Moving music files to keep them organized but WMP12 cant find them

Over the past three years, I have used WMP to rip backup copies of all my
music.  In addition to the normal album folders, I now have five
miscellaneous folder locations: Variétés, Various, Various Artist, VARIOUS
ARTISTS, and Untitled.  When I try to move the album folders (containing the
music files) from one of these to another, WMP12 no longer sees them and
locks up.  I can no longer play the songs nor delete the album, or any of
it's songs from the library.  Deleating a music folder an re-ripping it, is
no longer an option for many of my CD's, as they are either lost or too
scratched to play.

Is there a correct way to move an album folder from one place to another so
that the WMP12 music library can still access it?

WMP automatically organizes the music files in folders, according to
album title and album artist. Instead of moving these files in Explorer,
edit the album artist of the corresponding songs in WMP's library.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Feedbag wrote:
> Over the past three years, I have used WMP to rip backup copies of all my
> music.  In addition to the normal album folders, I now have five
> miscellaneous folder locations: Variétés, Various, Various Artist, VARIOUS
> ARTISTS, and Untitled.  When I try to move the album folders (containing the
> music files) from one of these to another, WMP12 no longer sees them and
> locks up.  I can no longer play the songs nor delete the album, or any of
> it's songs from the library.  Deleating a music folder an re-ripping it, is
> no longer an option for many of my CD's, as they are either lost or too
> scratched to play.
>
> Is there a correct way to move an album folder from one place to another so
> that the WMP12 music library can still access it?

0
Tim

Move deleted IMAP items to a deleted folder automatically
deleted messges in Outlook appear with a line through them. We would like them to move to a deleted folder rather than stay in the InBox. Is there a way to set that up? Kari <Kari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > deleted messges in Outlook appear with a line through them. We would > like them to move to a deleted folder rather than stay in the InBox. > Is there a way to set that up? No. That's how Outlook handles IMAP deletions. With IMAP, deleted messages do not get removed from the server until you purge them (Edit>Purge Deleted Messages). You can, howev...

Unable import PST file
Currently I'm using MS Outlook 2003 Pro. and now I want to import my Outlook.pst file into MS Outlook 2000 pro. but it promted a error message "The file C:\Documents ans Settings\user folder\Local Settings\Application Data \Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator. This is not possible if you are using the new UNICODE pst-file format. You'll need to export to a Outlook 97-2002 pst-file first. For instructions on how to do this see; htp://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/downgradefr...

Error upon exporting results of query to text file
Using Access 2000 and Windows XP Professional I have a query that, when executed, returns a substantial number of rows. This is exported to a tab delimited text file to be used in correlation with other software. I've exported the results of the query numerous times. Now, all of a sudden, when trying to export to a text file, I get a "Permission denied" error with nothing more than an "OK" button. What could be causing this? The only change made to the query in the midst of all the exporting is a change in the date range criteria. Thanks in ...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

Moving Cells
I have a spreadsheet with text in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, ..... and so on. I would like to have the text in each one of those fields run down the left side for example A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1, I1, etc.... Can this be done? Thanks ! Ty Select all the appropriate cells in Column A, Copy, select B1, on the Edit menu select Paste Special, Transpose. Delete Column A. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Ty" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with text in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, ..... and so on. > > I would like to have the text in each one of those fields run down th...

Importing .dbx files into outlook
I have outlook express running on my XP home computer and want to transfer everything in it to a new computer. I understand I have to import the mailboxes into OE because one can no longer export .iaf files from Outlook. Before I do that, I also have had numerous hard drive crashes which have resulted in retrieved .dbx files of anything up to 12 MB in size. I suppose these must be my inbox files which may well be kinda important. They were probably created using the same version of Outlook Express 5 or 6 which I have been using for some years now. I would like to consolidate all these fil...

Restoring backed-up PST file
I've been using PFBACKUP.EXE to keep my Outlook PST file backed up, and today had a need to restore it. The procedure is not clear, however, and I did get the backup moved to the proper folder to accomplish what I wanted by simple cut and paste, but there must be a better way. What is the proper way to restore one of these backup PST files, by importing it? What is the "Open Backup" option and how does it work? A Google search didn't find a clear answer. -- To reply, nix "nix" in address. Open Backup does what it says, if you have multiple backups ...

