WMail not sending

Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.

I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
Trend Micro, no change.

My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
works fine sending and receiving.

Any ideas?

After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent Items =
folder?
What happens when you send an email message to yourself?

That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window Mail,
then recreate that account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jimbolewis"  wrote in message =

Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It =
acts
like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people =
just
don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.

I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
Trend Micro, no change.

My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network =
Solutions,
works fine sending and receiving.

Any ideas?=20

0
Gary
9/10/2010 4:13:01 PM
Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried sending an
email to myself and it doesn't work.

I will try your suggestion and will post back.

Thanks.
--
jimbolewis

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent Items folder?
> What happens when you send an email message to yourself?
>
> That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window Mail,
> then recreate that account.

> "jimbolewis"  wrote in message news:1617FBCD-CB33-4C61-BA5E-C750AF71D3F2@microsoft.com...
>
> Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
> like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
> don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
>
> I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
> Trend Micro, no change.
>
> My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
> works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
> works fine sending and receiving.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> .

Thanks for reporting back. Let us know whether deleting and recreating
the account works. Be sure to restart Windows Mail in between, or else
it will resurrect the old account.

Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried =
sending an
email to myself and it doesn't work.

I will try your suggestion and will post back.

Thanks.
--=20
jimbolewis

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent Items =
folder?
> What happens when you send an email message to yourself?
>
> That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window Mail,
> then recreate that account.

> "jimbolewis"  wrote in message =
>
> Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It =
acts
> like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, =
people just
> don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
>
> I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my =
anti-virus,
> Trend Micro, no change.
>
> My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from =
there,
> works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network =
Solutions,
> works fine sending and receiving.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> .
>=20

0
Gary
9/10/2010 5:35:36 PM
I deleted the email account, closed email, re-opened, then recreated account,
still doesn't work?
--
jimbolewis

"jimbolewis" wrote:

> Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried sending an
> email to myself and it doesn't work.
>
> I will try your suggestion and will post back.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> jimbolewis
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent Items folder?
> > What happens when you send an email message to yourself?
> >
> > That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window Mail,
> > then recreate that account.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >
> > "jimbolewis"  wrote in message news:1617FBCD-CB33-4C61-BA5E-C750AF71D3F2@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
> > like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
> > don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
> >
> > I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
> > Trend Micro, no change.
> >
> > My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
> > works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
> > works fine sending and receiving.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > .

I've run out of ideas as to what else you can try in Windows Mail.
About the only thing left is to try a different email program.
I recommend the latest Windows Live Mail beta:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

"jimbolewis" wrote:

> Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried =
sending an
> email to myself and it doesn't work.
>
> I will try your suggestion and will post back.
>
> Thanks.
> --=20
> jimbolewis
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent =
Items folder?
> > What happens when you send an email message to yourself?
> >
> > That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window =
Mail,
> > then recreate that account.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >
> > "jimbolewis"  wrote in message =
> >
> > Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. =
It acts
> > like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, =
people just
> > don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
> >
> > I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my =
anti-virus,
> > Trend Micro, no change.
> >
> > My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from =
there,
> > works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network =
Solutions,
> > works fine sending and receiving.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > .
> >=20

0
Gary
9/11/2010 4:06:29 AM
"jimbolewis" wrote:

> Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
> like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
> don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
>
> I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
> Trend Micro, no change.
>
> My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
> works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
> works fine sending and receiving.
>
> Any ideas?
I just downloaded and changed to Windows Live Mail and I still have the same
problem, I am really stumped. What am I missing?
--
jimbolewis

"jimbolewis" wrote:

> I deleted the email account, closed email, re-opened, then recreated account,
> still doesn't work?
> --
> jimbolewis
>

> "jimbolewis" wrote:
>
> > Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried sending an
> > email to myself and it doesn't work.
> >
> > I will try your suggestion and will post back.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > jimbolewis
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> >
> > > After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent Items folder?
> > > What happens when you send an email message to yourself?
> > >
> > > That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window Mail,
> > > then recreate that account.
> > >
> > > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > >
> > > "jimbolewis"  wrote in message news:1617FBCD-CB33-4C61-BA5E-C750AF71D3F2@microsoft.com...
> > >
> > > Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
> > > like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
> > > don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
> > >
> > > I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
> > > Trend Micro, no change.
> > >
> > > My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
> > > works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
> > > works fine sending and receiving.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > .

