Auto-stop feature?

I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have
Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD
drive doesn't run all night).  I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I
assume it is something that can also be done on my computer.  I just can't
figure out how.

On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas
<hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have
>Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD
>drive doesn't run all night).  I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I
>assume it is something that can also be done on my computer.  I just can't
>figure out how.

The microsoft Plus! pack digital media edition had a sleep timer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Plus!#Microsoft_Plus.21_Digital_Media_Edition

That was discontinued about 3 years ago, though you might be able to
find a CD on EBay with the software.

There are several other possibles which I've not tried - FoxyTunes for
the firefox browser seems to indicate media player control and has
sleep features : http://www.foxytunes.com/firefox/features.html

Worth a look, at least.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
0
Neil

Stop office from scanning network drives in disconnected state
I know that unmapping the network drives when disconnected is the MS solution for solving the problem with office apps opening files slowly off network (KB313937). But i don't remember having any users complain about this until a month or so ago. We have been using Office 2007 in a domain environment for several years and this issue has never occurred until recently (like that last month or so). Is there a group policy setting or Office setting that will prevent office from waiting for a disconnected drive to time out? We map drives using group policy preferences and it w...

insert row when cell full, auto wrap
Hi there, I used this code in ver 2003 to insert a row and wrap text in a cell..BUT, it does not work in ver 2007. Any ideas? Much appreciated. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As Range Dim ma As Range With Target If .MergeCells And .WrapText Then Set c = Target.Cells(1, 1) cWdth = c.ColumnWidth Set ma = c.MergeArea For Each cc In ma.Cells MrgeWdth = MrgeWdth + cc.ColumnWidth Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False ma.MergeCells = False c.ColumnWidth = ...

Auto-Accept Agent event sink for Exchange Server 2003 help!
I have installed the Auot-Accept Agent, using the local system account as the service's account. I have edited the AutoAccept.config.xml file, leeaving only the "global" configuration information. I have run the RegisterMailbox.vbs and ListMailboxes.vbs scripts to add and list those accounts added (I created a text file with the default SMTP addresses as found in Exchange Server 2003). All of these steps appear to have gone off flawlessly... The problem... proving this is true with the MailboxStatus.vbs script. This script's XML output (run with the /DEBUG option on) indic...

ValidationType.Auto and reading schema attribute
Hi, I would like my default ValidationType to be Auto. Now let's say I have both a DTD and an XSD file for this XML file being validated. While it's ValidationType.Auto, it will validate the DTD, but will not even attempt to read/validate the namespace or even check if schema file exists. I suppose it's a resolver problem; anyone have any insight on how I can have it check the schema File while Auto (without setting ValidationType.Schema)? ..NET 1.1 Validation can not perform DTD and XSD validation at the same time. If you have ValidationType set to Auto, and have a DTD decl...

Queries
I have the following query (for example): countofstates color 3 red 8 blue 7 orange 2 purple 9 yellow I would like to display this table on a report, but when I do it repeats 6 times. How do I only get this information to appear once? Thanks in advance. Try a Totals query... Color States GroupBy Count -- hth Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.ne...

ID replicaiton from E2k3 to E55 stopped
Replicaiton of any new IDs from E2k3 to E55 has stopped. I have logging turned to max and I don't see any errors. Intrasite full replicaiton has been run, multiple attempts at service/server restarts attempted. What am I missing here? Help... do you mean the ADC replication? "Cosmo" <ckramer2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:185701c499e7$0a06f620$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Replicaiton of any new IDs from E2k3 to E55 has stopped. > I have logging turned to max and I don't see any errors. > Intrasite full replicaiton has been run, multiple > attempts at ser...

POP3 and IMAP feature Disable
Hi, When i create User Bydefault POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature enable. I want whenever i create user account by default POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature disable. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks In Advance Sandeep Sawant On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:11:02 -0800, Sandeep SAwant <SandeepSAwant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > When i create User Bydefault POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature enable. I >want whenever i create user account by default POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature >disable. I am waiting for your reply. > >Thanks In Advance >Sandeep Sawant Clone...

Home Page Link Bars have stopped appearing
Using FP2003 my website has for a long while had vertical link bars on the left hand side of the screen showing the next level down pages. Last night part way through publishing an update there was some sort of glitch in the process which showed several error messages in quick succession too fast to read before they disappeared. The last one I think said something like cancelling renaming index.htm will cause hyperlinks not to work, but it didn't stay on the screen long. Now the original website has no link bars on the home page and I don't appear to be able to even g...

new features of messenger popup
hi. I was on the messenger stuff website earlier and I got a pupup box (thatlooked like the sign in box from messenger) that said something about some new features being talked about in the blog. now I am wondering if this was from messenger itself or if this was just from the site. because it didn't go anywhere when the box was clicked. Hi Skywolfe, Would need a screenshot to really say. But given your description, sounds like an ad to me from the web page - are you sure it didn't have your browser's window around it? ;) If you have Plus! installed, on very rare ...

Stopping Mail Popup Notification Window
Is there a way to stop the email notification popup ONLY when an incoming email has violated one of the rules established by the rule wizard? In other words, if I get an email that's going to be delete by way of a rule, is there a way to NOT get the email notification popup for that email? Thanks Greg No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg Casper <gcasper@pacbell.net>...

Auto-Hide and Always On Top Plug In or Code?
I have developed a small app I would like to have behave like the Windows XP Taskbar, in that users should be able to select either Auto- Hide or Always On Top, and get the same behavior you get with the Taskbar. Is this something I should be able to accomplish in code? When I first started this project months ago, I didn't think so, so I convinced my firm to purchase LogicNP's Shell Mega Pack Sorry, too fast the fingers. Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the product (or...

