Problem with VBScript in WinCE 6.0

Hi everybody,

i'm using a mini2440 (ARM) with WinCE 6.0 R3. To test some functions
(JavaScript
and VBScript) of the system, i have a test .htm file (very simple):

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">;

<head>
     <title>Scripting test</title>
</head>
  VBScript
    <input type=button value=Push onclick="msgbox('hello world VBS')"
language="vbscript">
  <hr>
  JavaScript
  <input type=button value=Push onclick="alert('Hello World JS')"
language="javascript">

It works in my PC (IE 8), it works in previously version used in
mini2440 (WinCE
5), but in my implementation (WinCE 6 R3) only works JavaScripts. When
i press VB
button, nothing happen. I add Internet Options > Advanced > Display a
notification about e... (i can't see anymore!) and then i have a error
message:

Error: Permission denied: MsgBox
Code: 0

I tried activating other options in Internet options, but this one was
the
only one that "did something". When i search in internet about this
error,
every answer is about more complex applications (involving
communication
client-server), but this isn't my case.

I don't have experience with VBScript (i'm a hardware guy!), but I
have
tried a lot of options, i would like to modify something in registry,
but i
don't know where.

Thank you, i'll be waiting for your answer.
Leo
0
yopo

The device OEM decides whether VBScript or JavaScript is supported.  It
sounds to me like they decided to drop VBScript.  I think that the chances of
a registry change fixing the problem are very small.  Contact the device
vendor and verify that VBScript is supported first.  If so, ask them to check
your code and make sure that it should work.

Paul T.

"yopo" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i'm using a mini2440 (ARM) with WinCE 6.0 R3. To test some functions
> (JavaScript
> and VBScript) of the system, i have a test .htm file (very simple):

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">;

> <head>
>      <title>Scripting test</title>
> </head>
>   VBScript
>     <input type=button value=Push onclick="msgbox('hello world VBS')"
> language="vbscript">
>   <hr>
>   JavaScript
>   <input type=button value=Push onclick="alert('Hello World JS')"
> language="javascript">
>
> It works in my PC (IE 8), it works in previously version used in
> mini2440 (WinCE
> 5), but in my implementation (WinCE 6 R3) only works JavaScripts. When
> i press VB
> button, nothing happen. I add Internet Options > Advanced > Display a
> notification about e... (i can't see anymore!) and then i have a error
> message:
>
> Error: Permission denied: MsgBox
> Code: 0
>
> I tried activating other options in Internet options, but this one was
> the
> only one that "did something". When i search in internet about this
> error,
> every answer is about more complex applications (involving
> communication
> client-server), but this isn't my case.
>
> I don't have experience with VBScript (i'm a hardware guy!), but I
> have
> tried a lot of options, i would like to modify something in registry,
> but i
> don't know where.
>
> Thank you, i'll be waiting for your answer.
> Leo
> .

Hi Paul,

I have the board and with PB 6.0 I'm making my own WinCE 6 image, with
VBScript and JScript options enabled. It didn't happen with my own
WinCE 5 (with same componentes), i think is something about
permissions, but i'm really not sure.

Leo
0
yopo
4/28/2010 8:12:54 PM
Ok, finally I found my mistake: it was always working! I talked with
the guy who built NK.bin for CE5, and he told me that this happen him
too, and he had to modify registry (he didn't remember where). But the
target of this test is only verify VBScript, no just function MsgBox.
So, he told me "use function 'alert', but VBScript version" (because
MsgBox has some security issues). It works, then i built an image
without VBScript, it didn't do anything (in both, JScript works), so,
VBScript was always working :P :P

Thank you!
Leo
0
yopo

econnect 9.0 installation com+
I am installing eConnect 9 on a local machine with SQL Server Express and GP 9 installed. Running WinXP Pro sp2. When I get to the end of the installation process and need to enter the Domain/user and pass, I enter "eConnect" as the user I created in users and Groups. "eConnect" user is part of the admin group. I receive the following errors and installation fails. "The eConnect Incoming Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" "The eConnect Outgoing Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" ...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Problem persisting toolbar state
I'm trying to use SaveBarState("BarState") and LoadBarState("BarState") to remember the state of my toolbars. This works fine for all my toolbars except 2. Checking the registry reveals that the 2 bars are not listed (at least there is no matching BarID entry). When I show them from my view menu the first toolbar (IDR_MAINFRAME) shows up docked to the right side, not where I left it. And the second toolbar (IDR_SECOND_TOOLBAR) toolbar shows up on the correct row, i.e. I moved it down to form a second row, but has moved back to its original horizontal position wh...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

WINCE desktop icon text
Hello everyone�� How to make the wince desktop icon text background transparent? it is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you! Auly(from china) I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell. You have the source, so it should be possible. Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn. Find where the item names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to control whether your change is active or not. I think that, no matter what ...

