Audio breaks up 15 sec before end of each song

Media player version 11.0.6002.18111 on Windows Vista home premium. At the
end of each song I play on Windows media player, about 15 seconds before the
end, the audio breaks up. (It sounds like an old vinyl record skipping.)
Songs were copied from various CDs I own. When songs are burned back to a CD
the problem is not there. The problem does not happen when playing the CD
directly.
Thanks in advance, I'm new to this forum.

Might it be that your computer is a Dell?
If so, disable all enhancements as it comes with crippled drivers

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Trouble/Dell.htm

"Ojo18" wrote:

> Media player version 11.0.6002.18111 on Windows Vista home premium. At the
> end of each song I play on Windows media player, about 15 seconds before the
> end, the audio breaks up. (It sounds like an old vinyl record skipping.)
> Songs were copied from various CDs I own. When songs are burned back to a CD
> the problem is not there. The problem does not happen when playing the CD
> directly.
> Thanks in advance, I'm new to this forum.

Back End on NAS Device 02-24-10
Access 2007 split FE/BE, each user has their own FE. Combination of TS and local LAN users. System worked fine when the BE was on the server. A few hours after client moved it to a NAS device, the BE corrupted. In searching, I can find very little relating to Access back end and NAS. Does anyone know of any issues with locating an Access BE on a NAS device? -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hello, Thanks for your post and reporting this Rollup 2 issue. As far as I know, there are indeed some issues including OWA doesn't load smoothly after user applied Rol...

forms 05-15-10
when i launch my form it takes quite a bit of time to release control to the mouse for me to do anything. my form has subforms, buttons, edit boxes, etc. what is the reason behind this dalay?. it is annoying. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201005/1 You're sitting in front of your database, we're not! If you want us to help you'll have to do a much better job of telling us about your form! Is there code in the Form_Open or Form_Load events of your form? If so, copy and paste it here. Is your form ...

page break #2
I am working of a Excel database for my company. Somehow while during editing a page break appeared right in the middle of my document. I am aware that you are able to go to "Insert" and remove a page break...yet in this situation I am unable to do so. Any ideas of what to do or how to fix it? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Try working in the View "Page Break Preview." It's much easier than manually entering breaks, and fairly intuitive. When you are through, reselect the "Normal" view. "kellie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Multimedia Audio Controler
I have no sound from speakers aas on late but do get it from headphones in jack in front of the PC. I have double and triple check all connections and everything is normal. All sound levels are normal and no mute buttons are checked. I did however check the Device Manager and found this: Multimedia audio controller PCI bus 0, device 13, function 0 The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver. Where do i find them online? -Chris Chris, to find them online you have to know what your looki...

PAGE BREAK PREVIEW #2
How can i modify the word "PAGE 1..." say "FILENAME" Hi you can't modify this label -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Melvin wrote: > How can i modify the word "PAGE 1..." say "FILENAME" ...

Week ending Thursday formula
I am looking for an elegant solution for a week end Thursday (or any other day) formula: Up to now I have successfully used the following formula for "week ending Friday" with date in A1: A1+6-MOD(A1,7) in other words this formula gives the first following Friday in which the date falls. Now I wanted to have my week ending Thursday and I changed the formula to =A1+5-MOD(A1,7). All the days work correctly except Friday - the Friday belongs to the week ending the Thursday before, not the following Thursday (which figures, I worked out later, as it is basically the F...

how to append text to the end of a row
I have to batch rename a few thousand images that are named something like 1-1234-1111-1.jpg A program I have can rename using a csv file with 2 columns originalname;newname 1-1234-1111-1.jpg;978-1-1234-1111-1.jpg This works awesome, however it has to include the extension because otherwise it can't match up the files... which is good because its possible that there could be files with the same name but different extension. I can easily open the csv in notepad and find replace ; with .jpg; but I don't know how to do that for the 2nd row. There is a space after the last characte...

windbg
Hi, I don't recall this being a problem in the past, but if I set a break point on something like DriverEntry, it's never hit, unless I manually break as soon as windbg attaches, then go. It's like the symbols aren't loaded until that point? I also don't see the driver in the list of stuff it's loading symbols for when doing the manual break (I thought it used to in the past? - also !reload or .reload also doesn't). Maybe I messed up some setting somewhere? Do any of the WinDbg experts have an idea what's up?? TIA!! Depends on a lot of...

CRM 3.0 breaks after upgrade from office 2k2 to 2k3
Has anyone else had this problem ? We have Office 2002 installed company wide, and are about to upgrade to 2003, however on the machines we've tested the upgrade on, it breaks CRM (the menu and CRM Bar stay in Outlook, but aren't accessible) and so we had to "Repair" CRM, however on one machine the Repair failed, but CRM worked. Is there a patch or a solution to this problem ? This is one of the major issues before our company wide roll-out. As a first step, I would make sure that you are using the most recent Outlook Client, not the one included on the CD Client is h...

Current Balance, Ending Balance
I picked up MSMoney 2004 and installed on my system. I'm leaving Quicken 200 behind. it was an okay package, but I didn't like some of the logic involved in the interface. MSMoney did a spectacular job of converting my Qdata file. no discrepancies at all. My one big complaint, though, is I cannot view my current balance and ending balance for all my accounts in my Favorites listing. I pay ahead in my check register due to scheduled online payments. So, my balance today is going to be different than my balance next week. At least Quicken 2000 showed me this information s...

Integration Manager Error 62 Input Past End of File
We have a Receivables Transaction integration that imports all the transactions fine and we can post the batch. However, at the end of the integration, we have this error message: Integration Manager Error 62 Input Past End of File What does this mean? We don't have any blank rows or columns in the import file. Is there any way to turn off the error? Are you using AutoDim? If so, remove the blank spaces from your autodim.txt file. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamic...

