third party driver catalog entries

Hi,
I've added a couple of drivers to the public tree and to the catalog
(public\mydriver\catalog\mydriver.pbcxml).
I selected driver1 in the catalog and built and tested with it, then I
unselected it and selected driver2, ran Build MyProjectname from the Build
menu in PB (CE6R2).  But driver1 keeps getting included in the build.  I see
that both driver1 and driver2 bib files are getting merged in and the dll's
are both included in nk.bin.  So it seems that adding to my image is easier
than removing from the image.  It's not just unchecking the catalog option
and supposedly deactivating that CESYSGEN variable.  Or did I do something
wrong in the build trees I added to the public directory?  Is unchecking the
catalog option supposed to remove the component from the CE image?  I
assumed it would.  If this is supposed to work, then any idea where I should
look for my error?

Since both drivers use the flash PDD interface, when I want to use driver2,
I end up executing driver1 code.
I assume this is because driver1 gets linked first in ce.bib.
I'm using a debug build of CE.

Thanks,
Gary

0
Gary

Gary:

With a change like that you probably need to do a clean build.  The build
system doesn't have any way of checking dependencies on your environment
variable changes.

But then again, you didn't provide us with any details about how you
implemented this, so only you would know.
--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
www.Eurotech.com

"Gary Swalling" <garret.swalling@spansion.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've added a couple of drivers to the public tree and to the catalog
> (public\mydriver\catalog\mydriver.pbcxml).
> I selected driver1 in the catalog and built and tested with it, then I
> unselected it and selected driver2, ran Build MyProjectname from the Build
> menu in PB (CE6R2).  But driver1 keeps getting included in the build.  I
> see that both driver1 and driver2 bib files are getting merged in and the
> dll's are both included in nk.bin.  So it seems that adding to my image is
> easier than removing from the image.  It's not just unchecking the catalog
> option and supposedly deactivating that CESYSGEN variable.  Or did I do
> something wrong in the build trees I added to the public directory?  Is
> unchecking the catalog option supposed to remove the component from the CE
> image?  I assumed it would.  If this is supposed to work, then any idea
> where I should look for my error?
>
> Since both drivers use the flash PDD interface, when I want to use
> driver2, I end up executing driver1 code.
> I assume this is because driver1 gets linked first in ce.bib.
> I'm using a debug build of CE.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

0
Bruce
4/5/2010 6:25:08 PM
Here's an example of one of the Items from my catalog entry:

  <Item Id="Item:Spansion:flashpdd_spipci3ctl">
    <Title>Spansion(TM) Flash Memory Driver for PCI3</Title>
    <Description>Spansion(TM) Flash Memory Driver with PCI3 Controller
(SYSGEN_SPN_SPI_PCI3CTL)</Description>
    <SysgenVariable>SYSGEN_SPN_SPI_PCI3CTL</SysgenVariable>
    <ChooseOneGroup>true</ChooseOneGroup>
    <Location>Spansion\Spansion SPI PDD</Location>
    <SourceCode>
      <Title>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI</Title>
      <Path>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI</Path>
    </SourceCode>
    <SourceCode>
      <Title>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI\SPIDRVR</Title>
      <Path>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI\SPIDRVR</Path>
    </SourceCode>
    <SourceCode>
      <Title>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI\SPICTL\SPNPCI3</Title>
      <Path>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI\SPICTL\SPNPCI3</Path>
    </SourceCode>
    <SourceCode>
      <Title>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI\SPIPCI</Title>
      <Path>$(_WINCEROOT)\public\SPN_SPI\SPIPCI</Path>
    </SourceCode>
  </Item>

