Windows Mail won't allow me to sign in with correct Usr/pass

I'm having a problem connecting to my windows mail. I have it set up throught
my wow account but today i had to reset my password so that i could check my
email. now it will now allow me to log in i keep getting this error message

The rejected e-mail address was 'demib@wowway.com '. Subject 'Fw: FW: Great
animal photographs.....new ones worth the look!', Account:
'pop3.mail.wowway.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.wowway.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

PLEASE HELP!!

You have entered a syntactically invalid recipient address. Remove=20
the trailing space from 'demib@wowway.com '

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"sslominski" <sslominski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I'm having a problem connecting to my windows mail. I have it set up =
throught=20
> my wow account but today i had to reset my password so that i could =
check my=20
> email. now it will now allow me to log in i keep getting this error =
message
>=20
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be =

> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this=20
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>=20
> The rejected e-mail address was 'demib@wowway.com '. Subject 'Fw: FW: =
Great=20
> animal photographs.....new ones worth the look!', Account:=20
> 'pop3.mail.wowway.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.wowway.com', Protocol: =
SMTP,=20
> Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, =
Secure(SSL): No,=20
> Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
>=20
>=20
>=20
> PLEASE HELP!!
0
Gary

renaming windows server running exchange 2007
Hello all I have a small exchange environment runing a mix of ex2k3 and ex2k7 (one server each). I need to rename the ex2k7 machine. I was thinking of just doing it normally through control panel as you one would change any windows machine's name. Will this cause any problems with ex2k7 or even the ex2k3 server? or do i need to install another ex2k7 server, transfer stuff over and all those crazy things? Many thanks for your help. Yes, crazy things are in your future. You cannot rename a server that is running Exchange. You will need to install a second E2K7 server, move the ...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

passing textbox control to vb ocx
Hello all I am using the vbAccelerator Explorer Bar ocx in mfc app. the controls is working very fine, but when I tried to use the feature of passing another activeX control IDISPATCH pointer to the Explorer Bar ocx it always returns "Type Mismatch" exception. The code is working great from vb applications, but inside mfc it fails any ideas how to pass a text box control to the vb ocx? prompt replies will be so much appreciated > Hello all > I am using the vbAccelerator Explorer Bar ocx in mfc app. > the controls is working very fine, but when I tried to use the feature...

Can I have both Word & Excel windows VISIBLE simultaneously?
Similar to "Arrange All" within Word, I'd like to be able to see onscreen simultaneously both the Excel file with my verbal data and the Word file in which I'm trying to invent categories under which to classify those data. Switching back and forth between the programs strains my memory of the Excel data, which can be several sentences for just one cell. That also precludes printing out the data and referring to the paper copy while using Word. Using paper to replace the Word file while using Excel is my default option, but is less flexible than I'd pre...

Help Printing RTF without windows Theme background.
I'm writing an application that prints out the contents of an RTF file. Problem is, if (at least in Vista), you go to the Personalize Desktop dialog and change the Window Color and Appearance to High Contract Black (through "Open classic appearance properties for more color options"), it causes the background color of my printouts to be black too! Is this by design? I want my printouts to be black text on white paper regardless of what I set my monitor and GUI to. I've reproduced this using MS Sample application WordPad in VS2005 found here: http://msdn2.microsoft.c...

Get help with Mail
In the Help folder should I get help with Get help with Mail. But the web address seems not to be correct. Is there anybody who knows how I can get back the help function? It's broken at the moment. There's a lot going on involving lots of different teams, and co-ordination between them is not exactly 100%. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the 'help folder', but to access the help that's available (for what it's worth), go to http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=wl_mailv3 You could also try http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=15 ...

Size of mail to download
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. I want to tell Outlook to not download mail from the server if it is over a certain size. How do I do that? I've looked at rules and can't figure it out. Thanks! -- ------------------------------------------ Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. I want to tell Outlook to not > download mail from the server if it is over a certain size. How do I > do that? I've looked at rules and can't figure it out. Outlook has no rules that ...

Windows 7 leaves a lot to be desired
I could not find a Windows 7 group, so I chose General Discussion I am a very satisfied Vista user with two new Win 7 machines. I believe that with the advertising campaign "Simpler" Microsoft is leading the world on a merry chase. My complaints have to do with music, WMP12, and Windows Explorer. In Explorer, when I went to my music library, I could not see album art files. I was told that these files were hidden and to just change the configuration to show hidden files. I did that and while some of them show, many do not. My other complaints have to do with tag...

Integrating Windows Application with CRM
Hi I have a little windows client application which I would like to integrate with CRM. What I need to be able to do is to read the value in the field on CRM and use within my windows app. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I don't want to use a button on CRM as the record may not have been saved when this needs to be used so I what my third party app to be able to access the active field on the CRM page Thanks Julian ...

Windows mail gremlins
I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does anyone know how I can fix both of these issues? In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there are the folders. I have no idea what you mean when you say your mailboxes are in the left pane. As to the folders, check: View->Layout->Folder List Expat;1634506 Wrote: > I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand m...

