HDD unable to format in Storage Manager

Hi

I am using wince 6.0 platform builder to mount hard disk. I am able to
mount hard disk, but I could not  format the drive,
Also i could not see the content of the HDD when i tried with an
already formated disk. whenever I Click the storage manager ->
Dismount->Format, it shows message box "Unable to format store".

I have attached my platform registry settings

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Instance\genericide]
"Prefix"="IDE"
"Dll"="atapi.dll"
"IoBase"=multi_sz:"1f0", "3f4"
"IoLen"=multi_sz:"8", "4"

"Order"=dword:06
"Class"=dword:01
"SubClass"=dword:01
"ProgIF"=dword:80
;"DeviceID"=dword:27C0
;"VendorID"=dword:8086
"ConfigEntry"="GenericConfig"
"Legacy"=dword:01
"Irq"=dword:0E
"SysIntr"=dword:00
"DMAAlignment"=dword:04
"SoftResetTimeout"=dword:03
;  "IsrDll"=""
;  "IsrHandler"=""
"StatusPollCycles"=dword:100
"StatusPollsPerCycle"=dword:20
"StatusPollCyclePause"=dword:05

"RegisterStride"=dword:01
"SpawnFunction"="CreatePCIHD"
"Disable48BitLBA"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Instance\genericide\Device0]
  "IClass"=multi_sz:"{A4E7EDDA-E575-4252-9D6B-4195D48BB865}"
 "Prefix"="DSK"
  "Dll"="atapi.dll"
 "InterruptDriven"=dword:01
 "DMA"=dword:02
  "DoubleBufferSize"=dword:10000
 "DrqDataBlockSize"=dword:0
  "WriteCache"=dword:01
  "LookAhead"=dword:01
   "DeviceId"=dword:00
   "TransferMode"=dword:FF

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile]
"Name"="IDE Hard Disk Drive"
"Folder"="Hard Disk"
"AutoMount"=dword:1
"AutoPart"=dword:0
"AutoFormat"=dword:0
"MountFlags"=dword:0
"DefaultFileSystem"="fatfsd.dll"
"PartitionDriver"="mspart.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile
\PartitionTable]
"01"="FATFS"
"04"="FATFS"
"06"="FATFS"

Anyone please advise me.

Regards
Venkatesak
0
venki

Do you include the FAT (SYSGEN_FATFS) in your system?
And you can have a debug build so it will give it more useful error message
in debug output.

"venki" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using wince 6.0 platform builder to mount hard disk. I am able to
> mount hard disk, but I could not  format the drive,
> Also i could not see the content of the HDD when i tried with an
> already formated disk. whenever I Click the storage manager ->
> Dismount->Format, it shows message box "Unable to format store".
>
> I have attached my platform registry settings
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Instance\genericide]
> "Prefix"="IDE"
> "Dll"="atapi.dll"
> "IoBase"=multi_sz:"1f0", "3f4"
> "IoLen"=multi_sz:"8", "4"
>
> "Order"=dword:06
> "Class"=dword:01
> "SubClass"=dword:01
> "ProgIF"=dword:80
> ;"DeviceID"=dword:27C0
> ;"VendorID"=dword:8086
> "ConfigEntry"="GenericConfig"
> "Legacy"=dword:01
> "Irq"=dword:0E
> "SysIntr"=dword:00
> "DMAAlignment"=dword:04
> "SoftResetTimeout"=dword:03
> ;  "IsrDll"=""
> ;  "IsrHandler"=""
> "StatusPollCycles"=dword:100
> "StatusPollsPerCycle"=dword:20
> "StatusPollCyclePause"=dword:05
>
> "RegisterStride"=dword:01
> "SpawnFunction"="CreatePCIHD"
> "Disable48BitLBA"=dword:0
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Instance\genericide\Device0]
>   "IClass"=multi_sz:"{A4E7EDDA-E575-4252-9D6B-4195D48BB865}"
>  "Prefix"="DSK"
>   "Dll"="atapi.dll"
>  "InterruptDriven"=dword:01
>  "DMA"=dword:02
>   "DoubleBufferSize"=dword:10000
>  "DrqDataBlockSize"=dword:0
>   "WriteCache"=dword:01
>   "LookAhead"=dword:01
>    "DeviceId"=dword:00
>    "TransferMode"=dword:FF
>

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile]
> "Name"="IDE Hard Disk Drive"
> "Folder"="Hard Disk"
> "AutoMount"=dword:1
> "AutoPart"=dword:0
> "AutoFormat"=dword:0
> "MountFlags"=dword:0
> "DefaultFileSystem"="fatfsd.dll"
> "PartitionDriver"="mspart.dll"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile
> \PartitionTable]
> "01"="FATFS"
> "04"="FATFS"
> "06"="FATFS"
>
> Anyone please advise me.
>
> Regards
> Venkatesak
> .

Conditional format #12
Hi. I am trying to set a conditional format. If NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())> 3 I would like the cell to format with red shading. How do is set the formula in the condtional statement? I tried ="NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())>3" , but this doesn't seem to work. Thanks, Mike. Hi Mike! It doesn't work because the NETWORKDAYS function is in another workbook (the Analysis ToolPak add-in). You can use a workaround by putting your condition in a separate cell (eg B1) and then referring to that cell: B1 =NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY()) Then your conditional format for A1 becomes:...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Unable to display or delete a folder
Hello, I have OL 2002 with the XP Home OS. I had a Contacts sub-folder which I just used for information. I forget now just what went wrong, but I could no longer access any of the Contacts in that sub-folder. (The default Contacts folder was working fine.) Since the sub-folder was not really critical I thought I would just delete it. That seemed to go fine and the sub-folder went to the Delete folder. However, after that I could not only delete that sub-folder from the Delete file but I can't use the "Empty 'deleted items' folder" command to delete files more recently s...

formating color
hi i have a formating question. i have cells with number choices i them. for example the cell looks like this. 100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455 now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh the one that was chosen. but it will not let me. is there a way i ca do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus parts of it. thank you in advanc -- RAPPE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

Outlook 2003B2TR
I cannot get at the messages stored in one of my e-mail folders. It's called "Personal" When I click on the folder in the "All Mail Folders" view, the message area goes grey with a heading nof "Unable to disply the folder". The toolbars and normal mail options go away, too. There are sub-folders to Personal folder, and I could move the sub-folders to a different location. They and the messages in them are fine. When I right-click on Personal and go to the Property tab, it looks to me like all of the other mail folders. When I toggled "Show number of...

