Windows Mail Export...

When using the Windows Mail Export feature, where is the export file stored
so I can find it to import to another mail program?

Never mind folks...  I got it.

"zbowdawg" wrote:

> When using the Windows Mail Export feature, where is the export file stored
> so I can find it to import to another mail program?
The export feature saves messages only.
If you want to back up all aspects of Windows Mail, including
account settings, rules, etc. use this free third party utility:

http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/
http://www.staticbackup.com/products.htm#swmbf

It does not transfer contacts, but you can easily copy and paste
the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"zbowdawg" <zbowdawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Never mind folks...  I got it.
>=20
> "zbowdawg" wrote:
>=20
>> When using the Windows Mail Export feature, where is the export file =
stored=20
>> so I can find it to import to another mail program?
0
Gary

Display As A Top Windows
Dear helper, How to write code to display a window on top of every window but not top most? I mean the equivalent to VB Code: formName.ZOrder Thanks you. > How to write code to display a window on top of every window but not > top most? I mean the equivalent to VB Code: formName.ZOrder... SetWindowPos(wndNoTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); moves window's to z-order above all non-top-most and below top-most... May need to add other SWP_* flag check MSDN on the SetWindowPos() page... SetWindowPos. I'm not sure how "on top of every window but no...

HELP!
xp_sendmail has died on our SQL Server, I get error "xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005" if I try using it. I believe that the reason that this has happened is because the SQL Server service account is unable to send mail, as follows: If I log on to Outlook Web Access as the SQL Server service account (SVC_SqlServer) I am able to receive mail. However, any mail sent from this account simply dissapears. It appears in the Sent items folder (in OWA for the SVC_SqlServer account) but the recipient (me, in this case) never receives it! Does anyone know why this account is ...

E-mail through CRM should include spell check
Our users generally have spell check turned on for e-mails sent through Outlook. It would be nice if this option were also available when sending e-mails through CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Need help with mailing list
I have two mailing lists. List A is approximately 16,000 customers. List B is about 6,000 customers. All of the customers on List B are also on List A. I need to remove all of the customers on List B, from List A. My expected result is List A minus List B = List C (new list of about 10,000). This should be simple, but I do not know how to start. ...

Offline and Online mail
Hello all, the problem that I am having is when a user of mine works in "offline" mode, she works on some emails, hits the send button and it waits in the outbox until she connects like it should. The problem is that the emails that were typed while offline does not show in the sent folder after she his the send/receive. The emails are being sent but the user really wants them to show up in the online sent folder. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!! Jarrod ...

Mail Merge to an email message
When I attempt to use the mail merge option to send an email message to a list from a database, I get to the end, hit the merge button, and nothing happens. Nothing gets sent. What am i doing wrong? How would we know? You did not tell us anything. Include precise steps, versions, the data source and how your Outlook profile is configured. We have nothing to go on. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joe bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d88401c453ed$bbed9280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the mail merge option to send an > ...

MS Outlook as default mail
I have a newer computer and Outlook express is the default email package. I went to Tools Internet options programs email but there is no listing for outlook. Just outlook express and MSN (MSN is my service provider) How can I get Outlook as the default? Thanks Do you have Office installed? What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

Getting Windows System Colors
I have built an AC2003 database. I built color schemes matching the olive, blue and sliver colors used by Windows XP. I found the constants that I can access in VBA. What I'm trying to do is to detect the Windows XP current color scheme and then use the associated color scheme in my access database. The color scheme names in my access project are called "Olive", "Blue" and "Silver". For example, the active window title bar can be retrieved by using the value -2147483646 or the constant vbActiveTitleBar. So I can set the form's backg...

"More Details" link in an e-mail newsletter in Publisher?
How does one use the "More Details" link in an e-mail newsletter (Publisher 2003)? I am simply writing articles without links to any web pages. Should I use these links to continue the articles in Word and how so? I've had trouble finding information on this. Thank you! ...

Serious Security Flaw in Junk Mail Folder
A flaw igsists in the Windows Mail, Junk folder. The filters catch and route junk and spam to the folder however, whenever I open the folder to ckeck for "miss directed" mail...the program automaticaly OPENS the first message. Iam most cases it cause a flood of MORE spam mail to download. The user should have to "select and open" mail and not have it automatic. This current situation only permotes more junk mail and puts the user at risk for trojans and tracking emails. Uncheck the Preview Pane before going to the Junk folder. It works the same as the ...

links in windows live mail beta
when I send a link to windows live mail beta it is not active so you can't open it I can send the same link to yahoo and you can open it. Is there something I can do to make this work ? Thanks It won't be active in the message composition window. Never has been in any version of WLM (or Outlook Express for that matter). It should be active in your Sent Items folder and when received. Is that not the case? If not, are you using Plain Text or HTML format? How are you inserting the link? Are you including the full link, including the http:// ? -- Mike...

Windows Installer Service
After running this removal tool to clean upall version of .Net framework I got this error 2908. How to fix this as its so annoying on my desktop to see this pop up that says "windows configures copy"? Please advise what to do? CrystalBall© sez... Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework versions are currently installed: How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and whether service packs have been applied http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/kb00318785.aspx Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in thi...

how to backup mail account settings
I have lots of email accounts and would like to backup my mail account settings. I know that the passwords will not be saved but I would just like to save the settings. I am happy to also save all my mail with the mail account settings if necessary. Can you please tell me if this is possible. I have tried using outlook backup but this only saves mail and not settings and I think that it used to be possible using File and Settings Transfer but cannot seem to do this with Office 2003. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003. Many thanks Outlook 2003 does not have the ability to export your account...

