Media player ripping incorrect CD

I have media player version 11.0.5721.5268 and Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with
service pack 3.  i have a 3 volume CD to copy into my computer.  when i try
ripping it the 2nd cd only comes up with a totally different cd from
microsoft's library, I guess.  how do i get it to just read my cd and copy it?

Right-click one of the tracks of the CD and select Find Album Info. In
the window that appears, find the correct album, and complete the
subsequent steps to apply the found album information to the CD.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Ginny wrote:
> I have media player version 11.0.5721.5268 and Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with
> service pack 3.  i have a 3 volume CD to copy into my computer.  when i try
> ripping it the 2nd cd only comes up with a totally different cd from
> microsoft's library, I guess.  how do i get it to just read my cd and copy it?
0
Tim
3/3/2010 3:06:15 PM
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:06:15 +0100, Tim De Baets <tdebaets@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Right-click one of the tracks of the CD and select Find Album Info. In
>the window that appears, find the correct album, and complete the
>subsequent steps to apply the found album information to the CD.

Also, sometimes WMP doesn't "notice" the disk has changed when it's
from a set of 2 or 3 in a series.

It's often worth ripping a totally different CD from a different
boxset (or an individual dick you haven't ripped yet) as quite often
WMP wil then notice the disk is #2 of 3, rather than thinking it's got
the same signature as disk #1 of 3

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
1
Neil
3/3/2010 11:33:48 PM
Snip >Right-click one of the tracks of the CD and select Find Album Info. In
> >the window that appears, find the correct album, and complete the
> >subsequent steps to apply the found album information to the CD.

What if the CD is not there?  then need to use ' Edit' but edit gives you
the information for the wrong CD - even to the point of only showing the
number of tracks in the wrong CD and not the number of tracks on the CD that
you are trying to copy.  Seems to assume that AMG has ALL the CDs ever
created and that exceptions simply don't exist.  I can give examples if
needed.   Can this be fixed?
See my reply to your other thread in this newsgroup (WMP 11 -
Identifying the CD when ripping).

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Scottmit wrote:
> Snip >Right-click one of the tracks of the CD and select Find Album Info. In
>>> the window that appears, find the correct album, and complete the
>>> subsequent steps to apply the found album information to the CD.
>
> What if the CD is not there?  then need to use ' Edit' but edit gives you
> the information for the wrong CD - even to the point of only showing the
> number of tracks in the wrong CD and not the number of tracks on the CD that
> you are trying to copy.  Seems to assume that AMG has ALL the CDs ever
> created and that exceptions simply don't exist.  I can give examples if
> needed.   Can this be fixed?

0
Tim

Incorrect Mailbox Size/Item Count for User
Hello, We began receiving warnings that our mailbox store was reaching its maximum size so I asked our users to start cleaning up their mailboxes to reduce the size. For the most part this has worked. Unfortunately, this did not work for one user. He has since deleted many of his e-mails, but the Exchange System Manager is still reporting that he has 18,000+ items. I looked at his e-mail folders and there is no way that this could be the case. If I had to estimate I would say 3000-4000 tops. I even checked and he deleted all the recoverable "deleted items" the ...

incorrect info store size
Hi Guys, I have a client running SBS2003 standard and they recently reached their 16Gb limit, so I copied the priv1 files and ran an offline defrag on the Database. This only cleared up about 1.5GB, so we asked the client to archive. However, when I added all the mailboxes together, they only added up to about 8GB, nowhere near the 15GB of the database. What was interesting however, was the copied priv1 files (not degraged) only added up to 8GB, even though I copied files which added up to 16GB. Very strange. This leads me to believe that the information store size is being displa...

Publisher CD Key #2
I have previously installed Publisher and now when I try to open the program it asks me for my CD key. I do not have the jewel case that has the CD key on it anymore. What do I do now? Thanks. Bummer hey!!! Bill Gates urgently needs your money, go and buy the latest version. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Hi Vince, Assuming you are in the US, call Microsoft at (425) 635-7056. It's not a toll-free number but they can get you up and running relatively quickly. The call may cost you a few bucks (under $5) for the call. I h...

how do I get the outlook 2003 SBS cd running?
i purchased the book with the CD but somehow it seems that nothing works. the instructions in the book are useless!! how do I get the SBS series to work? What is supposed to be on the CD? (FYI this forum supports Outlook, not books.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you keep Outlook...

