Windows Mail Message rules

I have a small problem - mainly because I only have three News message rules
:)

The Apply Now function appears to be broken - and until I can get it working
again, I can't really check to see whether the rules themselves work
properly.
WinMail in a fully updated Vista (with fully updated Office 2007 in the mix
as well, just in case it makes a difference)
Whichever rule I pick, and whichever account or newsgroup I try and apply it
to, Apply now starts to work - and then I get a "One or more of your rules
could not be applied" message - The rules used to work fine, as did Apply
Now.

Any Ideas what's happened? - and/or a fix??

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel

------=_NextPart_000_0351_01CB0BEC.F3660D10

usually happens to me when I IMPORT the accounts.

manually creating the accounts the APPLY NOW works.

mikeyshd

  "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message =
  I have a small problem - mainly because I only have three News message =
rules=20
  :)

  The Apply Now function appears to be broken - and until I can get it =
working=20
  again, I can't really check to see whether the rules themselves work=20
  properly.
  WinMail in a fully updated Vista (with fully updated Office 2007 in =
the mix=20
  as well, just in case it makes a difference)
  Whichever rule I pick, and whichever account or newsgroup I try and =
apply it=20
  to, Apply now starts to work - and then I get a "One or more of your =
rules=20
  could not be applied" message - The rules used to work fine, as did =
Apply=20
  Now.

  Any Ideas what's happened? - and/or a fix??

  --=20
  Noel Paton
  CrashFixPC

  Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
  www.crashfixpc.co.uk

------=_NextPart_000_0351_01CB0BEC.F3660D10

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16588"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>usually happens to me when I IMPORT the=20
accounts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>manually creating the accounts the APPLY NOW=20
works.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>
<MARQUEE bgColor=3D#ffff00 height=3D22 behavior=3Dalternate =
width=3D"35%" scrollAmount=3D2=20
scrollDelay=3D9>mikeyshd</MARQUEE></FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Noel Paton" &lt;noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23pO$fG8CLHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:%23pO$fG8CLHA.=
4400@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have a small problem - mainly because I only have three News message =
rules=20
  <BR>:)<BR><BR>The Apply Now function appears to be broken - and until =
I can=20
  get it working <BR>again, I can't really check to see whether the =
rules=20
  themselves work <BR>properly.<BR>WinMail in a fully updated Vista =
(with fully=20
  updated Office 2007 in the mix <BR>as well, just in case it makes a=20
  difference)<BR>Whichever rule I pick, and whichever account or =
newsgroup I try=20
  and apply it <BR>to, Apply now starts to work - and then I get a "One =
or more=20
  of your rules <BR>could not be applied" message - The rules used to =
work fine,=20
  as did Apply <BR>Now.<BR><BR>Any Ideas what's happened? - and/or a=20
  fix??<BR><BR><BR>-- <BR>Noel Paton<BR>CrashFixPC<BR><BR>Nil =
Carborundum=20
  Illegitemi<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk">www.crashfixpc.co.uk</A><BR></BLOCKQ=
UOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0351_01CB0BEC.F3660D10--

0
mikeyhsd
6/14/2010 11:11:03 PM
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyshd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
usually happens to me when I IMPORT the accounts.

manually creating the accounts the APPLY NOW works.

Nah - it's not that, the Apply Now used to work, as I say - it just stopped
working last week sometime

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
6/15/2010 9:44:21 AM

> "mikeyhsd" <mikeyshd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> usually happens to me when I IMPORT the accounts.
>
> manually creating the accounts the APPLY NOW works.
>

> Nah - it's not that, the Apply Now used to work, as I say - it just
> stopped working last week sometime
>
> --
> Noel Paton
> CrashFixPC
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Noel try this, ensure that you have an account that is set as the default
account, even if you have one set now, change it, and back again.

   mac

0
mac
6/15/2010 9:53:06 AM
" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "mikeyhsd" <mikeyshd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> usually happens to me when I IMPORT the accounts.
>>
>> manually creating the accounts the APPLY NOW works.
>>

>> Nah - it's not that, the Apply Now used to work, as I say - it just
>> stopped working last week sometime
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton
>> CrashFixPC
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> www.crashfixpc.co.uk
>>

> Noel try this, ensure that you have an account that is set as the default
> account, even if you have one set now, change it, and back again.
>
>   mac

Thanks Steve - that gets me at least part of the way there, now - I can
Apply Now to ANY account, except the one that the rule is actually for.
I can Apply Now to any single group in the relevant Account - but not the
whole account!

Here's the rule:-
Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the Subject line contains 'mgadiag' or 'WGA' or 'license' or 'licence'
or 'genuine' or 'fake' or 'msdn' or 'key' or 'validat' or 'activat'
    and Where the message is from the MS Answers account
Highlight it with Green
    and Mark the message as watched
    and Mark it for download
    and Stop processing more rules

Any more ideas??
 ( I really don't want to have to recreate the account, as I have to pay for
bandwidth, and it's a little difficult for me to carry my laptop as far as
the pub, where I have unlimited access!)

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
6/15/2010 10:43:19 AM

> Here's the rule:-
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> Where the Subject line contains 'mgadiag' or 'WGA' or 'license' or
> 'licence' or 'genuine' or 'fake' or 'msdn' or 'key' or 'validat' or
> 'activat'
>    and Where the message is from the MS Answers account
> Highlight it with Green **************
>    and Mark the message as watched *******
>    and Mark it for download
>    and Stop processing more rules
> Noel Paton
> CrashFixPC
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Is there a conflict here *********** marked above?

This account will be the Bridge, no?
I have not set up any rules yet on that account, so not sure if it
'supports' them?

   mac

0
mac
6/15/2010 11:43:06 AM

> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> Here's the rule:-
>> Apply this rule after the message arrives
>> Where the Subject line contains 'mgadiag' or 'WGA' or 'license' or
>> 'licence' or 'genuine' or 'fake' or 'msdn' or 'key' or 'validat' or
>> 'activat'
>>    and Where the message is from the MS Answers account
>> Highlight it with Green **************
>>    and Mark the message as watched *******
>>    and Mark it for download
>>    and Stop processing more rules
>> Noel Paton
>> CrashFixPC
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> www.crashfixpc.co.uk
>>

> Is there a conflict here *********** marked above?
>
> This account will be the Bridge, no?
> I have not set up any rules yet on that account, so not sure if it
> 'supports' them?
>
>   mac

 I don't think there's a conflict - it works as advertised when it works at
all. Removing the Green line doesn't change the result.
This is why I'm using Apply Now - the support for 'active' rules seems to be
patchy, and depend on the state of the PC's server at the time of download.
(I'm using the twin MS bridges) Apply Now rules work - when they work :)

Thanks for the idea - keep 'em coming, and I may even buy you a beer! (Bud
Lite, isn't it? <eg>)

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
6/16/2010 8:45:37 AM
>" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Here's the rule:-
>>> Apply this rule after the message arrives
>>> Where the Subject line contains 'mgadiag' or 'WGA' or 'license' or
>>> 'licence' or 'genuine' or 'fake' or 'msdn' or 'key' or 'validat' or
>>> 'activat'
>>>    and Where the message is from the MS Answers account
>>> Highlight it with Green **************
>>>    and Mark the message as watched *******
>>>    and Mark it for download
>>>    and Stop processing more rules
>>> Noel Paton
>>> CrashFixPC
>>>
>>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>>> www.crashfixpc.co.uk
>>>

>> Is there a conflict here *********** marked above?
>>
>> This account will be the Bridge, no?
>> I have not set up any rules yet on that account, so not sure if it
>> 'supports' them?
>>
>>   mac
>
> I don't think there's a conflict - it works as advertised when it works at
> all. Removing the Green line doesn't change the result.
> This is why I'm using Apply Now - the support for 'active' rules seems to
> be patchy, and depend on the state of the PC's server at the time of
> download. (I'm using the twin MS bridges) Apply Now rules work - when they
> work :)
>
> Thanks for the idea - keep 'em coming, and I may even buy you a beer! (Bud
> Lite, isn't it? <eg>)
>
> --
> Noel Paton
> CrashFixPC
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> www.crashfixpc.co.uk

