windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments

When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click
open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says
C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying:
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What
do i have to do?

Regards,
Antonis

0
Antonis

You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel."
Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a
Program" - make sure that file type has the appropriate program associated
with it (I.e. ".pdf" - "Adobe Reader")
Also, go to Start - Default Programs - Set Your Default Programs - select
the mail application on the left - observe on right for the message "This
program has all its defaults".  If you don't see that, and see something
like "This program contains 3/5 defaults, then you will need to select
"Choose defaults for this program and check off the boxes there (apply -
okay).

"Antonis Papadopoulos" <athos300@cytanet.com.cy> wrote in message
> When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click
> open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says
> C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message
> saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for
> performing this action. Create an association in the set associations
> control panel . What do i have to do?
>
> Regards,
> Antonis

0
slk759
11/27/2009 7:24:21 PM
That depends on which file type it is. Are you able to save the
attachment, then open it outside of Windows Mail? If yes,
tell us the file extension (DOC, PDF, PPS, etc.).

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Antonis Papadopoulos" <athos300@cytanet.com.cy> wrote in message =
> When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i =
click=20
> open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) =
says=20
> C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message =
saying:=20
> This file does not have a program associated with it for performing =
this=20
> action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . =
What=20
> do i have to do?
>=20
> Regards,
> Antonis=20

0
Gary
11/27/2009 11:30:24 PM
"Antonis Papadopoulos" <athos300@cytanet.com.cy> escribio en el mensaje de
noticias news:u5nUsQ5bKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click
> open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says
> C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message
> saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for
> performing this action. Create an association in the set associations
> control panel . What do i have to do?
>
> Regards,
> Antonis

0
mati

Attaching Contacts to new email

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

owa cant open ppt attachments

Error 550 Relaying denied

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

outlook 2007 e-mail

Error 130

OE autodelete OLD mail

Vista Gadget
Hey guys, I read, that the CRM v3c Client supports the Vista Sidebar. So I installed the CRM Client on my Vista Enterprise with Office 2007, but I can't find the Gadgets? Where do I find them or activate them? Regards, biba Just because gadgets are supported it does not mean any crm gadgets have been provided. Great opportunity for someone to build some though :-) ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com <der_bibabutzelmann@gmx.net> wrote in message news:1168884591.195877.320830@51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > Hey guys...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...

Web Servics install error
Hi, I tried installing Web Services today but towards the end of the install I received an error that my user (to be used for Web Services) could not be added to the IIS_WPG group. I had prior to the installation already added this user to the group - and I think this is why the install failed. To fix this, i then removed the user from this group and redid the install. This time it got past the previous point, but sadly again right at the end of the install gave an unexpected error, and I was forced to cancel the install. This user was a user in Active Directory, as well as a SQL user...