Windows mail comes alright but then disappears

Hello,

Background
I run my Gmail thorugh Windows mail. The settings in Gmail is activated for
pop. The settings in Windows mail are “recent: my.name@gmail.com”. The server
port settings are 25/995. Furthermore I use Windows Vista, F-secure, Internet
Explorer 7.

Windows Mail arrives alright. To the inbox. I can open it and so on. Problem
comes when I have a look in another folder in Windows mail, such as sent or
junk. Then the newly arrived mail just disappears from the Windows mail. It
can still be found in the Gmail, but that´s not what I want.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone?

Ove, Stockholm

While in the WinMail Inbox: View | Current View. Change it from Hide Read
Messages to Show All Messages.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"nn" <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Background
> I run my Gmail thorugh Windows mail. The settings in Gmail is activated
> for
> pop. The settings in Windows mail are “recent: my.name@gmail.com”. The
> server
> port settings are 25/995. Furthermore I use Windows Vista, F-secure,
> Internet
> Explorer 7.
>
> Windows Mail arrives alright. To the inbox. I can open it and so on.
> Problem
> comes when I have a look in another folder in Windows mail, such as sent
> or
> junk. Then the newly arrived mail just disappears from the Windows mail.
> It
> can still be found in the Gmail, but that´s not what I want.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Anyone?
>
> Ove, Stockholm

0
Bruce
3/16/2010 6:53:39 PM
That did it. Thank You!!

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> While in the WinMail Inbox: View | Current View. Change it from Hide Read
> Messages to Show All Messages.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "nn" <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Background
> > I run my Gmail thorugh Windows mail. The settings in Gmail is activated
> > for
> > pop. The settings in Windows mail are “recent: my.name@gmail.com”. The
> > server
> > port settings are 25/995. Furthermore I use Windows Vista, F-secure,
> > Internet
> > Explorer 7.
> >
> > Windows Mail arrives alright. To the inbox. I can open it and so on.
> > Problem
> > comes when I have a look in another folder in Windows mail, such as sent
> > or
> > junk. Then the newly arrived mail just disappears from the Windows mail.
> > It
> > can still be found in the Gmail, but that´s not what I want.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? Anyone?
> >
> > Ove, Stockholm
> >

> .

mail redirection
Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? Zvuk wrote: > Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange > (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? > > Could you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail? For example: when you use web based e-mail, like yahoo for example, you are almost always offered a possibility to have all your mail forwarded to some other mail account. In our company we naturally all have email accounts on the company mail ...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

Could not register Add-In
I tried to install a dll (Outlook Add-In) with regsvr32 on a Windows XP Computer. On a different XP - Computer it worked without problems. But there after entering the command regsvr32 ....dll an error message occured: No registration tool for this type of programm registered! Then i tried it with a vb6 created setup-programm and failed again. What could be the origin of the problem and how could it be solved ?? Regards, Bernhard Brunner ...

Windows Vista Mail bcc Not Sending
I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to those names? "Jenny" <jjnewman87@gmail.com> wrote in message news:DA341DEA-B2EB-4560-BB67-D8C2BA9DA5C3@microsoft.com... >I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to >those names? > > What makes you believe that Jenny? Do they stay in your Outbox? If yes: please copy and paste the unedited error message that WM provides. If not: Go to your sent items folder and select one of your messages, then press the Ctrl key + F3, the message h...

A bad draft HTML e-mail that crashes Outlook 2003.
Hello. I was working on an e-mail reply in HTML format. Now, I can't edit/reply to it because Outlook crashes. Even copy and pasting the e-mail in HTML format as a new e-mail crashes. The crash error said: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, stamp 44c9f56a, debug? 0, fault address 0x00070ef0. I tried other HTML e-mails in edit and replying, and they weren't crashing. Is there a way to fix this beside copying and pasting as raw text? This is the first time I ever had this problem. I am using ...

Move Mails from OutlookExpress5/98 to OE6/XP
I have mails in my OutlookExpress5 on Win98 in my old PC, and I just bought a new laptop with OutlookExpress6 running on XP. How can I move my mails from OE5/98 in my old PC to OE6/XP in my new laptop? Your help much appreciated. David (dht_david@hotmail.com) This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsof...

