WINCE desktop icon text

Hello everyone��
      How to make the wince desktop icon text background  transparent? it is
blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you!
                                    Auly(from china)

0
asdf

I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell.  You
have the source, so it should be possible.  Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL
subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn.  Find where the item
names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to
control whether your change is active or not.  I think that, no matter what
you do, when editing an item name, you're going to be out of luck.

Paul T.

<asdf> wrote in message news:%23Hm%23o27eKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hello everyone��
>      How to make the wince desktop icon text background  transparent? it
> is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you!
>                                    Auly(from china)

0
Paul
12/14/2009 12:45:06 AM
thank you Paul,rewrite the shell may took many times,any other way?is there
anybody had done that?

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <paul tobey _AT_ earthlink _DOT_ net> д����Ϣ����:eDMwvaFfKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell.  You
>have the source, so it should be possible.  Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL
>subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn.  Find where the item
>names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to
>control whether your change is active or not.  I think that, no matter what
>you do, when editing an item name, you're going to be out of luck.
>
> Paul T.
>
> <asdf> wrote in message news:%23Hm%23o27eKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hello everyone��
>>      How to make the wince desktop icon text background  transparent? it
>> is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you!
>>                                    Auly(from china)

0
Auly
12/14/2009 1:27:54 AM
Think about what you're asking for: how might I change the way that text is
drawn in an application without changing the application.  No, I'd say that
there's no simpler way than creating your own custom version of the shell.
Lots of people, including me, have done that for various reasons, although
probably not to make the names of desktop items transparent...

Paul T.

"Auly" wrote:

> thank you Paul,rewrite the shell may took many times,any other way?is there
> anybody had done that?
>
> "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <paul tobey _AT_ earthlink _DOT_ net> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:eDMwvaFfKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell.  You
> >have the source, so it should be possible.  Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL
> >subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn.  Find where the item
> >names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to
> >control whether your change is active or not.  I think that, no matter what
> >you do, when editing an item name, you're going to be out of luck.
> >
> > Paul T.
> >
> > <asdf> wrote in message news:%23Hm%23o27eKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> Hello everyone£º
> >>      How to make the wince desktop icon text background  transparent? it
> >> is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper£¬thank you!
> >>                                    Auly(from china)
> >>

> .

export graphics & text to word or excel
Everytime I try to put my Publisher 2002 docment to Word or excel I get "goblty gook". I tried saving it as a jif, tif, bmp, etc. but none of them will open in Word or Excel 98. What am I doing wrong?????? I want to make a document with the post we made, plus a map, and a schedule and be able to e-mail it to people who do not have publisher. HELP!!! -- Ferret Mom Once you convert the Publisher document into an image, you then can insert it into the Word document. You can't open an image, you can view an image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

My Message Icon Disappeared (.msg)
I have a couple of emails I've copied to the desktop. They had an envelope icon clearly identifying them as email messages. Now they're just plain white boxes, though their extension is still .msg, and they open fine. It's Outlook 2007 on Vista, and their properties don't have the option to Change Icon. I looked in the Registry under .msg, but I'm not sure what should be there. Any help on how to get the icon back? ...

How do I make my tool bar icons larger?
I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. Maybe there are some Accessibility options that can help (look in Control Panel)? If not, reducing the screen resolution is the only way. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-A08B-CA4D3E1BB293@microsoft.com... >I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. > > "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-...

email icon in system tray but no new email
I keep getting the new email recieved icon in the system tray but when checking my mailbox there is no new mail. I am running Office 2002 sp3 on XP pro sp1. Any ideas? Thanks Terry Do you have the rules wizard set to move specific messages to other folders and mark them as read? If you do then because you didn't actually open the message it doesn't regester it as read to take away the icon in the tray but it marks it as read in the folder. >-----Original Message----- >I keep getting the new email recieved icon in the system >tray but when checking my mailbox there i...

protecting a text box in spreadshhet
This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could change the text) How do I protect it? thank you. Un-protect the sheet Right-click on edge of TextBox and Format TextBox>Protection Protect the sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:42:21 +0100, "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the >sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could >ch...

Desktop not loading up
hi my computer loads up to the desktop background and stops there the icons of the desktop dont show up and i can do a restart or anything else what can i do to solve this problem thank you. Windows xp your pc infected by virus first of all scan your pc -- mhbharmal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mhbharmal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/186854.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1310542.htm http://forums.techarena.in Have you installed any new programs recently ? (I had an ...

text to excel
Hello I have 15 different text file which i want to import in one excel fil at one go can ewe do it with the help of a macro thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do it with a macro, but perhaps easier is to combine the text files in DOS and then import to Excel. To combine in DOS, have all the files in the same folder, open a DOS prompt and type something like the following: COPY C:\MyDocuments\TextFiles\*.txt AllFiles.txt HTH, Greg "vikram >" <<vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.co...

Volume Icon In Taskbar
Hi! Hope someone can help me I can not get my volume icon ( speaker ) to appear on the taskbar, dispite having ticked the box ( place icon on taskbar ) It used to be there before Mike from Africa South Africa Mike van der Merwe;3370931 Wrote: > Hi! > Hope someone can help me > I can not get my volume icon ( speaker ) to appear on the taskbar, > dispite > having ticked the box ( place icon on taskbar ) > It used to be there before > > Mike from Africa > South Africa I believe the second method suggested at this link from Microsoft will ...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

network icon
after having to replace the motherboard and cpu and reinstall windows, I seem to have lost the network icon in the systray. how do I get it back? This relates to the Media Center application how? Try the general or networking group of what ever version of Windows your using. -- -- "RR" <RR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87C0E446-4994-41B3-A492-AFE890DDB1F6@microsoft.com... > after having to replace the motherboard and cpu and reinstall windows, I > seem > to have lost the network icon in the systray. how do I get it back? Yo...

space between text strings with concatenate
I'm using the concatenate function to join two bits of text - but I want a space between, and the function joins them together without a space. How can I insert a space into the resulting text please? (It seems to me that we would want such a space in ANY two text strings which we join together with concatenate - wouldn't we?? Why doesn't it put one in by default?!) Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff, =text1&" "&text2 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote in message news:42275bd0@212.67.96.135... > I...

