MOV files - use ffdshow audio in MP11

I have ffdshow installed on several computers successfully but I have
a problem with one machine that refuses to use ffdshow audio codecs
when it opens video-camera Quicktime MOV files.  The result, of
course, is a silent movie as MP11 can't figure out the audio track
(which I believe is just PCM).

For other ffdshow supported formats MP11 correctly activates video and
audio codecs as necessary, but for the MOV format this particular
machine activates only the ffdshow video and then briefly flashes the
message "Acquiring Codec".  The movie properties show only "-" for the
audio format.

So far I can't figure out what's different between the machines that
work correctly and the one that doesn't.  Can someone tell me how to
determine what codec MP11 is trying to use?

Any other suggestions?
George
0
George

  Try this link for ffdshow info:
http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=ffdshow

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:25:01 -0800, Andrew E. <eckrichco@msn.com>
wrote:

>  Try this link for ffdshow info:
>http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=ffdshow
>
>"George Neuner" wrote:
>
>> I have ffdshow installed on several computers successfully but I have
>> a problem with one machine that refuses to use ffdshow audio codecs
>> when it opens video-camera Quicktime MOV files.  The result, of
>> course, is a silent movie as MP11 can't figure out the audio track
>> (which I believe is just PCM).
>>
>> For other ffdshow supported formats MP11 correctly activates video and
>> audio codecs as necessary, but for the MOV format this particular
>> machine activates only the ffdshow video and then briefly flashes the
>> message "Acquiring Codec".  The movie properties show only "-" for the
>> audio format.
>>
>> So far I can't figure out what's different between the machines that
>> work correctly and the one that doesn't.  Can someone tell me how to
>> determine what codec MP11 is trying to use?
>>
>> Any other suggestions?
>> George

Hi, thanks for the pointers.  I finally figured out that the problem
was not ffdshow but rather the Quicktime installation.  Unfortunately
I could not fix it by configuration alone and had to
uninstall/reinstall both programs to get it working right.

George
0
George

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Help with using data
Hi I would really appreciate some help with extracting data from Outlook. I have been building up a database of clients/prospectives, these are in various categories. I would like to extract/search on various fields as well as my own categories, all i can do with export is extract the whole lot to a tab delimited file. Or export categories to an rge file which I can't use. Any ideas out there? thanks Outlook's Search doesn't suffice? There are 3rd party search applications that might help. What sprcifically stops you from exporting to a format other than TSV? There are other...

SOS! SharePoint Install
I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is Unavailable". Major disaster! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you reboot the server? "Lloyd" wrote: > I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server > 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I > double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is...

Private EDB file
Hi, I am working with a client that has SBS2003 and is using Exchange 2003. There are 14 mailboxes with a total size of 4.5GB. When I look at the file size of the private edb, it is at 17GB. Why is there such a discrepancy and what can I do to shrink the size of the edb, so that I don't run into size limit problems. Thanks, Tom you need to perform offline defragmentation on the databases to also take a look at this site for updates SBS http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/downloads/presp1.mspx http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=19 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192...

Run-time error 438
I'm trying to find out why this code is not working. With Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").ListBox1 .Clear For FillCount = 1 To Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("E1") .AddItem Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("C1").Offset(FillCount, 0) Next FillCount .ListIndex = Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").Range("O1").Value End With Just to clarify, there is a sheet named "Multi-period Code data" and ListBox1 exists on the sheet. The err...

Real Programmers (TM) use MSFT C# not Linux languages (sez an expert)
Don't take my word for it, see what this nationally syndicated author and computer programming guru says... and note the reader's comment at the very end...about Linux...I think he's talking about Linux. Anyway the takeaway executive summary of this article is simple: C# rulz. RL http://programmingzen.com/2010/06/23/how-microsoft-is-changing-the-programm= ing-world/ How Microsoft is changing the programming world Posted on Jun 23rd, 2010 in .NET, Programming Languages | 47 comments Several years ago I knew a programmer, we=92ll call him Joe, who fancied himsel...

Transferring files #4
I have re-installed all my software on a new hard disk. (The old hard disk still installed and working). How do I transfer my diary from my old disk to my new disk please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi Bill, maybe this sites could help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:edlvnj$9gr$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... &g...

Importing .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

trouble sending large files
I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files. When I say large I mean a half meg or larger. The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point. Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and asks what I would like to do. Continue trying or stop. No matter which I pick it stays the same. Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a dial-up. Any suggestions? Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account? If broadband, are you behind a...

