Audio hardware support under Windows CE 6.00

Hi all,
For a new development, I have to create a board which should be able to
produce two different audio streams on two outputs.
For the hardware side, there is no problem for me, I can duplicate the
audio codecs. But it is possible to manage two audio outputs playing two
different audio streams with Windows CE 6.00?

I have take a look at Windows CE audio driver model, it's not so simple!
There are 3 differents driver model:
* Unified Audio Model
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa919655.aspx)
* Audio MDD/PDD (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa931095.aspx)
* Wavedev2 Audio Model
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa909574.aspx)

After reading MSDN, it seems that the UAM isn't possible because it can
only manage one audio output.
I think I have to create a Wavedev2 driver, is this the right way to
achieve this?
Any other suggestion?

Best regards

Fabrice
0
Fabrice

Yes wavedev2 framework can suit your needs. Apart MSDN documentation I
suggest you to read the following posts from 'windows ce multimedia blog':

http://blogs.msdn.com/medmedia/archive/2007/01/16/multichannel-audio-in-windows-ce.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/medmedia/archive/2007/09/19/wavedev2-porting-guide.aspx

--
Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded)
l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam

"Fabrice MOUSSET" <fabrice.mousset@laposte.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi all,
> For a new development, I have to create a board which should be able to
> produce two different audio streams on two outputs.
> For the hardware side, there is no problem for me, I can duplicate the
> audio codecs. But it is possible to manage two audio outputs playing two
> different audio streams with Windows CE 6.00?
>
> I have take a look at Windows CE audio driver model, it's not so simple!
> There are 3 differents driver model:
> * Unified Audio Model
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa919655.aspx)
> * Audio MDD/PDD (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa931095.aspx)
> * Wavedev2 Audio Model
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa909574.aspx)
>
> After reading MSDN, it seems that the UAM isn't possible because it can
> only manage one audio output.
> I think I have to create a Wavedev2 driver, is this the right way to
> achieve this?
> Any other suggestion?
>
> Best regards
>
> Fabrice

0
Luca

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Multi-language support question
We have an MFC application that uses ADO, ATL components to communicate with a SQL Server 2000 database. Our application is currently English only and we are making the conversion to support multiple languages. The text in the application is read in from a table so translating the text itself won't be a big deal programmatically. The text is loaded at log in and we can just autoswitch to the appropriate data based upon who the user is. My concerns are with different character sets, how the different languages impact the OS (how we set the character set in the OS automatically)...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

How to detect if hardware is Wake-on-LAN able ? network card or BIOS feature?
Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find out if the hardware supports Wake-on-lan? Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the network card? Camille bios "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b436c68$0$6730$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find > out if the hardware > supports Wake-on-lan? > > Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the > netw...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Converting Adobe PageMaker 6.5 files
Does anyone know if you can convert Adobe PageMaker version 6.5 files so that I can use MS Publisher 2007 to edit these files? I suspect the only way is the copy/paste solution. If you don't have PageMaker, maybe Adobe has help. There is a forum here that might have a solution: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460491;jsessionid=39FEE1914BD4E0C9DF28733ADF71F413.node0?tstart=0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SmithinSA" <SmithinSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CCB0500-7E15-4EDC-BC04-775B41F13D8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can ...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

Client Support Module / add-in for CRM 3.0?
We are a software company, and we just implemented CRM 3.0 for the sales staff. We are still using Lotus Notes for our support staff, and were curious if there is a module that we could get for CRM to be able to handle the Support staff as well? This would need to be able to handle creating support tickets, allowing for updating, and cut and paste of screen shots. If anyone is familiar with something in this line, please let me know... I would love to decommission Lotus Notes in the very near future. Thanks ...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

How to wireless sync WinMobile 6 with Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to sync WM phone with outlook, calendar, notes and tasks? I don't have an Exchange account, and would prefer not to use google calendar sync. (Running Vista Home Premium) My laptop calendar is always avail to my family and it would be great if the events I add to my phone calendar would automatically sync to the laptop at home. Thanks! Instal Active Sync on your PC http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-synch.mspx "slw7228" <slw7228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF461EB-9CC2-49B5-A933-A94F1A2DB07A@micro...

How do I STOP outlook from opening a New Explorer window on every
When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them I agree with Ken. Is there a way to do right click on a link and select "Copy Shortcut" instead of clicking the link to open a new window? Thanks, Ruf Ken in AB <Ken in AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer > Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? > > This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them In IE, click Tools>Internet Optio...

InterlockedCompareExchange64 under VC++ 6.0: in-line assembly using cmpxchg8b ??
I am trying to implement an atomic compare-and-exchange of a "double" type, under VC++ 6.0 for WinXP. The Windows API function of InterlockedCompareExchange64 is not available for WinXP (it's only available for Vista, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dllproc/base/interlockedcompareexchange64.asp ) .. There is a compiler intrinsic function of _InterlockedCompareExchange64 (see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ttk2z1ws(VS.80).aspx ), but this intrinsic seems to be available only for more recent versions of VC++ (such as VC++ 2005), and it's not available as...

Cannot access help and support in Vista
'When I clikck on help and support I get an error message that says help and support was not able to start' Any suggestions please? -- AuntDi Not sure about Vista but I used a script file that fixed this in my XP pro. If you want to try it do a search for fixwinxphelp.vbs Hopefully you can find it, since I don't remember where I downloaded it. Good luck. AuntDi1947 wrote: > 'When I clikck on help and support I get an error message that says help and > support was not able to start' Any suggestions please? And what was the name of THIS news...

Project accounting #6
Hi, I usually use only General ledger. Somebody using Payable asked about "project accounting." I tried to find it from GP help file, but it does not say how to start. Should the "project accounting' module be installed separately? Thanks, Jen Jen: Project Accounting is a module that is purchased separately. That being said, it's possible you own it and it has not been registered. It depends on how the system was setup at installation. GP Project Accounting is a rather complex module. What's the nature of your project accounting needs? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP,...

Reminders Window Does Not Show Tasks
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 for a while and all has been well. I just synchronized with my Palm and all of my Tasks are still in the folder and I can interact with them fine, but they do not show up in the reminders window. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the "backup" tasks folder that PocketMirror creates. In any case, I do not have HotSync or any Palm or PocketMirror software running on my computer now. The issue is with Outlook -- how can I get the tasks to show in the Reminders Window? Thanks, Tony I removed the Tasks folder created by Po...

WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue
I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows. Now, my CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job. Can I just disable powersave or is there an option for always online? Thank you Tony Lisanti You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer. If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download the documentation @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...

What are the Windows Messages when the user logs in?
Hi, I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are the Windows Messages that will be posted when the user logs in. I had already tried to enumerate the windows messages from my application, but no luck. Is there any unique message that the windows posts to all the applications, when the user logs in. Thanks & Regards, YASH YASH wrote: > Hi, > I had created a hidden window in a windows service, and i need to > do certain activity when any user logs in, but i don't no what are th...

$6 Financial Freedom, 100% Legal (see note)
In this text I will give you all the information you need to get started today and be on your way to financial independence. This is one program that even the most skeptical person would have trouble not trying (and succeeding). I am not going to ask you to send me any compensation for this information. It is yours to use as you desire. In October of 2004, I received an e-mail with all the promises of thousands of dollars in just weeks. I, like most would, thought that it was just a scam to get what little money I had. Yet, I didn't delete it. I remembered two things my father once told m...