time.h+ Linking error

Hi,
I have an application where I use functions like time(),gmtime() etc from
time.h. My code compilers but I get Linking error saying that "unresolved
external symbol time" . Could you please tell me which library I need to
include for time.h?

Thanks,
Harish

A quick search of the Windows CE newsgroups will answer this:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_q=gmtime&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2009&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.windowsce.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off

Summary, Windows CE doesn't support these functions.

--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
www.Eurotech.com

"hari" <hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an application where I use functions like time(),gmtime() etc from
> time.h. My code compilers but I get Linking error saying that "unresolved
> external symbol time" . Could you please tell me which library I need to
> include for time.h?
>
> Thanks,
> Harish

0
Bruce
11/24/2009 3:04:10 PM
I had the same problems when porting a program over to CE. I used the CE
timing functions to create the others that were used by the program. If you
can provide me a valid email adress, I will send you the sources.

"hari" <hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an application where I use functions like time(),gmtime() etc from
> time.h. My code compilers but I get Linking error saying that "unresolved
> external symbol time" . Could you please tell me which library I need to
> include for time.h?
>
> Thanks,
> Harish

0
Obcd

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...

How to do math on time
I want to create a time card in excel (2003). 4 time fields (Time in morning, Time out lunch. Time in after lunch, Time out end of day) The next field (column) needs to be able to total the actually hours worked. Needs to be able to deal with hours & minutes. I might even want to put a button that will "stamp" the current time in one of the above fields. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave See this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:8DED9...

Excel Startup Error
Box was all ready unchecked. Tried checking it / saving, then uncheck save to make sure -- still have same issue. Thanks -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 a couple of other things 1) Do you have an overactive virus scanner? (It will normally say virus scanning on the status bar) 2) Do you have journalling set up in Outlook? 3) Try renaming a file called Excel.xlb (Maybe hid...

Unknown Error
Unable to open Excel files. When attempt is made, I am getting error saying file is corrupt. The error message gives option to attempt a repair on the excel file. When attempt is made to perform repair, receive another error saying file is too corrupt to repair. I have never seen this before. Any suggestions?? Hi seems you're out of luck. Somehow your file got corrupted. Search google for 'Excel recovery repair tool' They may be able to recover your file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Autumn" <autumn@us.ibm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d...

backappl.exe error
I have applied the MS patch for outlook 2003 backup 3 times now and this error backappl.exe keeps coming back. Is there another way out of this? Thanks, Brian in MI Brian <briancloutier@comcast.net> wrote: > I have applied the MS patch for outlook 2003 backup 3 times now and > this error backappl.exe keeps coming back. Is there another way out > of this? Have you completely removed the backup application, redownloaded the OL 2003 version, then reinstalled? -- Brian Tillman Brian, Thanks for the advice! I removed the backup patch and now it's working! &quo...

Some Emails Display As All Links
Usually, emails from Dell (etc) are nice looking pages, but sometimes they come across like below (and sometimes from other companies as well). Having a link to a .gif file makes no sense (see below), so I presume there is something wrong. Why do some of my emails look like below instead of a now page with the gif (and all else) displayed? Bob Day To unsubscribe to Dell marketing e-mails or to submit questions or comments, please use the following links instead of replying to this e-mail: Unsubscribe <http://homeandhomeoffice.dell.com/r/r?1.1.Hl.2Ue.qmH8G.CGsUJi..N.CkpM.1H62.3hYX...

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...

M drive error msg
Can not get OWA to run. WhenI open up IIS and check on the default website, fo rthe public and Exchange folder, it lists the path "M:\domain name\Public Folders and M:\domain name \MBX". But the status of these two state "Teh device is not connected". What does this mean and how do I troubleshoot this problem? Jim in Cleveland wrote: > Can not get OWA to run. WhenI open up IIS and check on the default > website, fo rthe public and Exchange folder, it lists the path > "M:\domain name\Public Folders and M:\domain name \MBX". But the > status of...

to add links in a article (knowledge basis)
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=162f4368-a878-457d-8264-23160647a1c2&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

type mismatch when opening linked table..
i get an error when trying to manually open linked table from database window. My form linked to this table is fine, as is looking directly at table in Back end DB. When I try to open it in Front end, I get "Type Mismatch in Expression", then "Access can't open the table in datasheet view". Again, I'm able to open it in datasheet view in Back end, and from front end the forms using are fine. Front Ends usually do not have tables in them - they are stored in the Back End. You said that the form in the Front End is working so any design changes to the table nee...

no date/time on individual emails in inbox
Hi, Currently my inbox emails are showin up correctly in the "list" view with recipient, title and date and time. However when I click on each individual email they read "sent:none" instead of the date/time. This is just in my inbox, but is a problem when printingor fowarding a copy as they have no date/time on. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing outlook but with no success Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did outlook download the messages or did you import them? What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips:...

Accidentally created meeting request in wrong time zone
The hours for the meeting are correct but the time zone is wrong. Now, I need to change the time zone so that my delegates see the correct time but need to keep the meeting "time" correct. Whenever I try to change it from Pacific to Eastern, it shifts all the "times" to 3 hours earlier. Is there any way to keep the times from shifting when changing the time zone? ...

