Sharing Folders in WinCE 6.0

Dear All,

    I need to share a folder inside the WinCE 6.0 device. So that I can copy
files from Windows PC to WinCE device as we normally do in Windows PC. I
would like to know any documents or links available to get this information.
Any Catalog items and registry settings needs to be done while building WinCE
image.

Wince supports the following options to sharing the data between the PC and
your device.
1) you can use ActiveSync.(SYSGEN_AS_BASE,SYSGEN_AS_FILE). ActiveSync uses
serial port or USB serial client to communitate with the device.
2) you can Mass Storage client(SYSGEN_USBFN_STORAGE), provided, your device
has USB client controller and you have a storage area (RAMDISK or persistent
storage).

3) you can use FTP server(SYSGEN_FTPD) in the device to share the data.
--
vinoth.R
http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com

On 5/21/2010 3:36 PM, Vinoth [MCTS] wrote:
> Wince supports the following options to sharing the data between the PC and
> your device.
> 1) you can use ActiveSync.(SYSGEN_AS_BASE,SYSGEN_AS_FILE). ActiveSync uses
> serial port or USB serial client to communitate with the device.
> 2) you can Mass Storage client(SYSGEN_USBFN_STORAGE), provided, your device
> has USB client controller and you have a storage area (RAMDISK or persistent
> storage).
>
> 3) you can use FTP server(SYSGEN_FTPD) in the device to share the data.

You can use also the SMB server ("file server under the server
components) to share folder using Windows file sharing.

--
Valter Minute (eMVP)
Training, support and development for Windows CE:

Copying files from virtualstore folder with script???
Using a wscript (vbs) to zip and copy user data/files to a backup folder on the network. For some reason this user (a new client) has all his quicken files in: "C:\Users\robert\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Quicken\" The script file opens a cmd windows to run the zip program. But none of the files get copied. I figger it is a permissions issue for running the cmd window not as an administrator. Suggestions please as to how to open an elevated cmd windows from a vbs script. Current syntax: (this is called 3 times for different folders) destFile = newF...

Outlook Folder Order
Hi, Is there a way to order the CRM folders in the Outlook desktop client? I have them ordered correctly in the web client but in outlook all the contents of the folders are ordered alphabetically. This doesn't make much sense as it causes quotes, orders and invoices to be shown in the wrong order. Many Thanks. No, this is controlled by Outlook. The SDK says: "Note that the Outlook client represents the folders alphabetically; the order defined in the site map does not apply." -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Leo2" wrote: > Hi, &g...

Collections in GP 10.0
We are upgrading GP from 9.0 to 10.0 and I noticed that there's no COLLECTIONS listed under Transactions | Sales in versin 10.0. Is this not available with 10.0 or is it just located in another area? Thanks. G On Aug 2, 9:44=A0am, G <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are upgrading GP from 9.0 to 10.0 and I noticed that there's no > COLLECTIONS listed under Transactions | Sales in versin 10.0. =A0 > > Is this not available with 10.0 or is it just located in another area? > > Thanks. > > G You should still see it under Tr...

Excell deletes 0 when its the first number in a string
Anyone know how I can turn off the option that deletes 0 when its the first number in a string? everytime I tyoe in a number such as 0987 it deletes the 0 at the begining. Either pre-format the cell as TEXT, or type an apostrophe before the leading zero...........the apostrophe will not be seen in the cell or printout, but will format that cell as TEXT.......... Vaya con dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "dustin1138" <dustin1138@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9735B714-8BD5-4D7C-A913-D6D39017FE66@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how I can turn off the option that dele...

MFC 7.0 GetStatus fails on files located on CD
I am using CArchive to read a file from a CD. When CFile::GetStatus gets the accesstime for the file located on the CD the value ftAccess is 0 then when it calls rStatus.m_atime = CTime(ftAccess); CTime passing in zero it throws an exception when it fails to convert from FileTimeToSystemTime if (!FileTimeToSystemTime(&localTime, &sysTime)) { m_time = 0; AtlThrow(E_INVALIDARG); return; } Since there is no try catch blocks the exception is caught by my handler wrapping the archive function with no data serialized in. My workaround was to derive a class from CFile and ...

