Does anyone from Microsoft read this forum?

And if not, is there a different forum we should all be using? Looking at
posts from recent days/weeks, most have not received a reply/post, let alone
a resolution to their problems. This forum is therefore not working!
--
Polevaulter

This is a user-to-user forum hosted by Microsoft . Any answers you see are
from other users that are trying to help the poster with a problem - not
answers from Microsoft.

"Polevaulter" <Polevaulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> And if not, is there a different forum we should all be using? Looking at
> posts from recent days/weeks, most have not received a reply/post, let
> alone
> a resolution to their problems. This forum is therefore not working!
> --
> Polevaulter

0
Jerry
6/25/2010 8:21:23 PM
where can you get support from Microsoft?

"Jerry" wrote:

> This is a user-to-user forum hosted by Microsoft . Any answers you see are
> from other users that are trying to help the poster with a problem - not
> answers from Microsoft.
>
> "Polevaulter" <Polevaulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > And if not, is there a different forum we should all be using? Looking at
> > posts from recent days/weeks, most have not received a reply/post, let
> > alone
> > a resolution to their problems. This forum is therefore not working!
> > --
> > Polevaulter
>

> .

You go to the Microsoft web site and click on support

"gs725" <gs725@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> where can you get support from Microsoft?
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
>> This is a user-to-user forum hosted by Microsoft . Any answers you see
>> are
>> from other users that are trying to help the poster with a problem - not
>> answers from Microsoft.
>>
>> "Polevaulter" <Polevaulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > And if not, is there a different forum we should all be using? Looking
>> > at
>> > posts from recent days/weeks, most have not received a reply/post, let
>> > alone
>> > a resolution to their problems. This forum is therefore not working!
>> > --
>> > Polevaulter
>>

>> .

0
Jerry
6/29/2010 6:32:22 PM
No, there doesn't seem to be anyone from Microsoft anymore who reads
this forum. I try to do my best to reply to as much posts as possible
(at least when I can reply with something sensible), but there aren't
many others replying anymore. I've also been busy with exams and stuff
last month.

Not that it really matters much anymore, because this newsgroup is going
to close very soon (July 1). All of the Microsoft newsgroups are being
replaced by their online forums. There isn't a forum dedicated to WMP,
but you can go to
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/group/WindowsAnswers ,
click on your operating system, and choose either "Music and Sound" or
"Pictures and Video", depending on the type of your problem.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

On 25/06/2010 17:03, Polevaulter wrote:
> And if not, is there a different forum we should all be using? Looking at
> posts from recent days/weeks, most have not received a reply/post, let alone
> a resolution to their problems. This forum is therefore not working!
0
Tim

Microsoft Word issue
My wife is a public HS teacher. She writes classroom material and exams in Word (Office 2003) and we have encountered a unique problem. She creates a word document of text with photos in the document (Insert / picture / from file)(the file is a .JPG file on her computer). Then she goes to print it on an HP Photosmart printer on my computer, over the network. The document prints .... but the picture is blank. Just white space where it should be, no picture. We found a workaround: Print to Adobe Acrobat PDF file (her computer has full version Acrobat installed). The pho...

need some help please, read inside, cheers!!
Hello Peeps! I am trying to work out a formula that can count multiple strings i.e. =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Setup") But not only have it count look for the word setup, have it look for another word to i.e!!! =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Setup", "Done") This doesn't work but u get the jist of what i need, any help would be much appreciated!!me! Thanks Alot Kami Wilson Use separate countifs: =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Setup") + COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Done") Andy. "Wilson" <Lordwils@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:78na00ppvvbsqt...

Microsoft Money 2006
I recently recieved a Laptop with Vista and Microsoft Money 2006 installed. I am unable to connect to Countrywide Mortgage to download my account. It continues to say, try again later. Any suggestions. I called Countrywide and they have no information for me. Thanks, Net -- Net ...

WordPerfect on Microsoft Professional xp crash
11/04 I've been working on a large wordperfect document 125 pages,containing Outlines and Tables (word tables. It has crashed repeatedly today. I can't save it, print it, email it to someone else. I've tried splitting it in half and it still happens. Sometimes it just freezes. At other times the COrel Application Recovery Manager (CARM) comes on. At the screen which reads Application Recovery Manager Wizard, under available actions. Backup my documents and continue working on the application are both greyed. The note says If either option is unavailable due to the seve...

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

Reading raw messages
I'm having a spam problem (yes, I know, who isn't!!!) and I would like to read the raw message, as it comes in from the POP server. I want to examine the message headers, etc. I can either do this in Outlook 2003 or in Exchange 2003, as I own and run both. When I was running MDaemon, I could access the mailbox store and read the raw messages. Ms, in their wisdom, in Exchange 2003, make this very difficult and hide this "raw" information away. I reckon Exchange Server is the place to look - if you export messages from Outlook 2003, even in text mode, you only get the sanitis...

Watch this security update which came from Microsoft Corporation
--fvjuqcqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cyboqmdyddyot"; type="multipart/alternative" --cyboqmdyddyot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgnyfiduslihauwz" --xgnyfiduslihauwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This up...

