New Platform does not detect hard disk

I have a CEPC SBC using a Vortex DX DOC with an integrated ehternet.   The
board also has 4 serial ports and an IDE interface.   I am using CE5.0.  I
made a CEPC based headless platform and I am able to talk to the system using
telnet, Ftp and HTTP.

The image does not detect the harddrive.   Apparently this board is using an
intel based IDE controller and requires the ICHIDE.DLL ATAPI driver.  This
driver was available for CE 5.0 in a BSP provided by intel but I cant seem to
find that anywhere.  Does anyone know how to obtain this DLL for CE5.0.

The hardware vendor provided a BSP for CE6.0 which has ICHIDE.DLL in it.
The compiled file was found in a DEBUG directory of the BSP.  I dont know if
that matters.   I tried including the ICHIDE.DLL in my build by adding it to
PLATFORM.BIB in the MODULES section.   This gave me an error that no .REL
file was available.   So I move the .REL file from the BSP to my Release
Directory and then I get an error
   CANT find import 2569 in coredll.dll
   FATAL IMPORT error in ICHIDE.

Next I tried adding it to the .BIB file in the FILES Section.  The Platform
Builder created an image but it still did not detect the Hard Drive.

The vendor also provided the source for this DLL.   I moved the source
directories into my PLATFORM\DRIVERS path and added the directory into the
DIRS file.   Then I tried to build the project.

I get unresolved external error SEH_EPILOG4
       unresolved external error except_handler4
       unresolved external error SEH_PROLOG4
      unresolved external error ceopencallerbuffer
       unresolved external error ceclosecallerbuffer

If anyone has any ideas how to proceed to get this functioning it would be
greatly appreciated.

New Essay: Floating Point Explorer
For the morbidly curious, take a look at my Floating Point Explorer, which lets you see the raw representation of a double, see how double-to-text and text-to-double conversions work, and generally explore a lot of the issues of floating point. http://www.flounder.com/floating_point_explorer.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

new user to Outlook 2002
Hi I have migrated all email addresses to Outlook 2002 and found that the "response" time of Outlook is much slower than that of Outlook Express. By this I mean there is a longer period of "refresh time" (not sure how else to describe this) of 3-5 seconds that I have to wait before the emails are displayed when I use Outlook. Why is this slower, and is there some way of speeding this up? Please note that my main sevice provider email addresses default to the "Inbox" under "Outlook Today" but the Hotmail only defaults to a root directory under...

new exch2003 with a 5.5
I have just got my 2003 server up and running, I still have my 5.5 servers going. I have only moved one mailbox to test. All the other mailboxes are still on the old 5.5 servers I have re-routed the inbound SMTP traffic to the new 2003 server on my firewall and that seems to work. But the outbound is still going out through the 5.5 server. How or where do I specify which server is responsible for sending mail outbound? Can I still have the 5.5 server running and specify which server routes oubound? SteveO As long the the Internet Mail Connector from the Exchange 5.5 is in place, and it ...

New distribution groups not showing in GAL
I'm creating two distribution groups on Exchange 2003. I simply right-click the OU and create a new group, global distribution group selected via the radio buttons. Next screen I check the box to add an Exchange email address and leave the defaults. Next and Finish. Open Outlook and no entries in the GAL. I waited 24 hours for the GAL to update and looked again. Still not finding my new distribution groups! If I put the alias in the "To:" box and send I get error 5.1.1 that the account wasn't found in the domain. What am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated! Dyl...

Stop: c000021a Unkown Hard Error
Hello all, Thanks to anyone who responds to this post. I have a Compaq DL 380 G2 thats running W2k3 Std. and E2k3 Enterprise Sp1. I'm getting the following error "Stop: c000021a Unkown hard error". This message is folllowed by either the system rebooting or this morning the system stops at a blue screen displaying the above message. I have set the startup properties to not automatically reboot as i needed to get the error message as nothing is indicated in the event logs other then "the system was shutdown unexpectidly". I also set the system to do a complete me...