How to keep mail from being opened
For security I reasons I would like to delete incoming mail without having to open it first. As my Outlook express is set up now, it open automatically before I can delete it when I click on the message. Thanks "46erjoe" <46erjoe@whoknows.net> wrote in message news:k3iav1hevcknhtt2o626gh8a66shi25637@4ax.com... > For security I reasons I would like to delete incoming mail without > having to open it first. As my Outlook express is set up now, it open > automatically before I can delete it when I click on the message. > Thanks As noted by the title for this newsgr...

Newbie e-mail question
Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e...

E-Mail Postausgang
in postausgang befindet dich eine nachriecht die nicht gsendet oder gelöst werden kan ...

How to update/refresh/resize the systray after replace the windows clock with static
I been working on this clock replacement program because I never find any open source ones. I been having problem with the code and cant find a way to auto update/refresh my systray to fit my clock replacement. I already looked all over google and news groups. Take a look at those pics before I run the program http://69.50.187.114/~area51/before.gif after I run the program = notice I lost my AIM icon.... it overlapped the AIM icon. http://69.50.187.114/~area51/after.gif my program is MFC based. I decided to include my code for people to take a look at. http://69.50.187.114/~area51/Sta...

Windows ME
Can Publisher 2003 be used with Windows ME ? When I purchased it, the sales rep said Yes, but now I see all over the cover that it requires Windows 2000 or XP. I don't want to open the pkg if it won't work with ME Thanks ...

Lost Mail #2
Has anyone ever experienced or documented lost email in an Exchange 5.5 SP4 system. Clients are all Outlook XP. Thanks, Mike Ober. More information: Windows Server 2000 SP4 AD Domain Controller with all critical security patches via semi-automated Windows Update. Windows Update downloads and then waits for an administrator to install. Windows 2000 IIS running on server. Exchange configured per Service Pack readme to log all messages to a Message Journal. This includes IMC messages. Missing emails are found in the message journal as well as a BCC mailbox setup specifically to catch the...

losing format when e-mailed
Hi, Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong: When a user sends a selection of a spreadsheet via Outlook, the receipient is complaining that the selection is received in a mess, meaning the format of the selection is not kept. Cells are truncated. Coulmns of numbers are not aligned as they were. How can I stop this from happening? This is annoying... Thanks. Ed >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong: > >When a user sends a selection of a spreadsheet via Outlook, the receipient >is complaining that the selecti...

nconsistent CListBox behavior between Windows XP and 2000
Hello, I have extended the CListBox class so I can select Folders instead of just Files. When I send the CDM_GETSPEC message to get the currently selected item, I get the correct folder when I test with Windows XP. However, when I run my app on Wndows 2000, CDM_GETSPEC returns an empty string (""). Also, sending of the CDM_GETFILEPATH message works as desired for XP, but only returns the parent folder in 2000. Any help would be much appreciated. -Neil ...

blocking e-mail addresses?
I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago, and received an e-mail from this person today. I matched the e-mail addresses (the one that is blocked vs. the one that the e-mail came from today), and they're the same. What do you think happened? Thanks for your help, Audrey "Audrey" <dkfhry@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:55139c47-4375-4f96-8c72-cd51d4f0b101@p49g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... >I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago, > and > received an e-mail from this person today. I matched the e-mail > addre...

Echoing entered data in a CEdit window
I'm using a CEdit object to display contents of a file, which is encapsulated in a CFile object. Say the file contains the following: Welcome to Blah, Inc. ENTER PIN: prompting for a PIN number. How can I now "echo" the PIN keyed in by someone, starting at two spaces after the ":". The edit window is written with a 50-point font, Times New Roman. Also, do I have to refresh the whole edit window, with each refresh containing ALL the characters above, plus the currently entered number, or can I just write to a specific (x,y) cursor position. IOW, I want the follow...

Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP
Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3 Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the Wednesday instead of the Thursday. Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows Thursday as it should. Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP Bert Wicks Rockhampton Australia "Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message news:uFtyvQBbKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Servi...

Publisher needs to allow easier doublesided printing
When printing a catalogue on Publisher, it is really hard to work out which page is going to print on which side etc. If you try and print two sides at a time it comes out wrong. is there anyway this can be changed? it would be great if on the new Publisher this could be a feature, otherwise it'll be easier to create it as all A4 pages and then print 2 pages per sheet, but that's silly isn't it? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Displaying email from mail server
I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro. I am not able to display my email from my email server. I get the error message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error 0x0040600." I have checked my set up to access the mail server and everything appears to be okay. I can get my email from the website so it is on the server. Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their end? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert ...

Is there a windows XP ng? (OT)
I've been looking in search and find a lot of them, but the whole name doesn't show in the search box, I have to subscibe to what it is. I'm finding "windows xp internet explorer 5", and moviemakers and such. I'm new to using XP and just started using duel monitors (which I'm also new to)and have run into problems with this I can't find answers to. The main one involves using Macromedia Freehand, I found a google group for that and asked but (so far) nobody answered. I like the idea (in theory) or using a 2nd monitor (my old smaller one) to drag...

Memory slot 0 in Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have a doubt on Windows CE 5.0 Memory Architecture.... why is necessary to clone the SLOTn assigned to a process into the SLOT0 when the process is running ? Thanks, Paolo One of the reasons is the following: pratically each application uses one or more DLL; a DLL typically has some read only section (code) which can be shared between several applications and read/write section (data) which is not shared because it is different form application to application. The read only section is mapped at the same physical address for every application while the data reside i...