BCWS Incorrect in Resource Usage View
Using Microsoft Project 2007, I am trying to look at the BCWS data for resources on one project. When I select the Resource Usage View, it properly displays the Work and Actual Cost data for each resource. Expanding the resource shows all of the tasks and their corrrect Work and Actual Cost data;however, the BCWS summary data for each resource is at best erratic! Some resources show 0 BCWS in the Resource summary, but when the resource is expanded the correct BCWS values are shown for each task. One Resource shows a summary BCWS of over 7000 even though the Work is 1500 hours. ...

x86 Proc WH_MOUSE Mouse Data Incorrect After First To CallNextHook
We have a 32 bit process that uses several thread only WH_MOUSE callbacks. We are in the process of testing the application under 64 bit versions of Windows. The issue we are seeing has to do with the mouse data value not being correct after the first call to CallNextHookEx. Let me start from the beginning. There are three thread only WH_MOUSE callbacks installed by the application. When the first callback is notified of mouse activity, I check the lParam value in memory and notice that either 0x0078 (120) or 0xFF88 (-120) is at the end of the structure defined for WH_MOUSE ...

2007 How do I copy emails to CD?
-- Lee Jeffries Insuramax, Inc. Louisville, KY 40 Users,TAM 9.3, fax@dvantage6.2, ETFile4.3 "Lee Jeffries" <leej@insuramax.com> wrote in message news:%2382Z1SSCJHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Nothing Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question, not just in the subject line. Thank you. Posted here almost once a day: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH ...

freeware version of MP4 Player
Searching with google, found choices that seem to be only for WinXP, Vista, Windows 7 platforms Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free? Also, this machine comes up as Win98SE, but can't run Adobe's Reader for SE, just Adobe Reader for FE. Don't know what that means, but may be important in the choice of a good MP4 Player. Robert Macy wrote: > Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free? Media Player Classic ? VLC (VideoLan) ? On Apr 15, 7:07=A0pm, 98 Guy <9...@Guy.com> wrote: > Robert Macy wrote: > > Anybody r...

outlook opens all hyperlinks with media player
Hi, Whenever i click a hyperlink in an email it tries to open in media player (and ofcourse gives an error then). Any help on how to resolve this would be helpfull. Load IE Goto Tools, Options. Then goto Program tab Put a tick in the IE should check.... box "Silby" <Silby@nothanks.net> wrote in message news:fsqpb.83$Ew.54326@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > Hi, > > Whenever i click a hyperlink in an email it tries to open in media player > (and ofcourse gives an error then). > Any help on how to resolve this would be helpfull. > > ...

Windows Media Play & srt files
I did write a post saying, since upgrading to Vista, WMP would no longer play SRT subtitles. No-one offered to help me, and being charitable I assume no-one knew! Well. I had googled previously without result, but googling again I found the answer, namely to download DirectVobSub. I read that WMP does not play srt files by default. Hoping this post helps some people, if any, who have had similar trouble. -- David Barnett ...

Microsoft Money CD wanted to buy.
I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version 14.0.100.1105. Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. Ebay or Amazon or use google to find others. -- Peace, BobJ "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1EFD25-8859-459F-B7F2-162E3170B8EC@microsoft.com... >I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version >14.0.100.1105. > Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. ..1105 was a download service patch to the shipped M05 CDs. I'm not sure--doubt if--they ever slipstreamed this onto...

Incorrect quantity transferred from SOP order to invoice
What's the correct way to fix an incorrect quantity that was transferred to an invoice? For example, say we have an order with many line items where half of the items were fulfilled, some were partial-shipped. When the order transfers to an invoice, we realize that the fulfilled quantity was wrong on one of the items. We can change the QTY Fulfilled and QTY to Invoice on the invoice but how do we fix the order so that the difference doesn't transfer again? Do we go into the order and enter the difference in Cancelled QTY, although that would be misleading when an inquiry is ...

Album not found when ripping
Why doesn't WMP recognise Marina & The Diamonds' new album, "The Family Jewels" when I rip it? It comes up with Chieli Minucci instead (whoever he is). This album has been in the top 40 for three weeks now. Im not impressed. It recognised my copy of the album and the EP too. I'm in the UK. "Reddyfreddy" <Reddyfreddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B87890-87DA-48B4-81BC-179CB7F03E1F@microsoft.com... > Why doesn't WMP recognise Marina & The Diamonds' new album, "The Family > Jewels" when I rip ...

