My audio doesn't work

It seems like media playback on my computer doesn't work anymore. I feel
like I have tried everything to fix the issue. I have had this problem
in the past but it seemed to fix itself after a day or so. It has been
weeks now and I still can't get sound to work.

Symptoms:

itunes won't play anything when I click on a song
itunes will play a video but without any sound
windows media player skips/fast forwards through videos and mp3s in
about 3 jumps without any sound
you tube will play videos without sound
trying to view other videos online skips through as well
I've never received any error messages

What I've done to try and fix it:

updated sound card and video card drivers
ran virus and spyware scans
used programs that find drivers I need and updated the audio/video
related ones
made sure all my speakers are plugged in
performed all the suggestions the apple/WMP websites suggested to me
tried system restore but it won't let me go back to Dec. when the
problem started

Dell told me on the phone that it is a software issue but I would be
required to pay $150 to hear the solution. I passed on that. I also know
that it is something that has to actually do with my computer and it
isn't the speakers. It's obviously a problem that starts before the
speakers even get a chance to play anything.

Like I said before, I had this issue a few times in the past and they
seemed to fix themself after a day or so. I'm not sure if that helps
figure it out.

If you can offer any help to me, it would be greatly appreciated. I
just want to listen to my music again!

Thanks,
jflazor

--
jflazor
jflazor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/175893.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
jflazor

Often the problem with Dell are the sound card drivers.
Diasable the enhancements might cure the problem
More details: http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Trouble/Dell.htm
--

"jflazor" wrote:

> It seems like media playback on my computer doesn't work anymore. I feel
> like I have tried everything to fix the issue. I have had this problem
> in the past but it seemed to fix itself after a day or so. It has been
> weeks now and I still can't get sound to work.
>
> Symptoms:
>
> itunes won't play anything when I click on a song
> itunes will play a video but without any sound
> windows media player skips/fast forwards through videos and mp3s in
> about 3 jumps without any sound
> you tube will play videos without sound
> trying to view other videos online skips through as well
> I've never received any error messages
>
> What I've done to try and fix it:
>
> updated sound card and video card drivers
> ran virus and spyware scans
> used programs that find drivers I need and updated the audio/video
> related ones
> made sure all my speakers are plugged in
> performed all the suggestions the apple/WMP websites suggested to me
> tried system restore but it won't let me go back to Dec. when the
> problem started
>
> Dell told me on the phone that it is a software issue but I would be
> required to pay $150 to hear the solution. I passed on that. I also know
> that it is something that has to actually do with my computer and it
> isn't the speakers. It's obviously a problem that starts before the
> speakers even get a chance to play anything.
>
> Like I said before, I had this issue a few times in the past and they
> seemed to fix themself after a day or so. I'm not sure if that helps
> figure it out.
>
> If you can offer any help to me, it would be greatly appreciated. I
> just want to listen to my music again!
>
> Thanks,
> jflazor
>

> --
> jflazor
> jflazor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/175893.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/1294370.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
> .

Database with Works suite 2003?
Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002? Thanks in advance douglas Douglas Sorry, it's a simple answer No. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Douglas Sey" <douglassey@connel.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:cnavuo$ems$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002? > > Thanks in advance > douglas > > Douglas I doubt it very much, but you could check with the Access or Works Suite News Groups. ...

Edit Excel docs using Works?
Is there any way to edit an Excel doc if one only has Microsoft Works 2003? -- bg ...

Working on-line
Is that possible 2 or more persons working on the drawing at the same visio project(on-line)??? that�s means one person will work on part of ER, and the another one work on the second part, and after all come them together. Thanks for helping me. Daniel It's a common request, unfortunately no. al "Daniel Caetano" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uIMGjED0FHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is that possible 2 or more persons working on the drawing at the same > visio > project(on-line)??? > that�s means one person will work on part of ER, and the an...

Laptop clients work one day and not the next.
Help! We have about 10 users on the CRM 3.0 with Update 1 on the server. All laptop clients are CRM 3VC Client. The problem happens to the same users over and over. One day CRM works without a hitch. They all have new machines as of last week. The same folks who had issues on their old machines have issues on their new machines. I have repaired the server installation and checked the server logs and machine logs. Nothing stands out. No errors on the network cards for server or machine. Usually the fix is to close Outlook and exit the CRM Hoster Application. Then fire up Outlook. Then so...