This is from cebasecesysgen.bat:

    if not "%SYSGEN_SPN_SPI_PCI3CTL%"=="1" goto :no_SPI_PCI3_CTL
        set SPN_SPI_MODULES=%SPN_SPI_MODULES% spidrvr spipci
        set SPIDRVR_COMPONENTS=spnspipci3ctl
        set SYSGEN_FLASHMDD=1
        set SYSGEN_DEVLOAD=1
        set __SYSGEN_FILESYS=1
    :no_SPI_PCI3_CTL

applicable parts of my cesysgen\makefile:

spidrvr:: $(SPIDRVR_COMPONENTS)
    @set DLLENTRY=_DllMainCRTStartup
    @set TARGETLIBS=\
        $(OWNSTATICLIB) \
        $(SG_INPUT_LIB)\spnspiregistryparms.lib \
        %%TARGETLIBS%% \
!IFDEF SYSGEN_SPN_SPI_MODEL
        $(SG_OUTPUT_SDKLIB)\ws2.lib \
!ENDIF
        $(SG_OUTPUT_OAKLIB)\ceddk.lib
    -@xcopy /I  $(OWNSTATICLIB) $(SG_OUTPUT_OAKLIB)

!IF "$(SPIDRVR_COMPONENTS)" != ""
$(SPIDRVR_COMPONENTS):
    @set TARGETLIBS=$(SG_INPUT_LIB)\$@.lib %%TARGETLIBS%%
    -@xcopy /I  $(SG_INPUT_LIB)\$@.lib $(SG_OUTPUT_OAKLIB)
!ENDIF

spidrvr spipci::
 @set TARGETTYPE=DYNLINK
 @set TARGETNAME=$@
 @set DEFFILE=$(SG_INPUT_LIB)\$@.def
 @set SOURCELIBS=
 @set TARGETLIBS=%%TARGETLIBS%% $(SG_OUTPUT_SDKLIB)\coredll.lib
 $(MAKE) /NOLOGO $(SG_OUTPUT_OAKTGT)\$@.dll

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" <bruce.eitman.nospam@Eurotech.com.nospam> wrote in
message news:%23TmlO1O1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Gary:
>
> With a change like that you probably need to do a clean build.  The build
> system doesn't have any way of checking dependencies on your environment
> variable changes.
>
> But then again, you didn't provide us with any details about how you
> implemented this, so only you would know.
> --
> Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
> Senior Engineer
> Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
> My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
>
> Eurotech Inc.
> www.Eurotech.com
>
> "Gary Swalling" <garret.swalling@spansion.com.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I've added a couple of drivers to the public tree and to the catalog
>> (public\mydriver\catalog\mydriver.pbcxml).
>> I selected driver1 in the catalog and built and tested with it, then I
>> unselected it and selected driver2, ran Build MyProjectname from the
>> Build menu in PB (CE6R2).  But driver1 keeps getting included in the
>> build.  I see that both driver1 and driver2 bib files are getting merged
>> in and the dll's are both included in nk.bin.  So it seems that adding to
>> my image is easier than removing from the image.  It's not just
>> unchecking the catalog option and supposedly deactivating that CESYSGEN
>> variable.  Or did I do something wrong in the build trees I added to the
>> public directory?  Is unchecking the catalog option supposed to remove
>> the component from the CE image?  I assumed it would.  If this is
>> supposed to work, then any idea where I should look for my error?
>>
>> Since both drivers use the flash PDD interface, when I want to use
>> driver2, I end up executing driver1 code.
>> I assume this is because driver1 gets linked first in ce.bib.
>> I'm using a debug build of CE.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gary

0
Gary
4/5/2010 7:05:26 PM
You need to do a clean build for your changes to take effect.

--

> [...]
>>> unselected it and selected driver2, ran Build MyProjectname from the
>>> Build menu in PB (CE6R2).  But driver1 keeps getting included in the
>>> build.  I see that both driver1 and driver2 bib files are getting merged
>>> in and the dll's are both included in nk.bin.  So it seems that adding
>>> to my image is easier than removing from the image.  It's not just
>>> unchecking the catalog option and supposedly deactivating that CESYSGEN
>>> variable.  Or did I do something wrong in the build trees I added to the
>>> public directory?  Is unchecking the catalog option supposed to remove
>>> the component from the CE image?  I assumed it would.  If this is
>>> supposed to work, then any idea where I should look for my error?
>>>
>>> Since both drivers use the flash PDD interface, when I want to use
>>> driver2, I end up executing driver1 code.
>>> I assume this is because driver1 gets linked first in ce.bib.