Query--using Access 2007
I have a tblAddress table with a lookup field called TypeofAddressID. A company may have many addresses with different TypeofAddressID—such as 1 = Business, 2 = Mailstop, 3 = PO Box, and so on. I need to pull out TypeofAddressID # 1. Then if a 1 is not available, give me the type that is (which may be the PO address or Mailstop). I tried DLookup, Xor, and IIf([TypeofAddressID]=1, 1, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=2, 2, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=3, 3, 4))), but it is listing all addresses per company instead of either or. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster....

Bulk Extract Embedded Files
Word 2003 on XP Is there a way to extract embedded files all in one go? Like the image file extraction process described in http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm but for embedded files? Many thanks DeanH Found the following for extracting embedded word files. Haven't tried it though. Sub ExtractFiles() ' ' ExtractFiles Macro ' ' Dim shape As InlineShape Dim folderName As String Dim a As Document folderName = Replace(ThisDocument.Name, ".", "_") MkDir folderName For Each shape In ThisDocument.InlineShapes ...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

convert money plus files into money 2007
I downloaded the new trailversion of money Plus. Now I do not like the new version of money Plus . I had money 2007, but now I cannot convert my money files from the Money plus version into the Money 2007 version. What can I do? When you converted your M2007 file to M+ there was a screen message telling you that it had made a backup. You *of course* made a note of this!?!? If you didn't go and look for a file *.m16. Rename this as *.mny and reinstall M2007. Of course you will have to reinput all transactions since the conversion. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money F...

Shared file doesn't share
We have a shared file that now gives us a message that someone else is in the file and do we want to open as read only. Anybody know what might cause this? Well... YOu can set the file to read-only by right clicking on the file and choose the properties dialog box to avoi getting this error message. THis will prevent you from modifying the file kanan ...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

How do I create a pdf or txt file?
I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is there anyway to do that without the software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Deana, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with Word problems. However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection = which should ha...

Intermitent file problem?
Running Outlook 2003 and from time to time the frame with the Inbox list of emails and viewing pane will be blank with an error message stating the system is busy and that perhaps something else has it tied up. How can I debug and fix? ...

How do I delete excess pages from a file?
I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. What does the file look like from your end? Has it got 1,700 pages or just one? "deejai03" wrote: > I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told > me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. In Excel jargon a File is a workbook. A workbook can have multiple worksheets. A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed. What exactly is the...

can only see one page of a multiple page publisher file
today can only see the first page of a file in publisher....checked the attributes removed the read only....could not remove from overall i.e. my documents...can pull up on another computer via network and see all....so file appears to be okay...can also print all pages, but can only see and work with page one...HELP.....AND A BIG THANKS TO WHOMEVER!!!! What happens when you try to click on the other pages? Do you have the status bar turned on? (View - Status bar) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CON" <CON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel
Hi, Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name. Thanks Pelle Hi this is just the way Excel works. For a function translation see: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

how can I enter 453. to show as 453 instead of 4.53 when using th.
I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as 4.53 But when I want to enter 60 and I enter 60. I get .60 Any thoughts? Enter 60. with the decimal point at the end. In article <B343D637-7039-48CA-AB16-6B389D3A441A@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want > to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as >...

File format is invalid
I have a file that I update and save daily. yesterday when I went t open it I got the following message: File Format Not Valid. This pop up in middle of the screen. the only option it gives me is a butto that says OK. I have tried to recover an old version of the file usin the windows recovery tool but I keep this file on an external driv which it does not recover. Any help with how to get this file bac would be greatly appreciated. Pau -- pserra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pserra2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

can't save files in Office2001 running on OSX
I'm running Office2001 for mac on my OSX system through OS9. The applications work fine until I try to save. "Save", "Save As", and "Save as Web Page" all make the windows blink as if it's going to do something, but then nothing else happens--no save window, no files on my hard drive. Any ideas why this might be happening, or how I can fix it? You thoughts are greatly appreciated! Jake ...

How to Insert clips in Outlook using Clip Art Organizer
My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This option has disappeared and I have not been able to find out how to get it back. Any ideas? "Tamara" <Tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CADF265E-7DBB-46EB-8077-CA78137FE4C3@microsoft.com... > My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art > Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This > option > has disappeare...