Unable to restore data from previous year
This seems to me as a bug in DPM 2007 but maybe I'm wrong. Today I discovered that when trying to restore with the DPM UI, I'm unable to select a date before January 1st 2010. We've only recently set up DPM so we have no recovery points for January 2009. When I try to select the year 2009, the month box stays at January and the year goes back to 2010 (because DPM wasn't operational in January 2009). When I try to select the month December, the Year box stays at 2010 and the month box jumps back to January! The arrows also don't do a thing. For now, the mo...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Unable to sign into https:
When attempting to sign on to a https:/ website utilizing Windows Internet Explorer 8 the site "blinks" and will not open. What is causing this? I am able to sign on to the site utilizing Foxfire. ...

Crystal Reports XI password storage
In earlier versions of Crystal Reports, the user id and password to access the GP tables were able to be stored in the connection properties so that they did not have to be entered when refreshing a report. I can store the used id, but I have not been able to find a way to store the password in Crystal Reports XI. Does anyone know if this is still possible and how it can be done? Thanks. How Early? I have been using Crystal since V4 and don't remember that. However, You can set up a trusted group and use that trusted relationship when creating your reports. In this manner, y...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Conditional Format #20
I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is there any way to do this. Kevin Try this free add-in on Bob Phillips' website: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html Another possibility (albeit limited) is to combine your conditional formats with custom formatting. See J.E. McGimpsey's site for an example: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is >there any way to do this. > >Kev...

missing Business Contact Manager
My Office Professional Edition 2003 arrived from Microsoft. I installed the complete program. The Business Contact Manager menu does not appear. I thought that the Outlook 2003 in the Professional Edition has Business Contact Manager. Is it not supposed to? shlomoved@yahoo.com If you have Exchange service in your profile, the BCM will be unavailable. If you do not, did you install Outlook first and then the BCM from disk 2? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <an...

Unable to install Analytics accelerator cube
I'm encountering trouble trying to install the SQL Analysis cube for the Analytics accelerator. I'm following the steps in the "SSAS2005SimpleCubeDeploymentGuide.doc" document. On step #3 the guide says to right-click on the CRM AF Base project and click "Deploy". Each time I do that, my result is a series of errors displayed in Visual Studio. The first error (that I'm guessing leads into the following errors) states: "Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key cannot be found: Table: dbo_FilteredOpportunityCompetitors, Column: competitori...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...

PDF format pagination
I have several reports utilizing Landscape layout. I followed the Report Writers Guide from the SDK with the Width at 11 and Height 8.25 or smaller. However, when I export it to the PDF format, the layout shows up Portrait. How could I change this? The export is fine in Excel with the correct margin setup. Thanks. ...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Conditional formatting formula with multiple criteria
Hi all, Have been puzzling over this for a while now, and can't get it right! Using conditional formatting, I want to: If any of the cells in Column B are blank, and the cells in Column C are blank, and the date in Column D is less than todays date - 3 days, turn the cell bold and red Can someone please help? I have tried all different variations and just can't get it! Thanks, Kirstie Kirstie Your questions sound like you wish to pick up whether there is a blank ANYWHERE in column B AND (not or) ALL cells in column C are blank AND that the date in a single cell in colum...

Export to comma-delimited format doesn't seem to work
I apologize for the elementary question. I have an Excel spreadsheet which is simply a list of email addresses. I want to export them to a format allowing me to paste them into the "To" field of an email. (In case you're concerned, this is not unsolicited bulk commercial email). I've been able to export them to a .csv format, but it doesn't seem to have the commas, which confuses me and my email software. Any help will be much appreciated. -- Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com Free Articles on the Business of Web Development Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form...

Managing Calender's across Multiple Accounts
The CEO of my organization is actually the CEO of several companies, and as such, required several separate e-mail addresses(3). He also travels a lot and makes use of his Aircard to access the company network remotely with his laptop. So, I created an outlook profile for him on his laptop with all 3 Exchange accounts attached to it (on the same profile), but the network traffic was too much for the aircard to handle. So, I seperated them into 3 seperate Outlook profiles, and he needs to choose which to connect to when he logs in. This seems to work out well for him for the most part, wh...

Formating, paragraph marks, boxes etc, how do I get rid of them?
One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them? Josh: In Word, paragraph marks can be turned on/off by clicking the paragraph icon (looks like a capital P but with two, vertical strokes instead of one). I just finished wandering through Excel 2000 looking for the same icon and the only mention of the paragraph mark is related to object linking and embedding. I've also done a lot of forms in Excel and don't remember ever running into paragraph marks. Are you using OLE in the spreadsheet...

Unable to export outlook express 6 messages
Trying to export outlook express 6 message to another system. When exporting the messages I get the following error "The export could not be performed An error occurred while initializing MAPI". Choose Profile option does not appear, only error. I tried to copy these messages to a temp file and then import them on the new system, but not all the messages/folders show up in the import selection menu after selecting "Import Mail for an OE6 Store Directory" Any Ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is fami...