Cannot see Page Breaks in Draft view
When I insert a manual page break, i cannot actually see it in Draft view until I type a character on the very next line down from the page break. If I do a manual page break and then hit enter to move down a line or two, the page break is hidden. I really need to see where each page break is when I make one. I didn't have this problem with Word 2003 in Normal view and I don't know how to fix it now?! Turn on nonprinting formatting marks and you will see them. In W2007 the page break line ends in a return and only goes about one-third of the way across the page. The...

Requesting Data from front-end Exchange Server
I have 1 front-end server in the DMZ for OWA and 1 back-end server with all mailboxes. When some internal OL2k2 users are creating or updating a meeting and Outlook is checking the free/busy information, they get the "Requesting data..." message. This message references the Netbios name of the front-end server which will fail due to firewall settings. I don't want the Outlook client to use this front-end server, how do I direct it to use only the back-end server? ...

Audio will not play in Windows Word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a document created in Windows Word 2003 that opens in compatibility mode into Mac Word 2008. It contains a .wav audio file but when I double-click on the speaker icon I get an error, &quot;Word cannot locate the server application for SoundRec objects.&quot; <br><br>How do I play the sounds in this document? No version of Word - Mac or PC - plays audio files, although they can be 'transported' in Word documents as embedded objects. The object embedded in that file was appa...

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

Home based Job For Indian
Want the pleasure of life, don't worry, work 1-2hours/day and earn Rs. 10,000-15,000/month online from your home/cafe/office PC. For details write # ejob1189@rediffmail.com Please write the subject of mail as: "Job Inquiry" hi iam studying B Tech chemical engineering. if any jobs are there i will be greatful to know them ...

M06 S/D/P $12.97/15.97/17.97 after rebates
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx That's cheaper than at CompUSA/Best BUy. I would think the reailers would be yelling. For those that don't like mail-in rebates , I got M2006 Deluxe last week at Walmart in Windham,NH for $19 - no rebates. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:OHkPuV2gGHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx > ...

audio
Is there a way to store a WAV or any audio file in XML file. I would like to store the audio file as a value in a column of a table. Thanks VJ You can store any kind of binary data using base46 encoding. "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uXdsMvYUEHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to store a WAV or any audio file in XML file. I would like > to > store the audio file as a value in a column of a table. > > Thanks > VJ > > ...

Double Lookup Without Exact Match-Price Breaks
Hello, I have a table that looks like this -----A------------B-----------C------- Part Number------Qty-------Price Each 1----Part 1---------2-------------23.01 2----Part 1--------40------------8.76 3----Part 1--------80-----------8.39 4----Part 2--------1-------------58.12 5----Part 2--------20-----------9.04 6----Part 2--------40-----------7.74 7----Part 3--------1------------60.00 8----Part 3--------20----------9.04 9----Part 3--------40----------7.74 And so on.... These are price breaks. I'd like to enter the Part number in cell G1 and the Qty in cell H1 and have the formula/array l...

Word Wrapping...BIG breaks
I have a fairly large document I am working with and I am attempting to insert images throughout it. The problem is that some of the images are pushing full paragraphs to the next page leaving HUGE empty spaces at the end of the previous page. I can't figure out why the paragraph doesn't break across the pages like normal once I put a picture there. Any thoughts? Put the cursor in one of these paragraphs, go to the Paragraph dialog (usually it's a choice on the right-click menu), and click the Line & Page Breaks tab of the dialog. If "Keep lines together"...

get end user agreement every time i sign on to outlook must accept
must accept end user agreement every time i get on outlook since i downloaded windows 7 and reloaded office 2003 Start Outlook or any other Office 2003 application with administrator privileges once and accept the EULA. For step-by-step instructions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/166 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "accept end user agreement before submitt&qu...

error: end of file reached
Hi, I have Outlook Express 5.02 on the Mac (OS 8.6). I was running Speed = disk=20 on my Mac and it hung. Now, when I try to launch Outlook I get an error=20 message that says: "An error has occurred. The end of file was reached." = and=20 Outlook fails to launch. Per Knowledge base article 296844 I have: 1. Deleted the Identity preferences file. 2. Deleted the Outlook Express preferences file. 3. Rebuilt the desktop. 4. Tried rebuilding the Outlook Express database (by holding the option = key=20 while launching. I recieved the same "end of file" message when I tried = a=2...

Counting Manual Page Breaks Only
I have a very long spreadsheet where I've used vba to reset all page breaks and then manually insert page breaks before key cells. I'm trying now to count the number of manual page breaks using ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Count but it appears to be counting both the manual and automatic (those reinserted by excell between the manual breaks). Is there a way around this?? This function should return the value you want... Function NumberOfManualPageBreaks(Optional WS As Worksheet) As Long Dim HP As HPageBreak If WS Is Nothing Then Set WS = ActiveSheet For Each HP In WS...

cannot open attachments at the other end
I have Outlook 2K. When I send email with *.doc and *.xls attachments the receiving ends cannot open them. They would receive attachments something like winmail.dat. The attachments cannot be opened with email accounts such as @hotmail, and @dom.com Thank you in advance for your help Change your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling Word 2000 as your e-mail editor. "Tom" <mc_sono@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03a301c34cbe$35310c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2K. > When I send email with *.doc and *.xls attachments the > recei...

Print View or Print Paper No start time or end time
How come when i print view or print hard copy of my monthly calendar I dont see the start and end time? "dearcc" <dearcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B8CACE7-6A38-4652-8010-B92713583CAE@microsoft.com... > How come when i print view or print hard copy of my monthly calendar I dont > see the start and end time? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] They only show if the cell is wide enough. Try Landscape format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...