Wince printer driver

Hi,Dear all

I am developing a printer driver for wince 5.0,because my printer(EPSON LQ-
300K+) is not PCL based, I cann't use the pcl driver gived by MS.Now I have
some puzzle...

My printer driver named"LQ300K.dll",it contains the DDI functions such as
"DrvEnableDriver","DrvEnablePDEV" and so on.

Here is my registery setting:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Printers\EPSON LQ-300K+]
   "Driver"="LQ300K.dll"
   "High Quality"="300"
   "Draft Quality"="150"
   "Color"="Monochrome"
   "Version"=dword:0200

When I plug the printer, the usbprn.dll loaded successfully,but I cann't see
any loading message about "LQ300K.dll",my question is: when and who will load
the "LQ300K.dll"?the function "DrvEnableDriver" in the LQ300K.dll will be
called by who?

caiyuqing

Named Printers in Terminal Server-GP10
I am looking at using named printers, but how do I know which printer to select for the PrinterID? There are the printers that map when users login, but the 'standard' printers installed on the terminal server are installed generically for the printer drivers. So how would I go about this? Thanks Teresa, For information on how to deploy named printers on Terminal Server please see KB article 872242 - https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872242 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobal...

Printer Problems (continued)
I've brought over the previous replies to this thread so we can hopefully continue trouble shooting this problem. A comment: I don't think its the printers. I use the epson tmlllp on all my pos installs and they are reliable and trouble free as a recite printer gets. And the probability of me having the same problem on both registers - its just not likely. Other than that I don't have a clue. The day after I installed the opos sp5, the system froze 3 times. Then it went for 34 days without a freeze. Something is not right but we can't find any consistency to th...

Missing printers causing long boot times?
A Vista Business 64-bit was booting fine until an Epson printer decided that the ink was low, put a two page document into the queue, and never operated properly since. We first deleted the printer object, connected to another printer on another workstation, and were able to print. But that failed on the second attempt to print, so we waited for the refurb Lexmark to arrive. The Lexmark works fine, prints like a champ, but the boot still takes forever. Is there a log that I can look at to determine if time is being lost while the boot process looks for the old Epson printer...

Wireless Driver Problem
Hi All, I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition.My laptop is HP Compaq 610.=C4=B0 installled 64 bit wireles/pro driver on computer.But i can't see any wireless network in range.In device manager there is no problem with my wireless network adapter.And also when i click update driver.It says the driver is up to date. Any Ideas? Hi again, I solved the problem. For using wireless network service , you have to install wireless LAN Service from "Add feature" menu of Server Management. http://www.elmajdal.net/Win2k8/Enabling_Wireless_Networking_In_...

What did I do? My Receipt printer...
I am useing two POS stations and one epson receipt printer. I have the 2 stations set up Identicle. On the station that is not directly hooked to the printer I can reprint a receipt. On station1 with the printer physically connected when I hit reprint it does a long report with no totals. I think it is a z report? The Reprint function should just be printing the last receipt in the Journal for the register it's run from. Check that Journals are turned on in the Register Properties for that register. If Journals are not turned on, you may just be reprinting the first X/Z Report t...

There is a problem with your printer settings.
There is a problem with your printer settings. Your printer has given Publisher an invalid value, and the printer could not be correctly initialized. Check your printer settings in the Windows control panel." 1. I only have one network printer 2. The network printer is not the default printer 3. I have deleted the printer, rebooted and reinstalled the latest printer drivers. 4. The printer name is less than 8 characters long. ... any idea what the problem is??? -- kirks What version Publisher? Do you have the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylan...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

Ithaca Printer stops in the middle of last page
One problem I am trying to fix... cash transaction has no problem no matter how many items are scanned. when more than 2 items are scanned with credit card transaction; the last page of the receipt stops in the middle. so, printer prints 2 signature pages, 1 full page of receipt and 1 half page of receipt. any idea how to fix? Hardware is Ithaca610 (Ithaca 280 Driver), win xp. I am taking a guess as I have never worked with an Ithaca printer but try checking the length of the page in the printer properties. Rob "bluecomga" wrote: > One problem I am trying to fix... > ...

