XLS files

How do I open XLS messages in windows vista??

Those are Excel files. If you don't have Excel, get the viewer.

To view .xls attachments, you need Excel, or you can download this Excel
viewer.

Excel Viewer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1CD6ACF9-CE06-4E1C-8DCF-F33F669DBC3A&displaylang=en

"Mohawk" <Mohawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I open XLS messages in windows vista??

0
Bruce
7/24/2010 4:23:10 PM
I think you mean, how do you open an XLS attachment received via email.

The best way is to save the attachment, then double-click on the saved file,
which should open that file in Excel. If you don't have Excel, get the free viewer:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1cd6acf9-ce06-4e1c-8dcf-f33f669dbc3a&DisplayLang=en

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Mohawk"  wrote in message news:17F62579-BB25-4296-BD63-444451646FCB@microsoft.com...

How do I open XLS messages in windows vista??

0
Gary

unicode file
hi how can now if the file is unicode or ansi and if is ansi how can i convert it to unicode thanks According to Microsoft all Unicode text files should have a Byte Order Marker (BOM) at the start of the file that is ignored by applications, but gives them a way to use the file. ANSI files do not have a BOM so that becomes the default: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms776429(VS.85).aspx I typically read the first three bytes (a UTF-8 BOM is three bytes) and check the file type. There are applications, like Notepad, that use the IsTextUnicode() function to try to "gues...

Convert excel printout into electronic file
I've been asked to convert 130 pages of excel printout (roughly 3,800 lines with 8 columns per line) into an electronic excel file! What is the best way to get a scanned document ito excel format so that each cell is represented in the same way as the printouts? thank you so much for any help on this! -- rubaiyat543 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rubaiyat543's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29815 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495194 You will need some OCR sof...

Closing Archive files upon Exiting Outlook
I would like to close all attached PSTs (particularly archive) from Outlook upon shutdown. In effect, when the user again launches Outlook, he/she must manually attach their archive folder. Is there a way to do this? Would prefer using group policy or putting this in the Office transforms. The reason is the psts are located over a WAN and would like to limit the hit on the network. How would that limit the "hit"? Note that psts over a lan/wan are not supported by Microsoft. On 12 Apr 2005 09:20:18 -0700, rambogjohn@netscape.net wrote: >I would like to close all attached P...

Embedded File Opening upon opneing spreadsheet
I have embedded files within my spreadsheet, and the if I change worksheets and then go back to the worksheet with the embedded files then all the embedded files open automatically. Is there an option somewhere that is causing this to happen? ...

missing MSOE.DLL file
Help! My husband erased some items on the computer and Outlook cannot be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Where can I download this file? Have you tried the Detect/Repair option in Outlook? mdh "Trex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9601c3b2af$cd22d9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Help! My husband erased some items on the computer and > Outlook cannot be started because MSOE.DLL could not be > loaded. > > Where can I download this file? ...

wmf files not printing properly from mac office applications
Hi All, Our office recently made the switch to Macs. We're now tasked with brining in a lot of material developed on PC and updating it. We're running into issues with files that have wmfs embedded. They look fine on screen, but a lot of weird lines appear when printed. We've tried printing to different printers (laser jet and ink jet), no difference. Png files might work out okay in some cases, but due to the sheer volume of material we have to work on, it's just not very practical. To make matters worse, when I try to reopen the files on a PC after they've been sav...

Visio 2003 very Sloooow to load (several minutes) with Large Files, Why???
Subject picked from Alerton tech forum. Does Visio start to max out PC resources based on number of pages in drawing? Do any Visio gurus have an answer to this issue?? See following comments: OK, My turn to bring up Visio 2003.... I do have it working, but it is VERY slow compared to Visio 2002. Anyone else having that problem? Or figured out how to speed it up? (By slow I mean it can take almost 4 minutes to open a large file, like Visio 2000 was). PC processor is pegged at 100% in task manager (XP Pro) Yes it is slooooooow!!! Try the following link and add this FREE application to V...

