

Ripping and the mystery pause......
I have been ripping via WMP and WMC on Windows 7 Home Premium to get all my CDs on to my new PC. Ripping speed itself is fine but after each track is ripped (100% progress diplayed) there is a massive delay, WMP says not responding and 30 seconds later it moves onto the next track. Each track rips in about 5 seconds and then this 30 second freeze occurs. CPU usage at this point is low and there are no obvious activity on disk or network. Can anyone explain what WMP is doing at this point ? I use Windows Media Center a lot and so have (As I understand) a dependency on WMP, so usi...

burner error c00d11c9 in rip and burn
In the burning process I succesfully burn the first two music tracks and then error comes up. All tracks play OK on my laptop. Tried several CDs same result. Tired another music cd . similar result --copies introdcution section then error. Using vista. have recently installed external dvd 00--checked for latest driver software says up to date Any ideas ...

Burn Backup File to CD
What is the trick to backing up a Money 2000 file to CD with Windows 2000? I tried to burn my .mny file to CD, then test it by copying it back to disk and opening it. I get the error message: --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- 'J:\CurrentMoneyFile' is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make sure you are opening a file with an MNY extension. If you have chosen the correct file and it could not be accessed, you will need to open your most recent backup file to access your data. --------------------------- I did remove the Read-Only property fr...