How to set include files in wince subproject 6.0
Hi I am creating application in wince 6.0, while build the source code I received build error. C:\WINCE600\public\common\sdk\inc\fsdmgr.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'diskio.h': No such file or directory Since i include the following path C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\INC to Tools->option->ProjectSolution->VC++Directory, Still i got the same error. Pls any one advise me how to add the include file in the root. Regards Venkat Set your include path in the following dialog Project-->Properties-->Configuration Properties-->...

Excel ODBC driver fails to update XLS if a formula exists
Searching for an answer via Google and Bing didn't help, so I'm asking here. I'm using an old version of Visual Studio but I think the problem is in the ODBC driver for Excel. I found code on the Internet for a class called CSpreadsheet which successfully inserts columns into an empty Excel XLS spreadsheet just like I need, but when I try to do the same thing to an existing spreadsheet that contains even one formula like =SUM(A1:A12) none of the cells I try to update accept the values. The non-fatal error out of the Commit() being done says: Cannot delete spread...

Printing with Laser Printers
Hello, I have recently made a program that uses MFC (it's a dialog app not a SDI/MDI app so there is no built in printing support). I was able to get it to print out stuff however I noticed that when I went from one printer to another printer the output varied alot (for instance on one laser printer the output was very small and overlapped one another) My question is, are there any ways to set GDI so that the printed output is consistent from one printer to another and if so how? Thanks in advance Sincerely, James Simpson James, You must, when drawing, take care of the differe...

Printer context error within Great Plains
When entering an Invoice & Check (Quick Check Entry), printed check & when posting transaction, I receive the followiung pop-window error: " Unable to Get printer context for report PM Transaction Posting Journal. Please check default printer." This happens for each posting journal entry that should've printed. This happens sporadically, not every time & the several users that use this functions, this will happen to them too. Are you using Named Printers, if so I suggest you check the settings and make sure this report is pointing to a printer that does exi...

How to save settings for my printer to print doublesided from exce
When I print doubled sided in word everything goes fine but whenever I try to print doublesided from excel and I go for advanced on my printer and check the boxes for it and then klick ok - after that I go in there to check that it's ok and then all my settings are gone.. Why and how can I change this so that I can print double sides in excel aswell? ...

Samsung SRP-500 Serial Receipt printer problem
I am trying to get a serial Samsung SRP-500 receipt printer to work with RMS. I have downloaded the OPOS drivers from www.samsungminiprinters.com and installed them. When I try to check health on that setup printer it gives me a OPOSPrinter: Claim Error. The printer is not in use by windows, does not show up in windows printers. Has anyone had success with these printers? I emailed the website support and the emails came back to me. Thank you I tried to get Samsung SRP350's to work a few years ago and was unable to do so. I spent many hours on it. So I won't tou...

Printer not working.....again...
I am having problems installing a reciept printer. Epson TM-T88III. I have the OPOS drivers and can't remember whether to install with Common Control Objects or Epson CO. This printer was working fine until someone decided they were going to create their own user account. (Which they have been told multiple times NOT to do as it has been proven this computer HATES user accounts.) When I try to print in POS it just gives me an error about unable to connect with the printer or something. Oh and when trying to install a printer in OPOS and trying to "check health interactive" i...

Microsoft POS hates my printer
I just reformated my hard drive and reinstalled all my programs... I installed the Epsong OPOS drivers for my thermal printer. Works fine when I do the test. When I try to start Microsoft Point of Sale, it says "there is a problem with device: TM-T88IIP" (which is my printer). So what do I do now? HELP PLEASE!! thanks Have you tried installing the printer using the Epson Windows driver? Rob "khopek" <kiondra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154129400.480508.322520@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I just reformated my hard drive and reinstalled all my prog...

Paper and Printer Settings
I know this can be done in Access - so, I was wondering if you can designate a specific printer and paper size in a particular spreadsheet and have Excel save the settings??? -- sbharbour ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sbharbour's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=296 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=161417 I think the specific printer won't be remembered. In fact, if I share a workbook with someone, I'm happy that that printer isn't remembered. (I may not u...

