Memory: negative value?

Why I can see a negative values as "In use" of "Storage memory" from Control
Panel/System Properties/Memory?

Max

0
QuantumUniverses

I saw this behaviour in the past on a device which used the flash disk as
the root of the file system, thus it didn't have any RAM used for storage
memory, is it your case?

--
Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded)
l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam

"QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniverses@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Why I can see a negative values as "In use" of "Storage memory" from
> Control
> Panel/System Properties/Memory?
>
> Max

0
Luca
2/8/2010 1:06:55 PM
> I saw this behaviour in the past on a device which used the flash disk as
> the root of the file system, thus it didn't have any RAM used for storage
> memory, is it your case?

Yes, it could be my case. Anyway, how can I determine the total amount of
free RAM?

Max

0
QuantumUniverses
2/8/2010 1:23:47 PM
That is a known issue of CE6 control panel applet.
And you may use GlobalMemoryStatus API to obtain the memory load of a
system.

"QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniverses@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I saw this behaviour in the past on a device which used the flash disk as
>> the root of the file system, thus it didn't have any RAM used for storage
>> memory, is it your case?
>
> Yes, it could be my case. Anyway, how can I determine the total amount of
> free RAM?
>
> Max

0
KMOS

Ignoring 0 values in the series data
How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data and not show these? replace zeros with =NA() Manges -- mangesh_yada ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38003 You can delete the formulas that are producing zero, or replace them with =IF(formula=0,#N/A,formula) Jerry Alison wrote: > How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data a...

Counting Unique Values within a Group
I have a report that lists students by grade and the amount of money donated by that student's family. If the parents are divorced, the student's name is listed twice, once for each parent. I want to count only the unique student record in each grade. DCount is giving me the count for the whole school regardless of what group detail i put it in. How do I count only the unique records within each grouping? Thanks in advance. I would attempt to create a totals query that groups by whatever and counts something. Add this totals query to your report's record source...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

Can you expand/collapse columns based on a reportitem/field values
I have a report that is driven by accounting periods. The columns are 1, 2, 3, Q1, 4, 5, 6, Q2...YTD. Currently when the report opens all that is shown is Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and YTD and the user can expand from there. What I want to happen is, if we are in Q2, I want columns 4,5,6, Q2 to be expanded. So the report should read Q1, 4,5,6, Q2, Q3, Q4, YTD. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Original Stealth, Certainly can. I created the following dataset: SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 1 AS Expr2, 500 AS Expr3 UNION ALL SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 2 AS Expr...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...

SQL to get the lowest unique value from table
Hi I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: eg, <table> ID BID 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 6 2 7 3 8 4 3 is the lowest unique value. I would need to return the ID. Any suggestions? thanks Lee "Lee" <lee@digital-interactive.com> wrote in message news:a981d263-7f22-4b14-8493-014559da8590@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: > eg, > > <table> > > ID BID > 1 1 > 2 1 > 3 1 > 4 2 > 5 2 > 6 2 ...

High memory usage
Hi Group I'm having a problem with a Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop with Vista home basic. .. It has only 1 gig of Memory. Memory use runs about 850-900 all the time with no programs open. I've trimmed "services" and unchecked all but vital stuff in system configuration. Task manager-processes shows just the very basic stuff running. I'm at a loss to understand what this machine is doing with 90% if it's ram with little or nothing running. Any ideas would be appreciated. Bob Hansen "Bob Hansen" <bvb@cox.net> wrote in message news:Juvrn.2199...

valid FirstName value
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? eg.: Himansu Rich Anna Tom .... I don't want junk like this: AA, 0, "Himansu" 'Rich' Any assisatance will be greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening. Thanks, Himansu How about "Gert-Jan"? //Peter "Himansu" <himansu114@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3#lXzwZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? > > eg.: > Himansu > Rich ...

how to free the excrescent memory
hello , i have a question . when my program startup, i find it use much memory (>8M), i minimize the window of my program ,it use less memory( <1M ) , later on , i restore the window ,the memory will increase to 2M . what's the reason ? sometimes ,i create a new window ,the memory will increase ,but it will not decrease , i had destroy the window and had used "delete this " . how can i free the excrescent memory by Windows interface ? not minimize it .. thanks a lot . enlone Hi, you should not use delete for destroy window objects. Read the article in the following ...

Why does catagorizing "negative" expenses not work
I did catagorize the income as a "negative" expense. That's how I did it on Yahoo! but for some reason the amount in that catagory still is the same as it was before I catagorized the income as an expense. I have a bank service charge of $18 and then I get a $18 credit from the bank. But even though I catagorized the credit under the same expense catagory I still have $18 show up for bank service charges in my spending by catagory pie chart. In microsoft.public.money, BJT wrote: >I did catagorize the income as a "negative" expense. That's how I did it ...