[ANN] Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) released
Microsoft released Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) today just four months after its initial release and a little over a month since its Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 update. This is a major release and includes nearly 50 bug fixes and improvements for Entourage. This update is available through AutoUpdate or you can download from Mactopia. Although service packs (SP = "service pack") may sometimes include new features, such as Office 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) did for Exchange support, this one does not. Instead, it appears to be focused on stability and functionality. The big news is...

CRM 3.0 Email's take over 24hr's to arrive?!?!?!?
Okay we have the latest copy of CRM 3.0 installed at our offices here and yesterday I was trying to update our techs on their service cases via email. I sent approx 6 email's from within CRM using various templates, no templates etc. and only one of the messages has arrived in my inbox so far..... Strange thing is it took like 22 hours to finally arrive in my inbox!!! I've searched knowledge base articles, these groups etc and I still havent been able to find anyone else with this problem, I find it really strange cos it's not like it has wrong smtp settings or whatnot cos one of ...

How To Recover Deleted Folder From MS Office Outlook 2003
Hi: I inadvertently deleted a sub folder which had previously been created to Inbox. I was in the process of creating the same folder name and put it under Personal Folders instead of Inbox when I deleted both the new folder and old sub folder, How can I recover the deleted old sub folder to Inbox? The more specifics the better. Thanks so much! Its not in your deleted Folder? You have a backup? "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:OJpxK5u1IHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > I inadvertently deleted a sub folder which had p...

How to disable the "show in group" default for new folders.
When I create a new folder, the "show in group" option is automatically applied. How do I disable so it is not applied to new folders. rhiggens <rhiggens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I create a new folder, the "show in group" option is > automatically applied. How do I disable so it is not applied to new > folders. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

CRM 3.0 01-20-06
In CRM 3.0 when closing a case "total time" does not add up time spent in the cases activities. This used to work in CRM 1.2 ...

#5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C5BD31.6D004AB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When senting to a particular recipiant I get... There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email = server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail.DOMAIN.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> Any Ideas? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C5BD31.6D004AB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printab...

Creating Hourly Time Format (0-23hrs)
Does anyone know how to format hours in Excel to get a 0-23 axis for a daily chart? I am currently doing the following and getting a 1-24 hours daily chart. Ican't figure out how to make this 0-23 intead of A B [1] 1 ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2)/2400 +MOD(A2,100)/1440 = 01:00 [2] 2 ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2)/2400 +MOD(A2,100)/1440 = 02:00 [3] 3 ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2)/2400 +MOD(A2,100)/1440 = 03:00 To be clearer I want 01:00, 02:00, and 03:00 to read 00:00, 01:00 and 02:00. Regards RK "ExcelMon...

restore public folder #2
Hi, I have restored the pub.edb in order to restore a public folder, I have restored it and all the services all running but when I try to see properties of the public folder in Exchange-Administrator message appears: The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no.: c1010aae What can I do to see the properties ? Exchange-server 5.5 is installed on a W2K-server with Active Directory. Thanks. John This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C45F46.23E86A00 Content-Type: text...

CRM 3.0 folder interface in Exchange web client
Hi, Does anyone know if we can install CRM 3.0 client for outlook on the exchange server so that it can have CRM folders and tool options available for remote user using outlook web interface ? The question may be totally invalid, but this is kind of requirememt for a client. Best Regards Atul Hi Atul, You can't really integrate the CRM outlook client and the OWA as the OWA model cannot be extended. Also the Outlook client requires a VPN connection (it won't run over Http or Rpc Over Http). You can run the CRM web client over Http (with some drawbacks like reports if it is n...

Password problem #6
Hi, I have created my profile in Outlook 2003. When I had the connection window, I have inserted my Login and Password and ticked the box "Save or Remember my password". But now, my password has been reset and I cannot access to this window to unticked this box. Does someone know the solution ? Thanks a lot. Go to Tools-> E-mail Accounts-> button Next and then edit your account settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "...