Allotment Time Reset
When you create a contract line item and specify the allotment under "Total Cases/Minutes", is this allotment reset monthly? or is this the total allotment for the entire contract? If the latter, how can I setup CRM to automatically allocate the amount specified on a monthly basis i.e. client is allocated 5 hours/month - after 5 hours, they must pay at a discounted rate? You'll need to create separate line items for each month's allocations. When their minutes are used up, you'll be prompted when creating a case for that contract that the allocated time is used. -- ...

Excel.exe has generated errors
Hello, I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich Hi are you opening the file directly from your floppy disc? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

Linking broker website with excel
Hi group members, I have been trying to find way to do trading using ms excel instead going to their website and do it. I looked up WWW but couldn't find much on this. Is there member would help me in this regards, Thanks. On Jan 3, 6:54=A0am, Rakesh Khowal <rakeshshail2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi group members, > > I have been trying to find way to do trading using ms excel instead > going to their website and do it. I looked up WWW but couldn't find > much on this. Is there member would help me in this regards, Thanks. Hi Rakesh maybe this commerci...

IFrame Error-
Here is my issue- In leads I have an iframe displaying related closed activities to that lead. The iframe loads but i can not click on any of the icons or the activities to bring them up. If I F5 (refresh) page it will allow me to click on the buttons and related activities. I think it could be one of 2 things: Internet security in IE (I have my CRM site as a trusted site) or a coding issue. Code is below. Thanks in advance for any help CODE: var navActivityHistory; navActivityHistory = document.all.navActivityHistory; if (navActivityHistory != null) { document.all.IFRAME_Histor...

linker error #3
I started my mfc solution today and it started giving the below errors:- Linking... uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(newop.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)" (??_U@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(newaop.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void ...

SMTP server Not resonding Error
I get the following error message, two relevant screen shots enclosed. The following data may be helpful for debugging. 1. I use OE for one and only one account (gmail.com, which uses the servers indicated in the error message.) 2. I do not have any other other application for using any SMTP, for whatever reason. 3. My system is connected to LAN (wire less router) where m son has his lap top and desk top are connected. He does not use any application which requires an SMTP connection. 4. This error keeps coming (in my system) , even when his system...

Date and Time in a cell
Hello -- I have a cell formatted as date and time. Is there a way to extract just the time portion of that cell to another cell? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ sure. Just format it as time. "fluff" <fluff.whm4b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:fluff.whm4b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hello -- > > I have a cell formatted as date and time. Is there a way to extract > just the time portion of that cell...

4 files that come up every time I open up Excel..
Every time I open up Excel, I get 4 or 5 files (excel files) that pop open... Can i limit that to one or two? How do you do that? Also I still can not figure out how to create global styles and macros... for new docs... anyone have the philosophy of how Excel does it versus word (which is very easy, you just set it in prefs).. thanks Brent Hauver Brent Several questions and issues here. I will try to deal with most of them. Excel will try to open any files it finds in either the XLSTART folder or "Alternate startup file location" or "at startup, open files in". ...

error 29528 installing SQL 2005 SP2/3 on 2003 server DC (!)
hello, i ran into the error 29825 while installing SQL 2005 SP2 and 3. the server is a 2003 x86 but is also a Domain Controller! i found the link to this article which seems to work for many people. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925976 however, i would first like to inform whether this will also work for me since my sql is installed on a Domain Controller (which i know is not recommended) and so no local groups/users are available. should i delete the registry values or change them to sID's from domain accounts? if so, which? or if the above article will not work, are the...

Spelling takes very long time to check misspelled words
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook 2000. The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This problem happens when the email has attachment. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

Date & time substraction
Cell A1 13/01/2008 10:25 AM Cell A2 17/01/2008 06:10 PM How to acheive difference between cell A2 & A1 in hours? Thanks in advance Vinay Dalmia =a2-a1 and give this cell a custom format of: [hh] or [hh]:mm or [hh]:mm:ss or whatever you like. VINAY DALMIA wrote: > > Cell A1 13/01/2008 10:25 AM > > Cell A2 17/01/2008 06:10 PM > > How to acheive difference between cell A2 & A1 in hours? > > Thanks in advance > > Vinay Dalmia -- Dave Peterson Assuming you want hours as a floating point number... =24*(A2-A1) Rick "VINAY DALMIA&qu...

Error on clicking Leads
Hi Everyone, I am having error in case of clicking Leadsin Microsoft CRM 4. Its a new installation. Following is the error message detail from event log; Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 10/7/2008 Time: 10:46:27 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 10/7/2008 10:46:27 AM Event time (UTC): 10/7/2008 7:46:27 AM Event ID: da75be4dd2804f6bbd24948e053cc6e8 Event sequence: 60 Event occurrence: 4 Event detail code: 0 Application inform...

Time Card Report
Time In and Time Out dates are not arranged proper order in Time Card Report. Is it bug OR am i missing something. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks. They aren't. Also that box at the tope of each employee combines the week(s) of the report for a total of each day of the week. -- Elizabeth M. "Sagar Lipare" <SagarLipare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E8AD010-F656-47D6-8C76-9AA72E27E397@microsoft.com... > Time In and Time Out dates are not arranged proper order in Time Card Report. > Is it bug OR am i missing something. Any thoughts will ...