Send email without read access for queues
I got the problem that a user should be able to send emails with the webclient but he should not be able to see the defined queues. Thats not possible. In my opinion it does not make sense at all that you need read privileges on queues to send emails out of the web client. That should be changed. My suggestions are: 1. Let users send emails when they have the privilege to create activities. or 2. Define a new privilege for sending emails AND (I find that one pretty important) 3. Show only those items in the queue that a user has at least read privileges for. In my case the user doe...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

How do I submit a bug report to Microsoft for Outlook 2010?
I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another folder besides the INBOX, my default setting is that the reply message is also saved in that folder. That usually works, but at times the reply message still shows up in the SENT MESSAGES folder. -ah Andrew Hamilton wrote: > I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of > $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! > > The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another...

Great offers from Microsoft
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=HJbCArsy/j0&offerid=166833&type=3&subid=0 ...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

cant recieve email but i can send help anyone
cant recieve email not sure what system i have dont know that much about comp please help dumb dumb porsche 911 c4 wrote: > cant recieve email not sure what system i have dont know that much about comp > please help dumb dumb You first need to replace your keyboard. The shift, comma, and period keys don't work. Sorry, but the battery died in my crystal ball. I can't see that error message that you chose not to divulge here. Also can't see WHICH version of Windows that you are using. Also can't see WHICH version of Windows that you are using. Also can't see ...

Uploading Outlook inforation into Microsoft Access
Hello, I like to create a template in Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003 so the user can populate the data and have it sent to an administrator and import the information into Microsoft Access. Is this possible? My problem is the administrator copy and paste the information from Outlook into Access, which can be time consuming process. I want to speed the process. Any tips or website to visit will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. It's possible *if* you don't mind writing the code to push the data into = Access or buying a third-party tool to handle that. There is nothing...

Microsoft Outlook #36
Hi, I've been trying to install Microsoft Outlook but keep getting the message, the DLL file is missing. MAPI is unable to load information. Has anyone seen this and can you help? Thanks in advance OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searc...

Reading Layout problem, and labels problem.
I am running XP Home Edition. I have Office 2003, Student and Teacher Edition, which has developed two Word problems. - The Reading Layout mode shows only one page instead of two. - When I define labels, there is no border around the labels on the screen. I only recently began creating labels, so I don't know when this came about. I have disabled System Restore, so that isn't an option. I reinstalled Office, but that didn't fix either of the Word problems. I used the Save My Settings Wizard for the reinstallation, and I wonder that that mi...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

I need Microsoft Map
I need the features from Microsoft Map, because it is tightly integrated with Excel, and it allows me to add my own maps in MapInfo format. I have not seen other products that allow me to use my own maps and have same features. I work with UN consultant, we create our own mapsas we work in areas of the world where we do not have other sources. I don't understand what you mean, why don't you buy office 2000 on eBay or something Or get MapPoint from which you can export maps to Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Torsten" <Torsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Reading Outlook 2003 pst file in Outlook 2007
My computer recently died and has been replaced with a new one running Win 7 / Outlook 2007. Is there a way I can read my old Outlook 2003 emails without importing them into my current email folders? I don't want to clutter up my current inbox with old emails, but I still need access to them. I would like to import my contacts, however. Sure. Use file, open, outlook data file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-r...

reading outlook file (email messages)
I would like to read outlook files from my previous computer that was saved onto a cd. How can I access or read these e-mail messages. Is it possible to retrieve attachement as well? Hearing you soon. SF You will need to copy the file to your hard drive, remove the read-only tick mark from the property page and use File->Open in Outlook to open the file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

Microsoft Excel 2007 to Mac Excel 2008 Issue regarding Macros
I have created worksheets on my PC using MS Excel 2007. I transfered them to a Mac user and when open the excel worksheet on his computer it tells me &quot;Excel 2008 for Mac can't run the Macros&quot; <br><br>Can someone maybe please help me to a way around this ???? Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? > Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? <br><br>Mac Excel 2004. ...

microsoft money 200 to quicken 2010
Is there any way to import a Microsoft money 2004 file into Quicken 2010? In microsoft.public.money, tulips wrote: >Is there any way to import a Microsoft money 2004 file into Quicken 2010? Yes. You would install the Money Plus free trial. That will convert your Money 2004 file to Money Plus. On the same computer install Quicken 2010, and make sure any updates are done. Then the Quicken converter will convert that Money file to Quicken. More details are available at: http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/upgrading-and-conversion/7468.html - Mitch (from ...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...

Microsoft Publisher 2002 #2
I am trynig to install Microsoft Publisher 2002 from CDROM. I am browse the CD and run the following file: "E:\publisher 2002\Microsoft Publisher XP 2002\Publisher XP\Pub.msi" Error 25506 appears saying "Microsoft Publisher 2002 requires updated system files not detected on the computer. You must install the Systems Files Update prior to installing Publisher. C:\Program Files\Coomon Files\System\ADO\MSODOR15.DLL is version 2.10.3711.3 wehn we require version 2.50.4403.4." Can anyone please help me on this? Thank you in anticipation. Have you called Microsoft? I ...