Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities

Date 5/4/2010
Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform.  This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.

Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and off-topic management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by facilitating discussions in a clean space.

We understand that some newsgroups are still active, and important to the community.  In the coming days and weeks, we will be rolling out tools and resources to minimize disruption to the community discussions.

We are working diligently on providing additional resources and information in local languages later this week.  In the meantime, please refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx concerning this issue.  The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made available in additional languages in the next few days.

0
nntp

Microsoft Equation 3.0
Answered in other newsgroup. Please do not multipost -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Robin Scott" <RobinScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8800FBDC-5EF4-4819-A7A1-F2BC65852ED5@microsoft.com... > ...

Product Key problems with Microsoft Office 2004
Have installed everything ok, but when I get to stage 4 of the installation process, 'Product Key', after I type the 20 long product key and click 'finish', a message pops up from the top stating 'Please verify the product key you have entered is correct', yet there is nothing for me to click on to confirm that it is correct, other than the 'finish' button at the top. Any help greatly appreciated. Thom Wood I think that probably means it is not correct. My office 2004 has a 25 digit product key. On 5/14/05 5:01 PM, "Woodie127@hotmail.com" wrot...

Exporting Database From Outlook 2000 to Microsoft XP
I am running Outlook 2000 in my office and want to copy my database contacts, file and folders to my home computer running XP. Is it possible? How? When you say 'home computer running XP', do you mean Office XP? It's easy to do. From Outlook 2000: File -> import and export -> export to a file -> next -> personal folder file -> next -> click the top level of the tree, select 'include subfolders' -> next -> set the export location -> next -> name the pst -> click OK. Copy the file to your home machine. From Office XP do the reverse...

OE inbox will not respond
On 27/8/04 I download some e mail, now I am unable to open my inbox. ALL other function work etc. However I can not open my inbox and a report is sent to Microsoft. Can anybody help. PS I have spyware and current antivirus and nothing and no virus is picked up. Can someone help. See reply to your other post. theslime wrote: > On 27/8/04 I download some e mail, now I am unable to > open my inbox. ALL other function work etc. However I can > not open my inbox and a report is sent to Microsoft. Can > anybody help. PS I have spyware and current antivirus and > nothing and no v...

Why has my Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 stopped working all of a
I got on Outlook this morning as usual and it started downloading my messages. One message was 31MB and it was taking forever to download (I'm talking less than 1MB after 10 minutes of downloading slow). I ended Outlook and got on my ISP website to get my messages (the messages are automatically on the ISP site when you login). After I got my messages of that website I re-opened Outlook to start using it again and now it won't do anything. It automatically sends and receives my messages when I open and it was goin through the process and it was saying "Receiving 3 of...

Switch license from Microsoft Office 2003 to MAC OS X?
I have a paid license for Microsoft Office 2003 that I used on my Windows XP Toshiba laptop. Is it possible to change that to MAC OS X or do I need to buy a whole new program? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284554189_116320 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 1/30/08 12:41 AM, in article ee8b4f0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "FUN_LS1@officeformac.com" <FUN_LS1@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have a paid licen...

I am tired of Microsoft Exchange problems
I had my sbs2003 server going good. No service packs for windows or exchange. Everything worked fine. We wanted to do RPC over Http for Outlook2003. So I installed Exchange SP1. Got that done and know we can't connect to OWA for our internal users. I installed the fix for it and now OWA gave a 503 error. Hell this thing was working yesterday just fine. I wonder if Microsoft tested OWA after installing Exchange SP1. Anyone have any advice? Thanks Latest SP for Exchange 2003 is Service Pack 2. Have you tried installing Exchange SP2? In addition, SBS 2003 has SP1 to install. I will a...

FW: Prove this important patch from the Microsoft
--ypwozsxjwdazmvav Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pqyxjhuyigie"; type="multipart/alternative" --pqyxjhuyigie Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cfsknghukn" --cfsknghukn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping yo...

Using Access for Microsoft Navision Reporting
I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and are willing to share their experiences with this approach. Thanks! Brad -- Brad "Brad" wrote:subed going to jail > I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to > produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and > are willing to share their experiences with this approach. > > Thanks! > > Brad > > > > > -- ...

Suggestion to Microsoft: Accessibility feature request
Ability to change background colors on Money 2007 from default white -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Money 2007 (and probably previous versions as well) does not honor the color scheme chosen on Windows and IE (except of course on pages where content is loaded from a website and rendered using IE itself). My eyes start irritating within half an hour of working with a software application having a white background. Needless to say that I lower the monitors brightness as well as change the default color schemes. Microsoft has always been t...

Help: need mac version of microsoft excel executable
I just updated my office from 10.0.0 to 10.1.5 (apply 10.1.2, 10.1.4 then 10.1.5), however, I did a mistake that excel was still open while I ran the updates. Despite the update installer told me the updates were successfully, my excel won't be able to start anymore. When I checked the version of my excel, it stayed at 10.0.0! I wonder if anyone can send me the excel executable of version 10.1.x. Thanks very much. Samuel In article <7718323c.0408020709.1b8fd690@posting.google.com>, samuelh@seed.net.tw (Shianmiin) wrote: > I just updated my office from 10.0.0 to 10.1.5 (apply ...

cash flow not responding
I use Money 2002. In the last couple of days I notice that they clashflow button does not display my cash flow. It has quit for no apparent reason. When I try to access it either from the menu or tool bar the busy cursor comes up for about two seconds then nothing. From what ever money window I am in nothing changes. Any Ideas? Danny See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q67. "DannyRMyers" <dannyrmyers@comcast.net> wrote in message news:816301c40305$585df950$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money 2002. In the last couple of days I notice > that they clashflow butto...