Then it's not a problem with the email program. Be sure to uninstall any
third party security software. If either Norton or McAfee antivirus was
ever installed on that computer, their uninstall must be followed up by
running a special clean-up utility"

McAfee:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=3DTS100507

Norton:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039=

Since running without a security program is only advisable for brief =
tests,
I recommend downloading and installing this free program:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

If the problem continues, do you have an alternate SMTP server you can =
try?
You can get a free account from Gmail in order to try its SMTP server.

"jimbolewis" wrote:

> I deleted the email account, closed email, re-opened, then recreated =
account,
> still doesn't work?
> --=20
> jimbolewis
>

> "jimbolewis" wrote:
>
> > Yes, a copy of the email is in the sent items folder. I have tried =
sending an
> > email to myself and it doesn't work.
> >
> > I will try your suggestion and will post back.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --=20
> > jimbolewis
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> >
> > > After you finish sending, is a copy of that message in the Sent =
Items folder?
> > > What happens when you send an email message to yourself?
> > >
> > > That mail account may be corrupted, so delete it, restart Window =
Mail,
> > > then recreate that account.
> > >
> > > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > >
> > > "jimbolewis"  wrote in message =
> > >
> > > Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending =
emails. It acts
> > > like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, =
people just
> > > don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
> > >
> > > I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my =
anti-virus,
> > > Trend Micro, no change.
> > >
> > > My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from =
there,
> > > works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network =
Solutions,
> > > works fine sending and receiving.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > .
> > >=20

0
Gary
9/11/2010 5:27:43 PM
OK, I went back to my IP and went over everything, they have no more
suggestions, I am satisfied it is not the IP's problem.

I went back to a restore point before the last windows update and I still
have the same problem.

Is there an internal file that can become corrupt and cause this?

Still am stumped

--
jimbolewis

"orangecami" wrote:

> "jimbolewis" wrote:
>
> > Two days ago, out of the blue, my Windows Mail quit sending emails. It acts
> > like its sending them, nothing in the outbox, no error messages, people just
> > don't receive my emails. I am receiving emails OK.
> >
> > I called my IP, everything setup properly. I uninstalled my anti-virus,
> > Trend Micro, no change.
> >
> > My IP is Zoomtown, I go to their website, login, send email from there,
> > works fine. I have another email from my website provider, Network Solutions,
> > works fine sending and receiving.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Sending group emails
I have been trying to send a group email of 50 and I cannot find where to click so all 50 email address don't show on each of the emails. I just want only one email to appear and the rest to be hidden. Please can someone help. Thank you "Adele" <Adele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC917291-8BFA-429E-8C23-BBFB8B252B22@microsoft.com... >I have been trying to send a group email of 50 and I cannot find where to > click so all 50 email address don't show on each of the emails. I just > want > only one email to appear and the rest to be ...

Outlook constantly sending messages
My Outlook 2007 has a message permanently at the bottom of the screen saying sending message 1 of 3 or 2 of 4 - why should that be? How many mail accounts do you have setup? It usually means "checking = accounts" 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc. Try turning down your send/receive = interval to 10 or 15 minutes and see if the activity slows down as well. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Trevor asked: | My Outlook 2007 has a message permanently at the bottom of the screen | saying sending mes...

Cannot acccess SEND THIS PAGE AS MESSAGE menu option
Want to send a publisher page as an email message and cannot access the option under the file menu. I see the toolbar option but it won't allow me to select it either. What is prohibiting this feature from being active? Which email program are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5088EFAE-1ACE-4E39-BC5D-2F898EA18F9A@microsoft.com... > Want to send a publisher page as an email message and cannot access the > option under the file menu. I see the toolbar option but it won't all...

Cannot send emails using outlook 2002
I have two email accounts set up in outlook 2002. I can receive emails on both but my emails wont go out. They are returned for "relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first" What do I have to do to fix this? Authenticate. Check your server tab on the Account properties. Set it to authenticate. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J...