Appointments in 3.0 auto close or auto complete???
Does 3.0 auto complete appointments like 1.2 did? It doesn't appear that it does and I am wondering if there is a sql job to do this. -- Thanks, Brian ...

have outlook 6 in programs cant get to work
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '64.136.26.235', Server: '64.136.26.235', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F THIS IS WHAT I GET WHEN TRYING TO USE OUTLOOK HELP ALOT OF THINGS I TRY TO FORWARD REQUIRE ME TO USE OUTLOOK There is no "Outlook 6". Do you mean Outlook Express? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "DEPRIEST4647"...

Deleted email folders when deleting account setting
How can I recover hundreds of folders that vanished today when I took off a no-longer active account? The folders were no longer on the server from the old account; they were on the hard drive, or so I thought. They certainly no longer appeared on the old account server. I'm using 2000 and Outlook express 6. Can't see anything in the recycle bin except the very first one alphabetically. Thanks, Kris ...

Preparing for CRM 3.0 / Exchange
Hi, Our company recently purchased Small Business Server in order to eventually install and use Microsoft CRM. I am debating on whether or not we need to install and start using Exchange. What will we be unable to do in CRM if we decide against using Exchange? the only thing you will not be able to do is send / receive emails from and into crm. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "FREEMAN" <FREEMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25E67017-AE11-44E4-8F76-B454AB3B778D@microsoft.com......

Upgrade to RMS 2.0
After I upgrade to RMS 2.0 Evaluation with product key. I can open Admin and Operation manager, but when I try to open POS, I have the diagloue box pop up "A problem occurred while attempting to initialize the activation code, program must be closed". So I cannot open pos and input the product key. Any idea aobut this? How can I fix it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04FE_01C76C9B.4296AC90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mike, Did you install while logged in as an Administrato...

outlook express store folder
How do I change the location of store folder? How do I move my store folder: http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#movestore -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "nospam" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23ItEtE2iKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do I change the location of store folder? > ...

Deleted emails not showing up in Deleted Items folder
Yesteday this started. I delete an email from my in box and it does not appear in the Deleted Items folder. I checked Preferences but don't see any settings that may affect this. Any ideas? Thanks all, Richard Garneau Have you got the folder set to show "Unread Only"? -- Barry Wainwright Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details) Check out the Entourage User's WebLog for hints, tips and troubleshooting <http://homepage.mac.com/barryw/weblog/weblog.html> > From: Richard Garneau <richard@grghome.com> > Organization: http://gro...

Public Folders permissions
Hi, I have a single Public Folders store (the default). I've created several subfolders in Public Folders. I want everyone to be a Publishing Editor for certain, specific folders. For example, Group1 will have add content to Folder1 and Folder2; Group2 will have add content for only Folder2. Can I select Group1 (a global security group in AD) to be Publishing Editors for Folder1 and Folder2 instead of selecting each member of Group1 for both folders? Our company is rapidly growing, and I don't want to have to add each member to every folder they will need access to. Than...

Mail does not appear as sent until you click onto another folder
I have several workstations which are displaying the same problem. The environment is as follows: Windows 2000 Server SP4, Exchange 2000 Server SP3, Windows XP SP1 clients, Office XP SP2. The issue is that when mail is sent is leaves the Outbox but doesn't appear in Sent Items until you click on another folder such as Tasks. I suspect that this is related to a slow network/Exchange Server but it's difficult to say. Any ideas would be appreciated? Ben. OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation: http://support.m...

Get back mail adresses from mails inside an outlook folder
Hi, I would like to get back mail adresses from mails i've received in order to make a reply on them with a mail already written. Could you help me? Olivier You can right click on an address in the header of an email and choose to add it to your Contacts, if that would help you. "Olivier" <opontecaille@partnerinterim.com> wrote in message news:dsuuob$5do$1@s1.news.oleane.net... > Hi, > I would like to get back mail adresses from mails i've received in order > to > make a reply on them with a mail already written. > Could you help me? Olivier <...