Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi

I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected
I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying
to check for updates or web items.
Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have
an answer.
Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11

any help guys?

in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times

Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options.

If you download and run Process Explorer -
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx - and look
for wmplayer.exe in the process list, you should be able to see which
program launched WMP (this program will be wmplayer.exe's parent).

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Duane K wrote:
> I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected
> I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying
> to check for updates or web items.
> Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have
> an answer.
> Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11
>
> any help guys?
>
> in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times

0
Tim

UPC Equation #5
Okay awesome. Thanks so much for the help guys. I went with some hidde cells to insert the extra parts of the formula. Now, is there a way t make it apply to each and every field in Column A? and Column B? Thanks -- PneumaG ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PneumaGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27326 You didn't mention exactly which formulas you went with, but just click on the fill handle, and drag down to copy as far as neede...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Form opens to blank record
I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button - it keeps opening on a particular record and I want it to open onto a blank record - how do I go about changing this? Thanks C (P.S. only a shakey understanding of code so if answer includes this - go easy on me and explain! Thanks) When you say: " I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button..." you are not talking about the use of Microsoft Office FrontPage, are you? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-FrontPage-2003-OLD-VERSION/dp/B0000AZJV8 I *thi...

Creat a time book
I'm building a semi automated time book in Access. what i want is to be able to give access a two week period prefferably by specifying the beginning and end dates and have access add an entry to a table i'm going to call the 'Time Book' for each person in a personnell table for each day. the best i have been able to come up with is to pack a Macro with 14 queries, each adds one more day to a specified starting point. one of the problems i'm running into is that some of the shifts run over night and Access doesn't calculate the shift end correctly. I wo...

OWA Keeps prompting for login
Hi, I am using exchange 2003 and OWA seems to be working fine EXCEPT for one user. When he logs in via OWA he keeps getting prompted for his user id and password 4 times then it errors out. If I do a refresh on the browser after the error I get into his folders. He has the same problem logging in with USER@DOMAIN.COM and DOMAIN/USER. I can login as other users from the same PC just fine and dandy, just not his id. He gets the error going to EXCHANGE.DOMAIN.COM/EXCHANGE Funny thing is if he goes to EXCHANGE.DOMAIN.COM/EXCHANGE/USER he logs in first time right away. He has domain u...

How do I keep a picture background from tiling on the page?
How do I keep a picture from tiling when using it as a page background? Instead of using the "background" feature, insert it as a watermark or (which amounts to the same thing) anchor it to the header and set the wrapping to Behind Text (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E66539CA-E51A-400F-BF62-CF777A014C66@microsoft.com... > How do I keep a picture from ...

Outlook 2003 won't open in ie but outlook express does
I just upgraded my harddrive form 120 gb to 400 gb using segates disk utility and when all was done eveything except system restore and the read email link from ie 7 worked fine. OL express would open and run ok but OL 2003 would not, no error just won't open. Doesnt' work in firefox either. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, no luck. Have unistalled ie7, no go either. Got system restore to work again by diabling the service from the managment console then starting it from the system restore tab in my computers/proporties. There seems to be some connection from ie to outlook...

Category totals over time...
Good morning... Is there a way within Money 2007 to graph the income or expense in a given category over time? For example, I might want to graph the monthly sums of my Dining Out expense over the past few years. -Ed In microsoft.public.money, Ed Markovich wrote: > >Is there a way within Money 2007 to graph the income or expense in a >given category over time? > >For example, I might want to graph the monthly sums of my Dining Out >expense over the past few years. You could start with the Income and Spending Over Time report. Customize to select just the category you w...