Moving the email addresses from Auto-Complete
This question is Windows Vista/Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 specific. I am about to upgrade a machine running Windows Vista to Windows 7. How do I migrate the email adresses from Auto-Complete to the new machine. I cannot find the *.NK2 file anywhere on this machine. The resposes always seem to reference Win XP or Outlook 2003. I need an aswer for my specific question. "John A" <John A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08F25A1C-B461-4A02-8562-3E491553CA07@microsoft.com... > This question is Windows Vista/Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 specific....

what is the difference between auto fill and custom fill
I do not think "custom fill" is a truly valid term. Autofill is the process that uses data in adjoining cells to determine the contents of cells. This can be based on Excel's internal rules or the contents of Custom Lists. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Auto Fill/Auto Lookup??
I have created a form to input new data into the database. The data table for the database is called "TAODailyLog". In this table the column headings are Date, Site ID, Buoy ID, WMO ID, and Deploy Date (there are others, but these are the important ones). I have another table called "siteid". This table I use primarily for looking up values. In the "siteid" table, the columns are Order, SiteID, pmID, wmoID, and juliandeployed. With each new record that is placed into the database, the user must put in the Site ID, Buoy ID, WMO ID and the Deploy Date. ...

Auto Function
Is there a way tin access if a certain field in a table is something that it will automatically fill something in another field. If a value within a table is 90 to 95 I would like it to fill in the value of 4 and if it is 96 to 100 to fill in a value of 5. Is there anyway for this to be accomplished. Thanks On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:45:01 -0700, Anthony wrote: > Is there a way tin access if a certain field in a table is something that it > will automatically fill something in another field. If a value within a > table is 90 to 95 I would like it to fill in the value of 4 and ...

Stopping automatic openings of folders in Outloo 3003
Is there a way to view my meassages without Outlook 2003 automatically opening the first one every time I click on a folder? Thanks, DJ Sounds like your view... look under VIEW, READING PANE (or pain) - try OFF and the message you are highlighted on will not display Sounds like your view... look under VIEW, READING PANE (or pain) - try OFF and the message you are highlighted on will not display Sounds like your view... look under VIEW, READING PANE (or pain) - try OFF and the message you are highlighted on will not display Yep that did it! Thanks much Julie........Deekster "Ju...

CRM Feature Pack
I downloaded the files with language english from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d- 9fb6e4fa3501&DisplayLang=en This is supposed to the the CRM 1.2 Feature pack. I tried to install CRM1.2-kb833621-Client-ENG.exe and I recieved an error that the language being used is not the same and language on the update. Is there a possibility that it was named incorrectly? Has anyone else tried this? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:164801c48c4c$4c1934e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I downloaded the files with lang...

Auto Slate Excel File
I have a program call AutoSlate which tracks car maintenance fuel ect and for some reason it has stated putting ####### in the date field just certain ones not all the date field. If I click on the it will put the correct date in and when I save it it's fine. Though when I open the document back open I get the ##### in current date field again. I have also experience this in Documents to Go if I click on the ###### it will show in cell information the correct date but will not update it. Here is what I cut from the cells as you see it give the dates correctly but if you look at the docume...

Auto Archive #2
Auto Archive has requested to archive my Outlook folders, I click OK but when checking the Archive section I see no e-mail. The policies are to delete only items older than 12 mos. and the archive.pst file is in the proper place as listed. It is importsnt that these messages be available. Thanks Have you checked to make sure the messages are actually being removed from your primary Outlook file? If they're not, then AutoArchive isn't doing anything to them at all. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Ou...

Re-installation of RPC HTTP proxy feature leads to big problem in
SBS 2008, being the odd duck that it is, moves certain virtual directories from the Default Web Site to the SBS Web Applications site during installation. Among the vdirs moved are the RPC and RPCwithCert vdirs that are critical to Outlook Anywhere. These vdirs are associated with the RPC HTTP proxy feature. Now, if the RPC HTTP proxy feature is removed and then added again in SBS 2008 using Windows Server Manager (which the last time I looked was part of SBS 2008), the RPC and RPCwithCert vdirs are put in the Default Web Site and Outlook Anywhere in a one cert installation is br...

Office stopped working after the auto-update a few months ago
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Microsoft Office stopped working after it ran an auto-update a few months ago. Now, when I open any of the Office apps, I get an error message like this: &quot;Check with the developer to make sure Microsoft Word works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.&quot; <br><br>There are no available updates for Mac OS X or Office that I am aware of�when I run the Software Update it doesn&#...

to stop zero from showing on graph
I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible? Hi, Either leave the cells empty or use =NA() Cheers Andy natash@ wrote: > I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled > I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I didn't write the original post but am having the same problem. This works if I remove all content from the cell - however - I would like to have a formula in the cell so that it a...

get warning office live add-in sign-in stopped working
Whenever I come out of any of the microsoft office programs, word, excel etc., I get a message box stating "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working". Nothing seems amiss when I use office. Can anyone help as to why I get this message. Have you tried uninstalling the add-in via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Swift" <Swift@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8E480EF-DA3E-4FEA-90C7-5B702FF67C6A@microsoft.com... > Whenever I come out of any of the microsoft office pr...

How can the last 12months on the x-axis auto update each month?
My chart sould always display the last 12 months and every month I have to change the axis range so it displays the latests 12 months. I have seen this being used before so I know it can be done. Can you please help? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Faisal78" <Faisal78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5996F9D3-BE0A-4532-9664-E494E514E9A6@microsoft.com... > My chart sould always display t...

Auto Date on new email
We would like to have a date to be placed at the top in the content section of the email. Is there anyway of doing this? Outlook 2003. Thanks, Bodach you'll need to use VBA or an add-in. vba: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/date_stamp.htm http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm addins: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/productivity.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips...