Windows Mail not opening

I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows
Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting
information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I
now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which
will not open).
 Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with
Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now
attempt to open Windows Live Mail?

 Thank you, Snakedoctor

Try repairing the WinMail database:  www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/

You can also go to control panel | Default Programs and make WLM =
default.

steve

"Snakedoctor" <Snakedoctor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows=20
> Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting=20
> information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even =
though I=20
> now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail =
(which=20
> will not open).
> Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with=20
> Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes =
now=20
> attempt to open Windows Live Mail?
>=20
> Thank you, Snakedoctor
0
Steve
9/12/2010 9:26:33 AM
You can't uninstall Windows Mail since it is an integral part of Vista.

It sounds like your Windows Live Mail doesn't have all its defaults.
The following procedure will rewrite the default protocol
assignments in the registry:
Open the Default Programs applet, then click on "Set program
access and computer defaults." Expand the Custom selection, and
select Windows Live Mail. Click OK.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Snakedoctor"  wrote in message =

I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows
Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting
information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even =
though I
now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail =
(which
will not open).
Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with
Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes =
now
attempt to open Windows Live Mail?

Thank you, Snakedoctor=20

0
Gary

Separate Thread with top-level window in MFC DLL
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or insights people have on an issue I am facing. I am trying to create a DLL that will export a single function. This function, when called, spawns a new thread with its own top-level CFrameWnd. The thread should process all messages for that CFrameWnd. It looks like most applications that will use DLL will be MFC-based but not 100% of them. I am currently creating a regular MFC DLL (not an extension). The CWinApp in that DLL does not have a main window initially (set to NULL). In the exported function, I execute a AfxBeginThread to create the new thre...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

PERSONAL Workbook is not opening
WHen I open Excel, my PERSONAL workbook is not opening, then I can't access to my Macros. I have checked if its located in the XLSTART folder and it is. Can you help me to solve this out? Maybe personal.xls was disabled... xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks. They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them. If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled Items...". Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there, too. If the workbook is real...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Open windows explorer
Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder? Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

reminders without outlook being open
How can I get reminders and 'new email' indications without Outlook being open? Ideally, when my computer starts up, I'd like whatever service is necessary to accomplish this to start automatically. Thanks! Jesse Aufiero wrote: > How can I get reminders and 'new email' indications without Outlook being > open? Ideally, when my computer starts up, I'd like whatever service is > necessary to accomplish this to start automatically. > > Thanks! > > You can't. The only way (and this only works for email) is to use a third-party email check...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

excel opens under task bar
hi, I find that excel always opens under the taskbar. is there some way to 'reset' the opening position to the screen dimensions + taskbar size so it opens below ? it seems to do this on XP pro and 98 SE from time to time. thanks, kd ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...