<bump>
Any ideas, Steve?
...all right - John Smith's then :)

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
6/19/2010 7:38:20 AM
> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>>" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Is there a conflict here *********** marked above?
>>>
>>> This account will be the Bridge, no?
>>> I have not set up any rules yet on that account, so not sure if it
>>> 'supports' them?
>>>
>>>   mac

It seems that there's something wrong with the Account itself - No rules can
be Apply Now'd  to it at all - only to the constituent groups.

Looks like I'll have to recreate the account from scratch and download all
the messages again.... only 160MB :(
I suppose I'll have to take the machine down to the pub and do it there :)
(that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
6/23/2010 10:09:38 AM
> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> It seems that there's something wrong with the Account itself - No rules
> can be Apply Now'd  to it at all - only to the constituent groups.
>
> Looks like I'll have to recreate the account from scratch and download all
> the messages again.... only 160MB :(
> I suppose I'll have to take the machine down to the pub and do it there :)
> (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)

Discovered the real problem almost by accident - it was one of the groups
causing all the problems - the Sandbox, which I didn't really need but was
fun to read every now and then. - and which I never bothered applying the
rules to using Apply Now.
When I did, it crashed, removing the group from the list now allows me to
Apply now to the Account, as well as the groups.
When I brought the group back in, Apply Now crashed out again....
Resetting the Group allowed normal Apply Now behaviour
Pulling in the last 300 posts - and it still works
So it looks as if one malformed post screwed the pooch.
--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
6/25/2010 8:43:36 AM
"Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> It seems that there's something wrong with the Account itself - No rules
> can be Apply Now'd  to it at all - only to the constituent groups.
>
> Looks like I'll have to recreate the account from scratch and download all
> the messages again.... only 160MB :(
> I suppose I'll have to take the machine down to the pub and do it there :)
> (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)
>

> --
> Noel Paton
> CrashFixPC
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
ALISSA
7/1/2010 12:22:44 PM
"ALISSA " <prova@my> wrote in message

> "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
<snip>

Much as I love seeing my name on the internet, I can't help wondering why,
in this case?
Perhaps there's a question that needs answered? I'll probably have to get my
sister to translate each way, as she's the Italian speaker of the family (or
should be after living in Sardinia for the past 20-odd years!)
--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

Windows Event Logger
Hello , Within a try- catch block I need to catch the exceptions and write them to a log file using the Windows Event Logger . Till exception handling, things are fine with me, but I am not aware of Windows Event Logger . Any input in this regard shall be appreciated . Thanks , Sujay ...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

How to check the style of window is not WS_EX_APPWINDOW ?
Hello There How can I check whether the extended style of window is not WM_EX_APPWINDOW.( Means it won't have entry in taskbar when it visible. I can check whether the it has WS_EX_APPWINDOW style like this if (::GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) & WS_EX_APPWINDOW) TRACE("App Window\n"); But how can I do the reverse thing ? Example: 0010101 Real 0110101 Mask The Bitwise AND gives a 1 if the real and the mask are 1, such as 00101100 00100100 AND ---------- 00100100 In this situation, we know that at least some of the mask is true, -- now -- Take the binary number...

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

Validation Rule for field values
I have a database that includes a phone number field. I want to prevent a user from creating a new record that contains a phone number that is currently in a record that exists in the database.I am using a form for data entry into the table. Somehow I'd like for there to be a check to see if the phone number typed into the phone number field to be checked against existing phone numbers in the database.I've researched various sources but haven't been able to find the solution. I'm not familiar with VB so any replies that suggest using that will probably not work for me. Sorry, j...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

Maximized Window
When a mail is opened, it is opened in the maximized size. When the "make smaller" is pressed, the window remains maximized. When a reply is desired, the reply window is also maximized and cannot be made smaller. This only happens with one identity; all other work fine. All setting are same for all identities. What can I do? ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...