Error Sending
I periodically get an error message that states. 553 To send mail, first check your mail with a valid POP account; this prevents unauthorized SPAM relaying. (#5.7.1) It won't send my mail. This only happens every so often. What could be wrong? ...

Sending Email from Access via Lotus Notes
I have a database and I want to be able to send out an email to everyone within the employees table (tblemployees) that has an email address, I have a field called EmailAddress and this has been pre-set as a hyperlilnk using "mailto:". I basically just want to have a command button that will email all employees who have email addresses witin the list every 6 months, I do not want to attach anything but do want some text to show in the body of the email. I am using Access 97 and Lotus Notes 5.0.8. Any help would be very much appeciated. Here are a few Lotus Notes emailing f...

Where are "Send on Behalf" permissions stored
Hello NG, I have the following issue in our organization (E2k3 SP2 / W2k3 SP1) UserA configured delegated access to his mailbox to three persons (UserB, UserC, UserD). He also acitvated the option that meeting requests and answers should only be sent to his delegates. Now one of the delegates' accounts (UserD) is deleted from Active Directory. This account cannot be seen neither in the Outlook delegation settings nor in the delegation settings of the AD account of UserA. but when a meeting request is sent to UserA the sender gets an NDR telling him that UserD cannot be reached becaus...

when trying to send emails outlook says server not recognized
when trying to send emails through Outlook there is an error message that says server not recognized. Has sending ever worked with that account/machine? Have you verified the SMTP (outgoing mail) server name? "Ron O" <Ron O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A31B6388-DE5F-45CA-B23D-A87449234168@microsoft.com... > when trying to send emails through Outlook there is an error message that > says server not recognized. ...

Help
I am running an Exchange 2000 Server and one of thje internal users has sent an email to internal and external recipients. The To address was an email and the CC address was a mixed internal and external distribution group. We also run MCaffee GroupShield for Exchange AV Software. The out queue has hundreds of emails and the internal users mailboxes are filling up PLEASE HELP!! First stage how can I remove this mail so it isn't sent anymore and second whats caused it and how do I prevent it! ...

recurring appoints not sending reminders?
Hi - When I create an appointment in Outlook 2003 and set an appropriate reminder interval, I get a reminder right away. E.g. it's 1PM now, I create an appointment at 2PM, set the reminder for 4 hours, I get the first reminder right away. If I do the exact same thing, but set the appointment as recurring (any recurrence interval - let's say weekly), I do not get the initial reminder *at all*. (I'm not sure if I'll get any reminder next week though). Why should making an appointment recurring affect whether the first reminder gets triggered? That's the only difference bet...

Can send internal and external but not receive internal or externa
All incomming mail goes to the "Directory lookup" queue, then goes to the "waiting to be routed" queue and disappears into the void - actually gets moved to badmail. The same thing happens when using telnet to send a message from myself to myself. Using Win 2003 std server sp1 and Exchange 2003 sp1 Hi, Whats in the Event Log? -- Cesar Gabardo "Herman" wrote: > All incomming mail goes to the "Directory lookup" queue, then goes to the > "waiting to be routed" queue and disappears into the void - actually gets > moved to ba...

automatic send/receive failure
hello, i can't seem to get outlook to either 1) 'send immediately when connected' or 2) 'schedule an automatic send/receive every [1] minutes'. i have tried creating a new send/receive group, but it didn't solve the problem. thanks... No one can even start on this until you post your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type, what you've tried, and what happens. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dyossophene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033d01c3cdc4$64d2b340$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > > i c...

Send Free SMS to India, Receive Free Replies from India! -
Send Free SMS to India, Receive Free Replies from India! - http://cbnk.biz/HLASM308312GNAMAYB ...

"No permission to send to this recipient" error message need assis
"No permission to send to this recipient" I don't get it...yes I was merging some contacts from my personal folders from outlook 97/2000 and found a friend I hadn't spoken with in years, so I sent her an email. Then I get this message. Well I am new to exchange and the sysadmin, but I am lost as to where to look to clear up an issue like this. Any information? Thanks Will In System Managemnt, check the permissions for the SMTP Virtual Machine. I believe you need to allow basic authentication. Hope this helps David "William" <William@discussions.micros...