Failure to start without CD
I use Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 Pro system. It has worked well for a couple of years, as does the rest of the office suite. Now, however, on starting Publisher it triggers the Windows Installer and need the CD (SR-2) for a few seconds only beforre its starts normally. Any ideas why? John You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner htt...

LOST CD KEY NUMBER
help, i lost the original case the install cd came with for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the disk under different files to find a source for the number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original registration info and get microsoft to give me an install cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer? any suggestions? fred How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup htt...

copying .pst files to cd #2
i got a new computer, and i want to transfer my inbox and sent messages files from the old computer to the new one. however, my .pst archives do not show up in explorer or in my cd burner "explorer" and when i located the files through "find files" and then dragged them into the cd burner i/o box, it cannot see them and doesn't copy them onto the cd... how in the world do i do this seemingly simple thing: copying files onto a cd so i can transfer them to my new computer and then import them into my new computer's outlook? this is the most ridiculous thing ...

get speed between device incorrect in Win7 with two controller
when I debug a 1394B image device driver on windows 7 x64, I found the result of REQUEST_GET_SPEED_BETWEEN_DEVICES requesting incorrect sometimes, I have two controller, one 1394B (TI's PCIE chip), one is 1394A, my image device run at S800, and connected on 1394B port. I want to get the speed between device and host is 8 (S800), but sometimes I got 4 when I power on my device with cable had connected. Is there a bug of windows 7 1394 bus stack? thanks for any helps. -- Steven ...

Font Size Incorrect
I'm having a problem with the font size in Outlook 2002 appearing too small when composing a message. It's set for 10pt arial in the configuration but appears to be only about 5 or 6 pts on the screen. When a test message is sent it's the correct size on the recipient's screen. I've gone through all of the settings and have compared them to another machine that is working properly. All appears to be the same. Have also run the Detect and Repair function. My operating system is Windows 2k Professional. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Tom What is your default scre...

Stopping media player from downloading information when ripping
I have a lot of old music on cds that I want on my computer and everytime I pop one in I get this message....Is there a way to stop it from checking after every disk?? Windows Media Player cannot download media information for the CD. The tracks,artist, and album will be identified as "Unknown" in your library. For best results, connect to the internet or manuall ad media information for the CD. What version of WMP and Windows? Try right-clicking the unknown album title in WMP, select Edit, and enter the correct title. Do you still get the message the next time ...

Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition for Windows XP
have purchased a copy of the above software, downloaded and typed in product activation key and was told incorrect product key. ...

SETUP BOOTSTRAPPER PROBLEM OFFICE 2000 prevents CD 2 installati...
I'm using Office 2000 Word, Excel and Access and have installed or reinstalled it from CD 1 three times on 8-month old XP Home Edition, no problem. Now I would like to install CD 2 programs and use Publisher. When CD 2 is inserted I get message, "MS Office setup bootstrapper has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can read some files on CD 2 but not the setup.hlp. I installed CD 2 on previous computer but never used programs. My latest reinstall of CD 1 was for purpose of getting a prompt to continue with CD 2, which didn't happen. I think when I installed CD 2 on o...

Media Center 2005 Online Spotlight Not Displaying Content
I have Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP3. When I access Online Spotlight, I get a screen that discusses Media Center for Windows 7 & its features (indicating with a message that "Not Designed For Media Center" - displaying viewing options for now or later), but the items that were originally on Media Center 2005 Onlight Spotlight, like MSNBC, Cinemanow, etc., do not display any longer. How do I get the Online Spotlight that came with Windows XP Media Center 2005? Check the settings:- Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Languages &g...

Exchange 2003 & Windows Media Server co-existence?
Hi all, Has anyone out there had experience running Exchange 2003 and Windows Media Server on the same Windows 2003 Enterprise server? It seems the 2003 version of Windows Media Server requires Enterprise edition of Windows for what we use it for, and we currently only run one server with Enterprise. If possible it would be nice to simply install Media Services on the Exchange box (since it has plenty of available resources), but I don't want to compromise the reliability of my Exchange server either. Anybody know of any issues this can cause, or have you done this and seen it work fin...

Cd-rom template
Where can I download a square cornerbusiness card cd-rom template? I am burning and labeling my own audio-video business cards using a CD-Stomper applicator. However, my blank cd-roms are rectangular with SQUARE corners. The CdStomper template has ROUND corners. Thanks, Ray What is a "audio-video business card"? Are you saying the discs are rectangular? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AF41585-6FB2-4651-992A-94EAB26A0A31@microsoft.com... > Where can I download a square cornerbusiness card cd-rom templ...