CRM4
Hi, On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my default organization. The message error is the following : "Caller does not have enough privilege to set CallerOriginToken to the specified value". I didn't find anything on the Web... Does anyone have an idea ? Fabien Majurel I have the same problem, I am going to reinstall and see if that helps Mike "Fabien Majurel" wrote: > Hi, > > On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my > default organization. The message error is the following...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

Exchange 5.5 internal site problem
Hi, I am using exch 5.5 with 2 srvrs in a single sit , with a mail content scanner enigine on a diff srvr , when i forward mail fm content scanner to first srvr , the mail flow works properly , but when i forward it to second srvr ( which was buileded later) , the recipients on 1 st server dont get internet mails . Can anyone HElp. ...

birthday reminders problem
outlook 97: my reminders are not working when i try to access them by clicking their icons in the contacts folder i get the nysterious message "Outlook could not start because a location to send or receive mail could not be found" this is doubly weird because i do not use outlook to send or receive mail (i use outlook express) and sending/receiving mail is not what i am trying to do anyway another problem - i suspect it is related - my tasks do not appear in my calendar any more. All this began after I archived my calendar. I have tried re-installing outlook but it made...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

VC++6.0 + CComboBoxEx + Win2000 = problem
Hello I have a problem wit the MFC class CComboboxEx and VC++6.0 under Windows 2000. The combobox is a "drop list" (Style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) Basically everything work as it should be, the icons will be displayed in my combobox, the items are there, basically fine. But now my problem: 1)First the behaviour of the CComboBox class to explain my problem more exact (maybe I do not expect the correct behaviour in CComboBoxEx?): -For opening the dropdown list click the left mouse button -If I click the left mouse button again the dropdown list will be closed. 2)Now the CComboBoxEx c...

"Shrinkage" Problem when saving as PDF
I have a newsletter created in Publisher, which I send to the printer as a PDF. When I create the PDF, everything on the pages gets slightly scaled down, creating a larger margin and my nice crisp text becomes a tad fuzzy. I'm using Publisher 2007 and have tried 1) Publish as PDF or XPS, 2) Print, and select the printer as Adobe PDF, and 3) Save As *.pdf, all with the same results. I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, if it matters. Can you advise me on settings that I need to adjust when I create the PDF? Or something else? When you go to print, select Preferences and set the margins to 0 (z...

AD replication problems
I have two sites each running it's own DC. When I create a user on Site 2 DC and after a few seconds search for that user it doesn't appear on Site 2 DC instead it appears on Site 1 DC. What could be causing this? Regards It sounds like you are attached to the site 1 dc even though you might be in the site 2 dc's site. How are you creating the user and how are you looking at where it is showing up? -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever)...

Why is line number and position = 0 when validating against a xsd schema?
Why is line number and position = 0 in the code below? Valiation errors are found but not their position. cheers, mortb public static void Main() { XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.Schemas.Add(null, @"Schema.xsd"); xml.Load(@"Document.xml"); StringBuilder validationErrors = new StringBuilder(); xml.Validate(delegate(object errorSender, System.Xml.Schema.ValidationEventArgs eventArgs) { validationErrors.AppendFormat("{0} Line {1}, Pos {2}", eventArgs.Exception.Message, eventArgs.Exception.Line...

Problem Exporting Messages from OE
Hi, I am trying to export messages from Outlook Express. I have done this before, but now I am having problems getting the process to work. I click File, Export, Messages.... but it then replies, "This will export messages from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange". I click Ok and nothing happens? I thought it would ask me for a Profile, but it does not. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Meeker Configured Outlook already with a valid default delivery location? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

CRM 3.0 web part for sharepoint 2003
I am trying to configure the web part. I put the URL of the CRM server in the Sharepoint web part and it says, "This version of the CRM List Web Part only supports binding to a single Microsoft CRM server per SharePoint server. Since this part has already been configured on this SharePoint Server, the CRM Server URL has been defaulted for you." Well, I hadn't yet configured for that sharepoint server. I searched around and it says that I need to trust delegation on the sharepoint server. So I did, but when I went to delegate and specify my SQL reporting and CRM server, I...