Windows mail error message 12-18-09

What that means?:

The rejected e-mail address was 'phoenixgym@aol.com'. Subject 'World
Champion Kayla Williams is competing in the Excalibur Cup 2010 (Virginia
Beach)', Account: 'Excalibur Gymnastics', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.1.1 <phoenixgym@aol.com> exceeds max
number of rcpts (400)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

What do you think "exceeds max number of rcpts" might mean?

Your ISP (not Windows Mail) limits the number of recipients to which one (1)
message can be sent.  The error suggests that maximum number of receipients
is 400 but I suspect you'll find that it's much lower than that (e.g., 50,
25, or fewer).  Check with your ISP.

Gus wrote:
> What that means?:
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'phoenixgym@aol.com'. Subject 'World
> Champion Kayla Williams is competing in the Excalibur Cup 2010 (Virginia
> Beach)', Account: 'Excalibur Gymnastics', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.1.1 <phoenixgym@aol.com> exceeds
> max
> number of rcpts (400)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452,
> Error
> Number: 0x800CCC79

0
PA
12/18/2009 4:45:34 AM
You need to change the SMTP port to 465 and check the SSL box right below
that port # (Advanced tab), and also, on the Servers tab you need to check
the box "Outgoing Mail Server - My server requires authentication" - click
the Settings button and fill in "Log on Using" info (DO NOT check the box on
that popup box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication").
http://support2.cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=1c21b754-3f65-494c-acd7-560fbc879aec

"Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What that means?:
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'phoenixgym@aol.com'. Subject 'World
> Champion Kayla Williams is competing in the Excalibur Cup 2010 (Virginia
> Beach)', Account: 'Excalibur Gymnastics', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.1.1 <phoenixgym@aol.com> exceeds
> max
> number of rcpts (400)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452,
> Error
> Number: 0x800CCC79

0
slk759
12/18/2009 4:56:44 AM

"Diane wrote:

> What that means?:
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> I followed you instructions for Windows Mail & contacted my server..who was no hlep..still receiving mail but can't not sending.
dbmseize@telus.net
Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply =
here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Diane asks" <Diane asks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>=20
>=20
> "Diane wrote:
>=20
>> What that means?:
>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be=20
>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this =

>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>>=20
>> I followed you instructions for Windows Mail & contacted my =
server..who was no hlep..still receiving mail but can't not sending.
> dbmseize@telus.net
0
Gary

Recieve Mail Before Sending

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Message comes as an attachment

Mail lMerge

error 0x800cc0f

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

error on upgrade: ID 4386

DNS Error on Exchange

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...

Rendering iframe in an outlook message
what settings (is it security) do I need to make to outlook 2003 to enable it to render an iframe HTML in a message? ...