0
Bruce
4/5/2010 7:30:13 PM
rebuild fixed it....thanks!

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" <bruce.eitman.nospam@Eurotech.com.nospam> wrote in
message news:%23mX3lZP1KHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>    -@xcopy /I  $(SG_INPUT_LIB)\$@.lib $(SG_OUTPUT_OAKLIB)
>> !ENDIF
>>
>> spidrvr spipci::
>> @set TARGETTYPE=DYNLINK
>> @set TARGETNAME=$@
>> @set DEFFILE=$(SG_INPUT_LIB)\$@.def
>> @set SOURCELIBS=
>> @set TARGETLIBS=%%TARGETLIBS%% $(SG_OUTPUT_SDKLIB)\coredll.lib
>> $(MAKE) /NOLOGO $(SG_OUTPUT_OAKTGT)\$@.dll
>>
>> "Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" <bruce.eitman.nospam@Eurotech.com.nospam> wrote in
>> message news:%23TmlO1O1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Gary:
>>>
>>> With a change like that you probably need to do a clean build.  The
>>> build system doesn't have any way of checking dependencies on your
>>> environment variable changes.
>>>
>>> But then again, you didn't provide us with any details about how you
>>> implemented this, so only you would know.

0
Gary

Adding trx desc from Payables Transaction Entry window to check
Hi all, My customer is trying to print check from the Payables Transaction window. But she needs to extract the transaction description onto the check. I checked in KnowledgeBase - it is possible to add if the invoice is posted. But this check is printed on the fly and so the transaction is in PM Transaction WORK table. Any idea how I can add/link this table to the PM Payment WORK table? Thanks in advance. Regards, Saras ...

CRM 3.0 Pro and 3rd Party Fax Server
As we know that Fax capability is only built in for SBS version. Has any one implemented 3.0 Pro with a 3rd party fax server. I found out that GFI Software is coming out with faxserver for MS CRM 3.0. Its currently in developement and will come out some time in q1 next year. Meanwhile they have: http://www.gfi.com/faxmaker/ you should offer to beta test to get early access ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jazz Singh" <JazzSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8CC6640-5D23-46E9-9938...

Third mouse button emulator?
I have the Kensington Slimblade mouse/keyboard for portability, but there is no third mouse button. Is there a third mouse button emulator around? Google for Third Button Emulator 1.0 If you have a two buttons mouse and you would like to use a third than this utility is very helpful on Windows systems. Pressing Ctrl or Shift(Selectable) together with right mouse botton will emulate a press on the third(middle) mouse button. System requirements: - .NET Framework 2.0 -=- "danr_18@yahoo.com" wrote: > I have the Kensington Slimblade mouse/keyboard for portabili...

Can't open Cash Receipts Entry
Hi After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, the system comes with this message "Cannot access this form because the directory containing it is not loaded". Is there a way to fix this and if there is how ? Best regards Andreas Høyer The user do not have access to the window. Go to Advance Security and give them access to the Cash Receipts entry window. Gerald "Andreas Hoyer" wrote: > Hi > > After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, > the system comes with this messa...

How do I stop Excel from converting a numerical entry to a date?
I'm creating a spreadsheet in which one column contains SKU (stock keeping unit) numbers. Excel sometimes sees these values as dates and automatically converts them in my spreadsheet. For example, Excel sees 10-1999 as Oct-99. Enter it as '10-1999. The apostrophe will convert your entry to text but will not show in the cell. You will be able to see it in the formula bar. Alternately format the cell as text before entering the SKU. Hope this helps Rowan havanakids wrote: > I'm creating a spreadsheet in which one column contains SKU (stock keeping > unit) numbers. Ex...

Because the Exchange MTA is disabled, the store driver...
I suddenly have a huge problem on my exchange 2003 (running on SBS). Trying to fix the not running Exchange MTA (Bad ideer, is it was ok in the not running state DOH) service I uninstalled the SMTP service, and reinstalled it! The result of that was a smashed Exchange server. Now I can't get it to relay for any of my domains anymore, and everytime someone send an email, the Event log on my server will tell me that It cant deliver the Email because the Exchange MTA service is not running. Could you please help me get it back up and running, or at least give me some clues ...

Longer Description in Routing Sequence Entry (needed for Outsourc.
We do a fair amount of outsourcing various process's in our manufacturing environment. When you create a purchase order from the Manufacturing Module, it would be nice to have the same field length in the Sequence Information Description of a Routing as is currently available for a Purchase Order. Currently we are having to manually enter the information a second time on the purchase order so the Vendor knows what we are talking about. Thanks! The suggested change will be included in the 9.0 release (previously referred to as 8.5), which is scheduled for 4Q05. -- This posting is...