Outbound e-mails do not arrive
Howdy People, I have a user who complains that her outbound e-mails do not arrive. Via Message Tracking Center I was able to track the concerning message, only the Message track was entirely empty! The message does not appear to be in the queue, also the user has not received a NDR. Exchange setup is as follows: # One user on an Exchange Ent Server "AA001" # Mail from "AA001" is transferred to Exchange SBS2k3 Server "AA002" # Server "AA002" is connected to the Internet. Last (line) Message Track for this message on Server "AA001": Message...

SFOC Mail Merger
Does anyone know if CRM 2.0 SFOC (2005) will have the ability to mail merge in custom fields? I read on another thread that currently in v. 1.2 the WordMailMerge for MSCRM 1.2 by PTM EDV-Systems is the only way to do this at present. I tried to mail merge and could not see any of our custom fields in either the Accounts or Contacts. Reason I ask is we are demoing to a client tomorrow that we will be converting from Maximizer and they have a lot of custom fields and will want this functionality. Thanks! Shauna Hello ! Have you allready tried our Add-On? It is now the only way to u...

How can I duplicate Outlook (mail, contact, calendar,etc) on my l.
When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in sync. jsu8249 <jsu8249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files > (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in > sync. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Receiving mail stops working after awhile on Outlook
I need to expert help here. Something on my PC gets flaky after being on and working for awhile, I will stop receiving emails on certain accounts, but it's like it's cached info or something because other accounts will work fine. All my accounts are set up under Outlook, with the only differences being the names. In other words, I have six emails set up under my Mindspring account, so all are really duplicates as far as SMTP and POP information. Eventually within a 12-48 hour period, one account out of the 6 will not receive messages any more, even though it will send just fine!! The e...

the systemn file (windows/system32/config/system) is growing
Hi, I recently asked why my system file is 200mb -- I used your advice and used NTRGOPT and this brought it down to about 8mb. Now I notice that my system file is gradually growing again. Wen I use NTREGOPT it comes back down, but this is not a permanent solution. What can I do to keep the file from growing? How can I check what is happening? I looked in error logs and system logs and there is nothing listed at the time that the file was modified. I appreciate your help with this. Thanks Jeff wrote: > Hi, > > I recently asked why my system file is 200mb --...

Multiple *.pst files in "All Mail Folders"
Dear All: I have multiple *.pst files that have been created over the last 10 years. Most are still on the old 2000 format ie not the new 2003 format. Some relate to specific projects and others relate to series of companies etc etc. They were all under the former 2 gig limits in size for pst files. I would like to have those files available in the " All Mail Folders" section in Outlook 2003. However, I get an "out of resources" when I bring those files into the folder area and try to open a pst file to read an email or deposit a new email in that file/folder. (abc.pst...

need to download office 2003 to my windows xp
i have tried everything i know to find the office 2003 that my school says i need to continue with my corses. however, all i find is the updates for office 2003 . i dont need the updates untill i get the original , do i ? -- dianne You cannot use the updates without the original. And Office is not downloadable. You need to purchase a copy. As a student there are some great deals available to you. Try your school bookstore. And BTW..this is a Dynamics GP (Great Plains) site. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tip...

Windows had to close message when I close Word
I recently had to have my hard drive reformatted due to a virus. I am running Windows XP Home Edition and ever since I reinstalled Office 2007 every time I close Word I get a message that says "Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Every once in a while when I try to save something it will start running the setup as well. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It gets downright irritating having to tell Office Word constantly not to save and try to recover my work since I already saved it and I...

Incoming mail message looping in inbox
Hi, I am having problems with an email from a known person with a seemingly legitimate email address that is being sent to a user's inbox every minute exactly. After reading a bit into it, I am pretty sure the problem is not with the client (Outlook 2000), but rather the server (Exchange 2003 SP2). I cannot restart the server until tonight, and am hoping fiddling with some services or perhaps a reboot may help, but does anyone else have anyone advice that may be helpful? Thanks Steve On 2 Mar 2006 20:05:08 -0800, stevep@epra.wa.gov.au wrote: >Hi, > >I am having problems with ...

