Windows mail times out sending wmv file in windows mail

Cannot send a wmv file 5.10MB, recieves just fine but times out when sending.

The size is probably the issue. An attachment adds to the size about 35%
due to encoding, so your 5.10MB file is now roughly 7MB. You can try the
following, but it will only help if your server allows a message of that
size.

In Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced, set the time-out
slider to the max.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving,
and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting
changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your
up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For
more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"fishnut9" <fishnut9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Cannot send a wmv file 5.10MB, recieves just fine but times out when
> sending.

0
Bruce
1/2/2010 9:55:08 PM
That's comparable to sending the contents of your living room via snail mail
in a #10 envelope.  If you must send such large files electronically, use
the Send a File feature (FTP) of your favorite Messenger.  And if you're on
dial-up, allow a week or so for the transfer to complete.

fishnut9 wrote:
> Cannot send a wmv file 5.10MB, recieves just fine but times out when
> sending.

0
PA
1/2/2010 11:21:38 PM
One possible reason for that is having your antivirus configured to
check email messages.

However, it is a misuse of email to send files that large. Upload large
files to a file sharing site like http://www.tinypic.com.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"fishnut9" <fishnut9@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
> Cannot send a wmv file 5.10MB, recieves just fine but times out when =
sending.
0
Gary
1/4/2010 1:42:19 AM
You can also try to break up the mail into smaller pieces.  Go to Tools |
Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced and set it to break up messages
larger than 1 megabyte (1000 Kbytes) and see if that works.

steve

"fishnut9" <fishnut9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Cannot send a wmv file 5.10MB, recieves just fine but times out when
> sending.

0
Steve

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

File size #11

find action on log file

Maximum file sizes

How to repair a .dll file in IE8