Windows mail error message 04-23-10

When we try to send a link we get a messag "Windows Mail no longer supports
HTTP" not sure what to do now. Tried to set up "Register Hotmail" like was
suggested but still get the error message
--
John S

This applies to WinMail as well.

How to add your Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook Express
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=99d4b13d-13db-40d8-9cdf-172002d4194c

Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry?sa=88094129
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"John S" <JohnS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we try to send a link we get a messag "Windows Mail no longer
> supports
> HTTP" not sure what to do now. Tried to set up "Register Hotmail" like
> was
> suggested but still get the error message
> --
> John S

0
Bruce
4/23/2010 4:16:41 PM
Bruce gave you the instructions for accessing your hotmail account via POP3,
where emails are downloaded and usually removed from the server.
If you wish to access it via http, like you may have done with OE, then
download and use the newer Windows Live Mail program.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"John S" <JohnS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we try to send a link we get a messag "Windows Mail no longer
> supports
> HTTP" not sure what to do now. Tried to set up "Register Hotmail" like was
> suggested but still get the error message
> --
> John S

0
Dave
4/23/2010 5:31:16 PM
When installing a Hotmail or MSN account in Windows Mail, there is
a wrinkle that I didn't see covered in the instructions referenced =
below.

Although it accepts the newer Live.com addresses, the Windows Mail=20
account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.
To get around that, when you enter your Hotmail email address initially, =

use a fake one, such as me@xhotmail.com. After the account setup is=20
complete, go back and correct your email address.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message =
> This applies to WinMail as well.
>=20
> How to add your Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook Express
> =
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3D99d4b13d-13db-40d8-=
9cdf-172002d4194c
>=20
> Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access
> =
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry?=
sa=3D88094129
> --=20
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>=20
>=20
> "John S" <JohnS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> When we try to send a link we get a messag "Windows Mail no longer=20
>> supports
>> HTTP" not sure what to do now. Tried to set up "Register Hotmail" =
like=20
>> was
>> suggested but still get the error message
>> --=20
>> John S=20

0
Gary

Error 550 Relaying denied

message delivery problems

Document Viewer installer error

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

outlook 2007 e-mail

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

OE autodelete OLD mail

Error 130

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Test message 1
"Catherine Lane" <girllane2@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:49e71c3e$0$4046$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... Wrong newsgroup for test messages. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Missing Mail Folder
I am using outlook 2003 A subfolder within my main mail folder disappeared from view. Although I can not see the folder, I did an advanced search for mail messages in the missing folder (I know the name and typed it into the search crieteria, it was not available on the dropdown) and Outlook found all of the messages. From the search results window I moved them to a new folder but still have not been able to see the old folder. I am not positive I have all of the mail from this folder. Any suggestions about recoveering the folder? I am interested in the root cause so I can preve...