Forcing Distribution list to new server
I just moved to a new Exchange 2003 server following the procedures in knowledgebase Article 822931. This move was from one Exchange 2003 server to another 2003 server. When I stopped the Exchange services on the original machine, I started having problems with one distribution list being sent from the original box, not from the second box. I thought distribution lists were stored in active directory. How can I force this list to come from the new Exchange server. I know it is coming from the first machine because of the header information in outlook. If you stopped Exchange se...

set up new indentity in outlook express 6
I tried to set up my identity in our computer because I want to have my own email account from charter (ISP). But I can't receive email but i can send. The server keep on denying my username and password. What should I do? DO i need to call charter to set it up for me? "glenn lawrence" <galawrence@charter.net> wrote in message news:#GFWtMuCKHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I tried to set up my identity in our computer because I want to have my > own email account from charter (ISP). But I can't receive email but i can > send. The server keep on deny...

email icon in system tray but no new email
I keep getting the new email recieved icon in the system tray but when checking my mailbox there is no new mail. I am running Office 2002 sp3 on XP pro sp1. Any ideas? Thanks Terry Do you have the rules wizard set to move specific messages to other folders and mark them as read? If you do then because you didn't actually open the message it doesn't regester it as read to take away the icon in the tray but it marks it as read in the folder. >-----Original Message----- >I keep getting the new email recieved icon in the system >tray but when checking my mailbox there i...

New to xml
I'm trying to write my xsl to display an unordered list fromt the xml file where location is equal to top: <siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" > <siteMapNode url="~/index.aspx" title="Home" location="top"> <siteMapNode url="~/about_us/index.aspx" title="About Us" location="top" > <siteMapNode url="~/about_us/mediaroom.aspx" title="Media Room" /> <siteMapNode url="~/about_us/awards.aspx" title="Awards" /> <siteMapNo...

Problem of Outlook after Reinstalling Outlook.exe
I recently reinstalled Office XP standard. When check send/receive I get a remark "OUTLOOK.EXE - NO DISK INSERT DISK INTO DRIVE A. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION THAT WILL FIX THIS. OUTLOOK APPEARS TO RUNNING OK. ...

Outlook 2003 lost show new mail alert
In Outlook 2003 I have lost the show new mail alert facility although it is ticked. I see the Outlook yellow square in my taskbar instead of the envelope. How can I fix this? Beemer Beemer <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 I have lost the show new mail alert facility although > it is ticked. I see the Outlook yellow square in my taskbar instead > of the envelope. Is it a matter of you using Windows XP and that XP is hiding the new mail icon? You can check this by right-clicking the Taskbar Notification Area and chooing Customize Notifications. Look for...

New "Vista" client setup error
After unsuccessfully installing the new Vista-compatible client in "on-line only" mode, and then uninstalling it from my system, I then try to install the "off-line" mode version. An error message indicates that a previous version is installed... please remove it before continuing. Here's the relevant log snippet: 14:23:16|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate Microsoft CRM Client for Microsoft Office Outlook=AE 14:23:16|Verbose| Calling BaseGroup.Validate 14:23:16| Error| Check ExistingClientValidator : Failure: An inco...

New to Sub Domains
In AD I am planing to create a sub domain. I have have HQ Users in a root domain "domain.local" and then an Orlando office in a sub domain "Orlando.domain.local". The Orlando users currently have accounts in the root domain with Exchange mailboxes boxes. I am plaining a local exchange in Orlando in this new domain but: 2 Questions: Any "gotcha's" to putting an exchange server in "Orlando.domain.local" and allowing both the exchange servers to get inbound external email for the same public domain name? How do I handle the user migration? Cre...

can't record a new macro or insert module in editor
When i try to record a new macro it tells me it is unalbe to record. When i go into the VB editor and go to the insert menu all the items are greyed out so I can't select module and so create a new macor that way. I have changed the security off from high (tried on both medium and low). Does anybody know why I can't make new macros? Douglas Allen Douglas Unfortunately the "Unable to record" message has several potential causes. Suggest you wander through these google search results dealing with this issue. Perhaps something will do the trick. The Personal.xls file ...

New record on a new day (re-post)
I seem to be having problems with this post, so I am going to try again. I need help in coding a form so that the following can happen: The scenario is that a user will open the form for the first time on Sept 21st, for example, and the form will be blank. Any subsequent times the user opens the form on Sept 21st it will default to the same record in the table for that day so that more information can be added to that record. On September 22nd, the form will be blank once again. I was given the following code to try: Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim db As DAO.Dat...