Need Excel code to work in Word
I found this spreadsheet by John Walkenbach (Excel Guru) that has code I'd like to use in Word. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge_without_word 1. John's Excel file has a help button that displays a userform. 2. The userform displays directions to guide the user on how to do something in Excel. 3. The directions (text) in the userform is stored in one of the sheets in the workbook. Those are the elements I care about. A userform with text that is editable. The procedure in John's Excel file talks you through doing a mail merge in Excel without u...

Does "Balance this account" EVER work?
Every time I try to balance an account, I get the error where I have to close everything down, start up the salv.exe program, and fix the My Money file. Once I start it back up, I can balance the account. Certainly, this is a royal pain. Is there a permanent fix for this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated DLB It works here every time. What version are we talking? Just one account or all accounts? Have you read the FAQ article "I think my file has been corrupted. How do I tell? What do I do then?", in the FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/? "DLB&q...

Offline works
I have a user whose Oulook Client (v3.0) will go offline and will not go back online. The error message states that the "CRM Server was not found". The CRM web interface works as do ping and nslookups. Resetting the registry RCOffline to 0 puts the client back online and enables a synch. No other user have this problem. I'm actually having the same problem. I think it might be related to the CRM server URL? "Gareth Kelsey" wrote: > I have a user whose Oulook Client (v3.0) will go offline and will not go back > online. The error message states that t...

Search not working
does anyone every get the message "Your query for 'xxxxx' did not return results" when you have put in valid search data (replace xxxxx with the string your searching for). I'll put in the word Report and hit go and I get back the above message. I've tried other words and none work. Is something wrong with the search function on the MS site. ...

VB code stopped working?
Hi, I have a program on a corporate network that is working at 11 different buildings using different servers etc. The program is out for over a year now and there have been no problems. Now one of the locations is telling me that one of the options on the form will not open. I copy the file back to my drive and test it and it works fine...I move it back and they say that they cant open one of the options. It is a click to select the option number and then press the button to execute type of set up. The button they say doesn't work is only an open form event...all of th...

copy specific rows to different work sheets
I have a master sheet with details of quotations for different clients. Is there anyway to copy the rows of information for each different clients' name onto seperate worksheets, and then as more quotations are entered onto the master these would then be automatically placed into the relevant worksheet for that client. Hope you understand what I am trying to do. Many thanks for any response. Joy This should get you on the right track; http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/item-worksheets.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsof...

Notes Connector not working need advice
I have recently installed Outlook 2003 and the Notes Connector for Outlook 2003. I cannot invoke the wizard to start the connection with my Notes server. Our company is on Ver. 5.5 of Notes. Others in my company are using the Notes Connector successfully so I am confident that the version is correct. Any ideas? I have XP Pro, Office 2003, and downloaded the proper Notes Connector for Outlook 2003. I have uninstalled Office completely, reinstalled it and reinstalled the connector without success. Outlook is completely oblivious that the connector is installed. Any help would be ...

Windows disappear/vanish/become invisible when working in Word or Excel (MSO2004)
When working in Word the active window frequently becomes invisible. I can still type and use keyboard commands. If I do any of the following the window reappears: - cmd+tab off Word, then back on - save the document - select Window > document name from the menu bar When working in Excel I have the same problem with the same solutions. In both cases, this happens so frequently that both products are essentially unusable. Any ideas? Thanks In article <1102468833.715340.156600@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "doyouflip@yahoo.com" <kperlas@gmail.com> wrote: > Whe...

work hours 02-28-07
Hi, I'm making a workflow process where some tasks are tracked and must be completed after X work hours. In the workflow manager, I configure the waiting time, before the process starts to send e-mails and create new tasks. But that time does not respect the work hours of the owner of the process. Is there a solution already in CRM to make the process work accordig to the schedule of the owner or do I have to solve it with a parallel developement. Thanks, Irene ...

Out of Office (OOF) not working
Hello OOF isnt working on one of our users mailbox, ie. she turns it on, but it doesnt auto reply. ive searched through the existing posts on solutions but still no joy. Ive disabled/re-enable OOF setting in Exchange admin. The user has no exisitng rules setup. The oof never worked so it cannot have been send one per user. Im using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Any help, would help! thanks Jay If new mailboxes are working fine, you may want to take the simple "shotgun" approach of exporting the users data to PST, saving out the rules, and then creating a new mailbo...

Outlook 2003 working with Groupwise client
We are moving our people from Groupwise to Exchange and I am having a horrible time getting the two to work together. We need to keep both clients on the machine for a short time while the switch is done. I installed Outlook 2003 on my workstation running Windows XP and Outlook and Groupwise are happily coexisting. When I tried this on a Windows 2000 machine everything went to crap. I've tried all of the tricks I can think of. I've removed Groupwise and windows messaging and reintalled everything from scratch and no dice. I just keep getting Outlook MAPI errors and messages s...