Modifier: 'This Field Already Exists in the Window'
I'm using Modifier to try and change the Apply Sales Documents window to show the Document Date instead of the Due Date. However, once I open the scrolling window in Modifier and try to add the Document Date field to replace the Due Date field, I receive the message "This Field Already Exists in the Window". It doesn't appear that it is truly part of the window, and when selecting the drop down from the Properties box, it doesn't appear there either. Does anyone know if changing this field can be done or what would be causing this? Thanks, Danny If you get th...

unable to delete more than one mail at a time
Dear all, After replacing the Hardware of our exchange server, we are now unable to delete more than one mail at a time in the mailbox. If we try to do so, outlook hangs. Please suggest a remedy for this problem. regards, Haritha. Im gonna WAG and say you are using Exchange 5.5. If so, run the Performance Optimizer. On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 02:29:36 -0700, "Haritha_Vonteru" <Haritha_Vonteru@satyam.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >After replacing the Hardware of our exchange server, we >are now unable to delete more than one mail at a time in >the mailbox. I...

Word as e-mail editor in Outlook
I use Outlook 2000. It has stopped accepting Word (2000) as the e-mail editor. I have read the releases on this issue and tried the suggested "cure" (removing "@" from the computer name), but this was not the cause of the problem. I have gone to Tools>Options>Mail Format many times and clicked the "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" box several times and clicked "Apply". But the box clears each time I try to send e-mail. I continue to get the message "Word is either too busy or cannot be found." How do I get Outlook...

Closing "Send to Mail Recipient Toolbar"
After a spreadsheet has been sent to a mail recipient and then reopened a second time, the Mail recipient toolbar with the "To, Copy, Subject and Introduction" lines remain taking upp valuable monitor real estate. Is there a means of shutting this toolbar off after the file is reopened? Hi John Click on the Mail button again in the standard toolbar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "John Neighbors" <jneighbors@sprottewatson.com> wrote in message news:OPKaFCUsEHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > After a spreadsheet has been sent to a mail reci...

E-mail and vacations
There is a way to post an "out of office auto reply" message on my e-mail while I am on vacation and I cannot figure out how to do this. I know it exists because I have received the messages from collegues. Can anyone help me with this process??? If you are using an Exchange server, yes, Otherwise, you will need to use Rules Wizard, leave your machine on, and set it to periodically check for mail. The downside to this is that you will confirm your email address as "valid" to any spam messages that you get. You may want to see if your ISP offers this service as...

Forward specific e-mail to Public Folder
I know it's possible to forward e-mails to a specific user to a Public Folder, but is it possible to set it up where only certain e-mails (from a specific address) get forwarded to the Public Folder? Or is it an all or nothing setting? Thanks! Add the specific SMTP address to a distribution group, removing it from the User. Then add the User and PF as members of the group. Oliver ! Well, in case what you want is to forward all messages that are sent to one specific user from a specific email address, you can create a rule (in the recipient's Outlook or OWA) to forward ...

Mail Merge in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi We are in the process of testing the mail merge functionality in CRM 4.0. When we use the 'Print quote for customer' button all data is merged with MS Word successfully. However if we have multiple products or multiple line items, the additional product details are added on a seperate page and as different receipents. Does anyone know why this occurs and what a possible solution might be? I cannot believe that this would not be provided for correctly. Many Thanks Regards Mark Hi Mark, looks like your template gone south. I would carefully double-check the template to ma...

enquiry on disabling outbound mail and mailbox size
Hi all. I would like to know after i disable outbound mail, where will the mail be stored on exchange server? I mean which directory by default. I would also like to know if there is a default mailbox size for all users. Lastly as I am currently using exchange 2003 standard, the default mailbox store is 16GB. Can i know if there is a way to expand it to 75GB? THks in advance. - If you're on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (Std. Edition), the default size is 18 Gigs, and can be increased up to 75 Gigs by creating the Database Size Limit DWORD value in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services...

Windows Security Update Failed Install
Unable to install security update after many attempts. Looking for suggestions. Error Code: 0x80070663 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 ..Netframework versions installed are: 1.1.4322.2463 2.0.50727.3603 WinVer: XP Pro/ V 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514: Service Pack 3) 32 Bit 0x80070663 ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify t...

Windows 7 hosted network mode
I am writing a wireless miniport driver for Windows 7, during DOT11 attributes registration I am supporting ExtAP mode After the driver is installed it works fine as an ExtSTA mode. When I invoke ExtAP mode by executing command 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Soft-AP-Test" key=12345678 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork I am getting this error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." What does this means did the DOT11 attributes registered is not p...

organizing e-mail in Outlook 2002
We have a user who recently got married and her name changed. She had set up mail coming only to her to come in in a certain color (the organizing feature of Outlook). Now that her name changed, it will not work on the e-mail that is coming in in her new name. I've tried deleting and recreating her profile, creating a new profile in the mail accounts, completely removed and reinstalled Outlook. Deleted the personal files that are created in the Outlook folder under her profile, and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Have you tried turning that organizing feature off, restarti...