Microsoft Plans To Release New POS Solution [1]...
.... Just as it is doing with its Windows client software, Microsoft is developing customized variants of its Windows Embedded operating system for specific markets. The first of what could be a full line of Windows Embedded variants will be Windows Embedded for Point of Service, company officials said Monday... -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ [1] http://w...

MAPISP32 Stops Responding.
I am experiencing the following article problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=% 2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsearch.asp%3FArticle%3D255902 in Outlook 98 article 255902 OL98 MAPISP32.exe stops responding in MAPI32.dll because a race condition and multi-threaded notification. This article states that a fix is available but I cannot find it. Can you help. Thanks. bdwhite@att.com Quote from the article: To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and informa...

Microsoft Run Time Error Mesaages
Please can someone help me or point me in the right direction over an ongoing problem I have. Whilst using the Internet, I constantly get a Microsoft Message pop-up on the screen saying the "Run-Time" Error has expired. No matter whether you click on "OK" or the red cross box in the top left hand corner of the message box, the internet is immediately shut down and you have to reopen it to continue. This is most annoying when you are in the middle of a specific function on the internet. Can someone please tell me how to rectify this problem. ...

Integrate Ericsson Call Center Client into Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi! the call center client application have API in COM Object (build in C++), all the call features and fucntion can call from the API, i have no idea's on how to integrate this com object into the CRM Client so that when have an incoming service call, the CRM client will pop up the call case window and the user also able to answer or hang up the call from the CRM client interface. i have study the CRM SDK but still can find the solution. Appriciate can give me some clues to start. Thanks! ...

Small Business Accounting and Microsoft POS
We have recently converted from Quick Books to Small Business Accounting. A post in the SBA general group referenced Microsoft POS. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.sba.general&lang=en&cr=US After looking at the POS site it does not mention SBA. Description of the product/solution for our Small Business to convert from just "cash registers" sounds appealing. From the site: Microsoft Point of Sale works with the Microsoft Office System and QuickBooks Accounting Software to streamline store operations. Sounds great, but we j...

Upgrade path from Microsoft Money 1.0 for Pocket PC
I am looking to move my old Microsoft Money data to something a bit more modern. Currently I can't even pull any of the database files off my PocketPC using ActiveSync. And backup/restore of the whole PocketPC is pretty tempermental. Help! Version of OS is Windows CE 3.0.9348. ...

What is the best online consolidator
What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of numerous bank and brokerage accounts. I understand that each will remain seperate. On Jun 19, 4:09=A0pm, "WOppenhe" <woppe...@ucla.edu> wrote: > What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of > numerous bank and brokerage accounts. =A0I understand that each will rema= in > seperate. I've played with Yodlee for a few years - it keeps getting better and better ...

MONEY 2001 Online Service Problem
When I try to access Tools>Online Service in Money 2001, I get the following errors: "Server name not recognized. OFXIE12007" "Unable to connect to Online Quotes Server" It used to work fine just recently. Can you confirm if MS has changed the Online Service server name to force people to upgrade? ...

Online Defragmentation and Exchange 5.5
When my Exchange database defragments itself, it tells me I have about 1200MB of free space. Does that mean I have 1200MB left until I hit the 16GB limit, or am I reading the results of event ID 1221 wrong? Thanks, John On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:20:24 -0500, "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote: >When my Exchange database defragments itself, it tells me I have about >1200MB of free space. Does that mean I have 1200MB left until I hit the >16GB limit, or am I reading the results of event ID 1221 wrong? > >Thanks, > >John > 1200MB of free spa...

lotro gold | lord of the ring online | wow | buy /sell
http://www.wowmmocom.com you can buy the cheapest lotro gold in our website http://www.wowmmocom.com,we'll provid you the reliable and instant delivery our msn: julieook@hotmail.com website: http://www.wowmmocom.com Did you know this is a Microsoft CRM forum? You're post is irrelevant to this software... On Nov 9, 5:56 am, julie...@hotmail.com wrote: > http://www.wowmmocom.com > > you can buy the cheapest lotro gold > in our websitehttp://www.wowmmocom.com,we'll > provid you the reliable and instant delivery > > our msn: julie...@hotmail.com > webs...

About procedures in microsoft support
Hi. Is it possible someway to save (or print) all the answers of a newsgroup of Microsoft support (for example EXCEL team), without going question by question? Thank you. George wrote: > Is it possible someway to save (or print) all the answers of a newsgroup of > Microsoft support (for example EXCEL team), without going question by > question? Not sure about saving all at one go .. but if you want to run through the past threads (albeit on-line), one way is to start at Google's: "About microsoft.public.excel" page (for example). You'll find detailed summarie...

[ESC
Hi Guys; I don't know if this is something you can address or not... Diane & I - both Comcast subscribers - have had problems all week receiving from this one newsgroup. Between ~9:00 PM Sunday & ~10:00 AM Wednesday I received one message. Perhaps 4 posts (total) came through Tue, Wed & Thu, then nothing until 2 posts (in the same thread) today (Sat) between 11 AM & 1:30 PM. Other MVPs - not using Comcast - have indicated that there has definitely been a rather steady volume of traffic in the group. I also looked at the group via Mactopia & confirmed that there have...

Microsoft Money 2004 is much too talkative
Microsoft Money 2004 frequently decides to talk to my wife. "Welcome to..." and "You are now going to..." and so on. We both hate it. Is there a way to disable the talking? Thanks, Paul Upper right hand corner is an icon of a speaker (left of the question mark). Click on it. Greg "Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]" <paulb@online.rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:eJNKwn2oEHA.3460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Money 2004 frequently decides to talk to my wife. "Welcome > to..." > and "You are now going to..." and ...