Is there a way to make a staircase text effect?
Is there a way to create a string of letters that will remain erect when the object they are part of is rotated? I want to create a staircase effect where the letters look like they are sitting on the steps of a staircase and be able to alter how steep the staircase is and have the letters remain vertical. Thanks -- Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/09/04) Nothing built-in per se. You'd have to create separate shapes that belong to a group, and do some ShapeSheet programming. The shape's could then "anti-rotate" relative to the group (Angle = - GroupSheet!Angle...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

Icon Sets
I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing". I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand where the different parts were supposed to go. Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information in column U: =IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,...

URLs dragged into tasks shows up as Icons, can I have links instead?
I often need to put webaddresses in the tekst in tasks. I would like to drag them from the addressbar in IE into the textwindow of a task like I do in other programs like Word (where I get the address as a clickable link) or FrontPage (where I get the Title as a clickable link). However, in Outlook I get just the IE-page icon and the first part of the URL. Mostly useless. Is there a way to change this to the Word or preferably the Forntpage way of showing the link? ...

Outlook converts my HTML email to text
But only occasionally, and I have to click on the message bar and choose Display as HTML to see it as it was meant to be seen. How can I stop Outlook from arbitrarily displaying HTML email as text? -- Dena Jo Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain. Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html Why would you want to view mail in HTML? That is dangerous. All mail should be read and replied to in plain text for security reasons. "Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:Xns97D04AD6B6C9FDenaJo@130.133.1.4... > But only o...

Text boxes when mouse goes over the cell.
In a document i have recieved from a client, in excell, when i put my mouse over certain color coded cells, text boxes come out with lengthy descriptions. This sems highly usefull, and i would like to know how to do this. Anyone know? It seems all cells with a colored corner have these descriptions. Select the cell of interest, then: <Insert> <Comment> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.c...

How to enter informational help text?
I have a number of column headers that I would like to define for users. Is there a way to enter text in the background so that when someone hovers over the column with the mouse, then will get the definition of that field? These are customized column fields. For example- One column is Method of Delivery. I want to enter a definition when one hovers over "method of delivery" to state, " Way in which the data is received. ie.e internet, feed, etc. On Feb 18, 12:03=A0pm, amcb <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...=A0Is there a way to enter text in t...

empty text box
I am brand new to Access (a Paradox user) and am bewildered by the Text Box issue. I have a report in which I want to add a page footer that states the report is confidential. When I try to go to print view, it asks me to enter a parameter value. this is so frustrating, please help. Thanks! That would not be the problem. It is asking for parameters for the query that is the report's record source. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "peabody" wrote: > I am brand new to Access (a Paradox user) and am bewildered by the Text Box > issue. I have a report in whi...

Unbound text box calculation
Thanks in advance for the assist. My mind went numb... What must I do to have an unbound field only perform the calculation for the current open record that I am working in and not show data in a new records same unbound field when I go to the next record entry? I have an unbound text box on a form - call it Box C. In it's properties control source I have a calculation (i.e. =text box A input / text box B input) that I wish to show within the form prior to moving to the next record. I then wish this field to recalculate or return null (if box A and/or B are empty). Box C ...

Is there a way to group text so it stays together?
Hi, I am editing a document, and it is a pain going through and re-editing page breaks after making changes to it. If i could simply select a paragraph or small section that I want to stay together and mark or group it somehow to stay together so that if it gets pushed down from other text above, it will stay together, either at the end of a page if it fits, or all of it would be pushed to the next page. Is there a feature like this? Thanks, Alan Go to the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Format Paragraph dialog and check the box for "Keep lines together" ...

convert text to formula using VLookup
My question; I've seen somewhere that you can convert a text string into a formula using the INDIRECT Function. What I am constructing is a maintenance Schedule where some items need to be serviced on a weekly basis, others monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and yearly. (Those are the only five rotations I require at the moment.) Once constructed the format will take on the appearance of a calendar with conditional formatting to highlight the dates the service falls on. Each of the rotations require (I think) different formulas, so what I want to do is have a list of the f...

Text duplicating itself in text boxes on subform.
I've googled this one high and low, but can't find a similar hit. Client opens employee record with Address subform embedded. The screen shot they sent me shows the data corrupted as follows, with an diminished copy of the text tacked onto the end. Imagine the following, but without the spaces, which I added for clarity. City: Madisonville adisonville disonvi State: KYY Zip: 42431 2431 431 31 1 You can view the actual screen shot here ... http://www.amazecreations.com/datafast/Citrix_Issue.jpg Has anybody ever seen anything like this? If I told you it happens on an Access ...

How To Import Text File With No Delimiters?
I have a text file with over 2,000 names that look like the following: Mr. Benoit Smith 120 Adam Street Dorchester, MA 02124 Marcus Darbouze 1553 Blue Hill Avenue Boston, MA 02126 American Public Health Initiatives 10 Fairway Street Mattapan, MA 02126 Most consist of 3 lines some as many as 5. The text file has no delimiters so that when I import/open it in Excel it becomes just one very long column. I need to convert it or parse it into any other database friendly importable format i.e., .dbf, .xls, .csv etc. What I need is to convert it into a table with up to five header rows: head1 he...