Printer Settings do not change
Hi there! This is my first post here so i'd like to say *HELLO* from sunn Germany at first :) So this is my problem: We have a printer that is installed on our printserver with tw different drivers..... one with plain paper (Tray 2) and one wit pre-printed paper (Tray 3). When i assign the Tray2 printerdriver as the default printer in window and try printing out of Excel everything is fine. But when i change the printer within Excel the "new" settings (Tray instead of Tray2) are NOT being applied by MS Excel - i am forced t change it manually. Nonetheless this problem only o...

2003 SMTP Connector and multiple SMTP Virtual driver problems
I'm having problems getting mail to be handled by the desired SMTP virtual driver. I have one SMTP virtual driver that is used for incoming MX mail that uses recipient and sender filtering and allows annonymous connections. I have another that is used for clients to send mail that does not have filtering and requires authentication. The SMTP connections to each of these looks fine. Then the mail is routed. I can't seem to control how the mail gets sent from the server. I want it to all go out using the second istance without filtering. I want to do this to prevent MX mail with th...

Mimic ExAllocatePoolWithTag API in WinCE
Hi I am porting a WDM driver to WinCE 6.0 The WDM driver uses "ExAllocatePoolWithTag"API memory allocation for PCI card DMA registers as well as other PCI card registers How can i mimic the above API in WinCE. Can i use VirtualAlloc. Thanks Sreekanth On 2/5/2010 8:02 AM, srks wrote: > Hi > I am porting a WDM driver to WinCE 6.0 > > The WDM driver uses "ExAllocatePoolWithTag"API memory allocation for PCI > card DMA registers as well as other PCI card registers > > > How can i mimic the above API in WinCE. Can i use Virtua...

Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation
I have been using and Excel 2000 spreadsheet that has a link to external data created by using MS Query. There is a cell on the top of the sheet set so when I change the content, the query refreshes using this cell as the parameter. Recently we changed the datasource from a MS Access back end up to a MS SQL 2000 back end. I recreated the link to the datasource the same way by using MS Query and choosing the SQL ODBC datasource instead of the Access datasource and now the queries that have parameters will not return to Excel 2000 (sp3). I keep getting an error that says: [Microsoft][ODBC S...

Native Application launches while printing through printer
Hi, 1)I have made a driver which generates a posctscriptfile with .prn extension. I convert it from Distiller/Ghostscript to PDF it works fine. 2)To generate the postscript file i print it from the driver. While printing the document, lets say a .doc file, it opens the document in its native application (Microsoft Word ) and then closes automatically. I want the Native App should not open. 3) So i thought i should sent the data to print directlt to the printer, the native app will not launch. i Saw the Microsoft Sites "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138594", and downloaded the r...

auto pick printer
I have a very complex multi page pricelist/price calculator that I must keep and update 4 copies of for use on 4 different computers becuase of the need to print to different printers by use of a button. (basically an employee clicks the print workorder button and excel prints a pre-determined number of copies to a specific printer, send a copy of the workorder thru email to the appropraite dept head , and then resets the form) I was wondering if there was a way to check for the existance of a certain printer name then print to that printer a set number of copies, if the printer doe n...

NDIS driver installation failed
Hi All, I am trying to install NDIS Intermidiate filter driver in wow64 environment. SetupCopyOEMInf failed error code 193. Is it possible to install 64-bit NDIS IM filter driver using 32 bit installer? Regards, SAM On 15 Sep, 13:34, Sam Developer <iamdeveloper2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I am trying to install NDIS Intermidiate filter driver in wow64 > environment. > SetupCopyOEMInf failed =A0error code 193. > > Is it possible to install 64-bit NDIS IM filter driver using 32 bit > installer? > > Regards, > SAM ...

Why does driver WHQL tests differ on XP and Vista/7
When I create a new submission in DTM Studio for an Unclassified Signature device driver test for Windows XP the test suite consists of one collection of tests called "Driver Reliability". When I create the same submission for a Vista or Windows 7 target the test suite consists of two collections: "Driver Reliability" and "Connectivity_USB". Why is there a difference? Basically the WLK is really "targeted" towards Vista and later Windows platforms. When testing on Vista and later the DTM has a collection of tests that is can apply to each d...