.Wav files have no sound???
I have Windows 7 Pro (64bit) with WMP12. When I try to listen to any .wav file there is no sound. Every other format works and I can hear the content through the speakers. So I tried installing Quicktime to play the .wav file and what do you know, same problem, it plays but there is no sound. Any ideas??? ...

pst files not reconnecting
I use Outlook at home via a VPN and when I get to work I need to restart the server in order to reconnect to my pst files. How do I fix this? If I understand you correctly, you are accessing a PST file that is stored on your server, remotely via VPN? Note that this is pretty much guaranteed to cause some problems (although I'd suspect more with data corruption in the PST than anything else). MS does not recommend accessing PST files from network drives - and a network drive mapped over a VPN connection is going to have even more serious potential for problems. Re restarting the server...

Temp file folder?
I'm using xp and OE6 I d/l'd aWHOLE bunch of encoded mp3files. During the compile and decode process my pc crashed. I suspect I have a WHOLE bunch of temp files somewhere. that I want to clean up. Any idea as to their location? Regards, Lawrence L Mossford <lmossford1@shaw.ca> wrote: > I'm using xp and OE6 Wrong newsgroup. > I d/l'd aWHOLE bunch of encoded mp3files. During the compile and > decode process my pc crashed. I suspect I have a WHOLE bunch of temp > files somewhere. that I want to clean up. Temporary Internet Files, perhaps? -- Brian...

Damaged xlsx file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I was working on a important file. After saving this file, I can no longer open it since I get a message that the file is damaged or corrupted. Can you please do something I can open this. Otherwise I have to redo the work. <br><br>Shizue Davis Sadly, the error message says it all: the file is gone. Replace it from your backup (TimeMachine...) Cheers On 6/04/10 6:31 AM, in article 59bb686f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "shizuedavis@officeformac.com" <shizuedavis@officeformac.com...

Export money-file to other computer
I have problems with MS Money on my desktop computer and I simply want to move/export my money file to my laptop, but that seems to be impossible. That seems to be impossible, at least Money on the laptop refuses to read the file. /Peter, Stockholm, Sweden In microsoft.public.money, Peter Fowelin wrote: >I have problems with MS Money on my desktop computer and I simply want to >move/export my money file to my laptop, but that seems to be impossible. That >seems to be impossible, at least Money on the laptop refuses to read the >file. What error message? Incompatible ver...

Can't add file to VC7 project
I'm sure this is a very idiotic question, but I can't seem to add file.h and file.cpp to my project.. -Both files are in the same folder with the other project files. -I did a File/add existing item/ then picked the files from the dialog. -Clicked open. But then Solution Explorer did not show the files??? (It does work OK on another computer with same software.) Why might this be??? Thanks, E-Jo Hello Everett, > I'm sure this is a very idiotic question, but I can't seem to > add file.h and file.cpp to my project.. > -Both files are in the same folder with the ...

There's no "read only" popup for files already open
I hope this is the correct place to post this message. Any help would be really appreciated. I have multiple .xls files shared on a Windows 2003 Server machine. The "this file is read only" popup doesn't appear when a user opens a file already open by another user. The user has no idea the file is already open until they try to save, and then it says "you can save this locally...." How can I make this functionality available? Thanks. -lp ...

How to convert an Excel file to CSV File
IS there anyway to convert an excel file into comma delimited file - I used the Save as and CSV file format, but that didnt help much. Any other options/ways we can do this. Thanks, Damu "Damu"... > IS there anyway to convert an excel file into comma delimited file - I > used the Save as and CSV file format, but that didnt help much. hi Damu, Worksforme, what did it do instead for you. If you view it in Excel it is going to look like nothing changed. View the created .csv file with Notepad such as right click on the file from Explorer (File Manager) and View with No...

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel 2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking them. On Apr 21, 2:06=A0pm, June <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Ex= cel > 2003. =A0Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without br= eaking > them. After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls" with ".xlms" Hope this helps, Chris M. It's not clear what you'v...