How to prevent popup the authencation login window when running re
We use CRM 3.0 + SQL Server 2005's reporting service. The reporting service is on the other site.The site had been configured windows integration authencation. The client PC access CRM site via IE and the client PC hasn't logged in sepcified windows domain. When I access CRM site from client, it prompts an system login window. I input the domain user and password,then enter the CRM system. When I click the report on CRM, the system login window appears again. Can anyone give me a solution to realize log in only once? Hi Joseph, I don't think it's possible. > The repo...

Clikcing on email link and netscape comes up and not outlook
whenever i or one of my users clicks on a email link on a web page about 1 out of 5 times the system launches netscape messenger instead of outlook which is set as the default mail client. anybody heard of a fix? ...

Preventing incoming e-mail from a particular address with Exchange 2003
How can I reject an incoming e-mail from a particular e-mail address with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks, Tim On your Exchange 2003 server go to: Start=>>Programs=>>Microsoft Exchange=>>System Manager Expand your site (Domain)=>>expand Global Settings Right click Message delivery and click Properties Select the Sender Filtering Tab Type in the address you want to filter and check the "Drop connection if adress matches filter" box. You can filter an entire Domain by putting a * before the @ in a domain address. Exapmle: *@somedomain.com >-----Original M...

Custom recipients to deliver mail from 5.5 Org to 2003 Org
Hi I need some help setting up co-existence between and Exchange 5.5 Org and an Exchange 2003 Org. The two Organisations are connected via X400 (with the address space for the 2003 Org domain) and this is working fine, with message flow in both directions. There is no replication or provisioning taking place between the two Orgs as this is not required. All mail to other Exchange sites or internet domains is being routed through the 5.5 gateway at another site. What we are trying to do is to deliver mail to both the 5.5 mailboxes and for this mail to then also be delivered to the 20...

Can e-mail accounts use the domain password ?
We have many users with XP Pro laptops who are forced to change domain passwords every 60 days. They use the same password for their Outlook e-mail account. Thus they must also remember to change their Outlook e-mail account password at the same time. Is there any way for the Outlook e-mail account to use their domain password ? Paul Offerle wrote: > We have many users with XP Pro laptops who are forced to > change domain passwords every 60 days. They use the same > password for their Outlook e-mail account. Thus they must > also remember to change their Outlook e-mail accoun...

Unexplained Junk Mail
I have "Safety Options" set to "No Automatic Filtering" and my "Blocked Senders" list is empty. Yet, e-mail that is important to me is sent to my Junk Folder! What gives? Is the email from a Contact ? Is the recipient address a Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com) ? Is the recipient email account setup as Http ? Does the email contain links or graphics ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Bill Stine" <Bill Stine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A61B1AAA-7E9A-4719-AEFE-769A2769CB1C@microsoft.com......

Junk E-mail Reporting Tool for Outlook
Microsoft is now offering for download a free "Junk E-Mail Reporting Tool Version 1.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook." It is described this way ... "Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its affiliates. When you click "Yes" to confirm that you&...

Accept mail for both example.com and example.org
Our company, "example.org", would like mail addressed "foobar@example.com" to be seamlessly routed to the mailbox of "foobar@example.org". We want this done for all mailboxes at "example.org". I can handle the dns side, but I'm not sure how to configure Exchange. I know I can add a second domain to the default recipient policy, but do I have to add the new smtp address individually to every user? Or is there someway to get Exchange to "re-route" all email for "whoever@example.com" to "whoever@example.org"? Thanks...

Error faced::Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another progra
i can hear all system sounds an even hear tst sound in Realteck HD Audio Manager bt no other sound plays as in no music file an no online music.... if i open music file in windows media plyer 9 the eroor comes: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. THERE is no ques mrk on ny sound,vedio and game controllers device..in device manager...bt yellow ques mrk an exclamation mrk on MODEM DEVICE O...

Read e-mails disappear suddenly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Strange but truth. Since today (I am using Entourage for some months without any problems) suddenly read e-mails disappear totally. <br> Does somebody know what is happening. And what I can do with this problem? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355915145_5592023 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/5/10 12:32 PM, in article 59...