Find 2 lowest point to form a trendline
Dear expert, Cell AH67:AH77 contain a series of data. Actaully, they are the results from an array of formula. Sometimes, it has 12 data. Sometimes, the data series has 8 data like this case. The question is that ... I would like to find 2 lowest point so that I can draw a line to form like a trendline (using slope, intercept). =Small(AH67:AH77,1) =Small(AH67:AH77,2) can help .... BUT ... I need the ist and 2nd latest point only. In this case, it should select 18.25 and 24.59 Although 21.36 in 22 Jan is lower than 24.59, but line is drawn forward (not backward). Lowest po...

File access error
I have an asp.net web page that reads lines from a csv file into a database and then deletes the file when successful. The import works fine, but when I go to delete it using the code below I am getting the error "The process cannot access the file 'D:\databases\fapay\RP Imports\filename.csv' because it is being used by another process." Is there a way around this? Thanks. Dim fi2 As FileInfo = New FileInfo(fileName) fi2.Delete() -- David On Feb 3, 4:30=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > I have an asp.net ...

Exch 5.5 Removing Sites from Org but must keep email delivery to them internal
We are removing two sites from our Organization, but need to keep emails to them in the future from going out through the internet and be delivered internally. How can this be accomplished? Also, is there a white paper which details how to remove sites from the organization? My Exchange server was the first server brought up in the organization. Other sites are Exchange 2000 with AD connectors to me, but I am Exchange 5.5. This is part of the clean up prior to my migration to Exchange 2000. ...

Cant Receive Emails through Outlook or OE...
Hi. I have a computer with both Microsoft Outlook and OE installed. Neither one will login to the POP3 Server. The settings are correct. Webmail works. I can telnet into my account. My other computer logs in okay. I can go to the control panel and double-click on the mail icon and go in there and test my settings. It completes all the tests successfully. After doing this the first time it let me login and download all my e-mails. I thought it was fixed, however I tried again and it still doesn't connect. I get a timeout error. I have ran WinsockFix, I deleted the pop3uidl file, and ...

WMP 11--Can't access online content or find album information
I have WMP 11 on Vista Home Premium. If I try to access the online stores or if I go into my library and try to use the "find album information" feature, it won't connect to the internet. My internet connection is setup and working fine, but WMP doesn't seem to recognize it. Incidentally, these features used to work, I believe when I just had internet explorer--I now use Firefox as my default browser, though the connection itself hasn't changed. Any ideas?? First. I suggest not using the album find option... it is full of junk files... Best option ...

Keeps bringing itself to the foreground
At arbitrary points during the day, the Outlook window will bring itself to the foreground. It's not sending and receiving or anything of the sort, it just brings itself to the foreground for now good reason I can identify. This problem continues for about a minute -- every time I go to a different window, Outlook brings itself back to the front within a few seconds. Even if I close Outlook during this time, it will open again and bring itself to the foreground. Has anybody seen this behavior before? ...

Not able to find out XML Difference
Hi, I am not able to find out the Delta XML. Requirement Spec: If I have a file with <ID>101</ID> <Name>BOB</Name> I want to add the changes made to the file like rows added , removed and modified. and then at some point of time need to undo the changes in the original dataset. I am using dataset that is populated from an XML file. If there are changes in the XML file the Delta XML should contain the Modified Column(Only), Added Row, and Deleted Row The diffgram doesn't helps in that. GetChanges method of diffgram when used with Rowstate.Deleted doesn't ...

Need to save a bitmap in some standard graphics file format
Hello, I have bitmaps (they are specialized CD labels) that I construct in a DC, and I need to then be able to write them in some standard graphics file format so they can be imported by typical CD printing software. There are no images in these bitmaps, only text, lines and arcs. So I am looking for an easy, quick way to save these bitmaps to a suitable file. I was thinking .PNG might be the right choice, but I'm open to whatever works. This is for an in-house utility so quick and easy is especially important. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks. BTW, I really do have to gene...

Displaying multiple Excel 2000 files on taskbar
I use Window NT and would like to display several Excel 2000 files across the taskbar. I did a search (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=excel+files+taskbar&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=c94401c11aa9%24587ff2e0%249be62ecf%40tkmsftngxa03&rnum=1) which said to use Tools>Options>View, check the "Windows in Taskbar." This option does not appear to be available to me in Windows NT. Does anyone have any advice to resolve this request? TIA, Pacigirl There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar ...

HELP!!!!!!!outlook keeps crashing
when i have my outlook open, it crashes, i have tried to repair it and still continues to crash, can anyone please help me, thanks Not without much more information. "Ketty" <ketty@boothandbooth.com> wrote in message news:381901c48f6d$bf8f66f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when i have my outlook open, it crashes, i have tried to > repair it and still continues to crash, can anyone please > help me, thanks Holly -- Have you tried to running the repair function for Office (Under Add-Remove Programs)? "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Keep a Formula in Print Area
Ok here is my problem, I know that setting the print area is the easiest solution but for some people I work with that could be to much, sad isnt it. Any way I have techs that fill out a route log saying where they have been for the day. I would like it set that if they select page 2 that it resest the print area. So it would only print the 1st or 1st and 2nd depending on what they set. I cant use any type of macros or anything a email server could consider a virus, so it pretty much just has to be the formula in the print area or something of that extent. My current formula is this =IF(AB4=2...

Move to Bottom of Worksheet Range with Scrollbar
How can I set my worksheet to see last row of the worksheet range when move the scrollbar to the bottom -- Gos- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gos-C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27424 Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gos-C" <Gos-C.1f1zxc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gos-C.1f1zxc@excelforum-nospam.com... > > How can I set...

File cannot be accessed..... help please!!!
I'll be brief... Trouble opening an xls file, error states "blah.xls cannot be accessed.File may be read only........etc" Have opened it OK with MS Works Spreadsheet and thought I'd cracked it...however... although I can open 4 out of the 5 sheets contained within the file, the 5th sheet will not open. The "a" drive is not able to read it at all. The disk was earlier in the "a" drive when the computer was re-booted.Could this cause a problem? (please say no!) Thanks Steve Stephen From what you say I get the idea that the file is on a disk i...

Starting Outlook refers to file ...\Addins\outbak.dll
Recently, each time I start Outlook, I get the message: c:\Documents and Settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\Addins\outbak.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. But the Addins folder has no file. Where would Outlook have this incorrect setting? Any idea what this is? I'm on Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. Close Outlook - find and rename extend.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. If the problem persists, go to Tools->options->advanced->other and check under both COM add-ins, and Add-in Manager. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post a...

XSL File Location
I am trying to modify someone else's XML code and I am having problems. They hard-coded the location of an xslt file in a database and I want to make the file a part of the project. How do I reference the project file in xslt.run(string PathName) without it looking in c:\windows\system32 directory for the file? -- Thanks, Harry Hi Harry, Do you mean that you need to transform an Xml file with a certain Xsl file? The XslTransform.Transform method can accept a string as the xslt file or use the XmlResolver. Please check the following link for more information. http://msdn.microso...

How can I save CBitmap to BMP file?
Thank's :-) Search for the artical titled "Storing an Image" in the MSDN. It gives you an example on how to do it. It does not use a CBitmap, but you can get the information that you will need to call these methods. Larry Bruce Hsiao wrote: > Thank's :-) ...

Copying files to another PC & print macros
Hi, 1. Copying files to another PC This may be a very basic question but I'm new to Outlook I'm using outlook 2003 at home & Outlook 2000 at work. How can I export my contacts & calendar files from my home PC so I can import these to my work PC. I've tried just e-mailing these as .pst file attachments but Outlook won't let me do so. Is this because it is blocking unsafe attachments & if so can I overcome the blocking? I've tried copying them onto floppy disk but Outlook 2000 can't see the files Is this due to the different versions or another issue?...

Running a simple batch file at startup
The CMOS battery is gone bad in my Windows XP machine. Whenever Windows starts, I want to run the 'Date' command to set the current date. How do I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -samah On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:41:38 +0530, samah <samah@mymail.com> wrote: > The CMOS battery is gone bad in my Windows XP machine. > > Whenever Windows starts, I want to run the 'Date' command to set the > current date. How do I accomplish this? Why don't you simply want to replace the battery? It's easy to do and extremely inexpensive (two or t...