Importing CSV files #3
Normally when you click on a csv file excel opens it witout problem. However I have one user who when they click on the csv file finds that it open in an unformatted state. In order to open the file properly she has to go through the import process and place a tick in the comma section. When this is done all the data is formatted correctly. I am able to open this file without problem on my machine. In order to try and fix this I uninstalled and reinstalled office. I also tried doing it under another profile on the same machine to see if it was a profile problem. It also failed. ...

Windows Vista File Backup / Restore
Can anyone help. I've had a drive partition fail and, after a couple of days work (and a new drive), need to restore ALL the files from the original partition from my backup(s). I'm not clear how I do this... I assume Vista does Incremental Backups between Full Backups...? In which case I need to restore my (most recent) Full Backup followed by my Last Backup? Only problem is, I cant see, from the Vista Restore utility, which was my most recent Full Backup! Help. Thanks Mark ...

Getting 2nd page of a .PDF file
I have a .pdf file that has 2 pages....I can get the first page using the Insert Object and selecting the Adobe file....It always gives me only the first page... thanks dave Delete the first page of the PDF after you insert it. You cannot reverse this action in Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dave schurr" <daveschurr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B75E6C-913B-417D-99E8-28CE823EDA42@microsoft.com... >I have a .pdf file that has 2 pages....I can get the first page u...

Excel CSV files
Why when I open up an existing CSv file does it lose all its formatting. Why, when some cells are formatted as text do thay convert to general when the file is opened If you open a .csv file in Notepad you will see that it has no format. As it's name implies, it is Values, Seperated by Commas. Chris Wrote: > Why when I open up an existing CSv file does it lose all its formatting. > Why, > when some cells are formatted as text do thay convert to general when > the > file is opened -- Bryan Hessey ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

file extensions .msg
I have received several messageswith attachments with a files extension of .msg and can not open them. How do you open these attachments. I understand that if you save them you can change the extension and open them in another program, but i have not been able to do this. Outlook can open them - if you're using Outlook Express, you won't be able to see them. Ask the sender to put the message in the body of the message, not send it as an attachment. Bob wrote: > I have received several messageswith attachments with a > files extension of .msg and can not open them. How d...

.how open doc attach in exelspreadsheet xls...
what do I need to open an attachment that is in a spreadsheet xls exel spreadsheet. what do I need to download thanks bjs Joe If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx Excel is not included with Windows OS. It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application. You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or order from MS on line. They will send you a CD. For info on ordering see this website. http://www.microsoft.com/office/...

How to open files type .sxw
I can't open open office files from friends with the .sxw file type. I have Windows 98se and office 97. Is there a stand alone free program that I can down load to open such files. I would guess you'd have to download Open Office. "Ernest" <Ernest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:59FD9EAB-CCED-4C88-8A57-F98402427ED0@microsoft.com... > I can't open open office files from friends with the .sxw file type. I = have=20 > Windows 98se and office 97. Is there a stand alone free program that I = can=20 > down load to open such files. In addit...

Attached Image file
Hi, Previously a user of outlook express, after upgraded to Outlook 2003. Find that the image viewing from outlook attachement very suffering... not like outlook express, i can scroll through all attached image inside my e-mail, but for outlook, i have double-click all the attached image in order to view them... is there a way to make image viewing easier.. pls advice what setting i can set in outlook 2003 or my exhange server 2003 ?? Thanks! No such setting. Outlook does not preview attachments inline intentionally. This is not Outlook Express. -- Russ Vale...

Merging Reg Files
We're setting up an Access 2007 application that requires a ODBC connection as well as having a specific folder added to the Trust Center. I want to export the specific registry entries to a single .reg file and then merge them in. 1) The entries are in two different locations in the registry. Once I've exported them using the EXPORT, is it just a matter of copying and pasting the contents of the two files together? I'd like a single reg file to make it easier to setup. 2) When reg files are merged in, if any entries already exist with the same values, are they ignored...