Lost entries after synchronizing in Microsoft Money 2005
I have been using Microsoft Money 2005 for almost 2 years. I synchronized my Microsoft Money a couple of nights ago so that I could view my accounts from any computer. When I logged into Money tonight, I find that all of my entries made prior to about a month ago are missing, in each of my accounts. The balances are off also. I went to balance an account and the previous balance part was blank as if I had never balanced before. I have searched all over and cannot figure out what to do. HELP! -- Susanb777 In microsoft.public.money, susanb777 wrote: >I have been using Micr...

Complicated data entry ?
I would like to have a spreadsheet on which I can enter services automatically. Problem is each differrent service has different numbers of elements which make it up. For example: FRAME PORT LINE PVCa PVCb ROUTER ATM PORT LINE SCR SMTP SUBS TRAFFIC AV SCAN And I want, on another sheet, to choose (from a drop down), one of the services (in this case, FRAME or ATM or SMTP) and get the service elements automatically added so the result looks like FRAME PORT FRAME LINE FRAME PVCa FRAME PVCb FRAME ROUTER SMTP SUBS SMTP TRAFFIC SMTP AV SCAN I'...

Many to Many Data Entry
Hi all, This is a doozy of a problem, using a form to join many to many fields, so thanks if you're up for checking it out! I have two tables that are linked with a many to many relationship using a third table. TblZones (with fields ZoneNo(primary key, autonumber), ZoneMo, Zone Description, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDevices (with fields DeviceNo (primary key, autonumber), DeviceType, Location, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDeviceZoning (With fields ID (primary key, autonumber), DeviceNo, and ZoneNo) A device may only be assigned to a zone that shares the same customer number...

SDIO Bus Driver Log
Hi all, We are developing an SDIO device now. We want to design the device to be an I/O only device rather than an SD memory device. When we plugged the device into a PC running Windows XP SP2, it showed up as a disk drive. We could not check its disk propery. We guess we fail to present correct response of some SDIO commands and we want to find them out. Anybody knows whether the SDIO enumeration is logged by Windows SDIO bus driver (sdbus.sys) or any other component ? Thanks in advance. Julian ...

Importing Journal Entries Using Table Import
Hello I am doing some research to see which methods would work best for importing journal entries created in a third-party application into Great Plains. So far I've completed the process using the integration manager and now I am researching the table import method. The table import process is causing me some problems because I cannot get the account numbers to import. There is a typo in the GL Transacton Entry SDK document I have, so I am trying to work around it. I am not an Engineering, my background is more of end-user. If someone has some suggestions on how to map to the ac...

Planner for Driver's weekly journeys
I require a weekly/monthly planner for driver's journeys some of which occur on a regular basis ...

Deleting All Rows for Duplicate Entries Except Those With Most Items In Row
I need to identify & delete rows of data. Most entries in Column B appear more than one time in my list, but the other data on the rows associated with these Column B duplicates are different. I need to keep just 1 unique occurrence of each Column B entry, and the occurrence I need to keep is the one that has the most items in each row. In the example below, I need to keep Rows 1 and 5 for the 2 unique entries in Column B. I am not comfortable with programs. Is there a way to accomplish my goal with formulas? A B C D E Row 1 KEEP 123456789 4567...

outlook2003: can't find MaxFileSize registry entry
Hi! all, One of the users whom I support has reached the size limit for her .pst file. The KB #832925 tell me how to change the size limit but I was unable to find all entrys in the registry. I'm can't find 11.0 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\ in her windows or any of the other's that I support, and all them PC are windows xp sp2 + office 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot! The instructions are not clear, you must create the key and values manually. For example if you expanded Microsoft and did not see an Office key, you would select/highlig...