E-mail just stopped working in GP
We currently use GP 8, on a Win2k3 TS server, along with Adobe 7.0 Pro on that box as well. For months users have been able to e-mail PDF's with out a hitch, now over the last few days the users can't and neither can the Administrator's account. Any IDEAS on why this just suddenly stopped???? Al, Are they getting an error message? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0E745D-D84E-4A82-A97D-03E6F7698DA6@microsoft.com... > We currently use GP 8, on a Win2k3 TS server, along with Adobe 7.0 Pro on &g...

New users not working or in address book
We just loaded up a new exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 domain. Everything seemed to be working fine: All our users have email accounts and email was sending correctly. That's when we found out 1 user could not log in. He had no email addresses in his account settings, so I added them manually. Now he can log in but is not in the addressbook. All new accounts created are not going into the address book. In the eventvwr, I am receiving 8270 errors and 8315 errors. The checkbox for allowing rights to propogate are all checked. Thanks in advance, Chris See...

DocVariable wont work
hi all I try to insert a DocVariable into my document but when I do that form Quickparts nothing happens Please help thanks Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote: > You must use code (vba) to assign a value to the variable and you may > need to update the field so that the value assigned to the variable is > displayed. > What am I doing wrong: 1: I created a macro associated to the CTRL-K keyboard sequence. The macro is Macro11 and it reads like this: Sub Macro11() ' ' Macro11 Macro ' Dim varYELLOW As String varYELLOW = "Tom" Activ...

manifest don't work with visual C++ .NET 2003!!!!
I have a problem! I used VC6 for avout a long time ago... since XP I add manifest in my resource to have the XP theme control, It work well! Now I begin to use permanently Visual Studio .NET ... When I generate my MFC application I told it to generat a manifest... It does but when executing my app It just show old control style!!! What's the matter... What I have to do to allow my app to use the new XP control when compiling in Visual Studio .NET? Eric >I used VC6 for avout a long time ago... since XP I add manifest in my >resource to have the XP theme control, It work well...

Code working in 2K3, but not 2K7
I have a form with one unbound combo box. The On Open Event is set as follows: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.Text0.SetFocus Me.Text0.Dropdown End Sub Works eveytime in Access 2K3 , but in 2K7 the form opens and the cursor is blinking in the combo box. Any idea on why the combo box will not drop down and display records? I have tried changing Overlapping Windows and Tabbed Documents settings, but no difference. If I remove the code entirely, the form opens and the combo box has the focus because it is the only object available. Any help appreciated. Try mov...

Newly Created Function not Working #3
Thank you Frank, I used your suggestion but I still was unable to ge this to work. This is actually the method I had already used. Would i be easier to just save this as an addin and have him install the addi on his machine? Do you think it may work if we do this? Again thank yo for oyur help -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26961 I'll just chime in and give my $0.02 for what it's...

Any chance to have Outlook Express working on Windows 7?
For first time I'd prefere an old software version. On 26/07/2010 09:32, Larios wrote: > For first time I'd prefere an old software version. Nope - unless you use some sort of virtualisation..... Tried Thunderbird? www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Larios" wrote in message news:i2jh6c$953$1@news.albasani.net... For first time I'd prefere an old software version.=20 "Larios" <nospammPlease@nospamm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:i2jh6c$953$1@news.albasani.net... > For first time I'd prefere a...

download from works to word or pdf
I am trying to download or view a document in word or pdf. The documant was originally typed in microsoft works. I have tried re-saving to word and open to word, to no avail. Help! ...

Links don't work properly
Running Outlook 2002. Windows XP Pro. 1.7 ghz. 50 gig hard drive. 512 memory. Anytime I attempt to open a link in an email while using Outlook the following occurs: 1) The link won't open, or when it does, it takes at least a minute. 2) 10 to 15 pop up ads are generated in the lower right hand corner and then take over the screen. 3) The Outlook program slows to a crawl or stops functioning completely. 4) Sometimes an "Open Links with" dialogue box appears. It may be a virus or some stupid program some third party put into my start up or Outlook program but I can...

"Customize Outlook Today" button does not work.
My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help? Thanks, -Ricardo See the foolowing KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ricardo" <Ricardo993@comcast.net> wrote in message news:108ff01c4400a$54553f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do > anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help?...