Exchange 2003 OWA #5
I accidentally killed my default website that contained the exchange virtual directories. Can someone tell me how to recreate them? Thanks ...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Opening in browser
I've seen the article on howto-outlook.com. The code is working fine, but is it possible to add to it so that it opens, prints page 1 then closes the browser? Basically I need something that will allow users to print the first page of an email via a macro. Thanks What article? What code? What version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Andy Smith" <AndySmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Windows Media Player 10 Failure to Add Songs to Library Automatica
I'm running WMP10 and Windows XP. I've been using the Player for 4 years and this is the first time this issue has ever occurred. My laptop seemingly randomly froze recently, and I had not choice but to shut it down manually and restart it. After the restart, everything was back to normal except the WMP. It won't detect the songs in My Music folder as it has done for the last 4 years. If I go to the folder and play the song, it will work fine but it won't add the song to my WMP library, making a continuous playback of all my songs impossible and destroying the poi...

how can i start using excel for the first time?
i cant figure out how to get excel to work for me and im a first time user of it? i Cant get nothing to work on it? can anyone please help me here Paul Can you get Excel to start up? Can you get a blank workbook to open via File>New? For basics on Excel see.......... http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:39:02 -0800, "Paul Scheffer" <Paul Scheffer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i ...

Can't open attachments in Outlook Express
I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the name of the attachment is shown. I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? Or is this a setting problem? I need some help ASAP as I have students who are depending on me for some answers Thank you very much Tim wrote: > I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed > access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the > name of the attachment is shown. > > I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? > Or ...

GAB replication between Exchange 2003 and 5.5
Hello We have exchange 5.5 server in our organization. address book is replicating with Exchange 5.5 of another organization. We want to migrate to Exch2003. How can I remain replication? Thank You! Keep the existing of Exchange SRS Server which is the first Exchange Server 2003 installed under Exchange 5.5 Organization. and keep the Exchange 5.5 Server which has the GAB. do not remove any exchange 5.5 server. Alaa Al-Ankar "Shurick" <Shurick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF178F7C-F241-4E75-9F07-95AA8BC04E98@microsoft.com... > Hello > > We...

how can I keep top-level windows in their relative z-order
A top level window will come to the top of the z-order (here I am assuming no always-on-top windows) when activated, say by clicking on it. But the owner of a top-level window will never be brought above its owned windows. Does anyone know of a simple way to prevent the top-level windows of an application from changing their z-order when activated? Why do I want to do this? I have an application that allows transparent Flash controls. As you know, transparent Flash control must be housed in a top-level window (Actually, they must be housed in a WS_EX_LAYERED window and a WS_EX_LAYERED...

AA window should not have to open automatically if GL is linked.
When the user sets the Transaction Dimension Codes to "optional", the user may not want to deal with the AA pop windows if he/she decides not to record the transaction against the dimension code. -- Greg. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

How to keep Outlook email conversations expanded all the time?
Gurus, I previously asked how do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? The answer was to go to View > Arrange By > Conversation (answer thanks to Milly Staples). My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the time, automatically? -- Spin Spin wrote: > > My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the > time, automatically? I never found a way myself, but what I did do wa...

SetUp Exchange OWA 5.5 on WIN 2000 Server
Hi, I have using a Windows 2000 Server WIth Exchange 5.5 SP4 ANd I setup a OWA on Exchange 5.5, When I open it on IE , It display Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8) Object required: 'Application(...)' /exchange/USA/logon.asp, line 12 And I Check on MIcrosoft Website http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248718 Follow his step to Fix it .. See . RESOLUTION To resolve this problem: 1.. Start the Internet Information Server (IIS) Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, and expand the Transaction Server folder. 2.. Click Computers, click My ...

VBA Editor Not Opening
I've got a workstation that will not open up the VBA editor in GP. I'm logged into the machine as Administrator and GP as 'sa.' Does anybody know what would prevent you from being able to open the VBA editor? I tried it in Office 2007 on the user's machine and was able to press <Alt-F11> to open the VBA editor. This is version 10.00.0903. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, Try to unregister then register the DEXVBA.DLL file using the REGSVR32.EXE program. You can find the DEXVBA.DLL file under your GP installation folder. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez,...