How can I just play ONE song?

I've spent years now trying to figure out how a person can select just one
song to play in media player and then stop.  It insists on playing the next
song in the library unless I specifically stop it.  I've looked through the
options in every catagory and there is nothing that I can find to adjust for
this.  I can't imagine that they would have designed WMP without the option
to have just one song played.  Does anyone know what the privilaged secret is
to changing this?  Thank you in advance.

"hereshopin" <hereshopin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've spent years now trying to figure out how a person can select just one
> song to play in media player and then stop.  It insists on playing the
> next
> song in the library unless I specifically stop it.  I've looked through
> the
> options in every catagory and there is nothing that I can find to adjust
> for
> this.  I can't imagine that they would have designed WMP without the
> option
> to have just one song played.  Does anyone know what the privilaged secret
> is
> to changing this?  Thank you in advance.

Click  the one track in the library, right click and select Play.....NOT
Play All

0
Ken
4/6/2010 7:35:21 PM

"Ken Tukyfriedturkey" wrote:

> "hereshopin" <hereshopin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've spent years now trying to figure out how a person can select just one
> > song to play in media player and then stop.  It insists on playing the
> > next
> > song in the library unless I specifically stop it.  I've looked through
> > the
> > options in every catagory and there is nothing that I can find to adjust
> > for
> > this.  I can't imagine that they would have designed WMP without the
> > option
> > to have just one song played.  Does anyone know what the privilaged secret
> > is
> > to changing this?  Thank you in advance.
>
> Click  the one track in the library, right click and select Play.....NOT
> Play All
>

> .Thanks that worked.  I've never right clicked on a song to play it--always double clicked.  I have to remember to try right clicking more often.  ;)  Thanks again.

splitting one column into two columns ... not what you think
i have fixed column widths that can't be changed; nor can any other columns be added to the worksheet ... i've got data in one column that represents "results" ... within the results column though, i need two columns (starting directly below the "results" cell, one that reads "in range" and that other that reads "out of range" ... so: if i'm on [column a] [cell 1] i want: "results" ... in [column a] [cell 2] i want: "in range" AND "out of range" with a line down the middle. "text to column" is ...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Passing data from one form to another

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

Can't turn off a reminder!
An appointment reminder keeps popping up, but when I try to dismiss or open it I get a message saying "Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. Cannot locate recurrance for this appointment." This appointment no longer exists in my calendar so I can't go to the appointment to delete it. Any way I can make this reminder go away? ...

Can't insert rows
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook loaded at the same time which was created in 2007. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=211769 "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...