How do I time/date stamp an entry in a note from a calendar entry?
Using Outlook 2003. I have calendar entry "Call so and so...." I have called this person before and want to time date this call above the other one. I can enter it manually however other programs I have used wil do this automatically. Surely Outlook can do this? in outlook 2003 you need to use a utility or enter it manually. You can also use VBA to do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Move between records on a form (skipping subform entries)
Is there a way to step through specific records on a form, instead of every record, when a subform is attached (a one-to-many relationship)? I have a form (A) and a subform (B). Form/table A contains personal information and subform/table B contains the vehicles that the individual owns. The tables have a relationship of one-to-many (form/table A has one value that links to multiple values in form/table B). I have created a form that shows the table A "one" information at the top of the screen and the table/subform B "many" information below it. I would like t...

Viewing ALL text entry for a cell
I have a spreadsheet which has a cell with long written descriptions for item entries in each row. Some descriptions are pretty lengthy and the cell seems to cut off the text entry once it's reached a particular length. How can I have the cell display the full text entry? I've got the cell formatted to wrap text and seems to do fine, until you reach a certain lenth (character count)??? Is there a max character count in the cells? If so, can that be changed?? I am using Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ from Excel XP help - Length of cell contents...

Change color of every third point
Hi. I have a line chart and I'd like to somehow indicate every third point with a different color or something. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. -- elbows ------------------------------------------------------------------------ elbows's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7449 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521755 Hi, Let's suppose that the x-values(Category axis) and the y-values are in say A2:A101, and B2:B101 respectively, and also that you have already created a Line Plot with B2:B101 vs A2:A...

Deleting multiple calendar entries
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I tried mobile me to sync entourage with my iphone. <br> Everytime the phone and entourage synced a duplicate entry was made in my entourage calendar. How can I delete multiple events in entourage at the same time? On 1/4/10 3:37 PM, numacguy@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: pop I tried mobile me to sync entourage with my iphone. > Everytime the phone and entourage synced a duplicate ...

exchange rate on journal entry #2
I ran into a strange situation today. My exchange rates are defined to pick the next exchange rate if the rates for the transaction dates are not defined. I have exchange rate defined as 1.1 for the period of 1/1/06 with expiration date of 1/7/06 and 1.2 for 1/8/06 with expiration date of 1/14/06. When I enter a journal entry for the date of 1/2/06, I expect the rate to be picked up will be 1.1 but the rate picked up is 1.2. If I enter a journal entry for the date of 1/1/06, the rate picked up is 1.1. can anyone explain? ...

How do i have a check display with any data entry in a cell
I am creating a simple spreadsheet for teachers and want to have only a check mark displayed regardless of what they type into a cell. Insert the check mark symbol you want from the Insert-Symbol menus int a reference cell for your formula. Then your formula in B2 would be. =IF(A2>0,$H$2,"") A2 is where the data is entered by the teachers, $H$2 is where yo inserted the check mark symbol for your reference. You can then dra this down for each row of data. Cheers, Stev -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SteveG's Profile: ...

Total number of Jan 2007 entries in a list of date formatted field
I have a report that captures work done by sales reps. For each entry there exists a date. This report is exported in Excel format and the date is captured as mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm. I would like to have a column that lists the number of work entries by Jan 2007, Feb 2007, Mar 2007, etc. I am at a loss as to how I can conditionally count the occurrence based on the month and the year in this date field. Thanks in advance. =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(B2:B200)=2007),--(MONTH(B2:B200)=1)) where B2:B200 holds the dates you can expand on that if you want to count for an individual =SUMPRODUCT(--(A...

Third Party Commissions software??
Hello, Does anyone have any experience with third party commissions software that could be used in conjunction with GP 9.0? Flaum Associates has been doing this for years and can handle the most extreem situations. Also, EthoTech has a commission program that is very flexible. Both are solid solutions. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Don D." wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone have any experience with third...

Filtering floppy operations with minifilter driver
I want to filter floppy disks operations with the file system minifilter driver. The problem is that I cannot attach minifilter to the drive unless the disk is inserted. If disk is not inserted into the drive, the FilterAttach function returns error (ERROR_FLT_DELETING_OBJECT (0X801F000B) for Windows XP and ERROR_FLT_VOLUME_NOT_FOUND (0x 801F0014) for Windows 7). When the disk is inserted, all works fine. After ejecting/inserting the disk minifilter continues to work properly. Is there any way to attach minifilter to the floppy drive without physical disk inserted into it? T...