Originating Values
I have been workign with GP for a while, but am, not really clear on the difference between Originating Price and Price, Originating Cost and Cost, etc. Can anyone clue me in, I haven't been able to find a good explanation. Thanks Chris I believe this has to do with Multicurrency. 'Originating' is the originating currency. If you are not using Multicurrency the Originating field will be the same as the other field. If your making any changes to the windows using Modifier be careful because these two fields are 'stacked' on top of one another. "Chris Hornun...

adding values of cells
I am trying to use a formula or function that will look at a cells say column A check for a condition, if true, then add the value of another cell that is on the same row to another cell. Yes I know that may be difficult to understand so let me give you an example. A B C D 1 2 dvd 25.23 3 cd 12.25 4 dvd 25.23 5 cd 12.25 6 bat 19.25 ok so what i want to do is look at column A, and look for any cells that have dvd and add the corresponding value from column D to cell B1. So in this case we can see the cell A2 and cell A4 is dvd so I want to add cells D2 and D4 and that...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

Sorting Alpha-Numeric Values
I would like to sort data that have aplha numeric values. When I use the sort command, the numbers wind up getting sorted by place values instead of the actual value of the number, kind of like alphabeticaly except with numbers instead of letters. For instance, I would like to these numbers sorted like this: 17A 36B 265F 1492C 1609A Instead, Excel sorts them like this: 1492C 1609A 17A 265F 36B It appears that the suffixed alpha characters alter the way the numbers would normally be sorted. Any ideas how I can sort them more logically/numericaly? Thanks! Larry ...

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...

Memory Dump
Hi All WindowsXP Gurus, I am now learning to read mini dump, is there any ebooks or microsoft resources that i can read to learn up how to analyze a mini dump? I only manage to open a mini dump but the content of !analyze -v looks too alien ^.^ -- Thanks & Regards Jw Tan ...

Conditional Max value
Hi, i have 2 columns and i'm trying to calculate the conditonal maximum from column one. These are the columns : 47 7 44 7 71 7 58 7 214 4 22 4 54 7 1 7 45 7 21 7 and i try to find a formula that gives the maximum in column one, where column 2 has value 7 in this case this would be 58 Marc Marc, Use the following array formula: =MAX(IF(B1:B10=7,A1:A10,FALSE)) Change the range references to match your data. This is an array formula, so you must press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER when you first enter the for...

Automatic display positive or negative
Dear All, pls help me. when I type $ 52.00 on C1, I want C1 display positive $52 or negative ($ 52) , if B1 is positive or negative, I want the entire column C. Exemple : C1 : I type $52, it display for me $52 , because B1 is positive C2 : I type $52, it display for me ($52) , because B2 is negative B C B1 5 $52 B2 (3) ($52) It is possible ? Thank you for your help. This can only be done with VBA and the code below will do it for you. To use the code, open the workbook and go to the sheet you want this to work on and then: Right-click o...

Memory for rendering a report page
Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? If so, is it possible to increase the default? Type a question (i.e., Access specifications) on help filed of access window. -- HTP Adnan If I have helped and/or answered your question, please let me know by replying or clicking question answered (below positioned ‘Yes’ button). "anthony" wrote: > Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? > If so, is it possible to increase the default? > anthony wrote: >Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a r...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

Repeat values in column A a certain number of times depending on the value in column B
Imagine a set of data as set out below: Column A Column B Apples 24 Pears 36 Oranges 8 I want to poplulate a column (for exampel column A on a new sheet), where the values in column A will be repeated as many times as the value in column B Thus the first 24 rows will say Apples, the next 36 rows will Pears, Oranges. I need a formula that recogonizes that when it gets to row 25 that it should no longer need to copy Apples, but then switch to pears. This might sound like an unusual request but if I can grasp a way to do this I can create the table I need and populate the rest...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

a2=a1-32 how do i hide -32 until I have a value in a4
the box a2 contains the formula =a1-32. how can i get rid of -32 that is shown in all the boxes the formula applies to a2 down to k2 thanx I think you have columns and rows mixed up. You cannot have A2 "down to" K2 Across...........yes............down..........no. My best guess to enter in A2 =IF(A1="","",A1-32) Copy across to K2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:13:02 -0700, jackdaw999 <jackdaw999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >the box a2 contains the formula =a1-32. how can i get rid of -32 that is >shown in all the b...

HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES
HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES? Without shouting (i.e., using ALL CAPS), please explain what you mean by "add non-numeric values". Addition normally requires that values be numeric. In article <4DB070A2-B74F-44EA-8FDF-A49C20AE691A@microsoft.com>, DUKE <DUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HOW DO I ADD NON-NUMERIC VALUES? Can you give examples of the "non-numeric values"? (btw, we avoid typing in all capitals in the newsgroups.....it indicates shouting) -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "DUKE...