Assign New Contact to a Category in Outlook 2002
I would like to know if it is possible to assign a new contact to a category immediately when creating the new contact record. The only way I have found to do this is to create the new contact record, save it, go to my list of contacts and right-click it to assign a category. I'm sure there must be a way to do this from the initial new contact data entry screen instead of having to pull the contact back up from the listing once saved. Do you not see the Category field in the main page of the Contact Record? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Denise" <oui@quixnet.net> wr...

running out of disk space
I am running out of disk space on my backend server serving all users. there is no more room for additional HD. Will it be possible for me to purchase an additional server and move some mailboxes over to the new server and run both concurrrently? Will i still be able to use single namespace with front end server? Whate about mapi, will i be able to use single name space with mapi? Hi Tony Yes that sound like a simple enough solution and i don't forsee any problems with you adding an additional server, also if you are running Exchange Enterprise 2000 or 2003 you could simply add...

New usenet hierarchy proposal
Hi to all, seems to be that for all interested in further discussions, help etc. on VB Classic themes a new Usenet hierarchy should be created. Now I am no expert here, but AFAIK we need: - a naming - a primary host of the hierarchy - an ok from usenet administration Naming could be: vbclassic.en.misc vbclassic.en.com vbclassic.en.database etc and vbclassic.de.misc vbclassic.de.com vbclassic.de.datenbanken etc -- Ulrich Korndoerfer VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/ PS Ulrich Korndoerfer schrieb: > ... > Nami...

Saving New Documents on a network Drive.
Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our office network drive it says, "Cannot save Blank. This folder is read only." Only, the folderis NOT read only. All other software has no issues saving here but excel. any ideas? I'm sick of saving on the local drive and copying it over to the network drive. Thanks. Umm. . . any ideas? "MaxZ" <bmw@florida-counsel.com> wrote in message news:%23WKiYeI5FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our > office network drive it...

Anyone know how to setup NNTP bridge for the new forums?
I'd like to continue Outlook Express to view the newsgroups.. it allows me to participate, read, and not look like I'm browsing the web while at work. :) But I can't figure out how to get the NNTP bridge thing working. I signed up, it had me download a file and on my desktop sits" download.dlm" and that's it. Now what? Think I got it.. had to install File Transfer Manager, but now I wonder if the bridge is working or not.. how to tell, etc. "yuppicide" <nosir@nosir.com> wrote in message news:Olbv%23OoALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Add new activity after the creation of a baseline
Good afternoon. I would like to know how I could manage the following situation in Project 2007: 0. a new project has been created 1. activities for the project have been created 2. a baseline has been traced 3. the customer has posted some new requirements and we want to create new activities in the project without altering the original baseline Solution: We could create a new baseline (baseline 1) to register the planned work hours for the new activities Problem: When we want to calculate enterprise ressources productivity using a project server cube or when we want...

GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich?
Dear Friends, Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? This Inc500 listed company is giving away money... This company is going to set me up for life and it can do the same for you. Read about how 1000's of real people worldwide who are building their own "Income for Life"=99 http://freedom.ws/helenmoonlight/show_dvd Watch the video until the end - make sure your speakers are on before you click http://www.website.ws/helenmoonlight I am confident that you will be impressed with what you see and hear. http://www.my.ws/helenmoonligh...

Transfer to a New Brokerage (Investment) Account
Hey All, I am in the process of moving all of my accounts from a small private firm to Fidelity. Obviously the small guys don't do on-line anything, so I have been entering stuff for years on my own. How do I go about transferring everything into the new Fidelity accounts since it uses on-line updates without losing my historical data; basically, I don't want my capital gains report to get messed up by using the "Transfer Account" function. Any ideas? -David ...

Automating multiple signatures on new messages in Outlook 2003
I've set up three signatures for three separate accounts, and assigned them to the appropriate accounts. Whenever I click on "NEW" for a new message, it uses the default account and default signature. If I want to change accounts I click "Accounts" and select the account I want, but the default signature stays on the message, and I have to manually delete it and insert the one from the account the message is now using. This seems like a bug, but maybe it's a feature. Any suggestions? Thanks! Are you using Word as the editor? When I click on my account...

Formula which includes new sheets too?
Hi all, I don't know if this is possible, but any suggestions would be much appreciated! I have a spreadsheet with a few sheets, 1 for each site and then a Summary sheet which displays totals. eg. Site 1 shows how much has been fee'd for that site in each month, and the Summary Sheet shows how much has been fee'd for all sites in that month, by using a formula which takes the value's from each sheet. Is there a way of editing the formula so it will automatically include cell H3 for any sheet, including any new sheets added, without me having to amend the formulas? T...