Can't send e-mails
I can receive e-mails but not send them. Dialogue box states: "Please enter your user name and password for the following server. server: smtp.frontier.com user name: ___________ password: _____________" (I've not filled in user name & password here.) Is this a settings, or hardware (server) problem? Do I fix by changing live mail settings, or call my DSL provider regarding their modem/router? Has this e-mail account ever worked? You can't have an e-mail account without a username and password. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers. Is t...

How do I send a direct email?
Hi everyone I have a marketing list of 225 contacts selected from the main database, and I want to send them each a personalised direct email. I have a template set up for this, but can't figure out how to bring this together with the marketing list to launch the campaign. The instructions I have say that I should see 'Send direct email' in the actions menu, or see an icon on the action bar. I have neither. Help! As far as I remember, direct e-mail is only available in the web client and does not appear in the Outlook client. Also, I think it is only available in a contact ...

I've had one particular user (Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003) who occasionally would get the "Do not have permission" error, even though others in the office could email to the same external address, and all my tests suggested there was nothing "out there" stopping him from sending email to these external recipients. It seems these messages were composed by copying and pasting from another source into Outlook, and then adding an intro and sending the message. I found today that when the clipboard contents are pasted into the new message, at the very bottom of the messag...

How to send consecutive stored procedures and its parameters
Hi Community I have an ASP.NET web project. In this project I am consecutively sending and passing 5 different stored procedures along with a parameter to a receiving method. The first stored procedure (sp1) and its parameter gets processed by the receiving method without a problem but when the second stored procedure (sp2) gets passed with its parameter to the receiving method the receiving method crashes and the program aborts. Below is an example of how I am trying to pass the 5 stored procedures along with its parameter to the receiving method, the lines that it s...

Unable to send mail on telephone line or DSL, but can send on cable modem
I never used to have a problem. Recently I cannot send mail from Outlook if I use a dial up modem or if I am on a DSL modem. I can receive mail OK. I can send mail on a cable modem. All it does is say "Connecting to Server" and the mail does not send. Then I get an error message "The TCI/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.(Account: "Name of My Account', SMTP Server: 'name of my server.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0f). I called the hosting company and they say everything is working and that I have a problem with Outlook 2000. Any ideas wha...

Eliminated errors sending from wrong POP3 email account
I have Outlook 2002 and have a few different POP3 email accounts set up. These accounts are very different in nature and I want to make sure I don't accidentally send an email from the "wrong" account. I've already accidentally sent emails from the default account that should not have been sent from that account. Is there any way to help make sure I don't make future mistakes sending from the wrong account? Possibly setting up a confirmation asking me to verify which account to send the email from before sending. Or any other suggestions to help not make future m...

IE 6 send page... problem
Hi all expert I would like to know why the send page... function in IE is sometime not function with outlook 2k3 In some web page, i can use the Tools -> Mail and news -> send page ... to attach the whole web page, but some web page may simple attached a html file in the email. Anyone know why or know how to solve it? Thanks BT Usually you would use File | Send Page via email. Some pages can't be sent inline so are sent as attachments. What default email format are you using ? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Barry" <barrytsiu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ek3...

Sending emails in Outlook 2003
After clicking on send from the new message box, it only sends the new email to the Outbox and waits for another click of 'send/receive' before sending the email. Is there a way to send it on the first click of 'send/receieve' "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6b5101c3b3b0 $9732ca10$a601280a@phx.gbl: > After clicking on send from the new message box, it only > sends the new email to the Outbox and waits for another > click of 'send/receive' before sending the email. Is > there a way to send it on the first cli...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

cannot send direct email
Hi, Another question - when sending a direct email to a group of contacts using an email template, I choose send and nothing happens. No emails go out and nothing is stored in history. There is no error message. Any help? Can you find out whether the CrmBulkMailService is running on the server. To find out click on Start->Administrative tools->Services. In the services snapin find out whether CrmBulkMailService is started. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...