Windows mail gremlins - losing folders in left hand margin

I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have
had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting
the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does
anyone know how I can fix both of these issues?

In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there
are the folders.  I have no idea what you mean when you
say your mailboxes are in the left pane.

As to the folders, check:
View->Layout->Folder List

--
VistaRookie

10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found
here:
'*Google*' (http://www.google.com)

VistaRookie
1/11/2010 12:19:09 PM
You can search for *.eml to ensure the messages are still there.  For
background see www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

You can try compacting and repairing the database using my Windows Mail
utility (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) and seeing if that helps, but I suspect you
have 3rd party program interference that is screwing things up.  See point 3
here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 .

steve

"Expat" <Expat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I
>have
> had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and
> re-booting
> the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does
> anyone know how I can fix both of these issues?

0
Steve
1/11/2010 1:10:49 PM
I don't know what you mean by "all I have is my mailboxes".

If the folders in the left pane are missing, go to View, Layout, and
make sure Folder List is checked.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Expat" <Expat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I =
have=20
> had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and =
re-booting=20
> the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. =
Does=20
> anyone know how I can fix both of these issues?
0
Gary

Check this update for MS Windows
--qyvlrvkybmjf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hwrqgqycrxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --hwrqgqycrxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lvllmcrxbhi" --lvllmcrxbhi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

Cannot send from Windows shortcut or Acrobat
Using Office/Outlook 2003, winxp sp1. Ever since I installed Office 2003 (and I use Outlook 2003 with pop3 email accounts from my website hosting provider), I can't right click a file and "Send To a Mail Recipient" anymore. Nothing happens. I get the same problem in Acrobat 6.0 Professional. It won't let me send a pdf file when viewing it from the file menu like it use to. In both cases, I use to have these capabilities when office xp, or even office 2000 was installed. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

windows freezes at login and safe mode dont work!
my computer was working fine until my 11 year old got ahold of it and i saw she was in the msconfig screen unchecking things by the time i could say stop she restarted the netbook and now it freezes after i enter a password in at log in. i tried starting in safe mode and it freezes there also. i have tried everything even debugging mode still freezes. how can i get back in a fix what she did? please remember this a netbook im using "NO CD ROM" and no disk came with it. thanks for any help you might be able to give robbie robbie wrote: > my computer was workin...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities
Hello We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not. Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ? All info gratefully received Thanks...Phil That should help: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html Cheers -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer Blog: http://crm.georged.id.au/ "Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com...

Sorting all folder contents in Outlook 2002??
My personal folders and sub-folders are presently not sorted by received date, so it's a pain to constantly have to hit the "received" tab when I open a folder to see the newer messages on top. Is there a way to change the default setting and have ALL my folders sorted by "received" date? Thanks Is there anyway i can make the addresses i see show up when i am reading a thread. reset the view - right click on the field names and click on the customize menu thenchoose reset. if you need help finding the reset option, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewm...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

LDAP Issue
Hello, We work with an Authentication Service which does LDAP Connections to 3 different Domains. The Server with the Authentication Service is in a separate Domain and Network zone. The Server is running Windows Server 2003 R2. Tha Authentication Service retrieves information from the 3 domains: DomainA: All DCs running Windows Server 2003 DomainB: All DCs running Windows Server 2003 DomainC: All DCs running Windows Server 2008 The LDAP Bind for Domain A and B works fine. But the Server is unable to make a LDAP Bind to the Windows 2008 DC. More Information: - The F...

Public folders problems after migration to e2k3
Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am thinking they might be related. Source:MSExchangeFBPublish Category: General Event IT:8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an unin...

Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10
I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self. Just loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago. Migrated all of my old stuff from Windows Mail (Vista). I've tried everything, including turning off email filtering. Only one email account and it is POP3. Can something be corrupted? If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows = Live=20 Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the = provider's webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft...

Lexar USB Flash ("Jump") Drives and Windows 98
Hi, I posted this (below) last year in Sept. I thought perhaps it can help someone who also uses Lexar "Jump" drives. Note: I did not buy another Lexar "Jump" drive after I posted this: I am a very active user of Windows 98se, and Lexar's "Jump" USB flash drives. Lexar's web site, the last time I checked over a year ago, provided the Win98 driver, but "JDUSBMS.INI" did not include the newer flash drives. What was missing is the PID in the .INI file of some of the newer Lexar flash drives (the ones I bought). ...

Items not in sent items folder
I am running Outlook 2000 and when trying to email directly from Word using File --> Send --> as Attachment, the email goes through, but does not show up in my Sent Items folder. I checked the box in Options to save messages in sent items. Any ideas? ...

Ftp service to a non windows machine.
With an FTP task in SSIS, I get the error: Error at FTP Task [FTP Task]: Remote path "PRIS:CSV.1" doesn't start with "/". The other machine is a non windows machine, there the filenames (system/directory) do not start with a slash. A 'normal' FTP server does work there the 'file' does not have toe start with a slash. How can I circumvent this problem? Is this the correct group for SSIS related questions? Sorry if I am in the wrong group, but I could not find a SSIS group. thanks for your time and attention, Ben Brugman Also tr...

Windows Installer Error 1635
I am getting the following error message when I try to import a CSV file to the calander. Starts off by saying can not start the required translator, tries to install then I get the error message. ...

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

Installing Outlook 2003 in Windows 7 with product key only
I have a new laptop with no disk drive, so can only install from product key online. Can't afford to buy new outlook so wish to install old 2003 version but only have the disk version. So, I have a valid licence but no idea how to get it on my new PC (Windows 7). Help please! 1) Buy an external cd/dvd drive 2) copy cd to memory stick 3) install over network "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079F9F62-16AF-4D26-9AEA-72BBBDD0DB03@microsoft.com... >I have a new laptop with no disk drive, so can only install from product >ke...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

How do I synchronize external e-mail with outlook
I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on the desktop. If I delete e-mails while I am out of office, they must be deleted on the server. Eucliff <Eucliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external > e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal > accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on > the de...

Outlook 2003: Showing Calendar within Mail view
Hi, I've just upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 and am trying to replicate the view I had in Outlook 2002. I used to have a screen split into three columns: the left-hand column (about 1/4 of the screen width) had my inbox with all its sub-folders in it. The middle column, which took up about 1/2 the screen width, had my list of e-mails displayed horizontally across the top, and under that I had the message window. In the right-hand column, the remaining 1/4 or so of the screen, I had the calendar view (which I could toggle between daily/monthly weekly view) and below that I had...

lost subfolders and email -vista mail
Hi there, I have posted a similar email in browsers and email forum ( thougth it was this one). Yesterday I emptied the junk mail and when I looked again all my subfolders and email had disappeared. All my business work. I am lost! I have microsoft security essentials for antivirus. i have tried looking in the appdata local microsoft windowsmail folder and they are not there. what can I do now? will they be anywhere on my hard drive that I can access? -- franknigmir "franknigmir" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:2cd46bf8914586ed40d15804080c33...